PDA

View Full Version : Dre Moore

derza222
10-23-2007, 01:28 PM
What are the concerns for Moore? I noticed Scott doesn't even have him in the top 100 seniors. Obviously he has great physical tools with size and speed. Is it a work ethic, intelligence, or on field production issue? Because purely based on size and athleticism I'd figure he would be a top 100 senior prospect. I personally think he'll rise between now and draft day and know many others have the same opinion, but was wondering why some aren't so high on him right now.

SuperKevin
10-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Like all Maryland players in recent memory, Moore is a player who will shoot up draft boards when he starts having individual workouts. Until then he's a fairly average prospect in a lot of people's eyes

SeanTaylorRIP
10-23-2007, 01:38 PM
The way he has played this year he has been the 2nd best Dlineman in the ACC behind Long in front of even a Calais Campbell. On the field I'd have him in the 20-45 range which would go up with workouts, but don't get it twisted he is one of the most productive DT's in the nation and is always disruptive.

mikehop05
10-23-2007, 01:44 PM
he will most likely be the best DT in the first round, clearly i am a homer but this guys' athleticism is off the charts, i have a few friends here who play on the team and they are talking about him being more of a freak tham merriman was at their respective positions

i bet he gets drafted behind glen dorsey though, mainly because he is from UMD, not LSU

SeanTaylorRIP
10-23-2007, 01:48 PM
he will most likely be the best DT in the first round, clearly i am a homer but this guys' athleticism is off the charts, i have a few friends here who play on the team and they are talking about him being more of a freak tham merriman was at their respective positions

i bet he gets drafted behind glen dorsey though, mainly because he is from UMD, not LSU

Oh of course he will be drafted after Dorsey, He'll most likely be 4th or 5th taken but still should be a late first-mid 2nd with chance to move up with freakish workouts.

mikehop05
10-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Oh of course he will be drafted after Dorsey, He'll most likely be 4th or 5th taken but still should be a late first-mid 2nd with chance to move up with freakish workouts.

i cannot wait for the world to see him at workouts, when he runs a faster 40 than some receivers (those who prolly wont get drafted, though)

bearsfan_51
10-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah I wouldn't take where Scott has him ranked right now to mean much quite frankly. Those rankings are in dire need of an updated. I don't know why he put the link on the front page without changing any of them. I mean...Tommy Blake in the first round? Buh?

I think Moore could easily be a top 20 pick, and the 3rd DT off the board.

Finsfan79
10-23-2007, 02:19 PM
I am just curious if he can play Nose Tackle for the 3-4 system in the pros

Freddy G
10-23-2007, 04:04 PM
He has the tools and frame to do so. Right now he is 310ish, but he does a great job getting low and playing with leverage, plus he is strong as an ox.

Like NT though, he isn't going to be a starting 3-4 NT as a rookie, you are gonna have to give a year or two in order to get bigger and learn the tech.

SuperKevin
10-23-2007, 04:12 PM
He has the tools and frame to do so. Right now he is 310ish, but he does a great job getting low and playing with leverage, plus he is strong as an ox.

Like NT though, he isn't going to be a starting 3-4 NT as a rookie, you are gonna have to give a year or two in order to get bigger and learn the tech.

Well he has experience in Maryland's 3-4 hybrid defense

bearsfan_51
10-23-2007, 04:40 PM
I am just curious if he can play Nose Tackle for the 3-4 system in the pros
Personally I think it would be a waste. Moore is probably the quickest DT in the NFL, why spend a top pick to pay him to do something he's not best at doing?

derza222
10-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Personally I think it would be a waste. Moore is probably the quickest DT in the NFL, why spend a top pick to pay him to do something he's not best at doing?

What about end?

D-Unit
10-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Happens all the time...

But Moore the quickest DT in the NFL??? Gotta question that one...

In a 1 gap 3-4 scheme Moore would be an excellent fit where he doesn't have to be a space eater.

Cashmoney
10-23-2007, 10:39 PM
i cannot wait for the world to see him at workouts, when he runs a faster 40 than some receivers (those who prolly wont get drafted, though)

so he's on roids like the rest of marylands players?

AS11toFG21
10-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Would Moore work as a 3-4 end?

mikehop05
10-24-2007, 12:26 AM
so he's on roids like the rest of marylands players?

yeah... thats why we're so good...

mikehop05
10-24-2007, 12:26 AM
Would Moore work as a 3-4 end?

i believe so yes, even more so if he could manage to slim down a little and keep his strength

BucSappy
10-24-2007, 05:23 AM
I think if DeMarcus Granger committs out of OU then he is the 2nd best DT in the draft behind Dorsey, and Moore is 3rd (depending on scheme of course but this is just overall).

toonsterwu
10-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Huge fan of Moore ... and I still don't see why he isn't in more first rounds. He's solid against the run, and improving as a pass rusher. I could see him in the 2nd round I guess, but I think he should be considered in round 1.

Now ... a comp ... what about Tank Johnson? I think, athletically, Tank may have a slight edge, and Moore's better at the run at similar points, but I think it's an intriguing comparison. Another possibility, and this might actually be better, is Ty Warren. That said, I think Moore can slide into the NT role. A young Jason Ferguson may be a thought. I think Moore is probably best as a 4-3 NT, but can play 4-3 UT, 3-4 DE, 3-4 NT. Heck, if you wanted to go big, he'd be a passable end for situational purposes in the 4-3.

bearsfan_51
10-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Happens all the time...

But Moore the quickest DT in the NFL??? Gotta question that one....

Well if you're going to question it then give me an alternative, otherwise your questioning has no base.

Moore is reported to be around a 4.8 forty. Even Scott, who has him listed as a 4.9 forty, has him as the fastest DT in his rankings.

So....what exactly are you questioning?

bearsfan_51
10-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Huge fan of Moore ... and I still don't see why he isn't in more first rounds. He's solid against the run, and improving as a pass rusher. I could see him in the 2nd round I guess, but I think he should be considered in round 1.

Now ... a comp ... what about Tank Johnson? I think, athletically, Tank may have a slight edge, and Moore's better at the run at similar points, but I think it's an intriguing comparison. Another possibility, and this might actually be better, is Ty Warren. That said, I think Moore can slide into the NT role. A young Jason Ferguson may be a thought. I think Moore is probably best as a 4-3 NT, but can play 4-3 UT, 3-4 DE, 3-4 NT. Heck, if you wanted to go big, he'd be a passable end for situational purposes in the 4-3.

I think a lot of it has to do with Scott's ranking quite frankly. I've been around here long enough to see people's opinions of players completely shift after Scott updates his rankings. It's kinda funny watching people try to pass off those opinions as their own.

I think Moore would be a better 4-3 UT (thought the same thing about Tank too) but that may be part of my bias that the UT should be the more athletic and higher valued pick.

toonsterwu
10-24-2007, 09:07 PM
To be honest, I don't think it has anything to do with Scott. A lot of people don't have Moore high. I saw a place that had him as a 5th rounder awhile ago. Certainly not impossible, but I'd be stunned if he fell that low. My best guess is that many folks haven't watched him this year, and are still thinking of the highly talented, a bit more raw player that he was last year.

Geo
10-24-2007, 10:08 PM
I too have had Moore as a first round pick and specifically the 3rd defensive tackle off the board. It's going to be a position in need by some teams come April, and a prospect with Moore's potential and productivity will be sought after. He could very well be a Top 20 pick, depending on whether or not a team that could use Moore is there and if someone else isn't.

Not that I've gotten to doing an 08 mock yet, I'm just starting to build one, but I sort of have Moore pegged to a team like the New Orleans Saints in my mind. Who I still think will make the playoffs, although as a Wild Card team instead of the repeat division champ I initially thought.

I like him much more as a 4-3 nose tackle than 3 tech, quite honestly.

derza222
10-25-2007, 10:16 AM
I'd watch out for a 3-4 team to try and nab him as well. Personally, with all of the needs that we have, I'd love my Jets to slide down a bit into the mid first, pick up of a couple of picks, and draft Moore. It might not be his best fit, but there are next to no top-end 3-4 defensive line prospects in this draft. And the great thing about Moore for a 3-4 team is his versatility. He's a fit at end or tackle, and with his size and speed he could eventually be a beast at end, but with his strength he could put on a few and play the nose as well. I think Moore is the kind of guy the Jets are going to target in this draft, and I hope they find some way to try and grab him. But as great a fit as he is for the 4-3, I have a funny feeling some 3-4 team is going to go after him in this draft.

DeathbyStat
10-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Like all Maryland players in recent memory, Moore is a player who will shoot up draft boards when he starts having individual workouts. Until then he's a fairly average prospect in a lot of people's eyes

Agreed the definition of "work out warrior" but with decent college production