PDA

View Full Version : Patriots vs. Colts Thread

Addict
10-24-2007, 11:00 AM
no doubt, this is the biggest game in this regular season. Two 6-0 teams, and the two top quarterbacks in one game. NFL.com is already discussing it, so I figured we could have a go at this one as well, so go ahead and discuss, not just who wins, but also why....

Don Vito
10-24-2007, 11:24 AM
I think its gonna be a great, evenly matched game. I hope both teams don't look past this week so it can be a battle of unbeatens, because whoever wins this game has a legitimate shot at 16-0.

I am going to say the Patriots will win by a TD or less. It is going to come down to defense and the ground game. The passing games should cancel eachother out they are so prolific. The Colts have a GREAT pass defense its just they will be in a mismatch with Moss because if I am not mistaken all of there DB's are under 6 foot. Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Watson will always create mismatches in the passing game but the thing is so do Harrison, Wayne, Gonzo, and Clark.

Addai is a great player who played very well against the Pats last year. Maroney and Sammy Morris are banged up and Morris will probably still be out or not 100% by the Indy game, so I will give the Colts the edge on the ground.

It looks like we are in for quite a game, I hope the Pats can pull it off but it looks like it can go either way. But I'll take NE by 6 because

bored of education
10-24-2007, 11:29 AM
New England enters the game after losing to the Redskins and win.

Don Vito
10-24-2007, 11:36 AM

The Redskins match up very well with us, they have a great secondary that has size, toughness, and athleticism. They certainly will bring a very tough game to Foxborough, especially if Portis and Campbell are playing well.

This will be a very tough 2 game stretch for NE.

RyanLeaf#1
10-24-2007, 11:37 AM
no doubt, this is the biggest game in this regular season. Two 6-0 teams, and the two top quarterbacks in one game. NFL.com is already discussing it, so I figured we could have a go at this one as well, so go ahead and discuss, not just who wins, but also why....

Im a Colts fan, and there is no way I am overlooking the Panthers this week. The Colts are a 6.5 favorite on the road. Wouldnt shock me one bit if the Panthers get the W.

Addict
10-24-2007, 11:42 AM

honestly I doubt the Skins have the talent and focus required to beat the Pats, and I'm not even sure the Colts have what it takes (with a defense that still has some issues)

The Legend
10-24-2007, 11:46 AM

colts will lose if vinny plays
if carr plays the colts win

so lets see if this game will be a big or not :)

TitleTown088
10-24-2007, 11:52 AM
New England is going to roll Indy, just watch.

Basileus777
10-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Any word on if Seymour will be taken off the PUP before this game?

It will be interesting to see how the Colts defense performs. The Pats put 34 on them last year without Moss, Welker, and Stallworth. The Colts defense has improved, but enough to stop this juggernaut....

Addict
10-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Any word on if Seymour will be taken off the PUP before this game?

It will be interesting to see how the Colts defense performs. The Pats put 31 on them last year without Moss, Welker, and Stallworth. The Colts defense has improved, but enough to stop this juggernaut....

I thought he was off PUP already coming into week 6...

Don Vito
10-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Yea Seymour is playing this week.

Basileus777
10-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Apparently Seymour showed up for his first practice today, so he will probably be ready for the Indy game if not this week.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

RyanLeaf#1
10-24-2007, 12:31 PM
New England is going to roll Indy, just watch.

I doubt that very much.

LonghornsLegend
10-24-2007, 12:44 PM
I dont think New England will blow away Indy, at the least Indy can keep up, I dont think New England on defense can stop the Colts from scoring 30 points, manning is at home not in the snow, and i feel like with beating them last year in the playoffs, manning has alot less stress on him facing this team...

Either way, just like Steve Young said, if they meet again in the playoffs, it doesnt matter who wins thsi game, playoffs are a different game and it will depend on where that game is played

RyanLeaf#1
10-24-2007, 12:49 PM
hopefully they both lose this week so every idiot who is talking about undefeated after 6 games will finally shut their trap.

it's ridiculous that this game is already being discussed by anyone.

I think there is a very good shot that Indy goes down this week. The Redskins defense will really have to play their best game of the season to win. But I agree with you this is the NFL and there is still week 8 to be played anything can happen between now and when the Colts and Pats play.

RyanLeaf#1
10-24-2007, 12:50 PM
I dont think New England will blow away Indy, at the least Indy can keep up, I dont think New England on defense can stop the Colts from scoring 30 points, manning is at home not in the snow, and i feel like with beating them last year in the playoffs, manning has alot less stress on him facing this team...

Either way, just like Steve Young said, if they meet again in the playoffs, it doesnt matter who wins thsi game, playoffs are a different game and it will depend on where that game is played

Young was going off on Emmitt when they were discussing this game. But Young was 100% right.

The Unseen
10-24-2007, 12:55 PM
I say that whoever wins, it won't be close. For some reason I don't see it being a tug-of-war deal. Maybe because both teams have great offenses, and if one of them outplays the other, the other defense can work off of that and eventually supress the other offense.

That, or I'm hating the hype this game is getting and I want it to be a bad game so the pundits look stupid for pimping it.

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2007, 01:02 PM
it's just amazing to me that some people have forgotten that several teams have been FAR closer to undefeated than either of these teams, and still didn't make it (often losing to seriously inferior teams). i mean, i know we'd all like ESPN to take tom brady's and peyton manning's balls out of its collective mouth so we can all get a taste, but jesus. let's get a grip.

Your right that those teams have been closer to being undefeated but they also weren't led by 2 QB's that already pretty much HOF's and are going to go down as 2 of the best ever. We all know how ESPN works these days but there is a serious chance that one of these 2 teams makes it to the playoffs undefeated.

RyanLeaf#1
10-24-2007, 01:03 PM
it's just amazing to me that some people have forgotten that several teams have been FAR closer to undefeated than either of these teams, and still didn't make it (often losing to seriously inferior teams). i mean, i know we'd all like ESPN to take tom brady's and peyton manning's balls out of its collective mouth so we can all get a taste, but jesus. let's get a grip.

I would have to say this about the whole balls thing. ESPN has been on Bradys a whole lot more then Mannings this whole year. Its like Manning almost doesnt even exist. Which I like them a whole lot more flying under the radar. Because when all of the public thinks a team is going to win everything (Patriots) so early in the season. They usually find a way to lose come playoff time.

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2007, 01:09 PM
um. recent colts and patriots have been FAR closer than the current iterations. were they not quarterbacks by the exact same qbs and did ESPN not hype them at every opportunity they got then? or have we been watching a different sportscenter for the last 5 years?

I thought you were talking more of the 98 Vikings or teams like that. When the Colts or Pats of years ago were doing this well yes they were hyping up games a week or two in advance.

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 01:33 PM
I haven't been that impressed by the Colt's when it comes to being a powerhouse offense. They seem like a solid, well rounded team, but I don't think they can stop the Patriots Passing and that the PATS D is good enough to slow down the Colts.

Patriots 38 Colts 21

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2007, 01:34 PM
fine, the 1998 broncos. either way, i don't recall anyone suggesting a team would go undefeated after 6 games in any seriousness. now, it's not only espn, it's people who should either know better, or who must actually buy that it should be discussed now because they don't have any vested commercial interest in generating controversy or discussion.

Just looking at how the Patriots have been playing so far, all the talent they have on their team, a HOF QB and coach and yes I think it is a fair discussion to be honest. Throw in what Mangidiot did to really piss off the coach and you have a good formula for going undefeated. Would I be suprised to see them lose a game? Certainly not but I still think they have a great chance to go to the playoffs without a loss.

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2007, 01:41 PM
i don't buy it. like i said, there have been a HUGE number of highly talented teams go undefeated longer and then lose to mediocre teams. didn't the colts recently go 13-0? they were a pretty good team. weren't the 1998 broncos (a HOF studded team, if the HOF actually inducted denver players) undefeated after 12 weeks? it's just ridiculous. there are ten games left and they have to win every single one to accomplish something that's only happened once, ever.

Well it is incredibly hard and only time will tell if one of those teams will make it.

21ST
10-24-2007, 02:26 PM
The Redskins match up very well with us, they have a great secondary that has size, toughness, and athleticism. They certainly will bring a very tough game to Foxborough, especially if Portis and Campbell are playing well.

This will be a very tough 2 game stretch for NE.

LOL you haven't watched the redskins play much this year have you?

Brady should throw at least 4-5 TD's on the skins easy. As far as bringing a tough game, the only way we can even make the game competitive is if the pats only score like 10 points cause that might be as much as we can muster.....and i expect the pats to score 20+ in the first quarter

fenikz
10-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Just my opinion but I fell the Pats will blow out the Colts, there is just something special about that team, I could see Manning turning it over 2 or 3 times and Brady having another huge game

10-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Just my opinion but I fell the Pats will blow out the Colts, there is just something special about that team, I could see Manning turning it over 2 or 3 times and Brady having another huge game

if they were able to do that i wouldnt be scared at all to crown them prematurely as the greatest team of all-time

Shiver
10-24-2007, 05:28 PM
The Colts' defense is designed specifically to stop the deep ball. If they can contain Randy Moss, albeit a tall order, I think they can win. The Patriots defense is not that good. There is no one on their team that can stop Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark, and that's assuming Asante Samuel can cover Marvin Harrison. I don't buy for one minute that the Patriots will steamroll the Colts in their building.

yodabear
10-24-2007, 05:33 PM
I heard these teams are good.

LonghornsLegend
10-24-2007, 05:35 PM
If someone sticks to the run game, the Pats wont score that many points, they have never been a great run defending team, LT had a great game in the playoffs last year, and the colts love to run more now then in recent years...If they run at least 30 times with both backs, Colts will win the game...Addai is going to have a huge game if given the chance

But I do have a question about the Tampa 2 defense, if the corners play up and 2 safeties deep, does that mean the safety has to run with moss one one one for deep routes, or will the corner run with him?

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Marvin is having a bust of a year and Asante can shut down Wayne - they did a great job of shutting down Witten so Clark is a mute point and I'm pretty sure that the Pats will steam roll the Indy D

7-11
10-24-2007, 06:01 PM
What a frustrating thread to read, so I'm not even going to argue with any of you guys riding the jocks of everyone in the New England organisation.

If you all honestly believe the Colts don't have a chance in this game....well, like I said, its not the time for arguing about it yet.

Believe it or not Carolina and Washington are these two team's next two opponents, feel like i just walked into the ESPN studio

7-11
10-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Marvin is having a bust of a year and Asante can shut down Wayne

You're quite obviously an informed football fan

Philliez01
10-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Marvin really isn't having a bust of a year. He obviously burned Mackenzie or was it, David on the big TD? Most likely David, but I assume he will start turning things around. He's been limited in 2 of 5 games due to injury. Bad luck perhaps, though the injury is worrisome in my eyes.

Asante could theoretically shut down Wayne, but Wayne's route running is becoming as crisp as Harrison and the likes of Holt. That one catch he had by Peyton, was an excellent catch through a tight window. It was amazing on both behalfs.

But remember, Dallas Clark. Again, he is the "one to watch" for Indianapolis. Essentially used like Stokley was and what Gonzalez is going to be. If Clark can get seperation and find holes in the NE defense; Peyton should surely capitalize on that.

The two-headed monster at RB between Addai and Keith are producing workhorse style attacks. Love it.

The one key ingredient on defense is how to cover Benjamin Watson. I have confidence in Hayden on Stallworth enough for me to trust him. Jackson on Moss is definitely an interesting battle but you really can't stop Moss without exposing someone else.

Though June was inadequate for the Colts through the run, his coverage ability was good. While Keiaho and Brackett have exceeded my expectations in coverage, Watson will be a MAJOR challenge. I am really worried about him as well as the trio of Maroney, Morris (if he can play) and Faulk (hell even Eckel!). Also, remember Ugoh v. Seymour.

Moses
10-24-2007, 07:27 PM
If someone sticks to the run game, the Pats wont score that many points, they have never been a great run defending team, LT had a great game in the playoffs last year, and the colts love to run more now then in recent years...If they run at least 30 times with both backs, Colts will win the game...Addai is going to have a huge game if given the chance

But I do have a question about the Tampa 2 defense, if the corners play up and 2 safeties deep, does that mean the safety has to run with moss one one one for deep routes, or will the corner run with him?

Corners will attempt to disrupt the wide receivers route, going about 10 yards with them. At that point, the receiver is out of their zone and the safety will basically be in man coverage.

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 07:31 PM
You're quite obviously an informed football fan

For what the level of expectation is for him, I'd say production wise it is. Thanks for providing evidence to the contrary.

So far he has played 5 games, had 20 catches for 247 yards and 1 TD which puts him on pace to have 60 catches for 741 yards and 3 TDs...

He was expected to have another 1200yard 12 TD season... I'd say he's WAY below his normal level of perofrmance... partly due to injury and partly due to Peyton targeting Wayne more

LonghornsLegend
10-24-2007, 07:52 PM
For what the level of expectation is for him, I'd say production wise it is. Thanks for providing evidence to the contrary.

So far he has played 5 games, had 20 catches for 247 yards and 1 TD which puts him on pace to have 60 catches for 741 yards and 3 TDs...

He was expected to have another 1200yard 12 TD season... I'd say he's WAY below his normal level of perofrmance... partly due to injury and partly due to Peyton targeting Wayne more

If Samuel covers Wayne, Marvin will have a field day on their defense, regardless of it he isnt having his greatest season, what makes you think him and peyton wont play pitch and catch all over the field?? You have to put your best defender on Marvin, if not, expect at least 2 scores...I dont even see how you can underrated Harrison who is still probably the best route runner at wr right now, and catches everything...

Watchman
10-24-2007, 08:07 PM
...Clark is a mute...

Clark can't talk?

ks_perfection
10-24-2007, 08:09 PM
The biggest challenge for Ughoh will be how he handles complex blitz packages and if he can find the right guy to block and block him. Im not dismissing Symor ability to pass rush, but having to read and react to a complex 3-4 defense is a big challenge. Especially if its the first 3-4 he's faced (not sure)

7-11
10-24-2007, 08:12 PM

Thanks for actually backing up an argument, thought you were just going to be one of those guys that just seems to say the 1st thing that comes into their head without actually constructively analysing the statement.

Anyway to your point; yes his stats are down but this can be attributed to 4 things:

1. The emergence of Dallas Clark as a consistent target and playmaker. This along with Reggie Wayne developing into one of the cleanest route runners in the game have negated the previous reliance Peyton had on Marvin, not really making him less of a weapon for the Colts, merely making him not as important to the running of our offense

2. The success and implementaion of the run game. The Colts are averaging 140 odd yards per game on the ground (most in 25 years or something for the franchise) meaning the pass game isn't being relied on as heavily as in the past. I'd liken this to a dorment monster, i really feel when needed the Colts could amp their passing offense back up to the standards of Peyton's record breaking year.

3. Injury. Sure this is concerning for a guy of his age, but the way he plays the game (not taking hits and looking after himself the way he does) I'm not overly concerned about it. I still think considering his playing style he will still be able to get back to the level we've seen in the past.

4. Colts new attitude. In past years the Colts, in my opinion have seemed to put too much emphasis on blowing out opponents in the regular season as the Pats are doing this year (and good on them for it, they feel they have a point to prove so why not do it if they can?). Anyway this year they are getting to leads and playing ball control football, sure their offensive (mainly passing) numbers are down (only marginally actually when you look at it, but when compared to the Pats it does look below the normal standard) but you can't argue with the wins.

Anyway I'm rambling but my point is that i feel Marvin is still the weapon he always has been and still demands the top corner and double coverage to truly nullify.

Basileus777
10-24-2007, 08:13 PM
If someone sticks to the run game, the Pats wont score that many points, they have never been a great run defending team,

:eek:

Thats just a terribly ignorant statement....

Billingsley26
10-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Anyone know any sites or people who are selling 4 tickets to this game?? Im dead serious, so please no stupid remarks.
Im looking for 4 tickets to this game, and I know ebay has them, but I want to know if anyone on here is selling them or knows someone/websites who are.

Thanks in advance

Jvig43
10-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Harrison is having a down year, and yes it is def due to his injury, but he is def having a down year. Seymours return is qusetionable, he did return to practice, but he wasnt in full pads, and BB said hes gonna wait and see, and that wouldnt surprise me to mean seymour is activated after we play the colts, we want him perfectly healthy for the playoffs. The colts defense have played amazing against the run, espically monday night, i was really impressed, but watching Garrad throwing passes to holes in their defense(guys were left completely wide open) leads me to believe Brady will too. but i believe that the colts are one of the few teams that have a good enough of a package to beat us, and their at home. however, the pats are playing with a chip on their shoulder, so we'll see how this one goes.

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks for actually backing up an argument, thought you were just going to be one of those guys that just seems to say the 1st thing that comes into their head without actually constructively analysing the statement.

Anyway to your point; yes his stats are down but this can be attributed to 4 things:

1. The emergence of Dallas Clark as a consistent target and playmaker. This along with Reggie Wayne developing into one of the cleanest route runners in the game have negated the previous reliance Peyton had on Marvin, not really making him less of a weapon for the Colts, merely making him not as important to the running of our offense

2. The success and implementaion of the run game. The Colts are averaging 140 odd yards per game on the ground (most in 25 years or something for the franchise) meaning the pass game isn't being relied on as heavily as in the past. I'd liken this to a dorment monster, i really feel when needed the Colts could amp their passing offense back up to the standards of Peyton's record breaking year.

3. Injury. Sure this is concerning for a guy of his age, but the way he plays the game (not taking hits and looking after himself the way he does) I'm not overly concerned about it. I still think considering his playing style he will still be able to get back to the level we've seen in the past.

4. Colts new attitude. In past years the Colts, in my opinion have seemed to put too much emphasis on blowing out opponents in the regular season as the Pats are doing this year (and good on them for it, they feel they have a point to prove so why not do it if they can?). Anyway this year they are getting to leads and playing ball control football, sure their offensive (mainly passing) numbers are down (only marginally actually when you look at it, but when compared to the Pats it does look below the normal standard) but you can't argue with the wins.

Anyway I'm rambling but my point is that i feel Marvin is still the weapon he always has been and still demands the top corner and double coverage to truly nullify.

I'm not saying that Harrison isn't a great WR just that I feel he is performing below expectation and is on the downside of a great career - I'd be worried more about Wayne, who as you said, has really stepped up in a number of areas, and less about Harrison - will he make some plays? of course, but I'd rather force a slowed Harrison to beat me then a healthy Wayne

7-11
10-24-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm not saying that Harrison isn't a great WR just that I feel he is performing below expectation and is on the downside of a great career - I'd be worried more about Wayne, who as you said, has really stepped up in a number of areas, and less about Harrison - will he make some plays? of course, but I'd rather force a slowed Harrison to beat me then a healthy Wayne

Yeah i hear what your saying, but I'd still take a healthy Marvin over a healthy Reggie for a one game situation. Really, really close call but thats how i see it.

remix 6
10-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Harrison is having a down year, and yes it is def due to his injury, but he is def having a down year. Seymours return is qusetionable, he did return to practice, but he wasnt in full pads, and BB said hes gonna wait and see, and that wouldnt surprise me to mean seymour is activated after we play the colts, we want him perfectly healthy for the playoffs. The colts defense have played amazing against the run, espically monday night, i was really impressed, but watching Garrad throwing passes to holes in their defense(guys were left completely wide open) leads me to believe Brady will too. but i believe that the colts are one of the few teams that have a good enough of a package to beat us, and their at home. however, the pats are playing with a chip on their shoulder, so we'll see how this one goes.
whered u here that Sey wasnt in full pads? He took part in practice..which everyone was DRESSED full pads like every Wednesday. depending how he performs this week..maybe we activate him and let him play a little and get into against Skins in certain situations and get him extended playing time against colts

ShutDwn
10-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm interested to see how well the Patriots line handles the Colts. Brady hasn't had to deal with consistent pressure all year. Granted he hasn't played against more than one good team.

bernbabybern820
10-24-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm interested to see how well the Patriots line handles the Colts. Brady hasn't had to deal with consistent pressure all year. Granted he hasn't played against more than one good team.

I was going to post this as well. Also consider the crowd factor so the o-line is going to have to watch the ball being snapped.

Sigh.... my two favorite players on different teams.

Jvig43
10-24-2007, 10:55 PM
whered u here that Sey wasnt in full pads? He took part in practice..which everyone was DRESSED full pads like every Wednesday. depending how he performs this week..maybe we activate him and let him play a little and get into against Skins in certain situations and get him extended playing time against colts

http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=28603&pcid=41&rss=1

should put this up when i made my last post, it says he was in helmet and shoulder pads, but wore sweat pants and took it light in practice. i mean id rather have him back 100% during the playoffs then right now, but if hes up to it id def think itd be good to sub him in and out of the skins game to shake off the rust, he makes our defense a lot better, espically against the run.

Dam8610
10-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Why? There's absolutely no need for this, especially now. It'd be understandable if both teams make it through their game this week unscathed, but even that won't be easy. The Patriots are 1-6 against the Redskins all-time, and the Redskins are by far the toughest defensive challenge for the Patriots thus far. The Colts are 0-3 all-time against the Panthers, and have yet to face a WR of Steve Smith's caliber. Both teams will be making history simply by getting to this matchup undefeated if they do, so let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Need I remind anyone of the undefeated matchup that wasn't in 1998?

7-11
10-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Why? There's absolutely no need for this, especially now. It'd be understandable if both teams make it through their game this week unscathed, but even that won't be easy. The Patriots are 1-6 against the Redskins all-time, and the Redskins are by far the toughest defensive challenge for the Patriots thus far. The Colts are 0-3 all-time against the Panthers, and have yet to face a WR of Steve Smith's caliber. Both teams will be making history simply by getting to this matchup undefeated if they do, so let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Need I remind anyone of the undefeated matchup that wasn't in 1998?

See this is what i desperately wanted to say, but I'm mentally weak and got caught up in the arguement...oh the shame

Addict
10-25-2007, 01:13 AM

the point isn't they're undefeated as of now, but these are the two best teams in the NFL led by the two top quarterbacks. Regardless of their record being 7-0 or 6-1, it's a huge matchup. So stop beating it to death by hammering on the fact records change.

They could both lose, but that's the same story any given sunday.

Dam8610
10-25-2007, 02:18 AM
the point isn't they're undefeated as of now, but these are the two best teams in the NFL led by the two top quarterbacks. Regardless of their record being 7-0 or 6-1, it's a huge matchup. So stop beating it to death by hammering on the fact records change.

They could both lose, but that's the same story any given sunday.

The point still remains that this game is still well over a week away, and both teams have a game between now and that game. I understand the excitement for it, but there's really no reason to discuss it now.

Contr0versy
10-25-2007, 09:49 AM
The Patriots will crush the Colts. I don't even see this game being competitive. I just haven't been that impressed with the Colts' play this year, even though they're underfeated. . . Though they've won all of their games, they haven't really been dominant the way they have in previous years.

As for the game itself, I doubt the Colts can stop the Patriots offense. Bob Sanders will not be able to play the box at all in this game. If he does, it'll cost them, so the Colts defense will have to give up the running game and short passing game, unless they wanna get beat deep. I think the Redskins will give the Pats more trouble than the Colts.

Billingsley26
10-25-2007, 10:02 AM
The Patriots will crush the Colts. I don't even see this game being competitive. I just haven't been that impressed with the Colts' play this year, even though they're underfeated. . . Though they've won all of their games, they haven't really been dominant the way they have in previous years.

As for the game itself, I doubt the Colts can stop the Patriots offense. Bob Sanders will not be able to play the box at all in this game. If he does, it'll cost them, so the Colts defense will have to give up the running game and short passing game, unless they wanna get beat deep. I think the Redskins will give the Pats more trouble than the Colts.

I disagree. I think that NE has better talent, and at first glance I thought NE would not have that hard of a time with IND, but then again I think about Peyton Manning, and Addai, and Harrison, and Wayne, and the OL. They are a good squad. No doubt about it. This will be a game for sure.

Contr0versy
10-25-2007, 10:17 AM
I disagree. I think that NE has better talent, and at first glance I thought NE would not have that hard of a time with IND, but then again I think about Peyton Manning, and Addai, and Harrison, and Wayne, and the OL. They are a good squad. No doubt about it. This will be a game for sure.Yeah, well I think the only way the Colts can win is by controlling the clock (basically running the ball), but I don't think Manning can stick to that kind of game plan even if his life depended on it. He'll call a running play, see the Patriots defense, then call an audible for a passing play, which will then either lead to mistakes on his part, or the Colts scoring fast. Now if the Colts score fast, they're in trouble. Tom Brady can score just as fast, or take his sweet, precious time driving down the whole field and wearing out your defense. The Colts don't want that to happen. They need to keep Brady on the sideline, but can Manning stick to a running gameplan without calling an audible every two seconds? In previous years, the Colts didn't have to worry about keeping Brady on the sidelines because their offense was so explosive that they could out score any team in the NFL, but this year it's different. I don't think Manning can hang in a shootout with Tom Brady anymore. He needs to avoid that.

Geo
10-25-2007, 10:18 AM
After 7 weeks of a season, Peter King offers up the following gem: "The Patriots are one of the best teams ever to take the field. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/10/23/colts.pats.mailbag/index.html)"

bigbluedefense
10-25-2007, 10:20 AM
The Colts have a very good chance of winning this game. The Patriots have shown that in the past several years, they cannot stop the Colts offense. Yes, they brought in Thomas via FA, but he does not provide them anything that would help them stop the Colts. They still have no answer for Dallas Clark.

Not to mention Anthony Gonzalez provides another matchup problem for their defense.

The only way youre beating the Pats right now is if you can keep up with them and put points on the board. The Colts can do that.

The Colts can score with them, and they have the pass rushers that are capable of slowing Brady down. You can't stop Brady. But if you can put pressure on him, you can slow him down. He has an uncanny ability of making Freeney miss though, so to me that side of the matchup is key to this game. Rmemeber, even last year with no WR help, the Pats put up alot of points against the Colts in the AFC Championship game. So imagine what they can do now.

Its gonna be a battle between 2 great qbs. Im looking forward to it.

Billingsley26
10-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Yeah, well I think the only way the Colts can win is by controlling the clock (basically running the ball), but I don't think Manning can stick to that kind of game plan even if his life depended on it. He'll call a running play, see the Patriots defense, then call an audible for a passing play, which will then either lead to mistakes on his part, or the Colts scoring fast. Now if the Colts score fast, they're in trouble. Tom Brady can score just as fast, or take his sweet, precious time driving down the whole field and wearing out your defense. The Colts don't want that to happen. They need to keep Brady on the sideline, but can Manning stick to a running gameplan without calling an audible every two seconds? In previous years, the Colts didn't have to worry about keeping Brady on the sidelines because their offense was so explosive that they could out score any team in the NFL, but this year it's different. I don't think Manning can hang in a shootout with Tom Brady anymore. He needs to avoid that.

Trust me, Im just as big a Pats fan as anyone on this site. I hate no man more than Peyton Manning, but god dam do I respect him. You obviously havent taken notice of what he has done the last couple years. Beating NE twice last year. Its seems to me that you are vastly underestimating Peyton and his Colts. I think the way for IND to win is the exact opposite. They will need to score almost everytime they touch the ball, and Peyton is the only QB who I can see doing that other than Brady. What makes you think Manning cant hang in a shootout? Is it because he has Addai and KK in the backfield, or perhaps Marvin and Reggie at WR? I dont understand that. They have only added Anthony Gonzalez to the mix to make things better. This is going to be a hell of a game.

Addict
10-25-2007, 10:45 AM
After 7 weeks of a season, Peter King offers up the following gem: "The Patriots are one of the best teams ever to take the field. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/10/23/colts.pats.mailbag/index.html)"

It happens every year... I remember 2 years ago everyone talked about the colts going 16-0 as well, they went 13-3... because they rested players. I doubt the Patriots franchise cares more about getting the superbowl than going 16-0...

MaddHatter
10-25-2007, 10:53 AM

The Cowboys doubled his total sacks for the year by sacking him 3 times, including one that led to a fumble-six. The problem was he switched to a 3-step drop at halftime on 80% of his passes and we couldn't get to him - I'd say that if the Colts have any success in the first, that he'll probably do the same thing.

Jvig43
10-25-2007, 11:46 AM
i dont get why people are getting so bent out of shape with a thread discussing a game that is gonna be a lot of fun to watch. If people want to discuss it whats wrong with that, its obvious everyone on this forum likes to talk football, so let them talk football, if you dont think its worth discussing dont post, i dont think its wrong to talk about this when its a week before kickoff.

Sniper
10-25-2007, 12:30 PM
I like the Patriots here, big time. Their O is just flat out disgusting and I have a feeling BB will have a few new plays for Peyton. I'm thinking 45-24 Pats.

Jvig43
10-25-2007, 01:16 PM
well i didnt mean an actuall week, i was just commenting on the fact that its ok to talk about a big game before it gets here, and its not pathetic, ppl want to talk about what interests them, if it dosent interest you thats fine, buit thats your opinion, it dosent mean everyone on here discussing this is pathetic, it means their interested and theirs nothing wrong with it. im sorry you seem to be sick of hearing about this match up, and apparently listening to espn non stop talk about New england sports teams, but the sox did just blow out the rockies, and the pats are blowing out their oppenents so its no surprise these two teams are getting more coverage than pther teams, they did this to the colts the same year they almost went defeated. back to my point, this topic interests ppl so why are you saying were pathetic for wanting to talk about it just because your sick of hearing about? cause its apparent their are people who arent

Addict
10-25-2007, 01:49 PM
nothing's wrong with it. it's just pathetic. further, i'm curious how you define a "week", given that 7 days is not the same as 10 days. but yeah.
http://www.weaselcircus.com/funnypics/chillpill.jpg

Watchman
10-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Where is the thread about the Den @ Hou game on 12/13? I can't find it anywhere.

Namy
10-25-2007, 04:49 PM
well i didnt mean an actuall week, i was just commenting on the fact that its ok to talk about a big game before it gets here, and its not pathetic, ppl want to talk about what interests them, if it dosent interest you thats fine, buit thats your opinion, it dosent mean everyone on here discussing this is pathetic, it means their interested and theirs nothing wrong with it. im sorry you seem to be sick of hearing about this match up, and apparently listening to espn non stop talk about New england sports teams, but the sox did just blow out the rockies, and the pats are blowing out their oppenents so its no surprise these two teams are getting more coverage than pther teams, they did this to the colts the same year they almost went defeated. back to my point, this topic interests ppl so why are you saying were pathetic for wanting to talk about it just because your sick of hearing about? cause its apparent their are people who arent
Please, learn how to use a period lol

Anyways, this game is definitely intriguing. I, too, hope both teams play each other undefeated. The Patriots are steamrolling opponents, however, they haven't really played a quality team...

I think playing at the RCA Dome will be a great factor for the Colts and I think Manning will do a good job in keeping Brady off the field. While Brady may get the deep ball and score like lightning, Manning will be the surgeon that will hold drives long and tire out the defense.

Addict
10-25-2007, 04:54 PM
random things

two can play at that game, and I agree.

Jvig43
10-25-2007, 04:57 PM
ok you said this was a pathetic board, got it, thanks for stating your opinion.

Watchman
10-25-2007, 05:49 PM
we should probably start one.

although i'm more partial to AFC Wild Card Game #2, featuring Worst Division Winner and Worst Wild Card Team. that'll be a sick match-up, considering both still have a chance to go almost undefeated. i mean, those teams feature qb's ranked somewhere between #3 and #15 overall in the nfl. what more could you want? even better, one of them might go to the super bowl! we should talk about it now since it's only 11 weeks away.

You have a keen eye sir, and a knack for disecting a matchup. Despite the fact that it is almost 3 months away. Bravo!

BUTerriers
10-25-2007, 05:55 PM
I just don't know if the Colts' cover 2 defense will hold up well against the Pats...yeah, it may take away the deep ball against Moss, but what are they going to do about the short routes by Welker in the slot? They really could just carve them up by throwing lots of short routes to Wes, Watson, and Maroney. They have to make sure Moss is covered at all times, and that will leave a lot of field open for the other guys. That being said, Indy winning would not surprise me, especially if the Pats can't get their run game going again, and if Addai manages to tire out the Pats' defense by running 20-30 times.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-25-2007, 06:11 PM
The Colts have a very good chance of winning this game. The Patriots have shown that in the past several years, they cannot stop the Colts offense. Yes, they brought in Thomas via FA, but he does not provide them anything that would help them stop the Colts. They still have no answer for Dallas Clark.

Not to mention Anthony Gonzalez provides another matchup problem for their defense.

The only way youre beating the Pats right now is if you can keep up with them and put points on the board. The Colts can do that.

The Colts can score with them, and they have the pass rushers that are capable of slowing Brady down. You can't stop Brady. But if you can put pressure on him, you can slow him down. He has an uncanny ability of making Freeney miss though, so to me that side of the matchup is key to this game. Rmemeber, even last year with no WR help, the Pats put up alot of points against the Colts in the AFC Championship game. So imagine what they can do now.

Its gonna be a battle between 2 great qbs. Im looking forward to it.

You're bang on about the having to outscore them. The Colts are capable. I really think the poster above you is underrating Manning's desire to win now. He did the tons of passing thing, and it got them close. But he won when he started balancing. I think he'll call a healthy amount of runs.

7-11
10-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Now if the Colts score fast, they're in trouble.

So you're a football coach, right?

Billingsley26
10-25-2007, 06:30 PM
So you're a football coach, right?

That dude has made some obsrud comments in this thread. He has said tings like Peyton Manning wont be able to score and stupid things like that. I dont understand how he think the Colts could've gotten worse. In fact, I think they have gotten better.

Like I said, im as big a Pats fan as anyone out here, and I will not overlook Indy one bit, not after last years AFC Championship game.

Billingsley26
10-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Like for some reason he thinks that the Colts cant score or something lol. Really crazy comments!

7-11
10-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Like for some reason he thinks that the Colts cant score or something lol. Really crazy comments!

The worst part is that statement about scoring kinda makes me think he doesn't understand the concept of a contest, a complicated one a i know, but surely with a little bit of research it would be possible to comprehend

MaxV
10-25-2007, 07:14 PM
No, the worst part of his post is that he said that if the Colts score fast that will work against them.

Jeez, so I guess Pats should just let the Colts score on 1 play everytime and they'll win. :rolleyes:

Dam8610
10-26-2007, 01:26 AM
http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071025/SPORTS/710250405

7-11
10-26-2007, 01:39 AM
http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071025/SPORTS/710250405

I enjoyed that read

Geo
10-26-2007, 10:06 AM
LOL, nothing wrong with poking fun at a crazed Patriots fan.

btw, Patriots 100, Colts 3.

This Patriots team is the greatest ever assembled in the history of muli-cell organisms, they would have made Chuck Bednarik stain his underpants and Vince Lombardi weep uncontrollably with fear. They will drop a hundy in the RCA Dome and the Colts' only score will be from the foot of Adam Vinatieri, the clutchest member of the Patriots dynasty.

Contr0versy
10-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Trust me, Im just as big a Pats fan as anyone on this site. I hate no man more than Peyton Manning, but god dam do I respect him. You obviously havent taken notice of what he has done the last couple years. Beating NE twice last year.Yeah, but that was the past. Is the past not the past for a reason? Every Sunday we have to revisit the past by listening to these commentators talk about what happened last year, what happened in '05, what happened in '77, blah blah blah. . . It's a new season, and the Patriots are a new and improved (not to mention far better) team than they were last year. New England has matched the Colts offensively in every category this season, from acquiring two explosive WRs in Moss and Stallworth to match Harrison and Wayne, to acquiring a dynamic slot WR to match Brandon Stokley (now Anthony Gonzalez), and we all know Benjamin Watson and Dallas Clark are pretty even. Offensively, it's as even (though I give the slight edge to the Pats) as you can get. This is something the Patriots NEVER had in previous years. It should come as no surprise that the Colts beat them twice last year. The big surprise was that the Patriots were even to keep that game close.

Its seems to me that you are vastly underestimating Peyton and his Colts. I think the way for IND to win is the exact opposite. They will need to score almost everytimeThat's the problem. I don't think they can. The Colts are missing something on offense this season, but they're simply not as explosive as they have been in the past. This doesn't mean they're not a good team, but something is missing. I think letting go of Brandon Stokley was a HUGE mistake and will cost them in big game situations like this one, especially when teams lock down on Harrison and Wayne. Gonzalez isn't good enough to step up at this point and be the man. Manning doesn't have as many options this season as he had in the past, whereas Tom Brady has way too many. Offensively, the Colts and Patrioits have traded places this season. Brady is the new Manning and Manning is the old Brady. You'll see in a few weeks. :D

Geo
10-26-2007, 03:12 PM
The only mistake with regards Stokley was the ridiculous contract Polian signed such an injury-prone slot receiver to. No thanks, I'll gladly keep the superior receiver in Anthony Gonzalez (the white Steve Smith imo) any day.

Stokley didn't play in either game against the Patriots last year, btw. In fact, he barely played at all in 2006. The Colts somehow managed to win a Super Bowl without him.

Contr0versy
10-26-2007, 03:16 PM
So you're a football coach, right?Hell NO! My life is too sweet and precious to be wasting it on a football field yelling at a bunch of airheads every week. C'mon now!

But I don't think you have to be a coach to give an opinion. :D

Contr0versy
10-26-2007, 03:21 PM
The only mistake with regards Stokley was the ridiculous contract Polian signed such an injury-prone slot receiver to. No thanks, I'll gladly keep the superior receiver in Anthony Gonzalez (the white Steve Smith imo) any day.

Stokley didn't play in either game against the Patriots last year, btw. In fact, he barely played at all in 2006. The Colts somehow managed to win a Super Bowl without him.So what @ Stokley not playing last season. He's playing this season, and doing quite well for the Broncos in critical situations when the ball is thrown his way. Calling Anthony Gonzalez a superior receiver is as funny as watching Emmit Smith struggle with the English language every Sunday. Stokley is as good of a route runner as you're gonna find in the NFL.

Contr0versy
10-26-2007, 03:31 PM
No, the worst part of his post is that he said that if the Colts score fast that will work against them.

Jeez, so I guess Pats should just let the Colts score on 1 play everytime and they'll win. :rolleyes:I hope the Colts do come out and score fast, so you can see how easy the Patriots adjust their gameplan and wear out Indy's defene with GREAT ball control, crisp passing, and one TD after another. You obviously forgot how easy the Pats took control of the Cowboys once they took the lead in the 3rd quarter. Like I said, if the Colts score fast and easy, Brady will avoid all deep balls, and begin eating away at the clock by throwing nothing but short passes for 1st downs. He'll keep Indy's offense off the field all day long. There's no team in the NFL that does it better than the Pats. You'll see in a few weeks, then we'll see what you have to say then. Lol

Moses
10-26-2007, 03:41 PM
I hope the Colts do come out and score fast, so you can see how easy the Patriots adjust their gameplan and wear out Indy's defene with GREAT ball control, crisp passing, and one TD after another. You obviously forgot how easy the Pats took control of the Cowboys once they took the lead in the 3rd quarter. Like I said, if the Colts score fast and easy, Brady will avoid all deep balls, and begin eating away at the clock by throwing nothing but short passes for 1st downs. He'll keep Indy's offense off the field all day long. There's no team in the NFL that does it better than the Pats. You'll see in a few weeks, then we'll see what you have to say then. Lol

Wow, the posters here never cease to amaze me.

Dam8610
10-26-2007, 03:44 PM
That's the problem. I don't think they can. The Colts are missing something on offense this season, but they're simply not as explosive as they have been in the past. This doesn't mean they're not a good team, but something is missing. I think letting go of Brandon Stokley was a HUGE mistake and will cost them in big game situations like this one, especially when teams lock down on Harrison and Wayne. Gonzalez isn't good enough to step up at this point and be the man. Manning doesn't have as many options this season as he had in the past, whereas Tom Brady has way too many. Offensively, the Colts and Patrioits have traded places this season. Brady is the new Manning and Manning is the old Brady. You'll see in a few weeks. :D

I hope the Colts do come out and score fast, so you can see how easy the Patriots adjust their gameplan and wear out Indy's defene with GREAT ball control, crisp passing, and one TD after another. You obviously forgot how easy the Pats took control of the Cowboys once they took the lead in the 3rd quarter. Like I said, if the Colts score fast and easy, Brady will avoid all deep balls, and begin eating away at the clock by throwing nothing but short passes for 1st downs. He'll keep Indy's offense off the field all day long. There's no team in the NFL that does it better than the Pats. You'll see in a few weeks, then we'll see what you have to say then. Lol

Your ignorance frustrates me.

MaxV
10-26-2007, 03:44 PM

I never questioned Brady's ability to sustain long drives.

What I had a problem with is you saying that Manning scoring fast would work against the Colts.

I'm sorry, but that's a very stupid statement.

7 points is 7 points, no matter how long it took you to get it.

Further more, the quicker you score the MORE possessions you'll have and thus more chances to score.

Contr0versy
10-26-2007, 04:35 PM
I never questioned Brady's ability to sustain long drives.

What I had a problem with is you saying that Manning scoring fast would work against the Colts.

I'm sorry, but that's a very stupid statement.

7 points is 7 points, no matter how long it took you to get it.

Further more, the quicker you score the MORE possessions you'll have and thus more chances to score.It's not STUPID, you're just misunderstanding what's being said. What I'm saying is this. If the Colts come out and score fast (and easy), thus posing a threat to the Patriots early in the game, Brady will go into "protective mode." This is a series of short (5 - 7 yards), crisp passes that will: (1) eat up the clock for much of the first half (2) tire out Indy's defense (3) destroy whatever momentum the Colts had after their FIRST and FAST scoring TD. This is what the Patriots do, and they do it better than any team in the NFL. When the Cowboys had their momentum going in the 3rd quarter with the lead, what did the Patriots do? THEY DESTROYED IT. The game was never the same after that. When Jason Taylor returned Cassel's interception, and the Dolphins started gaining momentum, what did Tom Brady do? He came back in the game and DESTROYED IT. Brady was never able to do this in the past because he didn't have the weapons, but now he does, and this is what changes EVERYTHING.

Again, my point is this. . . If the Colts come out and score fast, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady will get nervous, thus causing them to go into protective mode. They won't take no chances down the field with the deep ball, or do anything out of the ordinary that could lead to mistakes or turnovers -- things that they probably would do if they were in the lead or dominating the Colts early on. But if the Colts come out and struggle a bit, I can see the Patriots relaxing, trying a few trick plays, or just getting careless with the ball. This will give the Colts their best opportunity to strike and strike hard. This is how they won the AFC championship game last year. At halftime, the Patriots got too comfortable, while the Colts began playing every down like it was their last. Manning came out gunning, while Brady came out running the ball, trying to kill the clock. There were situations when it was 3rd down and 8, and instead of passing the ball, the Patriots were running it, while Manning on the other hand was gunning it from 1st down on, giving his team that much needed momentum. By the time the Patriots knew what was going on, it was TOO LATE. Belichick isn't going to let that happen again. This is why he got Moss, Stallworth, and Welker in the first place. He didn't get them to become a competitive team, he got them specifically to match up with the Colts and beat them.

So again, this is why I said if the Colts score fast, they'll lose. The Patriots won't let what happen last year happen again. If Manning comes out gunning the ball, it's OVER.

Contr0versy
10-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Your ignorance frustrates me.Yeah, it's like that time when my "IGNORANCE" led me to say that the Browns wasted a good 1st round pick on an LT (Joe Thomas) instead of getting someone else like a RB (Preferably Adrian Peterson) or WR. I was criticized for saying I'd pick a GREAT WR and a "dcent" LT anyday over a GREAT LT and decent WR, because (and this was just my opinion) GREAT WRs/RBs impact the game more than a GREAT LT does. Everybody on here started hooting and hollering to the heavens above about how I was stupid and didn't have a clue as to what I was saying. . . BUT, 7 games into the season, I don't really see Joe Thomas impacting his team the way Braylon Edwards (a good WR with the potential to become GREAT) or Adrian Peterson (same as Edwards) are impacting their teams. So yeah, I think outside the box from time to time, but to say my NFL "opinions" are IGNORANT when they're proving otherwise really says a lot.

Contr0versy
10-26-2007, 04:54 PM
that's absolutely inane. if the colts score too quickly, the pats will do BETTER? so if the colts score 49 points in 5 minutes and the pats score 49 points in 55 minutes, somehow that means the pats won? wtf are you talking about? do you not actually see what a stupid argument that is? i mean, you're not even making the argument that the colts scoring too quickly might tire out their D faster, allowing the pats to capitalize on any offensive mistakes the colts make, which would actually be a somewhat logical argument. instead, you're arguing that a quick colts score helps BRADY. that might be the single worst argument in the history of nfldc, and i don't say that lightly.See my other post. :rolleyes:

Billingsley26
10-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, but that was the past. Is the past not the past for a reason? Every Sunday we have to revisit the past by listening to these commentators talk about what happened last year, what happened in '05, what happened in '77, blah blah blah. . . It's a new season, and the Patriots are a new and improved (not to mention far better) team than they were last year. New England has matched the Colts offensively in every category this season, from acquiring two explosive WRs in Moss and Stallworth to match Harrison and Wayne, to acquiring a dynamic slot WR to match Brandon Stokley (now Anthony Gonzalez), and we all know Benjamin Watson and Dallas Clark are pretty even. Offensively, it's as even (though I give the slight edge to the Pats) as you can get. This is something the Patriots NEVER had in previous years. It should come as no surprise that the Colts beat them twice last year. The big surprise was that the Patriots were even to keep that game close.

That's the problem. I don't think they can. The Colts are missing something on offense this season, but they're simply not as explosive as they have been in the past. This doesn't mean they're not a good team, but something is missing. I think letting go of Brandon Stokley was a HUGE mistake and will cost them in big game situations like this one, especially when teams lock down on Harrison and Wayne. Gonzalez isn't good enough to step up at this point and be the man. Manning doesn't have as many options this season as he had in the past, whereas Tom Brady has way too many. Offensively, the Colts and Patrioits have traded places this season. Brady is the new Manning and Manning is the old Brady. You'll see in a few weeks. :D

Seriously. I understand you point, and I have made too many of these arguements in the past, and I learned the bittersweet way last year. But your saying how last year was in the past and things are different?

PLEASE TELL ME HOW INDY IS FAR DIFFERENT FROM LAST YEAR? Peyton is still Peyton and he picked apart one of the best D's last week in Jacksonville. Hes been doing it all year, and he will continue to do it. Like I said,there is no one I hate more than Peyton Manning, but I respect him.

Dont ever think that Peyton Manning wont do his thing and the Colts wont do their thing. Just as I, and you, thought in last years AFCCG when it was all over, Peyton comes storming back at half time and does his thing. He is one of the smartest to ever play the game.

I dont know how or why Im saying this about Peyton, but it kills me to write it.

LonghornsLegend
10-26-2007, 06:13 PM
BUT, 7 games into the season, I don't really see Joe Thomas impacting his team the way Braylon Edwards (a good WR with the potential to become GREAT) or Adrian Peterson (same as Edwards) are impacting their teams.

Right, and surely that makes you right because you havent paid attention to the LT position, do you think Braylon would be playing this well if Anderson didnt have time to pass?? Or does that not count with you, and I guess it also doesnt count that AD has one of the best left sides of the O lines in the league...Just because you dont see them on sportscenter when your watching doesnt mean they dont impact the game...Ive rarely seen Jamal Williams on sportscenter but ill be damned if he doesnt cause one hell of an impact on their entire defense

AlexDown
10-26-2007, 07:43 PM
I want the 10 minutes of my life back spent reading this entire thread.

Dam8610
10-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah, it's like that time when my "IGNORANCE" led me to say that the Browns wasted a good 1st round pick on an LT (Joe Thomas) instead of getting someone else like a RB (Preferably Adrian Peterson) or WR. I was criticized for saying I'd pick a GREAT WR and a "dcent" LT anyday over a GREAT LT and decent WR, because (and this was just my opinion) GREAT WRs/RBs impact the game more than a GREAT LT does. Everybody on here started hooting and hollering to the heavens above about how I was stupid and didn't have a clue as to what I was saying. . . BUT, 7 games into the season, I don't really see Joe Thomas impacting his team the way Braylon Edwards (a good WR with the potential to become GREAT) or Adrian Peterson (same as Edwards) are impacting their teams. So yeah, I think outside the box from time to time, but to say my NFL "opinions" are IGNORANT when they're proving otherwise really says a lot.

I don't care about your opinions, but your ignorance of the facts simply astounds me. Look at some stats before you say things that are just plain wrong.

draftguru151
10-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah, it's like that time when my "IGNORANCE" led me to say that the Browns wasted a good 1st round pick on an LT (Joe Thomas) instead of getting someone else like a RB (Preferably Adrian Peterson) or WR. I was criticized for saying I'd pick a GREAT WR and a "dcent" LT anyday over a GREAT LT and decent WR, because (and this was just my opinion) GREAT WRs/RBs impact the game more than a GREAT LT does. Everybody on here started hooting and hollering to the heavens above about how I was stupid and didn't have a clue as to what I was saying. . . BUT, 7 games into the season, I don't really see Joe Thomas impacting his team the way Braylon Edwards (a good WR with the potential to become GREAT) or Adrian Peterson (same as Edwards) are impacting their teams. So yeah, I think outside the box from time to time, but to say my NFL "opinions" are IGNORANT when they're proving otherwise really says a lot.

Yep, it's that same ignorance.

Billingsley26
10-26-2007, 07:50 PM

Hahaha, the dry humor on this site never ceases to amaze me!

bigbluedefense
10-26-2007, 07:50 PM

DG, youre breaking one of the 10 Fan commandments. You have a player from another team in your sig.

Come on brother, I know its tough times right now in Miami, but having a sweet Zach Thomas sig never hurt anyone :)

draftguru151
10-26-2007, 07:59 PM
DG, youre breaking one of the 10 Fan commandments. You have a player from another team in your sig.

Come on brother, I know its tough times right now in Miami, but having a sweet Zach Thomas sig never hurt anyone :)

I haven't had a Dolphin sig in a while, I had a UM one before this and this one is a group thing, I'm just the only one in the group without a guy from my team, lol. I'm a Texans fan anyways. :D

And I refuse to support that sorry excuse for a NFL franchise. There is a 97% chance I've broken the other 9 commandments too.

bigbluedefense
10-26-2007, 08:01 PM
I haven't had a Dolphin sig in a while, I had a UM one before this and this one is a group thing, I'm just the only one in the group without a guy from my team, lol. I'm a Texans fan anyways. :D

And I refuse to support that sorry excuse for a NFL franchise. There is a 97% chance I've broken the other 9 commandments too.

dont worry bro, theres always light at the end of the tunnel :)

7-11
10-26-2007, 08:30 PM
See my other post. :rolleyes:

Was it Frogstomp that once said to some fool that reading his posts were so dumb that they actually pushed him down the evolutionary ladder? I feel that statement applies in this thread. Contr0versy, I'm not sure if the Joe Thomas comment or the scoring fast comment is dumber but please, try to understand topics before discussing in future, thanks.

The Legend
10-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Testaverde is gonna OWN the Colts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d803a030c&template=with-video&confirm=true

just watch...

Geo
10-27-2007, 10:36 AM

John Beck sig pic ftw

I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Ewing
10-27-2007, 10:59 AM
This is my reaction to Contr0versy's posts...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/Ewing21403/4chan/colbertfacepalm.jpg

draftguru151
10-27-2007, 11:35 AM
John Beck sig pic ftw

I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Once he starts playing I've got an idea for a sig. Until then I'll sport the 4 kings.

Jvig43
10-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Carolina will not beat the colts, no matter who is the starting QB.

Sniper
10-27-2007, 12:31 PM

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Ewing
10-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

By far the best line in any Adam Sandler movie.

Addict
10-27-2007, 06:29 PM
does the fact NE is at home this weekend while IND is away matter potentially to the results? And the location (RCA Dome, IND) for the week 9 matchup?

MaxV
10-27-2007, 07:01 PM
does the fact NE is at home this weekend while IND is away matter potentially to the results? And the location (RCA Dome, IND) for the week 9 matchup?

I don't think the location of this week games matter much to the game.

The location of the week 9 game matters very much. Indy has been MUCH better at home.

Addict
10-27-2007, 07:37 PM
I don't think the location of this week games matter much to the game.

The location of the week 9 game matters very much. Indy has been MUCH better at home.

I'm really looking forward to see how they handle the Panthers... same goes for NE, but with them playing at home I have trouble seeing the skins do much against them.

Contr0versy
10-27-2007, 08:17 PM
PLEASE TELL ME HOW INDY IS FAR DIFFERENT FROM LAST YEAR? Peyton is still Peyton and he picked apart one of the best D's last week in Jacksonville. Hes been doing it all year, and he will continue to do it. Like I said,there is no one I hate more than Peyton Manning, but I respect him. There really isnít that MUCH of a difference with Indy (though they just donít seem that explosive this year). The difference is with the Patriots. Thereís nothing that Manning and the Colts can do that Brady and the Patriots canít. . . In past years, the Coltsí aerial attack was one of a kind. No other team in the league could do what they were able to do in terms of passing the ball, but is that the case now? The Patriots are even more explosive than the Colts, and their aerial attack will set many records before the season is over.

Dont ever think that Peyton Manning wont do his thing and the Colts wont do their thing. Just as I, and you, thought in last years AFCCG when it was all over, Peyton comes storming back at half time and does his thing. He is one of the smartest to ever play the game.

I dont know how or why Im saying this about Peyton, but it kills me to write it.Yeah, your respect for Manning is obviously high, but I donít think this game is up to Manning to win. Itís gonna be up to the Coltsí secondary to beat the Patriots more so than Manning. In the game against the Jags, did you see how much separation the Jaguarsí WRs were able to get on the Coltsí secondary throughout the game? Yeah, Garrard and Gray (especially Gray) made some lousy throws, but ignoring the actual throws/completions, it was amazing to see the kind of separation the WRs were able to get. This is a serious weakness in the Colts defense. Iím convinced that they wonít be able to hang with the Patriots WRs. Like I said earlier, the Coltsí secondary will play a lot of zone coverage to defend against the deep ball, thus giving up the short routes. This is what Brady lives for. Heíll kill them all day if they play a zone coverage. Bob Sanders wonít be much of a factor in this game, as heíll be in zone all day defending against the deep ball, so the Patriots running game ďshouldĒ be on point in addition to their passing game. I see no way the Colts can win this game, but for the sake of argument, we all know anything can happen. Maybe the Colts will get lucky. But based on what Iíve seen, if these two teams played 10 games, the Pats will win at least 8 of them. The Patriots will have their number this year.

Contr0versy
10-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Right, and surely that makes you right because you havent paid attention to the LT position, do you think Braylon would be playing this well if Anderson didnt have time to pass?? Or does that not count with you, and I guess it also doesnt count that AD has one of the best left sides of the O lines in the league...Just because you dont see them on sportscenter when your watching doesnt mean they dont impact the game...Ive rarely seen Jamal Williams on sportscenter but ill be damned if he doesnt cause one hell of an impact on their entire defenseWhy are you bringing the offensive line into a discussion thatís not about them? This seems to be a reoccurring problem on this site. Iím not talking about the offensive line -- Iím talking about the LT position. I know an offensive line is CRITICAL to a football team; everyone knows that. But what Iím talking about is the LT position in comparison to the WR/RB position. When I say a GREAT WR/RB is more valuable to a team than a GREAT LT, donít add to that comment or subtract from it, just take it for what it is. What you, and several others, have done is added to that comment by bringing in the entire offensive line when no one was talking about the offensive line. Letís learn to separate the two people. . .

I still stand behind my comments that a GREAT WR/RB is more valuable than a GREAT LT. If people were given a draft package where they could draft a GREAT LT and a decent WR/RB, or a GREAT WR/RB and a decent LT, Iím convinced that the majority of people would take the second option. That would be like me bypassing a draft package of Walter Payton/Barry Sanders/Jerry Rice or Randy Moss and a ďdecentĒ LT to take Jonathan Ogden and Willis McGahee. I donít care how GREAT Ogden may be, he wonít impact a team the same way a GREAT WR/RB would. Sure, Ogden may NEVER (yeah, right!) give up a sack while my DECENT LT gives up a few, but when it comes down to those critical situations (letís say 4th and 10), and I NEED to make a big play, itís my GREAT WR/RB that will give me a better chance to make that play than my GREAT LT. Ogden can give my QB all the time in the world back there in the pocket, but if I donít have a reliable WR to go to who can make those big plays that I need, or a RB who can hit the hole and make those crazy cuts when need be, what good will all that pocket protection do (similar to what the Ravens have been going through these last couple years)? Again, this is not to say the LT position isnít important, but if I had to choose, Iím going with a GREAT WR/RB (or one who has the potential to be great) before I gamble on a LT with the potential to be great. I can live with a decent LT who will give up his fair number of sacks, blind hits, etc. But Iím not willing to skip on a WR/RB with that much potential at greatness. Barry Sanders didnít have a quality LT or offensive line for his entire career, but he still made it happen. Thatís what GREATNESS does; it finds a way.

Having said all of that, watch some airhead still come in this thread talking about, ďwell, Walter Payton needed a line to block for him to make him great, blah blah blah.Ē Again people, this isnít a discussion about an offensive line. Itís a discussion about whatís more valuable, a LT with the potential to be great, or a WR/RB with the potential to be great, and what position I, you, us, we, value more with that kind of potential.

Contr0versy
10-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Yep, it's that same ignorance.Yup, itís also the same reason their WR (Braylon Edwards) has 7 TDs already on the season. Heís on pace to get at least 12 Ė 14 TDs before the season is over if he stays healthy. I would have to say heís making a DAMN GOOD IMPACT for the Browns right now. I donít even need to address APís impact. So yeah, I stand behind my comments. The Browns couldíve gone another season or two with a decent/average LT and selected AP instead of Joe Thomas. It wouldnít have hurt them in whatsoever.

Funny that you have Peterson is your sig too. The irony of it is hilarious.

Sniper
10-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Yup, itís also the same reason their WR (Braylon Edwards) has 7 TDs already on the season. Heís on pace to get at least 12 Ė 14 TDs before the season is over if he stays healthy. I would have to say heís making a DAMN GOOD IMPACT for the Browns right now. I donít even need to address APís impact. So yeah, I stand behind my comments. The Browns couldíve gone another season or two with a decent/average LT and selected AP instead of Joe Thomas. It wouldnít have hurt them in whatsoever.

Funny that you have Peterson is your sig too. The irony of it is hilarious.

Oddly enough Braylon is having his best year when his team has a LT

Contr0versy
10-27-2007, 08:46 PM
i did. i saw you use, as an example to "prove" your point, that brady came in and led a scoring drive against miami. did you honestly think that was relevant in the least?Well, considering that I was using what he did as an illustration of how Brady can and often does kill a team’s momentum, I think it was. I noticed how you left that part out of it, though. Very clever of you.

can you remind me how many catches moss and stallworth have had in their entire career at 5-7 yards? how about how many brady's previous receivers have had in any given year? i fail to see how the current personnel group lends itself to a ball-control spread passing attack any more than any other group of receivers brady's had. unless you're going to suggest that because moss is rated X on madden and troy brown is only Y, i should be wowed.You’re revisiting the past again, talking about when has Brady ever done this, or when has Brady ever done that. So because Moss and Stallworth are deep threats, they can’t run no short routes? Is that what you’re saying? Okay, maybe I was stretching it a bit with the 5 – 7 yard passes, but all this season, Stallworth and Welker have been running short routes and turning those short passes into big yards with their ability to run and make moves after the catch. Moss has been the only one to really run deep consistently. So it’s not that far fetched.

What’s so hard to understand about that? In simplistic terms, if the Colts come out and score first on their opening drive, Brady will kill their momentum. SIMPLE! Do you understand now?

i'm also appalled that you're defending your take on the browns first round pick last year. that's the single most asinine, ridiculous thing i've ever read and one would hope, at some point, you'd stop being stubborn and admit you didn't have the faintest clue what you're talking about. sort of like in this thread.If you can convince me without a reasonable doubt that selecting Joe Thomas over Adrian Peterson was the ABSOLUTE, and most CRITICAL selection they could have made, maybe I'll see your point, but I fail to see how their pick of Thomas was a better move than drafting Peterson. . . I'm just curious to know what's so great about Thomas? :rolleyes:

Contr0versy
10-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Oddly enough Braylon is having his best year when his team has a LTBut youíre acting like Joe Thomas is doing WONDERFUL things this season. Heís not. Heís been called for a quite a few penalties that hurt his team more than it helped. Wanna know who they had to go to in those situations to get them out of that hole that Thomas put them in? Yeah, you guessed it. But Thomas is a rookie, so that's to be expected. I can only imagine how much better the Browns would be with AP instead of JT.

draftguru151
10-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Joe Thomas is doing wonderful this season. Outside of the first game he's been dominating. Yea, all those penalties, the one offsides sure is killing his team.

Geo
10-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Plus Charlie Frye was his starting quarterback in that opening game, contributing to the three sacks.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Remember the Super Bowl? Manning went down the field slowly for pretty much that whole game, only taking the big play when the D made a mistake.

Sniper
10-27-2007, 09:50 PM
But youíre acting like Joe Thomas is doing WONDERFUL things this season. Heís not. Heís been called for a quite a few penalties that hurt his team more than it helped. Wanna know who they had to go to in those situations to get them out of that hole that Thomas put them in? Yeah, you guessed it. But Thomas is a rookie, so that's to be expected. I can only imagine how much better the Browns would be with AP instead of JT.

Why is it everyone is saying Thomas is playing at a Pro Bowl level then????????

bored of education
10-29-2007, 10:37 AM

WOW!

GOOD ONE

-rep

Geo
10-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Greatest rivalry evar!

Game of the Millenium!

Rumble in the ... RCA Dome ...

I'm glad the game is in the Dome this year, as opposed to Foxboro like the last 3 years. If it's going to be a scoring battle, better in the home dome of the Colts where, in a 60-minute period, they can eventually run on anybody.

Sniper
10-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Pats by 3 TDs

Geo
10-29-2007, 10:52 AM
By haltime imo.

bored of education
10-29-2007, 10:55 AM
67-41. Pats.

Turtlepower
10-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Dwight Freeney is huge for this game. If they can pressure Brady enough, they have a chance of limiting him on offense.

Geo
10-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Any Pats fans to chime in on how many snaps Richard Seymour played against the Redskins, how effective he looked?

I don't buy that he'll be his full effective self, like we've seen in the past, this Sunday.

Jvig43
10-29-2007, 01:08 PM
no i agree, i dont think his impact was all that big sunday, and i remeber plays where i didnt see him out there at all though i could have just missed him. im pumped for this game, should be a close one. anyone know if Marvin Harrison is expected back?

Geo
10-29-2007, 01:18 PM
I would think so, but then again I didn't foresee him sitting out the game against the Panthers.

Jvig43
10-29-2007, 01:22 PM
well if i were a colts fan, id much rather have him sit out for the panthers and have him healthy for the pats game. i mean even with carolina winning for most of the first half, was their any doubt the colts wouldnt come back?

Crvena Ptica
10-29-2007, 01:26 PM
How many people will watch Pats at Colts? All time record tv auddience for the regular season games could be set. Heck, it should beat many P.O. games also. In Serbia there is a huge excitement for this game. We've been watching NFL since 2001, and this game will have huge auddience in Serbia. Dare to say bigger than any SB since 2001. Monday, and already many people in the streets, bars etc. are talking about it. My friends are making bets of Pats beating Colts by more than 10 points. Don't know what to say. Colts won't down easily. Manning ( in my eyes) has become a star in last year P.O. beating of Pats. Now he knows how to win big games, and this game is as big as it gets. And their defense improved from that game.

I will cheer for Colts, cause i don't wanna watch Pats as a home team all the way in the P.O. If the Colts win, at least it will be a intresting P.O. in AFC coming january.

MaxV
10-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Tony Ugoh and Freddy Keiaho were both out in the Carolina game as well.

I hope everyone will be available for the Pats game.

remix 6
10-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Tony Ugoh and Freddy Keiaho were both out in the Carolina game as well.

I hope everyone will be available for the Pats game.

i hope Watson is available for us and Kyle Brady to help on Freeney like Graham used to

PoopSandwich
10-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Joe Thomas is doing wonderful this season. Outside of the first game he's been dominating. Yea, all those penalties, the one offsides sure is killing his team.

First game wasn't really his fault, I was at the game and my initial reaction was "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING FRYE GET RID OF THE BALL."

I wasn't even paying attention to "Who" was giving up the sacks, because it seemed like Frye was holding onto the ball forever.

Thomas though, has been amazing, AD was my favorite player from the draft, and I will take Joe Thomas 100 out of 100 times if you make me choose between the two.

P-L
10-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Assuming Harrison, Ugoh, and Keiaho play, then I think I like the Colts in a real tight and close game.

PoopSandwich
10-29-2007, 03:15 PM
But youíre acting like Joe Thomas is doing WONDERFUL things this season. Heís not. Heís been called for a quite a few penalties that hurt his team more than it helped. Wanna know who they had to go to in those situations to get them out of that hole that Thomas put them in? Yeah, you guessed it. But Thomas is a rookie, so that's to be expected. I can only imagine how much better the Browns would be with AP instead of JT.

You haven't watched the Browns...

Billingsley26
10-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Cant wait for this game. Im most likely going to go, as I have found some tickets.

I can tell you that its going to be a challeng with your defense for sure. Bob Sanders is most likely going to determine how you guys play. Especialy the way you use him and where you put him. If you line him up in the box that takes away from your Tampa 2 D, which then leaves guys like Moss, Stallworth and Welker in either man coverage or you guys in a cover 1. However, if you dont have Sanders in the box, NE can run on you guys. Then again, you guys have great DB's who dont let anyone go deep on them. Its gonna be good.

In a way, I can see IND going the same route that NE used to go when they played IND. Ball control. Run the ball, and use small short passes to keep the clock going. But then again I think, that this is IND and PEyton Manning, who can SCORE, and SCORE plenty. I honestly think you guys are going to go right at us. Smack us right in the mouth and you guys are just going to do what you best.

Its gonna be one hell of a game. I cant wait already!!!

MaxV
10-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I acctually think that Colts should take more chances on D then normally. What I mean by that, is mix in some blitzes. Since the Colts almost never blitz, it could catch Brady off-guard.

I don't think it's wise for us to just stand back and wait for the Pats to make an error, they won't, we'll have to try to force it.

Billingsley26
10-29-2007, 03:41 PM
I acctually think that Colts should take more chances on D then normally. What I mean by that, is mix in some blitzes. Since the Colts almost never blitz, it could catch Brady off-guard.

I don't think it's wise for us to just stand back and wait for the Pats to make an error, they won't, we'll have to try to force it.

Ya thats what I was saying when I said that I have a feeling that you guys will aproach his game the same way we used to approach playing you guys. The same mentality. Weird how it goes.

yodabear
10-29-2007, 03:57 PM
U know who will win this game?

The team with the most points.

MaxV
10-29-2007, 04:01 PM

Wise words, you say.

MaxV
10-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Early Vegas line for this game:

Pats are 5.5 points favorites.

That's not very surprising considering how the Pats have played this year.

Geo
10-29-2007, 07:19 PM
The first time the Colts have been underdogs in the RCA Dome since Week 15 in the 2001 season, I heard.

The oddsmakers shouldn't have easily forgotten how well the Colts play at home, especially when it comes to running the ball.

MaxV
10-29-2007, 07:40 PM
The first time the Colts have been underdogs in the RCA Dome since Week 15 in the 2001 season, I heard.

The oddsmakers shouldn't have easily forgotten how well the Colts play at home, especially when it comes to running the ball.

I think they took it under consideration, otherwise we'd be atleast a TD underdogs.

I think the Pats are perfect against the spread this year and I'm sure Vegas has lost a ton of money because of that.

Scarface
10-29-2007, 07:40 PM
being a patriots and a colts fan this is a pretty exciting game for me. I have a half Tom Brady and Half Peyton Manning jersey.

MaxV
10-29-2007, 07:43 PM
being a patriots and a colts fan this is a pretty exciting game for me. I have a half Tom Brady and Half Peyton Manning jersey.

That's just wrong.

That's like this guy I saw recently, he was wearing a Yankee hat and a Red Sox jersey.

EDIT: ok maybe it's not THAT bad.

neko4
10-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Swarmn mormon!

neko4
10-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Swarmn mormon!
oops wrong thread

Don Vito
10-29-2007, 07:55 PM
That's just wrong.

That's like this guy I saw recently, he was wearing a Yankee hat and a Red Sox jersey.

EDIT: ok maybe it's not THAT bad.

No, it is pretty wrong. I respect Indy but I could never bring myself to be an Indy fan just like I could never bring myself to be a Yankees fan as a Sox fan. I like BC so Notre Dame is out of the question, I like the Celtics so I hate the Lakers and Pistons, and I hate Maple Leafs, Canadians, and Rangers as a Bruins fan. I don't see how it works. I am a fan of a few teams but never, never could I like two rivals.

Concerning the game, it is gonna be a good one. I actually think the Colts have the advantage seeing as it is in the RCA Dome. But these two teams seem to be on their own teir in the NFL so we are in for a barn-burner. The score-keepers in Indy are going to be busy.

remix 6
10-29-2007, 09:03 PM

isnt that EVERY game for EVERY team ? lol
i think it comes down to the defenses and TOP. Which ever team holds onto ball longer and whichever defense makes more stops/plays..will win.

normally..i would be cocky as hell and say we'll dominate but i didnt say it against Redskins because i was worried in deed..but this is another test. We havent versed a very good HC ..now we do in Dungy. We've played some very good QBs..but its Peyton and Brady and unless they play each other..you wont ever face anyone as good. Both running games work well..both teams pass to more than just guy. No doubt they have weapons on both sides.

We need to execute when given the chance..unlike Panthers who had TOP early..had stops but didnt execute. Fumble...not moving the ball much and defense eventualyl playing uninspired at the end.

My worries
-Addai
-Wayne
-Freeney
i think we'll do alright with the other players..Samuel on Harrison on the left side while i think Hobbs will struggle with Wayne. I think our safeties are in better shape now with Harrison-Sanders-Wilson(hopefully back) compared to Sanders and Hawkins last year.We need to make stops..turnovers because we cant let them run so much time on us because our D will tired like last year and then they take advantage.

Geo
10-29-2007, 09:12 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned with TOP itself. What matters is who can create scoring drives, for touchdowns instead of field goals. Also instead of TOP itself, whether an offense can wear down a defense in a half, that's a positive. That helps the running game and third down conversions.

Honestly, for as much as the Patriots have aired it out so far, I suspect the Patriots will come out tryng to pound the ball. I really think Belichick didn't want to tip his hand, and he saw what the Broncos' running game was able to do in the first half of their game in a 3-tight end power running set. Mark my words.

remix 6
10-29-2007, 09:27 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned with TOP itself. What matters is who can create scoring drives, for touchdowns instead of field goals. Also instead of TOP itself, whether an offense can wear down a defense in a half, that's a positive. That helps the running game and third down conversions.

Honestly, for as much as the Patriots have aired it out so far, I suspect the Patriots will come out tryng to pound the ball. I really think Belichick didn't want to tip his hand, and he saw what the Broncos' running game was able to do in the first half of their game in a 3-tight end power running set. Mark my words.

cant deny its gonna be an offensive game regardless how good the Ds are..both offenses are just too good. so whatever QB keeps ball more might win..unless defensive turnovers giving short fields etc but im feeling some long drives back and forth.

our gameplanning changes..so far the changes have just been where we attack mostly but we ran a good amount against Skins..early with some nice runs out of the 3 WR set. If we get Watson back it'll be huge..I hear Kyle Brady's injury is nothing and he'll play so that'll be good with his stellar blocking in run and pass..a 280lb TE ..faster than a tackle. i like it. Hopefully its a clean injury free game..i expect the better team to win. not the better QB like media will make it out to be with the whole Brady v Manning bonanza. We will see each other again so this game wont mean anything as much as the 2nd but i look forward to some hard hitting..big plays..chess match type of game