PDA

View Full Version : MaddHatter's Week 7 2 Rd Mock (Attempt 4)

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Draft order is based on projected ranking post-Super Bowl. It was acheived by personal opinion of how each team finishes.

Round 1

1.1) Miami Dolphins :: Glenn Dorsey (DT) LSU
1.2) St. Louis Rams :: Jake Long (OT) Michigan
1.3) Atlanta Falcons :: Matt Ryan (QB) Boston College
1.4) New York Jets :: Phil Loadholt (OT) Oklahoma
1.5) Buffalo Bills :: Desean Jackson (WR) California

1.6) Cincinnati Bengals :: Chris Long (DE) Virginia
1.7) Oakland Raiders :: Calais Campbell (DE) Miami
1.8) New England Patriots (v SF) :: James Laurinaitis (LB) Ohio State
1.9) New Orleans Saints :: Malcolm Jenkins (CB) Ohio State
1.10) Minnesota Vikings :: Andre Woodson (QB) Kentucky

1.11) Philadelphia Eagles :: Darren McFadden (RB) Arkansas
1.12) Dallas Cowboys (v CLE) :: Kenny Phillips (S) Miami
1.13) Denver Broncos :: Sam Baker (OT) USC
1.14) Houston Texans :: Justin King (CB) Penn State
1.15) Baltimore Ravens :: Sedrick Ellis (DT) USC

1.16) Washington Redskins :: Derrick Harvey (DE) Florida
1.17) Chicago Bears :: Brian Brohm (QB) Louisville
1.18) Arizona Cardinals :: Vernon Gholston (OLB) Ohio State
1.19) Detroit Lions :: Reggie Smith (S) Oklahoma
1.20) Tennessee Titans :: Malcolm Kelley (WR) Oklahoma

1.21) Tampa Bay Buccaneers :: Michael Oher (OT) Ole Miss
1.22) San Diego Chargers :: Gosder Cherlius (OT) Boston College
1.23) Kansas City Chiefs :: Ryan Clady (OT) Boise State
1.24) Carolina Panthers :: Filia Moala (DT) USC
1.25) Seattle Seahawks :: Tony Hills (OT) Texas

1.26) Jacksonville Jaguars :: Early Doucett (WR) LSU
1.27) New York Giants :: Mike Jenkins (CB) South Florida
1.28) Pittsburgh Steelers :: Quentin Groves (OLB) Auburn
1.29) Green Bay Packers :: Jonathan Stewart (RB) Oregon
1.30) San Francisco 49ers (v IND) :: Frank Okam (DT) Texas
1.31) Dallas Cowboys :: Aqib Talib (CB) Kansas

Round 2
2.1) Miami Dolphins :: Chris Williams (OT) Vanderbilt
2.2) St. Louis Rams :: Dre Moore (DT) Maryland
2.3) Atlanta Falcons :: Barry Richardson (OT) Clemson
2.4) New York Jets :: Ali Highsmith (OLB) LSU
2.5) Buffalo Bills :: Ray Maualauga (LB) USC

2.6) Cincinnati Bengals :: Dan Connor (LB) Penn State
2.7) Oakland Raiders :: Lawrence Jackson (DE) USC
2.8) San Francisco 49ers :: Earl Bennett (WR) Vanderbilt
2.9) New Orleans Saints :: Keith Rivers (LB) USC
2.10) Minnesota Vikings :: Heath Benedict (OT) Newberry

2.11) Philadelphia Eagles :: Limas Sweed (WR) Texas
2.12) Cleveland Browns :: Xavier Adibi (OLB) Virginia Tech
2.13) Denver Broncos :: Shawn Crable (DE) Michigan
2.14) Atlanta Falcons (v HOU) :: Adarius Bowman (WR) Oklahoma State
2.15) Baltimore Ravens :: Antoine Cason (CB) Arizona

2.16) Washington Redskins :: Keenan Burton (WR) Kentucky
2.17) Chicago Bears :: Steve Slaton (RB) West Virginia
2.18) Arizona Cardinals :: DeJuan Tribble (CB) Boston College
2.19) Detroit Lions :: Jonathan Goff (LB) Vanderbilt
2.20) Tennesse Titans :: Bruce Davis (DE) UCLA

2.21) Tampa Bay Buccaneers :: Harry Douglass (WR) Louisville
2.22) Miami Dolphins (v SD) :: Dwight Lowry (CB) San Diego State
2.23) Kansas City Chiefs :: Chevis Jackson (CB) LSU
2.24) Carolina Panthers :: Josh Barrett (S) Arizona State
2.25) Seattle Seahawks :: Felix Jones (RB) Arkansas

2.26) Jacksonville Jaguars :: Erik Ainge (QB) Tennessee
2.27) New York Giants :: Jonathan Hefney (S) Tennessee
2.28) Pittsburgh Steelers :: Philip Wheeler (LB) Georgia Tech
2.29) Green Bay Packers :: Tracy Porter (CB) Indiana
2.30) Indianapolis Colts :: DeMarrio Pressley (DT) North Carolina State
2.31) Dallas Cowboys :: D.J. Hall (WR) Alabama
2.32) New England Patriots :: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (CB) Tennessee State

Turtlepower
10-24-2007, 02:14 PM
1.12) Dallas Cowboys (v CLE) :: Darren McFadden

If that was not a homer mock than I don't know what is...

D-Unit
10-24-2007, 02:19 PM
I see a lot of confusing selections, but what the heck.. It's your mock right? ;)

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 02:20 PM
If that was not a homer mock than I don't know what is...

Uh... I hate McFadden and think he'll drop like a rock - I don't want him in Dallas but think it's inevitable for us to pick him if he falls

If I sent him to Phillly and sent Phillips to Dallas would that make you feel better?

Don Vito
10-24-2007, 02:21 PM
1.8) New England Patriots (v SF) :: James Laurinaitis (LB) Ohio State
2.32) New England Patriots :: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (CB) Tennessee State

You drafted for our two biggest needs which is great, solid mock. I think we would take a DE/OLB over a true college LB just because we like taking guys who we can start outside then move inside but I would be thrilled if we took Laurinaitis (even though the last true LB we took was a similar player to Laurinaitis who went to OSU and was a bust-Andy Katzenmoyer).

I really do not see Rodgers-Cromartie coming to NE, he is pretty small (170) and we like guys who can play the run very well and cover. Small-school guys really aren't drafted by the Pats either, but like I said, you filled our needs and I can't complain about that.

Turtlepower
10-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Uh... I hate McFadden and think he'll drop like a rock - I don't want him in Dallas but think it's inevitable for us to pick him if he falls

If I sent him to Phillly and sent Phillips to Dallas would that make you feel better?

But you can see where I got the idea from when possibly the best player in the draft falls out of the top-10 to your team.

Other than that I like some of your projections, but I would much prefer Talib over Jenkins. I've begun to move Talib up my draft board and feel he might be the #3 CB of this class behind only Malcolm Jenkins and Reggie Smith.

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 02:42 PM
But you can see where I got the idea from when possibly the best player in the draft falls out of the top-10 to your team.

Other than that I like some of your projections, but I would much prefer Talib over Jenkins. I've begun to move Talib up my draft board and feel he might be the #3 CB of this class behind only Malcolm Jenkins and Reggie Smith.

I figured I'd get heat for it but I think he's going to drop and that by the time the Draft comes around, he might not even be the 1st RB taken

Green Bay Scat
10-24-2007, 02:52 PM
u know if goff falls that far, i see Detroit running up to get their selection if for goff. hes a cover 2 mike, and although scott has him as a 6'4" 235lbs hes more of a Urlacher than Lewis(or other 3-4 ILB)

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 03:10 PM
u know if goff falls that far, i see Detroit running up to get their selection if for goff. hes a cover 2 mike, and although scott has him as a 6'4" 235lbs hes more of a Urlacher than Lewis(or other 3-4 ILB)

So you're saying they'd take Goff over Crable?

49ers169
10-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Are you kidding me with 2 receivers?!?!

The 49ers biggest problem is the O-Line and the D-Line.

Give us Okam in the 1st and then either Sweed, Bowman or Hefney in the 2nd.

But terrible draft for the 49ers right there.

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Are you kidding me with 2 receivers?!?!

The 49ers biggest problem is the O-Line and the D-Line.

Give us Okam in the 1st and then either Sweed, Bowman or Hefney in the 2nd.

But terrible draft for the 49ers right there.

Changes Made

2nd time I've done that (last time giving the Panthers 2 Safeties) - Sorry I'll do a quick fix and see what I can do - Not sure how it happened as I even took steps to prevent it... :mad:

Green Bay Scat
10-24-2007, 03:21 PM
So you're saying they'd take Goff over Crable?

crable is not a tampa 2 lber and yes, im 99.9% sure that they would take a solid Mike where they could really use him, over a possible DE that might be an Edwards clone as a DE. Dont get me wrong i gave u +rep for the mock, i just think detroit would like MLB Goff than a DE Crable

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 03:25 PM
crable is not a tampa 2 lber and yes, im 99.9% sure that they would take a solid Mike where they could really use him, over a possible DE that might be an Edwards clone as a DE. Dont get me wrong i gave u +rep for the mock, i just think detroit would like MLB Goff than a DE Crable

Thanks for the insight - don't know that much about TB honestly, so the more I do these and the more feedback I get, the better.

princefielder28
10-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Good job w/ GB

JPF
10-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Panthers front office would be ran out of town if they passed on an OT for a DT in the first round given that both the starters are FA's after this season with little chance of re-signing both, and the only other true OT on our roster being a waiver wire pick up from final cuts that hasn't even been active on gameday yet.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-24-2007, 06:06 PM
I really dont see Al Davis passing on Calais.Especially since the RDE position is much more of a need than the UT position.

Travis 24
10-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Eagles will NOT draft ANOTHER RB...come on...they don't run the ball to begin with, and they already have Westbrook.

Kenny Phillips makes so much sense..its just too simple of a pick.

thebow305
10-24-2007, 06:52 PM
not a bad mock overall... good phins picks for the most part... would rather have barrett than lowery, but it's ok.

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Eagles will NOT draft ANOTHER RB...come on...they don't run the ball to begin with, and they already have Westbrook.

Kenny Phillips makes so much sense..its just too simple of a pick.

Westbrook is 28 and plagued with injuries, bring in McFadden for a year or two to split carries and then let Westy move on and McFadden take over.

You can't deny McFadden out of the top 10 is good value

scar988
10-24-2007, 07:30 PM
1.3) Atlanta Falcons :: Matt Ryan (QB) Boston College
2.3) Atlanta Falcons :: Barry Richardson (OT) Clemson
good picks
2.14) Atlanta Falcons (v HOU) :: Adarius Bowman (WR) Oklahoma StateHORRIBLE PICK! We have ZERO need for a WR. Horn is our #4. so using him for your reasoning makes no sense. our #1 is Roddy White who is on pace for 1200 yards, our #2 is Michael Jenkins who is on pace for 600 yards, and our #3 is Laurent Robinson who is on pace for 400 yards. We will not waste a 2nd round pick on a position that we dont even need a #4 WR at.we are 4 deep at WR at minimum and that's not counting Adam Jennings. We would get a position of actual need like NT, a 2nd OT, or power RB. RB Jonathan Stewart is the pick here.

Tubby
10-24-2007, 07:36 PM
I dont think the hawks will hesitate to take Slaton/Stewart if either one falls to us in the first round

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 08:01 PM
I dont think the hawks will hesitate to take Slaton/Stewart if either one falls to us in the first round

Hard to argue with them taking a RB in the first, but I think they try and shore up their line and fine a RB in the 2nd to split carries with SA and eventually take over

Yung Flippa
10-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Give the Ravens Derrick Harvey or Quentin Groves in Round 1.
Love the 2nd round pick.

Caddy
10-24-2007, 09:36 PM
I definitely don't mind Douglas in the 2nd, but an Ainge or Brennan sure would be nice to develop under Garcia.

Wyndham
10-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Chiefs win the division and manage to grab Clady and Chevis Jackson?

I'll take it.

Jakey
10-25-2007, 07:24 AM
The Steelers definately need to adress the O-Line in one of the first two rounds, and i cant see us taking LB with the top two picks for 2 years running. I like Groves, and i wouldnt mind getting him but right now i think we've got more pressing needs. Other than that i like the mock... Good attempt. Grade B+

MaddHatter
10-25-2007, 09:37 AM
The Steelers definately need to adress the O-Line in one of the first two rounds, and i cant see us taking LB with the top two picks for 2 years running. I like Groves, and i wouldnt mind getting him but right now i think we've got more pressing needs. Other than that i like the mock... Good attempt. Grade B+

Good points - with Faneca and Starks likely gone next year, atleast 1 OLman in the first day is going to be crucial.

T-RICH49
10-25-2007, 12:15 PM
LOVE KC's draft

Crow
10-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Oakland drafting 2 DEs and passing on McFadden? What the hell...

CLong4Heisman
10-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Pretty bad Jets picks. We need a 3-4 DE, not a right tackle in the 1st round. Ali Highsmith isn't a good fit in the 3-4 and we just took David Harris.

MaddHatter
10-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Oakland drafting 2 DEs and passing on McFadden? What the hell...

Another snafu I thought I had prevented - will fix next time around

Joeyjr09
10-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Glenn Dorsey is solid to the Dolphins at number 1 overall and while I like Chris Williams, Antoine Cason is a much better prospect in my eyes and fits a bigger need for the Dolphins. We absolutely need to add a CB and Cason is far and away a better prospect then Lowery who you have us taking later. We need to draft Cason with our 1st 2nd rounder.

Then in Lowery's place, a guy like Jonathan Hefney could take over FS for us and upgrade over Cameron Worrell and Jason Allen who are both awful. We need help all over our defense and speed would be welcome so Hefney adds that and the ability to cover centerfield when Yeremiah Bell comes into the box. We can wait until the 3rd to take a OT as the OL has been our only bright spot all year now that Ronnie is done for the season.

Bills2083
10-26-2007, 02:52 PM
In the 2nd, I'd rather take Dan Connor/Keith Rivers

I'm fine with the pick of Jackson though. We desperately need another quality WR across the field from Evans.

Turtlepower
10-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Seeing that Keith Rivers is still available I would much much much rather him than Jenkins any day of the year.

MaddHatter
10-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Seeing that Keith Rivers is still available I would much much much rather him than Jenkins any day of the year.

Will keep that in mind next round- Thanks!

The OUTLAW
10-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Adibi is not a good pick for the Browns.

skinzzfan25
10-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Solid Redskins draft. I'd be happy to see if Burton fell that far :)

MaddHatter
10-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Solid Redskins draft. I'd be happy to see if Burton fell that far :)

Thanks for the feedback

KILLERSANTA
10-29-2007, 01:45 PM
I love me some Kenny.

Hurricane Ditka
10-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I think Cherilus in the first and Agnie in the second works out better for the Bears. The Bears won't be drafting a running back that early.