PDA

View Full Version : 85 on the block?

McBain
10-24-2007, 03:51 PM
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20071023/SPT02/710230301/

This is pretty much speculation but... Marvin Lewis will niether confirm nor deny the rumor....

Johnson, chased down Monday by a half-dozen reporters in the players' parking lot adjacent to Paul Brown Stadium, didn't snuff out trade talk.

"There is always truth in something," Johnson said when asked about the report.

21ST
10-24-2007, 03:53 PM
please give up our whole first day for him

please

CannedToast
10-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Seeing as they can't trade him for however many months now, the Bengals are doing a very ****** job of handling this. But, then again, perhaps pissing off one of your top players when you're 2-4 is a good way to spark a mid-season turnaround.

McBain
10-24-2007, 03:55 PM
please give up our whole first day for him

please

Since we're past the deadline.. it's not really possible... but, CJ as a skin would make me happy. 3rd and Moss for 85? Or maybe just a 2nd.... either way.

GB12
10-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Since we're past the deadline.. it's not really possible... but, CJ as a skin would make me happy. 3rd and Moss for 85? Or maybe just a 2nd.... either way.
No way you could get him for just a second round pick. The Redskins have enough highly paid recievers as it is anyway.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-24-2007, 04:12 PM
No way you could get him for just a second round pick. The Redskins have enough highly paid recievers as it is anyway.

He means 2nd rounder and Santana.

Smokey Joe
10-24-2007, 04:13 PM
CJ as a Bear would be sick.

princefielder28
10-24-2007, 04:14 PM
How about the Bengals trade Johnson to the Raiders for a bit of a reality check. He thinks he's got it bad in Cincy send him out there and it'll change his life. Granted the Raiders are not as bad as they have been but still they are not a team that is contending and it is the "Black Hole."

GB12
10-24-2007, 04:21 PM
He means 2nd rounder and Santana.
I don't think so.
3rd and Moss for 85? Or maybe just a 2nd
Unless he wrote it wrong or something he was suggesting a second rounder for Johnson.

SFbear
10-24-2007, 04:22 PM
CJ as a Bear would be sick.

Lovie wouldn't be able to handle him.

BroadwayJoe10
10-24-2007, 04:23 PM
How about the Bengals trade Johnson to the Raiders for a bit of a reality check. He thinks he's got it bad in Cincy send him out there and it'll change his life. Granted the Raiders are not as bad as they have been but still they are not a team that is contending and it is the "Black Hole."

nah nah i get what ur saying and i like the punishment, but send him to the jets. What better way to utilize his speed than having him running routes over the middle where chad will get him layed out. Plus he won't have any money to pay child support for his 4 kids with how many times mangini will fine him for whatever it is mangini fines people for haha.

princefielder28
10-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Lovie wouldn't be able to handle him.

and they wouldn't have somebody that could get him the football unless they're smart and draft someone who is capable.

jag
10-24-2007, 04:36 PM
I don't like him at all but, he's the exact thing that could save football in Jacksonville.

He'd make the Jaguars relevant to the media for the first time in years. He'd give the fans that love a show a reason to come to the games. And, he'd bolster the absolute worst position on our team.

win-win-win

But damn I hate his antics.

SFbear
10-24-2007, 04:38 PM
and they wouldn't have somebody that could get him the football unless they're smart and draft someone who is capable.

<insert snide comment about how the Bears were still able to beat the Packers at Lambeau with their incapable roster>

I agree that CJ would demand a better QB than any of the scrubs we have.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-24-2007, 04:41 PM
No way it happens, but how funny would a DeAngelo Hall for Ocho trade be?

McBain
10-24-2007, 04:54 PM

I don't think it's so unbelievable, Moss went for a 4th... obviously this is a bit of a different situation... but still... it's not so unbelievable that he could just go for a second... i'll admit it would be a stretch... but certainly not impossibility. 3rd and Santana seems the most realistic... but whatever... all the speculation means nothing since th e deadline is past.

Basileus777
10-24-2007, 05:03 PM
I don't think it's so unbelievable, Moss went for a 4th...

And Chris Chambers went for a 2nd. Javon Walker was also a second, even with his injury concerns. Deion Branch went for a first. If the Bengals can't get more than a second rounder for Chad, who is healthy and still relatively young, then they are getting robbed.

Chucky
10-24-2007, 05:05 PM
He would be great on the bucs, but i dont no if gruden would take another headache at WR

Shiver
10-24-2007, 05:22 PM
The Patriots will let Moss walk and then trade for Chad Johnson.

princefielder28
10-24-2007, 05:32 PM
<insert snide comment about how the Bears were still able to beat the Packers at Lambeau with their incapable roster>

Packers players, outside of James Jones, weren't too blame for that loss. McCarthy and Philbin got super conservative after Favre's INT and they cost GB the game

GB12
10-24-2007, 05:34 PM

Packers players, outside of James Jones, weren't too blame for that loss. McCarthy and Philbin got super conservative after Favre's INT and they cost GB the game

Do we really have to get into this again?

Hurricane Ditka
10-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Do we really have to get into this again?Yes because you lost and some Packers still make excuses.

LonghornsLegend
10-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Patriots are not out of the question, i think they let stallworth walk, keep moss and trade for CJ, then proceed to break every offensive record still standing

*shrugs*

But no I think San Francisco would be a great fit for Chad, he may need a new start...but thats assuming Alex Smith has more progression this off season, if that never happens, it would be a disaster, but i think it would be worth the try

no love
10-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Patriots are not out of the question, i think they let stallworth walk, keep moss and trade for CJ, then proceed to break every offensive record still standing

*shrugs*

But no I think San Francisco would be a great fit for Chad, he may need a new start...but thats assuming Alex Smith has more progression this off season, if that never happens, it would be a disaster, but i think it would be worth the try

I don't think the Patriots would be able to pay for Johnson, nor would they. They have a perfect thing going on with Moss, Stallworth and Welker, why fix whats not broken.

I think SF would be a good fit for Chad, because he would be the man. Nolan seems to be fine with antics so long as you work your tail off during practice. SF has taken chances on enigmatic receivers such as Antonio Bryant and we put up with Owens for years. Nolan even left open the possibility of Bryant coming back under the condition that he gets his life together first.

CC.SD
10-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Vincent Jackson + 1st rounder + the kitchen sink, just bring him here to the furnace.

LT+Gates+CJ+Chambers=undefendable? or indefensible? Take your pick.

NIN1984
10-24-2007, 06:19 PM
It could actually be kind of hard for the Bengals to trade Johnson if this turns out to be true, a lot teams with young QBs or a team on the rise might not want anything to do with a diva WR

SeanTaylorRIP
10-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Obviously they have zero need for him but imagine the Pats trading for him. Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker. That would actually be an excess. You always think you can never have enough talent at one position, but that would be too much, especially for Tom Brady.

NIN1984
10-24-2007, 06:25 PM
If Bengals do trade him I think it would be to the NFC, Cowboys do have the Browns first round pick so that could be interesting...

Seahawks and maybe the Eagles are they other teams that could show interest, IMO.

jballa838
10-24-2007, 06:35 PM
imagine the patroits with him, brady, moss, welker, and stallworth.
-faints-
EDIT: did not read 2nd page and ghetto's post 2 above me. same idea./

Scotty D
10-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Cowboys should send their late 1st rounder for him.

LonghornsLegend
10-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Umm if CJ was to go to the cowboys id want TO gone, id prefer to not have any conflict of interest, some teams can handle it, we dont really need another guy with that talent level, id rather sign Berrian next year then trade for CJ...not only that, but with the money that CJ would cost, id prefer we spent that same money on a big time cover FS, DE, or CB...i dont want major money invested in the offense when we can still score 30 points no problem but cant defend the pass...thats pointless to me, id rather shore up our defense, and our O just the way it is, is more then capable of doing what they have been doing

and the pats could still do it, its crazy, but I dont think they care...everyone will still get their stats...taht would be a sick 4 man wr core, and they would probably win 38 games consecutive if it happened

remix 6
10-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Obviously they have zero need for him but imagine the Pats trading for him. Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker. That would actually be an excess. You always think you can never have enough talent at one position, but that would be too much, especially for Tom Brady.

BB and Chad have a ton of respect for each other. When we played Bengals..Chad said in an interview "Rodney Harrison isnt playing? hm...well then I dont have a message" Tell Bill Belichick I Love Him

him and BB have a good friendship..last year there was a little joking around when Chad said something about Samuel covering him 1on1 and Bill said "We'll do that when u stop pushing off for seperation"

Chads a good guy. Doubt he'll be a Patriot because his contract/our status with our players.

thule
10-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Jerry Jones will definately be in the running for CJ. He loves entertainers.

However with how Jerry rates his draft picks...I don't think he would part with a first...but it would make for a dynamic WR corps. Keep in mind Glenn has probably seen the end after this year and that Crayton is a FA at the end of this year. With TO in the mid 30s by now there is a good chance he only has 2 or 3 years left in him. I don't see it...however it is an outside possibility.

skinzzfan25
10-24-2007, 07:16 PM
I'd hope the Skins would make a run for him. The one ball Campbell will throw perfect 9/10 times is the vertical deep ball. With CJ, that would be open all day. Also, I know for a fact that he would be welcomed on the team. He is good friends with Portis and a few other Redskins players. I even saw him at an all redskin (besides him) autograph signing in VA over the summer.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-24-2007, 07:18 PM
BB and Chad have a ton of respect for each other. When we played Bengals..Chad said in an interview "Rodney Harrison isnt playing? hm...well then I dont have a message" Tell Bill Belichick I Love Him

him and BB have a good friendship..last year there was a little joking around when Chad said something about Samuel covering him 1on1 and Bill said "We'll do that when u stop pushing off for seperation"

Chads a good guy. Doubt he'll be a Patriot because his contract/our status with our players.

I remember in the Cincy/NE game when Chad made an amazing catch, Bill actually went up to him and talked to him, presumably congratulating him on such a great catch.

Or, he said "***** if you try that **** one more time I'll slit your throat"

ATLDirtyBirds
10-24-2007, 07:26 PM
I remember in the Cincy/NE game when Chad made an amazing catch, Bill actually went up to him and talked to him, presumably congratulating him on such a great catch.

Or, he said "***** if you try that **** one more time I'll slit your throat"

The 2nd being more likely.

The Unseen
10-24-2007, 07:39 PM
If economically feasible (which may be difficult), I would do this in a heartbeat. A playmaker wide receiver is a gaping hole in the Jaguars offense (no duh).

Bills2083
10-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Bring him here to Buffalo. Evans and Chad Johnson would be amazing.

Number 10
10-24-2007, 08:20 PM
I'd say no here in New York...we seem to be better off without the "Look at me" personality.

Geo
10-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I don't know how bad exactly Johnson's two (selfish) halftime blowups were, but it feels like this whole story is getting blown out of proportion, doesn't it? Or is it just me.

I mean, really, the Bengals have much more bigger problems staring them in the face. Their scouting department has long been talked about as woefully underfunded and they don't even have an actual general manager, for crying out loud.

LonghornsLegend
10-24-2007, 09:15 PM
I don't know how bad exactly Johnson's two (selfish) halftime blowups were, but it feels like this whole story is getting blown out of proportion, doesn't it? Or is it just me.

I mean, really, the Bengals have much more bigger problems staring them in the face. Their scouting department has long been talked about as woefully underfunded and they don't even have an actual general manager, for crying out loud.

It is overblown, im not even a Bengals fan, and CJ isnt my favorite player or anything, but its crazy the Bengals can give up points the way they do, with a defensive minded head coach, and yet people find a way to point the finger at a WR on the team

Im baffled that it could even turn into that, I guess if Chad shut his mouth and never did any dances they wouldnt give up 30 points a game, smh

throwback54milkman
10-24-2007, 10:18 PM
im sure the patriots could package like a 4th round pick and a 7th for him and then make him not do TD celebrations and be the best receiver ever.....they WOULD do that

aNYtitan
10-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Hmmm...might as well throw the Titans in the mix. A first, third and future first for Ocho Cinco should be enough to have him in Titan blue, as well as maybe anyone on the defense besides Haynesworth, KVB, Bulluck, Thornton and maybe Pacman(not that the Bengals would want Pacman with all the criminal activity in Cincy)

OzTitan
10-25-2007, 01:50 AM
No way it happens, but how funny would a DeAngelo Hall for Ocho trade be?

Why no way? Doesn't seem too silly to me.

I was going to say Pacman for CJ with half seriousness :P

EdReedUnstoppable
10-25-2007, 01:59 AM
Hopefully the Ravens who lack an offensive playmaker on the outside will make a push for him should he be available this offseason.

Jughead10
10-25-2007, 08:57 AM
I don't think you can count on Henry to stay in this league much longer than two years, let alone count on him to be a #2 compliment to Housh.

IndyColtScout
10-25-2007, 09:24 AM
I don't think he goes to NE. I think CIN will want to send him to the NFC. I actually think PHI would be a great place to land, if McNabb stays. He really needs a #1. McNabb, Westbrook, CJ, Brown/Curtis, and possibly bring in a TE too. That PHI team good be really good again easy.

Jakey
10-25-2007, 11:58 AM
like, omg, he should totally come to [insert team] for [insert bizarre and inexplicable set of draft picks/players]! he'd be so good! but we'd like, totally have to [get rid of/restructure] [some of our other receivers/randy moss/TO]. talk about dominant!

there. each one of you can fill in the blanks and not feel obligated to make yet another worthless post about how he should go to your worthless, crappy team.

but this is madden, right, so who needs a scouting department. every player just has a set of rankings that come up when you hit X on them.

one the bengals side, housh has been their best WR this year without the antics. if they think henry can actually contribute someday to the team, it wouldn't shock me if they thought moving johnson for defensive help was beneficial to the team.

Thats some funny **** man... are you allways this sarcastic or do you just do it for the laugh? Either way you get props form me.

Jakey
10-25-2007, 12:03 PM
don't disagree, but then, i doubt anyone can name five times the bengals have acted logically when it comes to personnel. i'm just speculating as to why i think it's possible (although it still hardly strikes me as probable).

1- Drafting Carson Palmer
2- Releasing Corey Dillon, and kepping Rudi as the full time starter
3- Getting Ocho Cinco and TJ Shoebomber on the same team
4- Drafting Leon Hall, a 'high character' guy
5- Drafting a team of criminals and whiney b*tches... Damn i guess i cant think of five?

CC.SD
10-25-2007, 01:23 PM
5- Drafting a team of criminals and whiney b*tches... Damn i guess i cant think of five?

Ahmad Brooks? maybe?

Stash
10-25-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Lions. Matt Millen probably jizzed his pants when he heard this rumor. Roy, Furrey, McDonald, and 2 CJ's? ZOMG!!

themaninblack
10-25-2007, 06:02 PM

so funny.

i don't see why this is even being talked about, chad isn't going anywhere and he's neither a problem nor a headache to this team.

ks_perfection
10-25-2007, 06:44 PM
It would be interesting to see what they could get for him. On one hand Moss was only a 4th (no clue why it wasn't conditional), but since he panned out so well teams would realize that the value for an elite WR is higher. CJ isn't Moss, he's a great receiver but not at the same level.

Geo
10-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Ocho Cinco would have to garner, at least, an early 2nd round pick if not a mid-late 1st. He's a very good receiver in his prime, at a position where he has years of production left. The Bengals locked him to long-term extension not too long ago that wasn't too bad actually, if memory serves correct, and acquiring him by trade only makes it a better contract as the Bengals are still on the books for the guaranteed money.

But really, I don't expect Johnson to be traded. Not until the defense is fixed, at least.

Finsfan79
10-26-2007, 08:31 AM
How about Marty Booker and a 2nd rounder for him. Gives a solid WR back and a top of the 2nd round pick.

Gives Miami a future of CJ-Ginn-Hagan for top 3 WRs. That would be a nice group for Beck to worth with. I am sure 85 would love Sunny Miami.

neko4
10-26-2007, 08:44 AM
I dont think he's going anywhere
I dont see TJ as a #1, he's benefitted from Ocho taking pressure off of him
And Henry's has character concerns
Also does his last performence change anything?

Finsfan79
10-26-2007, 08:46 AM
this has already been covered.

I know but I need something to possibly look forward to as a dolphins fan right now. Besides wearing a paper bag over my head to the next home game.

bad enough we have only 7 home-games this year and lost our secondary, QB, RB, and half of our team and have turned from one of the greatest franchises in sports into the Arizona Cardinals of the East

Jakey
10-26-2007, 08:55 AM
I know but I need something to possibly look forward to as a dolphins fan right now. Besides wearing a paper bag over my head to the next home game.

bad enough we have only 7 home-games this year and lost our secondary, QB, RB, and half of our team and have turned from one of the greatest franchises in sports into the Arizona Cardinals of the East

Come on now, thats a bit harsh on the Cardinals dont you think???

Jughead10
10-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Come on now, thats a bit harsh for Cardinals fans dont you think???

I was a little shocked he considered the Dolphins one of the greatest franchises in sports in the first place. I mean, this game in London will be the first time they sold out a home game in how many years?

Finsfan79
10-26-2007, 10:36 AM
I was a little shocked he considered the Dolphins one of the greatest franchises in sports in the first place. I mean, this game in London will be the first time they sold out a home game in how many years?

They sell out pretty much every home game actually havent had a blacked out game since the mid 90s.

But they might have one last pair of season tickets next year, rather tired of cost increases and no production since Wayne took over

bored of education
10-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Jets get:
Ocho Cinco
Bengals 1st rounder 2008(now start picking proper people for the defense or dont make trade and change defense)
Trade Chade Pennington to San Fran, Carolina, Atlanta someone who needs a back up plan for a 5th rounder

Bengals get:
Vilma
Jets 1st round in 2008(draft Chris Long or Calais Campbell), 2009 2nd rounder

Jughead10
10-26-2007, 11:07 AM
They sell out pretty much every home game actually havent had a blacked out game since the mid 90s.

But they might have one last pair of season tickets next year, rather tired of cost increases and no production since Wayne took over

Thats not true. They have had games blacked out in this decade. I know you guys had a playoff game blacked out in 2000. That's just bad.

Contr0versy
10-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Chad isn't going anywhere, and if by a miracle he does, it won't be to a team that already has a #1 superstar WR. Chad needs to be #1 and wouldn't be able to coexist with any other big time WR. Chicago, however, would be a good spot for him if the Bears can get a decent QB in the offseason. Other than that, I don't see that many other options.

bored of education
10-27-2007, 05:27 PM
I just jinxed Vilma

Geo
10-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Jay Glazer just said on the Fox pre-game show that Chad Johnson wants out of Cincy, and in the last few weeks has been telling opponents to get him out and even telling a head coach to trade for him. Wow.

CC.SD
10-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Jay Glazer just said on the Fox pre-game show that Chad Johnson wants out of Cincy, and in the last few weeks has been telling opponents to get him out and even telling a head coach to trade for him. Wow.

Seriously? Yuck.

I still want AJ to get on the ball though.

Addict
10-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Seriously? Yuck.

I still want AJ to get on the ball though.

I doubt they invest even more picks & players to get Chad Johnson after already getting Chris Chambers and spending a first on Craig Davis.