PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ikegwuonu

Grave Digger
10-24-2007, 04:56 PM
What's the deal with this guy? I read somewhere the other day that he's going to court with his brother on charges of burglary? What a dope!

I keep hearing from Wisconsin fans that the reason his stats are down is because teams don't throw at him, but they're giving up 125 passing yards a game....that's not all on the #2 and 3 CBs. There seem to be problems with EVERY member of that defense, including Jack Ike.

I have my doubts that his speed is anything special either. I've read anything from 4.46 to 4.59....anyone have a definitive number? Combine character problems with a weak season and a lack of top end speed, and he doesn't look like anything more than a fringe 2nd round player. Am I correct or off base? Reminds me of Tanard Jackson who was drafted in the 4th by the Bucs.

Michigan
10-24-2007, 05:15 PM
what? (10)

Ho0k Em'
10-24-2007, 05:20 PM
since when was 125 passing yards alot??

Grave Digger
10-24-2007, 05:42 PM
since when was 125 passing yards alot??

Giving up 125 a game means they're ranked 63rd in the nation in pass defense, out of 119. That's not terrible but it's bad for Wisconsin. My point was that Badger fans claim teams just aren't throwing at Ikegwuonu but it looks like everyone on their defense isn't playing well (compared to past UW defenses).

GB12
10-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Giving up 125 a game means they're ranked 63rd in the nation in pass defense, out of 119. That's not terrible but it's bad for Wisconsin. My point was that Badger fans claim teams just aren't throwing at Ikegwuonu but it looks like everyone on their defense isn't playing well (compared to past UW defenses).
125 passing yards a game is great. I'm not sure where you're getting your stats, but they are definitely wrong. It also shows that you clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you think giving up 125 yards is bad.

B-Dawk
10-24-2007, 06:12 PM
i see that they are giving up 200 a game passing, ranked 40th

Grave Digger
10-24-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm getting my numbers right from the NCAA website. It was updated on 10/20/07 so these numbers are up-to-date. If the NCAA website is wrong then someone needs to tell them. My guess is that they're more right than ESPN.com.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/ranking_summary/2007000000796.HTML

Considering the 119th ranked team gives up 166 a game, 125 ain't as good as you think. It's middle of the road at best. Maybe compared to the NFL it's awesome, but it's not the NFL I know what I'm talking about moron. I said it WASN'T terrible but compared to past Wisconsin defenses it's not good. The fact is, Wisconsin has faced 2 good passing offenses this year and has been shredded both times.

Michigan
10-24-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm getting my numbers right from the NCAA website. It was updated on 10/20/07 so these numbers are up-to-date. If the NCAA website is wrong then someone needs to tell them. My guess is that they're more right than ESPN.com.

Considering the 119th ranked team gives up 166 a game, 125 ain't as good as you think. It's middle of the road at best. Maybe compared to the NFL it's awesome, but it's not the NFL I know what I'm talking about moron. I said it WASN'T terrible but compared to past Wisconsin defenses it's not good. The fact is, Wisconsin has faced 2 good passing offenses this year and has been shredded both times.

wow. i don't know what else to say besides neg rep.

GB12
10-24-2007, 07:17 PM

125 "ain't" as bad as you think. In fact it's pretty damn good. 125 is pretty much unheard of. By you not realizing that you've shown me that you know nothing and your opinion should not be taken seriously. Don't call me a moron as you are the one lacking in smarts, and no you don't know what you're talking about. Infact the stat you were looking at isn't even passing yards per game it's Pass Efficiancy Defense you "moron". I'm not even arguing that the Wisconsin pass defense is great because it has been a big dissapointment. However you started a thread with no apparent meaning except to perhaps bash Ikegwuonu. If you don't know enough about football to know what's an ok number of passing yards against I certainly don't care about your opinion on a prospect.

wiscbadgerfootball
10-24-2007, 07:34 PM
honestly I would say teams have really avoided him.. Langford is the one constantly giving up big plays

Grave Digger
10-24-2007, 07:44 PM
125 "ain't" as bad as you think. In fact it's pretty damn good. 125 is pretty much unheard of. By you not realizing that you've shown me that you know nothing and your opinion should not be taken seriously. Don't call me a moron as you are the one lacking in smarts, and no you don't know what you're talking about. Infact the stat you were looking at isn't even passing yards per game it's Pass Efficiancy Defense you "moron". I'm not even arguing that the Wisconsin pass defense is great because it has been a big dissapointment. However you started a thread with no apparent meaning except to perhaps bash Ikegwuonu. If you don't know enough about football to know what's an ok number of passing yards against I certainly don't care about your opinion on a prospect.

Pass efficiency defense takes not only their yardage, but pass completion percentages, both INT total and percentage of INTs thrown, TD total and rate, yards per attempt and yards per completion into account to then give an overall rating. Thanks bud, I knew I what I was talking about.

I couldn't give a crap what you think of my opinions. If you think I do, go ahead and believe that. The main page is good but these forums are terrible. No one here actually wants to talk about prospects but rather bash other posters to make themselves feel like men. I wasn't bashing Ikegwuonu, I wanted to talk about him. Instead, you all decided to be jerks and attack based on a misreading of a stat. Let it go and talk about the real topic...I guess that's not possible. Close the thread or do whatever I don't care. At the beginning and end of the day, I'll have a life and you'll still be posting 10 times a day on an internet forum. Sorry man, it must stink to be you.

GB12
10-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Pass efficiency defense takes not only their yardage, but pass completion percentages, both INT total and percentage of INTs thrown, TD total and rate, yards per attempt and yards per completion into account to then give an overall rating. Thanks bud, I knew I what I was talking about.

I couldn't give a crap what you think of my opinions. If you think I do, go ahead and believe that. The main page is good but these forums are terrible. No one here actually wants to talk about prospects but rather bash other posters to make themselves feel like men. I wasn't bashing Ikegwuonu, I wanted to talk about him. Instead, you all decided to be jerks and attack based on a misreading of a stat. Let it go and talk about the real topic...I guess that's not possible. Close the thread or do whatever I don't care. At the beginning and end of the day, I'll have a life and you'll still be posting 10 times a day on an internet forum. Sorry man, it must stink to be you.
Sorry bud, but you didn't.
but they're giving up 125 passing yards a game. since when was 125 passing yards alot??Giving up 125 a game means they're ranked 63rd in the nation in pass defense, out of 119.
Sounds alot like you meant what you said. Nice try to cover your ass by copying the definition of pass efficiency defense straight from a website so you could say "Thanks bud, I knew I what I was talking about." eventhough you don't. First off no one was really sure of the topic to begin with so it's kind of hard to get back on track. You never asked a question or even made a statement, you just pointed out all the negatives. Second I like how it said it must stink to be me since I'm posting on an internet forum when you are infact posting on the very same one.

Grave Digger
10-24-2007, 08:43 PM
238 times in a year and half versus 7000+ in almost 2 years. Either way, doesn't matter. Believe whatever you want to believe, you're entitled to your opinion. I misread the stat and I believed what I was saying. I now know I was wrong and I apologize for calling you a moron.

I thought I made the topic clear enough but obviously not. I thought the question, "Am I correct [my thoughts on him being a 2nd round player] or am I off base?" was the topic but I guess I should have made that more clear. Don't worry, I won't be back because I never really get any answers here, just criticism and argument. Thanks for your help.

Unbiased
10-25-2007, 12:05 PM
honestly I would say teams have really avoided him.. Langford is the one constantly giving up big plays

That is what I have found as well. And regarding his speed, I think he is around a 4.35. I think Casillas runs a 4.38 and is said to be the 2nd fastest player on the team only to Ike.

energizerbunny
10-25-2007, 04:52 PM
whats the point of spitting out college 40 times anywaY? 90% of them are bogus anyway.... wait til the combine when he comes out as a senior in 09'

badgerbacker
10-25-2007, 05:03 PM
I don't think he will run that at the combine, but I know that when Wisconsin timed their players Casillas ran a 4.38 and was the 2nd fastest behind Ikegwuonu.

As to questioning how he is playing this year, as someone who has watched every play of every Badger game, Ikegwuonu is playing very well. I can only think of one big passing play that has been completed against him this year and he had very good coverage at the time. It was simply a great catch by the receiver. Nearly all of the plays being made through the air are made against Allan Langford on the other side or against Aaron Henry, who is a freshman. A couple games have gone by with the opposing team not throwing to Ike the entire game. The few times that he gives up a completion, it typically comes underneath when he is playing off. Even in those cases, he has shown good ability to come up and make a tackle.

Ikegwuonu has missed some time due to minor injuries during games and most of one game due to sickness and our pass coverage takes a BIG step down when he leaves the field.

Unbiased
10-26-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't think he will run that at the combine, but I know that when Wisconsin timed their players Casillas ran a 4.38 and was the 2nd fastest behind Ikegwuonu.

As to questioning how he is playing this year, as someone who has watched every play of every Badger game, Ikegwuonu is playing very well. I can only think of one big passing play that has been completed against him this year and he had very good coverage at the time. It was simply a great catch by the receiver. Nearly all of the plays being made through the air are made against Allan Langford on the other side or against Aaron Henry, who is a freshman. A couple games have gone by with the opposing team not throwing to Ike the entire game. The few times that he gives up a completion, it typically comes underneath when he is playing off. Even in those cases, he has shown good ability to come up and make a tackle.

Ikegwuonu has missed some time due to minor injuries during games and most of one game due to sickness and our pass coverage takes a BIG step down when he leaves the field.

Langford has been very bad. Although he probably gets thrown to about 75% of the time. I still think Ike is the best corner in the Big 10. He's not having a complete season playing time-wise and that will probably affect his draft stock.

Sniper
10-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Langford has been very bad. Although he probably gets thrown to about 75% of the time. I still think Ike is the best corner in the Big 10. He's not having a complete season playing time-wise and that will probably affect his draft stock.

Big 10 CB Rankings

1. Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State
2. Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin
3. Justin King, Penn State
4. Tracy Porter, Indiana
5. Donovan Warren, Michigan

Unbiased
10-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Big 10 CB Rankings

1. Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin
2. Malcom Jenkins, Ohio State
4. Tracy Porter, Indiana
5. Vontae Davis, Illinois

My top 5

Sniper
10-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Big 10 CB Rankings

1. Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin
2. Malcom Jenkins, Ohio State
4. Tracy Porter, Indiana
5. Vontae Davis, Illinois

My top 5

Eh...I had Ike at #1 pre-season, but Jenkins has played really well. Ike? Not so much. I had Davis in my top 5 but Manningham just absolutely made him his personal ***** last game, and Warren's been really good for us (save the Illini first TD last game). You could flip flop Davis and Dono though, which you did and it's all good.

wiscbadgerfootball
10-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Ike has been playing very well.. idk where you are getting your evidence from.

Sniper
10-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Ike has been playing very well.. idk where you are getting your evidence from.

After I watched the WSU game....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0710/cfb.most.disappointing.players/content.9.html

wiscbadgerfootball
10-26-2007, 01:18 PM
well when I watched that game all I saw from him was giving up one big play on which he had great coverage and the receiver made a great catch, other than that he was solid the whole game

BerninWI
10-26-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm a Badger fan, but I even concur with Sniper. Ikegwuonu hasn't been the dominant force he was in 2006. He was suffocating and there wasn't even one significant gainer at his expense last year. This year he's allowed a few plays longer than his longest last year. But he has started to return to form the last few weeks. I think there was/is a tremendous amount on his mind with the charges. He's been in and out of half the games with sickness/minor injury/cramps, etc. This week will be a stiff test against Hardy. Last year he only allowed one catch for 8 yards. This year he hasn't had the luxury of being able to press because our coaches don't trust the awful safeties, and they refuse to make a change. I don't know how one can't acknowledge that Jenkins has been the superior player in '07. However, Ike's definitely been better than Justin King.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Eh...I had Ike at #1 pre-season, but Jenkins has played really well. Ike? Not so much. I had Davis in my top 5 but Manningham just absolutely made him his personal ***** last game, and Warren's been really good for us (save the Illini first TD last game). You could flip flop Davis and Dono though, which you did and it's all good.

Manningham was pissing on Hicks most of the game - not Vontae.

Last week was Vontae's worst game of his collegiate career and has been a shutdown corner since he arrived on campus basically.

Sniper
10-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Manningham was pissing on Hicks most of the game - not Vontae.

Last week was Vontae's worst game of his collegiate career and has been a shutdown corner since he arrived on campus basically.

I could have sworn I heard Vontae numerous times. I know for a fact he got his P.I against Manningham because he couldn't keep up with him. Vontae is really good though. Lots of good CBs in the Grande Once

BerninWI
10-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Ikegwuonu owned James Hardy again holding him to 4 catches for 17 yards. The longest catch of a whole 8 yards was actually during garbage time against a prevent defense. I think Manningham will have his hands full the way Ikegwuonu is finishing. He's smothering players again.

Sniper
10-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Ikegwuonu owned James Hardy again holding him to 4 catches for 17 yards. The longest catch of a whole 8 yards was actually during garbage time against a prevent defense. I think Manningham will have his hands full the way Ikegwuonu is finishing. He's smothering players again.

Fine, we'll just throw to our best all-around receiver then

BerninWI
10-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Fine, we'll just throw to our best all-around receiver then

Indeed, I'd throw away from Ike if I was Henne too. Langford has been terrible at times this year....gives too much cushion. However, freshman CB Aaron Henry is freshman all frosh team worthy. Excellent coverage ability and makes plays on D. Jamar Fletcher clone.

Michigan has been the better team this season, but Wisconsin's at Camp, and I think it's a favorable matchup. It should be an excellent game.

BadgerMike
10-27-2007, 03:44 PM
What bad timing for this post dude ( original poster). I hope you were watching today and your assumptions were answered.

Sniper
10-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Indeed, I'd throw away from Ike if I was Henne too. Langford has been terrible at times this year....gives too much cushion. However, freshman CB Aaron Henry is freshman all frosh team worthy. Excellent coverage ability and makes plays on D. Jamar Fletcher clone.

Michigan has been the better team this season, but Wisconsin's at Camp, and I think it's a favorable matchup. It should be an excellent game.

Meh, Manningham's played extremely well lately, so he shouldn't be afraid of any corner. Langford is just brutal

keylime_5
10-27-2007, 05:35 PM

Should be interesting next week when OSU and Wisky play in Columbus. Malcolm Jenkins and Jack Ikegwuonu in the same game - probably gonna be the first two corners taken next April. I think Ikegwuonu has a much steeper task though in covering Robiskie or Hartline. Jenkins would have to cover Hubbard or just play safety in a zone, so we probably won't see Jenkins get burned at all this year :P.

GB12
10-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Should be interesting next week when OSU and Wisky play in Columbus. Malcolm Jenkins and Jack Ikegwuonu in the same game - probably gonna be the first two corners taken next April. I think Ikegwuonu has a much steeper task though in covering Robiskie or Hartline. Jenkins would have to cover Hubbard or just play safety in a zone, so we probably won't see Jenkins get burned at all this year :P.
Hubbard's not even back yet. He'll have Kyle Jefferson to cover.

SuperKevin
10-27-2007, 05:54 PM
I like to call him "Sticky Ikie" because I can't pronounce his name

keylime_5
10-27-2007, 05:55 PM
So no Swan, no Hubbard, what the crap? Jefferson the only other guy they got I ever heard of only b/c he went to Glenville. Washington and Coleman will probably cover the WRs with Jenkins and Coleman playing the middle of the field (aka Travis Beckum).

wiscbadgerfootball
10-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Hubbard's not even back yet. He'll have Kyle Jefferson to cover.

huh? Hubbard played today

wiscbadgerfootball
10-27-2007, 06:06 PM
I like to call him "Sticky Ikie" because I can't pronounce his name

Ike-ih-gwah-new

GB12
10-27-2007, 06:11 PM
huh? Hubbard played today
Oh, good, I didn't get to see the game. I thought he wasn't supposed to be back until Michigan.

SuperKevin
10-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Ike-ih-gwah-new

I like Sticky Ikie better

GB12
10-27-2007, 06:39 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/2/1449922_af0bf195c6.jpg

BerninWI
10-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Is the worst prospect ratings you've ever seen?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009CB.php

1. Justin King
2. Malcolm Jenkins
17. Allen Langford
26. Jack Ikegwuonu...projected round: 5-6

CARDIAC CAT 7
10-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Allen Langford is a decent corner he makes as many plays as he gives up, but I think the main issue for Wisconsin is they have young safties that are still developing. As for Jack Ike, if the NFL thinks Scott Starks was 3rd Round Pick, LOCK Jack in the TOP 15.

wiscbadgerfootball
10-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Langford is terrible.. I'm sorry, but yeah I agree the inexperience of Shane Carter and Aubrey Pleasant also plays a big role

Unbiased
10-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Is the worst prospect ratings you've ever seen?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009CB.php

1. Justin King
2. Malcolm Jenkins
17. Allen Langford
26. Jack Ikegwuonu...projected round: 5-6

That writer must be a PSU homer. Sure, Lydell Sargeant isn't bad, but one of the best kept secrets in college football? Not so sure.

MikeIsGood
10-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Badger fans, Hubbard was back not only for the Indiana game, but also for part of the Northern game. He had 1/14 against NIU and 1/30 against Indiana this past weekend.

In the recently released Rivals Power Rankings, James Hardy held his position as the #7 WR. The comment was that he was held without a touchdown for the first time this year. I wonder why that is? The answer is Jack Ikegwuonu, who FELL OUT of the CB rankings :rolleyes: