PDA

View Full Version : Pats not in the superbowl???

Jakey
10-25-2007, 06:13 AM
Which team has the best chance of pulling a massive upset and knocking the pats out of the playoffs this year??? I know its abit early, but most sports writers have pretty much gave them the superbowl trophy allready, but they might not even get there! :eek:

Sveen
10-25-2007, 06:21 AM
Right now I can only see one team with a fair chance, the Indianapolis Colts.

PoopSandwich
10-25-2007, 06:53 AM
LOL...

I had to vote Browns just because it was an option in a super-bowl poll, it may never happen again.

Jakey
10-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Right now I can only see one team with a fair chance, the Indianapolis Colts.

I think the Colts match up quite badly against the pats... The pats offence is just too powerfull for the colts secondary (bar Bob Sanders), and i think if Moroney is back to full strength the Colts wont be able to stop them using their 'Tampa 2' Defence. On the other hand, i think the Ravens or Steelers match up better against the pats, because thier defence is designed to confuse and fluster the Quaterback... and if they can stop Tom Brady, they can stop the pats'.

Paul
10-25-2007, 07:59 AM
I like the Steelers better in the match up. Though the colts would just be a half inch behind. To me the Stills commitment to the run, LaBeau's defense, and the fact the they have some nice offensive weapons themselves with Parker, Holmes, Ward and Miller, makes me believe they have the ability and talent to go stride for stride with the Pats. Plus it would be the #1 offense vs the #1 defense, who doesn't want to see that.

The Dynasty
10-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Buffalo Bills in the Ralph!. lol.

Addict
10-25-2007, 10:25 AM
As of now I'm not sure anyone can stop them, but if I gotta decide it's the Colts.

no love
10-25-2007, 10:48 AM
I gotta say I think it's going to be the steelers if anyone. They might be the only team capable of bringing enough pressure and mixing things up enough to really make Brady make some poor decisions. Brady will pick apart the cover-2 with an excellent slot wr and te in the deep middle seams, it is just too easy for him to read.

On offense, the Steelers can run the ball on almost anyone with Willie Parker. Ben Rothlisberger is much better at evading pressure than Peyton, I don't know how many times I have seen this guy shed a tackle to prevent a sack and make a big play.

Ewing
10-25-2007, 11:20 AM
A pissed off Vince Young still upset about last year's week seventeen lost that knocked the Titans out of the playoffs is the only man who can stop the Pats. Vince is at his best when he's upset about something. Just look at the Rose Bowl and last year's game in Houston.

CannedToast
10-25-2007, 11:51 AM
it's pretty clear denver will win just enough to get into the playoffs and then beat new england yet again.

but seriously, do we need this poll AFTER SIX GAMES?

Not only do we need it right now, but I would argue we needed this 6 weeks ago. I'm a big fan of just saying we have the Superbowl in the 2nd week, and we just choose the two teams that look the best in the first week.

You know, get it over with.

BrownsTown
10-25-2007, 12:40 PM
A pissed off Vince Young still upset about last year's week seventeen lost that knocked the Titans out of the playoffs is the only man who can stop the Pats. Vince is at his best when he's upset about something. Just look at the Rose Bowl and last year's game in Houston.

This must be a joke. The Titans aren't even close to the Pats.

The Colts beat them last year, so that gives them confidence. The Pats will be all that is talked about in the matchup (and we all know that's what it's gonna be) and the Colts will come in with a chip on their shoulder and knock 'em off. I'm calling it now.

yodabear
10-25-2007, 12:42 PM
I've got the St. Louis Rams, u know why? I poisoned Robert Kraft and he is about to trade franchises with the Rams.

Scarface
10-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Im picking the dolphins because cleo lemon is the biggest sleeper quarterback. He is also the number 1 screen passer in the league.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
10-25-2007, 02:33 PM
i went Chargers because i think the team will get things on track by playoffs and probably have the personell capable of beating NE, if there is someone who can do it. NE beat them last year in the playoffs, so this year they can return the favor.

'no one' isn't an option....

HoopsDemon12
10-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Buffalo Bills in the Ralph!. lol.

If that happens the amount of homerism oosing out of me would be so great... i would prolly get banned by the end of it lol

ks_perfection
10-25-2007, 06:41 PM
The problem with the Steelers is they've had alot of problems with the Pats even at home in the playoffs. Given that the Pats are much better and likely will be at home I don't see that changing.

I voted Indy, but I don't call that a massive upset. For one of those I'd say say Denever, simply because of last time they played (SD has a better chance, but I wouldn't call it massive either)

ninerfan
10-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Other - Act of God

Turtlepower
10-25-2007, 06:51 PM
The Giants are going to win the Super Bowl, so it doesn't matter who the Pats lose to. =D

7-11
10-25-2007, 07:35 PM
I like the Steelers better in the match up. Though the colts would just be a half inch behind. To me the Stills commitment to the run, LaBeau's defense, and the fact the they have some nice offensive weapons themselves with Parker, Holmes, Ward and Miller, makes me believe they have the ability and talent to go stride for stride with the Pats. Plus it would be the #1 offense vs the #1 defense, who doesn't want to see that.

I actually like the matchup the Colts have (massively homerish i know but still). So far the Pats are showing they are a major pass first offense, often going vertically, challenging defenses to run with Moss and Stallworth. The cover 2, being a bend not break defense, is designed to negate this big play. Admittedly i don't like the match of Stallworth and Moss deep in 1 on 1 deep coverage with our safeties but i feel if Hayden and Jackson can be physical on those 2 we might have a chance to slow them down. Combine this with the fact that the Colts will consistently drop 7 into coverage as they can get consistent pressure from their front 4 (something not one other team that the Pats have played have been able to do) and i really feel they can slow that offense down just enough for Peyton to methodically run the clock and win in somewhat of a shootout.

Admittedly this is best case scenario as the Pats are a top side, but whatever happens i think we can guarantee a shithot game.

JF4
10-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Colts
Steelers
Chargers

In that order. All of those teams have great playmakers on both sides of the ball and have experience playing NE.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-25-2007, 10:34 PM
I have said all along I believe the Colts to be the best team in the NFL, and I still do, I can't wait for that game.

Ewing
10-25-2007, 11:24 PM
This must be a joke. The Titans aren't even close to the Pats.

I do recall people saying the Titans were the worst team in the league during the offseason. Along with them having no chance of winning more than three games last year. They're always being underestimed. When Vince is ticked off he plays better than just about anybody in the league. The Colts have a chance of beating the Pats but I could really see Vince and the Titans upsetting the Pats in the playoffs.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Who cares about the Superbowl right now. There is so much of the regular season to be played.

7-11
10-25-2007, 11:40 PM
When Vince is ticked off he plays better than just about anybody in the league.

I beg to differ. I'd take a happy Peyton Manning over this wonderous, mythical, ticked off Vince Young

BrownsTown
10-26-2007, 12:30 AM
I do recall people saying the Titans were the worst team in the league during the offseason. Along with them having no chance of winning more than three games last year. They're always being underestimed. When Vince is ticked off he plays better than just about anybody in the league. The Colts have a chance of beating the Pats but I could really see Vince and the Titans upsetting the Pats in the playoffs.

Ok, so they aren't the worst team in the league. If you didn't notice, they beat an okay Texans team WITHOUT Vince Young this past week. Maybe it's just time to say that they're a decent team and not that they'll beat whoever they face if they really try, just because they have VY. They aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Patriots.

Can a ticked off VY play defense? I mean, he can mount a comeback if they're close, but they wouldn't be.