PDA

View Full Version : Totally speculative mock

D-Rod
10-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Because I can.

Hall traded for a late 1st round pick. Similar value to Abraham, great player at a premium position, but clearly wants out.

Vilma acquired from the Jets for our high 2nd. Also a great player, also wants out, but doesn't really fit Jets 3-4 anyway, and MLB is not quite such a premium position.

We draft 4th overall. McFadden is there, because the Rams, Dolphins and Bills all have franchise RBs. The Cowboys have the 8th pick, thanks to Cleveland, and trade with us, adding their late 1st.

8th overall: our franchise QB: right now, I'm going Brohm.

late 1st (for Hall): our franchise LT: Gosder Cherilus or Ryan Clady

late 1st (from Dallas): replacement CB: Mike Jenkins or Justin King

2nd (from Houston): our second bookend: Michael Oher (or C.Williams/Richardson)

3rd: our solid power back: Tanard Choice.

Obviously purely speculative. But wouldn't that be strong... give them one year to settle in, add a couple of FA's (one OG, one S), and we'd be pretty good.

DraftMichaelHuff
10-25-2007, 08:33 AM
If we could get Vilma for a 2nd, the Jets need to get their brains examined. I dont want to trade Hall

D-Rod
10-25-2007, 09:21 AM
If we could get Vilma for a 2nd, the Jets need to get their brains examined. I dont want to trade Hall

Oh, I'd agree on both counts. But it looks like Mangini is indeed forcing him out - to be fair, he's actually been pretty average in the 3-4; he's a prototypical 4-3 Mike - and Hall appears to be forcing himself out. We're getting a first in return for losing him a year early.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Unless Trent Edwards flops on the road in these next two starts against the jets and Dolphins, there's no way the Bills pick before the Falcons

Shiver
10-25-2007, 03:29 PM
The only teams I can see having worse records are the Dolphins, and maybe the Rams. That being said I like the moves.

BamaFalcon59
10-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Relies too much on trades IMO. Which I never like to rely on in mocks.

falconsrule
10-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Hopefully Hall & Petrino can get on the same page because if we lose Hall that will leave a huge hole on the left side and I doubt if we would be able to replace Hall anytime soon.

oldLibid21
10-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Tanard Choice?

D-Rod
10-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Relies too much on trades IMO. Which I never like to rely on in mocks.

Did I not say "totally speculative mock"?

BamaFalcon59
10-26-2007, 11:24 PM
You did, I just don't like totally speculative mocks.

DraftMichaelHuff
10-27-2007, 10:53 AM
You did, I just don't like totally speculative mocks.

Well the title of the thread was there for all to see. If you dont like totally speculative mocks and the thread title is "totally speculative mock", perhaps you shouldnt read the thread at all, seeing as you are not going to like it anyway.

Then you chose to voice your displeasure with the aforementioned mock, based soley on a fact that is, and always was, glaringly clear from the outset as it could be ascertained simply by reading the title. I dont get it

BamaFalcon59
10-27-2007, 04:38 PM
I don't need to explain myself for commenting as I don't see how it is a big deal, but I will anyways. I was adding that I didn't like the mock, because the odds of such trades happening is astronomical. A totally speculative mock can have 10 trade downs in the first round, therefor leaving a team with 10 third round picks. Which sounds perfectly fine but it just isn't likely. More extravegant (sp), but the same concept.

D-Rod
10-29-2007, 05:35 AM
No worries. Not a big deal in the slightest.