PDA

View Full Version : John Beck named the starter after the bye

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 08:24 PM
The Dolphins have declared John Beck the starting QB after the bye week. He better do well or people will be pissed

Geo
10-25-2007, 08:27 PM
That's interesting that they would announce this now, but definitely the right move by the Dolphins. Not that Cleo Lemon can't play, he absolutely can, but this disappointing season for the Dolphins provides a great opportunity for promising rookie John Beck to gain invaluable experience.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Thats awesome

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I look forward to the season's 1st matchup between rookie QBs when Buffalo travels to Miami in 2 weeks

thebow305
10-26-2007, 12:54 AM
i love it!

Joeyjr09
10-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Any link to this? I know it was talked about in the media but I haven't heard anything offcial from the Dolphins and I can't find an article on it anywhere. There's just speculation as far as I know. Not an offcial announcement. Who knows what they will ultimately decide to do.

SuperKevin
10-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Any link to this? I know it was talked about in the media but I haven't heard anything offcial from the Dolphins and I can't find an article on it anywhere. There's just speculation as far as I know. Not an offcial announcement. Who knows what they will ultimately decide to do.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-dolphinsbeck102507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

It is speculation as of now but it will happen. I guarentee it.

Joeyjr09
10-26-2007, 08:13 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-dolphinsbeck102507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

It is speculation as of now but it will happen. I guarentee it.

I guaranteed the Dolphins would draft Brady Quinn at number 9 overall. Look how that turned out. I'm hope they have enough common sense to play Beck after the bye but Im not holding my breath until I hear Cameron annouce it himself.

Scarface
10-26-2007, 04:27 PM
i think that it is a horrible move on our part. Cleo Lemon hasnt played bad and has confused people with his leg assault offense. Our season isnt over yet and i think that Cleo Lemon can save it. I am a true fan and i believe that the dolphins will still make the wild card.

toonsterwu
10-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Smart move on their part. They need to see what Beck offers at some point, and they give themselves 2 weeks to prepare for it. It's not so early in the year anymore that the veterans may rebel that much, and it's not so late that you can't get a good gauge of Beck off of it. Although that said, without Ronnie Brown to help Beck out and Chambers gone, he's not coming in with a lot of weapons around him.

bearsfan_51
10-26-2007, 06:00 PM
i think that it is a horrible move on our part. Cleo Lemon hasnt played bad and has confused people with his leg assault offense. Our season isnt over yet and i think that Cleo Lemon can save it. I am a true fan and i believe that the dolphins will still make the wild card.
How exactly is your season not over? I'm not trying to be mean but Rutgers has as a strong of a shot at the NFL playoffs as the Dolphins do. You think the Dolphins will win 9 games in a row? Seriously? I mean......seriously!?!

scottyboy
10-26-2007, 06:02 PM
How exactly is your season not over? I'm not trying to be mean but Rutgers has as a strong of a shot at the NFL playoffs as the Dolphins do. You think the Dolphins will win 9 games in a row? Seriously? I mean......seriously!?!

you know, i was gonna come here and say it's good he doesnt face the best pass rush in the league his first game(giants in london), but then saw this. Out of all the college teams, bf51 chooses my Rutgers. hmm i love you bf51, you closet RU fan you

Joeyjr09
10-27-2007, 01:34 AM

If you where a true fan you'd be praying we get the number one overall pick. Cause right now getting higher draft picks will eventually get us closer to winning football games then Cleo Lemon will.

Finsfan79
10-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Smart move on their part. They need to see what Beck offers at some point, and they give themselves 2 weeks to prepare for it. It's not so early in the year anymore that the veterans may rebel that much, and it's not so late that you can't get a good gauge of Beck off of it. Although that said, without Ronnie Brown to help Beck out and Chambers gone, he's not coming in with a lot of weapons around him.

agreed

interesting part is him and ginn were on the 2nd team and 3rd teams together before for a while I wonder if they have chemistry already at all.

brat316
10-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Finally they starting Beck, your season already gone might as well start ur #9 overall KR/PR and 2nd round qb.

PoopSandwich
11-01-2007, 01:51 PM
For Cam Cameron's sake Beck better light it up.

Bills2083
11-01-2007, 07:39 PM

There's no way that any team in the AFC will make it into the playoffs with an 8-8 record.

thebow305
11-02-2007, 12:37 AM
John Beck will be the next Drew Brees.... Mark it down!

Joeyjr09
11-02-2007, 04:50 PM

I hope not. Brees has a really, really bad QB for 3 years in the league and didn't start playing well until they drafted another 1st round QB. If we have to wait 4 years for Beck to start playing well, he'll be 30 already and we will have to start thinking about drafting for the future again. He needs to come in and light it up within the next 2 years. If in 2 years he isn't panning out, he'll be gone. The team isn't gonan wait til he's 30 to see if he can be a good QB. Part of the reason they drafted him is because they felt he'd be ready to go sooner then the other QBs in the draft.

brat316
11-02-2007, 07:40 PM
He is 26 years old WTF

Memorex
11-03-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm pumped lets see what this 26 year old rookie can do

the dolphins depress me
11-05-2007, 12:21 PM
hes not playing...back to lemon :'(

Geo
11-05-2007, 12:35 PM
I think that is/was Randy Mueller's and Cam Cameron's impression at the Draft, I'm looking forward to seeing how true it is.

Joeyjr09
11-05-2007, 12:48 PM
hes not playing...back to lemon :'(

I saw this coming a long time ago. All the reports about Beck playing were from the media and fans, not the team itself. Don't worry tho, Cam said Beck will continue to split carries and that he will not hesitate to pull Lemon. While some of Cam's moves have left me baffled and he needs some work, one thing I can say about Cam is he's pretty straight foward when he says things.

Geo
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
That's a bit strange. It's not about pulling Lemon, Lemon is a solid quarterback who can play. But is Lemon the starting quarterback next year, two years, three years from now? Because if he is, Lemon should definitely keep playing every game.

If Beck is the guy, then he should be gaining valuable experience.

Geo
11-14-2007, 05:46 PM
The John Beck era finally starts this Sunday.

Come on, BYU. Show us flashes.