PDA

View Full Version : NFL Mock Draft v1 Round One

djmakaveli
02-08-2007, 07:59 PM
These are really guesstimates.. feel free to help me correct it

1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
The Raiders can use help just about anywhere on offense, but qb is the most essential and Russell can get the ball to just about anywhere on the field. He will be a lot like Daunte Culpepper before his knee injury. The Raiders can pick up Donte Stallworth in FA, as well as Ahman Green or maybe even pick up some lineman.

2. Detroit Lions - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
One position may be all it takes to make the Lions true contenders. Shaky quarterback play last year was part to blame, but they can pick up defensive players in FA and draft a lineman in R2.
3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
With Droughns aging, and Troy Smith likely to fall into R2, the likely pick is Peterson. Calvin Johnson could be taken here to but i think Peterson is to good to pass up and they already have Braylon Edwayds. Also may trade down.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Cal Johnson WR Georgia Tech
Should be the first overall pick, hes the most talented player in this draft, might even be the best wr prospect in years. Posesses the same skills of Randy Moss (height, speed, hands, hops) but the attitude and class of someone like L.T. (29 tds and no excessive celebration, attitude etc). CJ would be a drastic upgrade to any team and will definatley be a huge asset to Chris Simms.
5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas T Wisconsin
Its likely he will get moved around on the line, but he will drastically improve the Cards line regardless of where he plays. My guess would be RT (Leinarts blindside). The Cardinals have a young, high caliber offense at the skill positions, an up and coming defense, but both lines are shaky. If Thomas gets nabbed earlier in the draft, Alan Branch will likely be taken.
6. Washington Redskins - Alan Branch DT Michigan
The skins will stick with campbell at QB, Portis is coming back healthy, the wr corps is one of the best, the entire line is talented only pushing 30, the LBs are solid and the db's are young and will make a nice impact. This leaves the D Line. The Skins generated hardly any pass rush and need to stop the run. Branch can help in both areas, Jamaal Anderson or Gaines Adams are also my likely candidates.

7. Minnesota Vikings - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
Talent-wise the Vikes should have a higher pick. Their D-Line is one of the best in the league and could be THE best if the added an impact pass rusher on the other side of Erasmus James.

8. Houston Texans - Marshawn Lynch RB California
The Texans really need a QB, but with RB concerns they have to take Lynch. I know it's a stretch but wasnt Mario Williams? Lynch is a strong runner and if he dosen't manage the starting position he will get a high percent of the carries. Levi Brown is another likely possibilty but they should take a skill position.

9.Miami Dolphins - Amobi Okoye DE Louisville
A 19 year old phenomenon. The Dolphins have more needs and already have the reigning defensive MVP coming back but imagine yet another solid force on the other side. This leaves teams to run up the gut to be met by Zach Thomas. Now, defense dosent win championships as we saw last sunday, so Ted Ginn could be taken here also.

10. Atlanta Falcons - Ted Ginn WR Ohio State
Vick and Ginn is just to much to pass up on. This really gives the Falcons so many possibilites on offense. Ginn could help take heat off Vick and in turn help him to play better. I also like Reggie Nelson here but Ginn allows the Falcons to be sooo much more dynamic.

11. San Francisco 49ers - Reggie Nelson S Florida
The Niners secondary is aging and just not that talented, Nelson will improve them big time. He may not be the difference that gets them into the playoffs but an upgrade non the less.

12. Buffalo Bills - Leon Hall CB Michigan
Clements will leave a huge whole and Hall may not be able to fill it entirely, but the Bills just cant leave there secondary so broken up. The bills are shaky on offense, but really only need to upgrade at QB and O Line but there is no one at this pick to provide that help.
13. St. Louis Rams - Lawrence Timmons Florida St. OLB
Personally I like Posluszny but Timmons is ranked higher everywhere i look. The Rams have been losing key players on their defense and then upgrading in the draft so i see that happening again this year.

14. Carolina Panthers - LaRon Landry S LSU
There is a lot of options here (not that the panthers have a lot of needs) but as of now they take Landry. He will compliment Mike Minter and the rest of the secondary and may be the factor that helps determine those close games.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Gaines Adams DE Clemson
Its unlikely Adams falls this far but the Steelers would be foolish to pass him up. Another disruptive force in the Steelers iron curtain could make them competitors again. But really what they need is some kind of spirit or something like that. Maybe they draft a cheerleader here...

16. Green Bay Packers - Dwayne Jarrett WR USC
Although they need to replace Ahman Green, I think they can wait till the next round. Dwayne Jarrett mixed in with Driver and Jennings and with Favre coming back will make RB less of a priority. The cheeseheads could come out next season with an offense similar to the Colts. Keyword: Similar

17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Sidney Rice WR South Carolina
Rice is about on the same level with the other Jaguar receivers but I think he can step it up. With Ginn and Jarrett out of the picture and no chance at all Calvin Johnson drops down here, the Jags opt for the best receiver. Again, they can roll the dice that Troy Smith falls to them in R2.

18. Cincinnati Bengals - Jarvis Moss DE Florida
Moss is a disruptive pass rusher who could be the link Cincy's missing. With poor run support and qb pressure, Moss is a good choice. He may not be as much of an asset in run stopping as Adam Carriker, but can get heat on the quarterback better.
19. Tennessee Titans - Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh
What the Titans really need is probably wide receiver or maybe a solid lineman, but Revis is the only one who really fits here. Pacman Jones has been a stud this last year and another solid starter opposite him will be a huge impact.

20. New York Giants - Michael Griffin S Texas
The big hitter could be a huge upgrade not only to run support, but pass protection where they need it the most. Although he is not the ballhawk Landry is, he will still get the job done for the Giants.

21. Denver Broncos - Quentin Moses - DE Georgia
The Broncos boasted one of the best defenses this year and the main key was the Darrent Williams-Champ Bailey tandem. But there was also little pressure on the qb, unless the linebackers were blitzing. If they can get solid pressure upfront and drop the linebackers into more of a coverage, it will relieve pressure off the db's. They should be fine at receiver for another season even if they don't sign or draft anyone. Michael Griffin would also be a high possibilty if he is available here. Aaron Ross could also be taken to replace Williams.
22. Dallas Cowboys - Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State
With most of the hype in Dallas around Romo, it's not very known how badly Anthony Henry got burnt during the season. In one game the announcers pointed it out in the pregame show, and he got burnt all day long. Regardless if he moves to safety or not, the Boys need an upgrade, and Marcus McCauley is their man. I like him over Aaron Ross because he is a lot faster, which was the big reason Anthony Henry got burned all the time. You can't teach speed.
23. Kansas City Chiefs - Dwayne Bowe WR LSU
Can handle being a go-to guy as he was for Russell. Somewhat similar to Dwayne Jarrett, except a bit more physical. Good blocker for the position with good hands. Receiver is one of the biggest needs for the Chiefs, even though Arron Sears could likely be taken here to.

24. New England Patriots - Eric Weddle DB Utah
Another bit of a stretch but a CB/S tweener could be a nice fit for the Patriots, should they lose Asante Samuel and Rodney Harrison has been bit by the injury bug this point in his career. A receiver or linebacker could also be taken here, but I like Weddle. After the embarrassing second half against the Colts, they need some help in the secondary.

25. New York Jets - DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler DT NC State
Tank Tyler is a strong lineman and will be a good fit for the Jets 3-4 scheme. The Jets are in bad position having a pick this low, but give them a lot of credit for being the 4th worst record to the 7th best. The problem is that they got in to the playoffs with more luck then talent, really. They need to address their needs with a better pick, but they will make the most of it here.

26. Philadelphia Eagles - Patrick Willis MLB Ole Miss
Willis is just too good to pass up for Robert Meachem or Anthony Gonzalez at wide receiver. The Eagles should try to make a deal with Stallworth, or go after someone in R2. But as of now, Willis is a great option because he not only replenishes the youth at linebacker, but he is a very talented one at that. Look for Willis to play OLB.

27. New Orleans Saints - Paul Posluszny OLB Penn State
Paul Posluszny is very similar to A.J. Hawk, who the Saints were highly considering before the Texans passed on Bush. After another year the Saints overall draft for the last 2 years will be far better then the Texans (Mario Williams-Reggie Bush, DeMeco Ryans-Marques Colston, Marshawn Lynch-Paul Posluszny).

28. New England Patriots - Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
A speedster like Meachem will be a huge step in Deion Branch's replacement, who may have already been found by the play of Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell, but they need a more #1 receiver. Add Meachem to Gaffney, Caldwell, Chad Jackson, and Ben Watson and you've got a very dangerous receiver corps. Need I mention Tom Brady?

29. Baltimore Ravens - Buster Davis LB Florida St.
Adalius Thomas is set to be a free agent, Lewis is getting older. With Buster Davis in the linebacker corps, Terrell Suggs could move back DE and get better pressure on the QB. If not he will likely rotate with Lewis and Bart Scott.

30. San Diego Chargers - Jon Beason - LB Miami
Another solid starter opposite Merriman will be killer. With no big threat at receiver the Chargers patch up their defense a little bit more with this pick.
31. Chicago Bears - Zach Miller TE Arizona St.
Grossman needs all the help he can get and a great pass catchin tight end could really help his consistency. Personally, I like Troy Smith here but thats just me.

32. Indianapolis Colts - Rufus Alexander OLB Oklahoma
Not to many good fish in the pond when it comes to Linebackers, especially available at this pick, so the Colts make a stretch and get the quick, athletic Alexander. He will fit in well with their Cover 2 defense and while the Colts have two studs in their linebacker corps, Cato June is set to be a free agent.

That's all folks, this is my first draft so please comment

fenikz
02-08-2007, 08:01 PM
put this in the mock draft section

and troy smith is no where near Russell or Quinn's talent

djmakaveli
02-08-2007, 08:32 PM
put this in the mock draft section

and troy smith is no where near Russell or Quinn's talent

yeah ik i just put who i thought the top 3 were

21ST
02-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Great redskins pick

T-RICH49
02-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Perfect Chiefs pick

LB51
02-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Safety isn't really a need for the giants, but a playmaker in the secondary is so your draft is okay

scar988
02-09-2007, 09:03 AM
10. Atlanta Falcons - Ted Ginn WR Ohio State
Vick and Ginn is just to much to pass up on. This really gives the Falcons so many possibilites on offense. Ginn could help take heat off Vick and in turn help him to play better. I also like Reggie Nelson here but Ginn allows the Falcons to be sooo much more dynamic.
no it is very easy to pass up on. Ginn is a shorter, skinnier, less physical Roddy White with less NFL expirience and worse hands. after Hue Jackson gets a hold of White and Jenkins they will look a lot better than people think they are. We will not waste a first round pick on ANY Wr outside of Calvin Johnson. We don't need a WR unless it is Calvin Johnson until the 2nd day and will not take one until the 2nd day. We would get a DE, S, RB or OT here and the BPA is DE Gaines Adams here.

Finsfan79
02-09-2007, 09:15 AM
9.Miami Dolphins - Amobi Okoye DE Louisville
A 19 year old phenomenon. The Dolphins have more needs and already have the reigning defensive MVP coming back but imagine yet another solid force on the other side. This leaves teams to run up the gut to be met by Zach Thomas. Now, defense dosent win championships as we saw last sunday, so Ted Ginn could be taken here also.

WE PLAY THE 3-4 OKOYE IS FIT FOR THE 4-3!!

This has been said over and over again for the past month now before even the senior bowl when Scott gave us him. He changed it because of it!!

Gaines Adams ACTUALLY fits our needs at the OLB spot

<~~~ bangs head into keyboard repeatedly.

scar988
02-09-2007, 09:18 AM
FinsFan, Okoye would be a great 3-4 DE.

Finsfan79
02-09-2007, 09:22 AM
FinsFan, Okoye would be a great 3-4 DE.

He would be a better 3 technique in the 4-3 then a 3-4 DE. He needs to put on weight for the 3-4 DE even because he is 287 lbs.

Plus we have the following at 3-4 DE. Kevin Carter, Bowens, Matt Roth, Vickerson, 2 wrights, Evans, Holliday is expected to resign with the team(they are doing an extension talks today), and 3-4 more.

Taking a DE would be as foolish as you guys taking a QB you know Scar? It is the strongest position on the whole dolphins team and he has us passing up BPA there and the biggest need on the team (except perhaps QB).

football guy
02-09-2007, 03:10 PM
overall id give it a B I think u have GIN to high and i dont think thomas will fall to AZ. Houston will definetly take landry or nelson at 8 if AP is gone

I think pick 26- 32 not including san diego wil be pretty accurate.

The Eagles will not take a WR in round one. They just don't do it.

last year before stallworth our WRS were reggie brown and greg lewis.
I like Willis for the eagles.

it fits what andy read likes to do.

LB51
02-09-2007, 03:43 PM
I think the Giants wouldn't pick a S, but they do need a playmaker in the secondary, we might trade down, and Marcus McCauley was stripped of his 1st round qualification after he was benched for playing badly and after his bad work in the senior bowl

RaiderNation
02-09-2007, 04:57 PM
bad pick for oakland

Caddy
02-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Good Buc pick

sdpads24
02-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Good pick for the chargers in that situation