PDA

View Full Version : Darrel Scott?

OregonDucks
10-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Hey fellas I appreciate this forum because you all sound like you know what you are talking about. So I pose this question..where do you all see d scott going? UCLA???? I think if he goes to colorado he will be a 3 year starter assuming he leaves as a junior...thoughts? Thanks guys

DWilliams2IndyColts
10-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Hey fellas I appreciate this forum because you all sound like you know what you are talking about. So I pose this question..where do you all see d scott going? UCLA???? I think if he goes to colorado he will be a 3 year starter assuming he leaves as a junior...thoughts? Thanks guysI think it will come down to either Florida St. and LSU.

OregonDucks
10-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Really? Kinda shying away from pac ten then?

BigJohn98
10-26-2007, 05:41 PM
He'd be a fool to go to USC. I'm thinking Colorado, FSU, or LSU, with Colorado winning his services.

OregonDucks
10-26-2007, 05:52 PM
I know he wouldnt go to usc, I was aiming toward UCLA. But I hope he doesnt go pac ten I dont want my ducks playing him. Im hoping he goes FSU

BigJohn98
10-26-2007, 08:06 PM
I honestly don't know why he'd want to come here. Our offensive line couldn't stop a high school defensive line.

OregonDucks
10-27-2007, 07:11 PM
I honestly don't know why he'd want to come here. Our offensive line couldn't stop a high school defensive line.

Haha you are right about that. Why not oregon?? haha

DWilliams2IndyColts
10-27-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm sure if he went to FSU some top O-Line Prospects would back out of their committments.

CM4
10-29-2007, 01:40 AM
Hey "OREGON DUCKS" and "DWILLIAMSINDY", something tells me you either know Darrell or related. JOSH? D? if so you will know who this is by my user name.

OregonDucks
10-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Im not related nor do I know him.

DWilliams2IndyColts
10-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey "OREGON DUCKS" and "DWILLIAMSINDY", something tells me you either know Darrell or related. JOSH? D? if so you will know who this is by my user name.How does it sound like that?

HoopsDemon12
10-29-2007, 05:45 PM
why would he wanan go to oregon? i mean playing in a spread offence doesnt really help your stock... go to a team liek colorado where he will pound hte ball and htey have a decent oline

mqtirishfan
10-30-2007, 02:16 PM
why would he wanan go to oregon? i mean playing in a spread offence doesnt really help your stock... go to a team liek colorado where he will pound hte ball and htey have a decent oline

It's not hurting Stewart's stock. I think Scott would be pretty good in any offense, even a spread because of his speed. He can run inside the tackles as well as any back in the past few years, but he's also a homerun threat.

Gchu83
10-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Texas seems to be back in the running for Scott. He was supposedly very interested in UT but we weren't showing him much interest in return. Looks like we recently offered and rumor was that he was taking a visit, not sure whether he actually made it out to Austin or not.

Last time we got a RB from California, it worked out pretty nice. :D

reigle9
11-07-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm thinking Colorado fans should start to get a little excited. I hope he does go there rather than to a power school.

Gchu83
11-07-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm thinking Colorado fans should start to get a little excited. I hope he does go there rather than to a power school.

Why should they start getting excited? Any inside info.? BTW...Scott will be taking an official visit to Austin this weekend for UT/Tech weekend.

reigle9
11-07-2007, 12:20 PM
I have no inside info. It's just where I think he's going.

gstock05
11-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Colorado would be a really smart choice. He wouldn't have to worry about much competition, he'd have a great coach, and would have the thought of starting his own legacy.

He'll be extremely successful wherever he goes. I truely believe he's the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson.

OregonDucks
11-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Colorado would be a really smart choice. He wouldn't have to worry about much competition, he'd have a great coach, and would have the thought of starting his own legacy.

He'll be extremely successful wherever he goes. I truely believe he's the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson.

I dunno if I would go that far. I watched tape and hes great but not AD great.

mqtirishfan
11-07-2007, 07:00 PM

I think he's the best out of HS since AD, but AD was on another level. If I remember correctly, AD wanted to go straight to the pros, but he wasn't allowed to.

OregonDucks
11-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah, maybe Im wrong, everyone has their opinions..

BigJohn98
11-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Florida fans really seem to think he might pick Florida.

mqtirishfan
11-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Florida fans really seem to think he might pick Florida.

Nope, they aren't allowed to have Tebow, Harvin and Scott on the same offense.

reigle9
11-07-2007, 10:37 PM

He didn't say AD great. He said since AD, which I agree with.

gstock05
11-08-2007, 01:04 AM
Go watch Peterson's highschool highlights and Scott's highschool highlights then compare.

IMO, Scott is shiftier, a bit faster, but not quite as powerful as Peterson. The thing I like about Scott is he has a lower center of gravity. Comparing anybody to Peterson is REALLY hard nowadays, but as far as highschool prospects, I really think they're both very much elite, with Chris Wells a miniscule notch below.

OregonDucks
11-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Go watch Peterson's highschool highlights and Scott's highschool highlights then compare.

IMO, Scott is shiftier, a bit faster, but not quite as powerful as Peterson. The thing I like about Scott is he has a lower center of gravity. Comparing anybody to Peterson is REALLY hard nowadays, but as far as highschool prospects, I really think they're both very much elite, with Chris Wells a miniscule notch below.

Yeah, okay I am gonna go do that. You're probably right.

reigle9
11-08-2007, 04:40 PM
I liked Wells too, but I'd make him the Steelers to the Pats and Cots.

WildDude
11-17-2007, 08:52 PM
With Emanuel Moody going to UF not happening... This kid is the biggest mystery in the recruting world but I'd say he pulls the same thing every other kid in CA does and ends up at USC but im hoping for his sake he ends up at colorado because he'll be the featured guy no doubt about that

Turtlepower
11-17-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm almost positive he will end up at Colorado with his cousin.

WildDude
11-17-2007, 08:56 PM
This would definately be a big win for Dan Hawkins's squad but lets hope ur right i mean the guy hasnt given us any hints as well as Arthur Brown

Gchu83
11-18-2007, 11:02 PM
He rated his visits to both UT and CU 9.5 out of 10. He'll announce his decision during the Army All-American game.

WildDude
11-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Im pretty sure UT dosent want to get another back cause the only one they offered was Jeremy Hills and thats why they didnt offer Jermie Calhoun correct me if im wrong

KCJ58
11-19-2007, 01:41 AM
i really hope he goes to Colorado

mqtirishfan
11-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Im pretty sure UT dosent want to get another back cause the only one they offered was Jeremy Hills and thats why they didnt offer Jermie Calhoun correct me if im wrong

If a talent like Scott knocks on your door, you change your recruiting strategy.

Gchu83
11-19-2007, 08:29 PM

UT stopped recruiting Calhoun because he had major grade issues and with the recent off-field troubles we've been having, I don't think Mack wanted to take the chance.

But we wouldn't have offered Scott if we didn't want him. He just took an official visit 2 weeks ago and said he really enjoyed it.

WildDude
11-20-2007, 12:09 AM
oh okay i just wanted someone to clarify tha for me because Jermie is no slouch hes legit because I was wondering why Jeremy Hills over him? besides the fact that his brother was a top recruit and was a steady player woulda been a superstar at TE if not for injuries had to end up at OT

Gchu83
11-20-2007, 10:46 PM
oh okay i just wanted someone to clarify tha for me because Jermie is no slouch hes legit because I was wondering why Jeremy Hills over him? besides the fact that his brother was a top recruit and was a steady player woulda been a superstar at TE if not for injuries had to end up at OT

Calhoun was supposedly really high on UT so many fans were suprised/disappointed we weren't picking up THE stud back in Texas. But if there is one thing we can trust Mack Brown with...its recruiting.

BufFan71
11-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Scott is going to Colorado
his uncle (Josh Smith) is the starting WR for Colorado

he'd be smart not to go to USC, or else he wont play till he junior year
if he goes to CU he'll be an immediate starter he'll have an average offensive line, and with Cody Hawkins, he could be pretty good

Scott is 100X the runningback Hugh Charles, and seeing the success Charles has had..... Scott could benefit

BigJohn98
11-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Colorado's win today all but sealed it for Scott.

BufFan71
11-23-2007, 06:55 PM
pretty much
and there are reports saying he has already given Dan Hawkins a verbal commit

BigJohn98
11-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. He could be the recruit to get Colorado back in the right direction.

Gchu83
11-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Mack Brown just offered Chris Whaley (RB 2009) which is very strange since we're still in the running for Scott and the fact that we NEVER offer juniors before junior days.

Not sure if this is any indication on our status w/ Scott, but losing to A&M and CU's comeback win over Nebraska didn't help our chances that's for sure.

Rockrule40
12-29-2007, 04:40 PM
My friend has a class with Josh Smith and when they were working on a project Darrel Scott called, and they talked for 30 min. Josh Smith and Darrel Scott talk every day. Anyways they asked Josh if Darrel was coming and he said with out a doubt. I'm not sure if it really went down like that, but I liked hearing that.

I was pretty surprised to hear that he named Colorado his top school even after we got killed by Mizzou. A game where I stood right behind him in the student section, and the only time it looked like he was having a good time was in the 1st quarter. He did however like my "Chase Daniel Eats Boogers" sign.

OregonDucks
12-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Darrel is going to colorado, Id put money on it.

BufFan71
12-30-2007, 03:20 PM
hes the kind of player that could bring colorado to the next level

Texas Homer
12-31-2007, 10:15 PM
I hope Texas, but think Colorado. He's a very good RB. Top Tier RB.

BigJohn98
12-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Here's what Darrell talked about in his chat on Rivals.com today:

-He says he liked his visit to Texas, and they are in his top 3.
-He says that Jamal Charles decision on going pro or not will affect his decision.
-He will announce on signing day.
-He says winning a NC is not important. He can go to a different school and make history himself.
-A good offensive line will influence his decision.
-He wants to play in an offense that can get him 20-25 carries a game.
-He says his fastest 40 ever was a 4.32 and he prefers to shake/stiff arm people.
-Depth chart is a factor.
-He'd rather win a NC than the Heisman.

mqtirishfan
12-31-2007, 11:07 PM
If Jamaal Charles is a team-first guy, he'll go pro. :D

BigJohn98
01-02-2008, 02:36 PM
And guess what, Jamal Charles has declared.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3177593

rascal
01-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Darrell Scott, widely considered the top-rated running back in the country, said Wednesday that Texas was one of four teams he’s considering.

What could be the deciding factor on whether the 6-foot-0, 204-pound athlete becomes a Longhorn?

“Really, it’s whether or not Jamaal Charles comes back,” Scott told the Austin American-Statesman prior to the news about Charles declaring for the NFL draft. “It will be big if he leaves. I don’t want to sit out my freshman year. I’m trying to hop in and make some chaos somewhere.”

The rumors are Scott has been Colorado lean, with Texas, Florida and LSU rounding out his four.

But Scott said the weather in Boulder, Colo., could be a factor.

“Man, it’s brutal up there,” he said. “They need to get some indoor facilities. I know it gets cold in Austin, but they just move indoors when that happens. I’m a warm-weather guy, and I really don’t like the cold.”

Scott, who is in San Antonio for the All-American game, said he plans on announcing his commitment on signing day (Feb. 6).

----------------

Sounds like a *****. CU has a 4* back coming in anyway so it's not like we are hurting there. If he wants to be a ***** and complain about the weather he can go to Texas...he would fit in perfectly.

mqtirishfan
01-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Sounds like a *****. CU has a 4* back coming in anyway so it's not like we are hurting there. If he wants to be a ***** and complain about the weather he can go to Texas...he would fit in perfectly.

***** or not, he's more talented than any running back CU has ever had.

rascal
01-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Heisman trophy winners down?

mqtirishfan
01-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Heisman trophy winners down?

Yes, I think he's better than Salaam from a talent stand-point.

BufFan71
01-02-2008, 05:29 PM
if scott doesnt want to play for CU it is his problem....
Cody Hawkins is going to be a very good Qb, Josh Smith (his cousin) is going to be a very good WR

if we doesnt want to play in the cold, then hes a sissy imo

mqtirishfan
01-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Cody Hawkins is going to be a very good Qb, Josh Smith (his cousin) is going to be a very good WR

But he's a sissy that you wanted on your team more than any other recruit as late as 2 hours ago because he's better than any player on your roster.

BufFan71
01-02-2008, 06:14 PM
i do want him....

But if he doesnt commit to CU because the cold weather.....

thats rediculous

mqtirishfan
01-02-2008, 06:19 PM
i do want him....

But if he doesnt commit to CU because the cold weather.....

thats rediculous

Why? He's going to go play college football, and can choose whatever school he wants. If he likes warm weather more, what's rediculous about going to Texas? I know if I had a choice, I'd choose a warm place over a cold one.

BufFan71
01-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Why? He's going to go play college football, and can choose whatever school he wants. If he likes warm weather more, what's rediculous about going to Texas? I know if I had a choice, I'd choose a warm place over a cold one.

whats rediculous is choosing a college over another because weather

imo, if i had a choice id rather play in cold weather
hot weather sucks

mqtirishfan
01-02-2008, 06:33 PM

hot weather sucks

Well, right now they're similar. Similar academics, similar depth charts, similar team talent, etc. If neither team has any advantages, why not choose to live for 9 months in an area you like more?

BigJohn98
01-02-2008, 06:37 PM

hot weather sucks

We're talking about a 17 year old kid here.

BufFan71
01-02-2008, 06:40 PM
We're talking about a 17 year old kid here.

well if Scott commits to CU, hes gonna get the carries

hes gonna get to play in the cold weather where hes gonna have to carry his team to wins.....

w/e i just hope he commits to CU

bwillie26
01-02-2008, 07:35 PM
I personally hope a talent like Scott does not go to Colorado. He will give Nebraska fits for years. :) But I too have never understood the thoughts HS athletes have about playing in cold weather. A talent like Scott will end up in the NFL, where the odds are you will be playing in a city with cold weather. Might as well get used to it while in college.

VoteLynnSwan
01-02-2008, 08:22 PM

hot weather sucks

what's ridiculous is you using the world ridiculous without knowing how to spell it.

and we're not talking about hot weather here, we're talking about warm weather, it's not all that hot in september, october, november, and december even in the south.

BufFan71
01-02-2008, 09:04 PM
what's ridiculous is you using the world ridiculous without knowing how to spell it.

and we're not talking about hot weather here, we're talking about warm weather, it's not all that hot in september, october, november, and december even in the south.

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/9/1/9/9194b0103fe23b2df9751fb1d04b66c3.jpg

Diaspora
01-04-2008, 08:31 PM
I sure hope he goes to UT..he looks damn good. I'm thinking its UT or Colorado probably at this point but he would look soo good in burnt orange!

Sniper
01-04-2008, 08:34 PM

Yay for someone else besides me knowing how to spell ridiculous!

BufFan71
01-04-2008, 08:37 PM
I sure hope he goes to UT..he looks damn good. I'm thinking its UT or Colorado probably at this point but he would look soo good in burnt orange!

im pretty sure he'd look alot better in black and gold

BigJohn98
01-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Darrell says that Texas leads now.

WildDude
01-06-2008, 08:31 PM
yeah its probally the weather, although it sounds like he didnt tell the truth a while back when he said that Jamaal charles leaving will not impact his decision at all, apperently it does, why all of a sudden UT is above Colorado which seems to have it all?

VoteLynnSwan
01-06-2008, 09:07 PM
yeah its probally the weather, although it sounds like he didnt tell the truth a while back when he said that Jamaal charles leaving will not impact his decision at all, apperently it does, why all of a sudden UT is above Colorado which seems to have it all?

Scott said it WOULD impact his decision if Charles left.

LonghornsLegend
01-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Most of the Texas recruiting insiders on most boards ive been say he favors Texas more, but I dont know if its enough to seal the deal right now or not...Im sure Mack is pushing to grab him

But he really wasnt all that interested in us until Charles declared, once that happened we became the front runner, and thats probably going to give him the chance to start coming in with talent around him

IT: What was your reaction to Jamaal Charles leaving Texas to declare for the NFL draft?
Darrell Scott: It was big. That was my main concern. I don’t want to sit. I definitely don’t want to

IT: There’s a lot of speculation that you are headed to Colorado. What is your reaction to that?

Scott: I’ve heard so many rumors this year. I just call somebody and put it out there that Darrell isn’t committed to that school.

IT: So why is your name synonymous with Colorado?

Scott: I don’t know. Probably because I have family there with Josh Smith. He’s a

IT: With Jamaal Charles gone, does that make Texas more enticing than Colorado?

Scott: Oh yeah. No doubt.

IT: How did you get the news that Jamaal was leaving Texas?

Scott: Somebody whispered in my ear. I can’t let it out, but I’ve known for like four days

IT: So what’s your commitment status now?

Scott: Undecided.

IT: What are the pros and cons of Texas and Colorado?

Scott: Colorado, the weather. I don’t like that weather. The pro is I like and have a good bond there. Family comes first, that thing, but I mean way out. With Texas, I just

Gchu83
01-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Most of the Texas recruiting insiders on most boards ive been say he favors Texas more, but I dont know if its enough to seal the deal right now or not...Im sure Mack is pushing to grab him

But he really wasnt all that interested in us until Charles declared, once that happened we became the front runner, and thats probably going to give him the chance to start coming in with talent around him

Mack and Major was set to visit Scott, not sure if they made it out there yet.

Don't think your 2nd comment is all that correct. Scott has always been interested in us and it's pretty much been CU or UT the whole time. Charles leaving should a HUGE deciding factor but we'll see. Rumor was that he was recruiting for CU during the Army game.

LonghornsLegend
01-20-2008, 06:29 PM
OK, Ill say he was slightly interested before Charles declared, but if Charles stayed we really didnt have a good chance to pick him up imho...Vondrell Mcgee is more then capable of being solid so I wasnt concerned too much...were not crazy deep at rb like we were a few years ago when we had a 4 back rotation, but now it will probably be wide open for Scott to start with Mcgee staying in the same role...

He canceled his interview he had with Florida right after he had his visit with Mack, which makes it only between colorado and its going to take something to sway him back in favor of them over UT...I keep hearing alot about him having a selfish attitude and being all about himself, thats the only thing im concerned about

BufFan71
01-20-2008, 06:59 PM
hopefully he commits to CU
we dont really have a Hb this year
but we got a solid defense and good qb with pretty good receivers

Texas Homer
01-26-2008, 07:16 PM
I hope he goes to Texas. He would Ball here.

KCJ58
01-27-2008, 02:54 AM
hopefully he goes to CU it will be a shame if he goes to Texas

Rockrule40
02-01-2008, 01:55 PM

Josh Smith is his uncle not his cousin

Pokeys
02-05-2008, 09:22 AM
"DENVER - FOX 31 Sports has learned through a reliable source close to the Colorado football program that it’s “unlikely” the Buffs will land prized recruit Darrell Scott.

Scott, who is widely considered the top high school running back in the country, is expected to choose Texas over Colorado.

This source told me tonight, “I won’t be shocked if he comes to Colorado, but I’m not expecting it. This source added, “If Scott doesn’t want to be a Buff, that’s fine with us. We’ll move on.”

The Buffs have tried to make a late push to get Scott, but it appears that Scott has made up his mind to join the Longhorns.

Scott’s assistant football coach, Roger Sonsini recently said that Texas is in the lead.

If Colorado doesn’t get Scott, many recruiting services still consider the Buffs to have a top-25 recruiting class led by locals Jon Major and Curtis Cunningham."

Pulled that from myfoxcolorado.com

Nice....

KCJ58
02-05-2008, 12:25 PM
"DENVER - FOX 31 Sports has learned through a reliable source close to the Colorado football program that it’s “unlikely” the Buffs will land prized recruit Darrell Scott.

Scott, who is widely considered the top high school running back in the country, is expected to choose Texas over Colorado.

This source told me tonight, “I won’t be shocked if he comes to Colorado, but I’m not expecting it. This source added, “If Scott doesn’t want to be a Buff, that’s fine with us. We’ll move on.”

The Buffs have tried to make a late push to get Scott, but it appears that Scott has made up his mind to join the Longhorns.

Scott’s assistant football coach, Roger Sonsini recently said that Texas is in the lead.

If Colorado doesn’t get Scott, many recruiting services still consider the Buffs to have a top-25 recruiting class led by locals Jon Major and Curtis Cunningham."

Pulled that from myfoxcolorado.com

Nice....

that sucks to hear as a long time buffs fan but if he goes to texas best to luck with him but there's still tomorrow to make up his mind hopefully his Uncle can convince him somehow to go to Boulder

BufFan71
02-05-2008, 04:09 PM
w/e....
Colorado already already has a pretty good recruiting class...and is on the rise

to bad though

LonghornsLegend
02-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Thats good news since I already recruited him on my dynasty to Texas so id hate to see that go to nothing ;)

No but this is good news, is he going to sign a LOI on signing day?

Gchu83
02-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Late word is that he is leaning towards CU. Not sure where he'll end up, but this type of anticipation isn't good for UT historically.

LonghornsLegend
02-06-2008, 08:04 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-scott6feb06,1,3270996.story

Article published today about Scott, talks about the schools who were calling and who he's feeling, he said "he's got his mind made up" about where he's going and I really dont see anything that could of swayed him back towards Colorado at the very end...But we shall see in a few hours

cdub11
02-06-2008, 08:49 AM
It looks like Rivals & Scout are predicting Scott to go to CU

Rich Jr
02-06-2008, 08:53 AM
I really thought JC going pro was the deciding factor in him going to UT. Maybe not?

LonghornsLegend
02-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Reading his parents had alot to do with his late swing to Colorado and they want him to go there...If its on the parents CU is probably his call, these things keep going back and forth ill just wait on his announcement, but starting at Texas might be too tempting for him to pass up

cdub11
02-06-2008, 10:01 AM
with jamaal charles gone, i would think that texas would be the easy choice, but family ties can be just as strong, UT had 4 RB in the NFL last year

LonghornsLegend
02-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Its official, he picked Colorado :(

best of luck to him out there

BufFan71
02-06-2008, 02:53 PM
WOO HOO.....

Scott is coming to Colorado

Cody Hawkins, Josh Smith, Darrel Scott...... that is gonna be nasty

KCJ58
02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
im so glad he decided to go 2 CU, watch out Big XII North here we come

Namy
02-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I went to most of the CU games this year but i don't really follow high school prospects, but if he is as talented as he is touted to be, then I am excited.

hornjbob
02-08-2008, 07:56 PM
The Big XII and NCAA have received a grievance claim regarding Darrell Scott and are expected to report that enough information exists to warrant an investigation. For all the CU fans that want to believe this is just all a bunch of sour grapes, I'm sorry to report that there is a lot to this story. I can't go into detail, but there were improprieties at the hands of Alexis Scott. I won't make claims, b/c I don't know squat about Darrell Scott, but recordings were made of a key call between Bobby Kennedy & Alexis Scott, in which she pretty much asked him to beat the best offer they'd received from Colorado. ,I have not heard the call, but I have seen the initial transcripts. After Kennedy refused to do any illegal recruiting, she sent him a text message, "thanx for everything. MOM" Two days later Darrell committed to Colorado. It should be noted, he committed to Texas on 1/23 & again on 1/31. The Major Applewhite hire occurred a week before he 1st committed. This story is just getting started and will be national news soon, Where theres smoke theirs fire, The thing is a Coach at Darrells high school knows information that hes not suppose to say but has recently opened his mouth, Darrells mom quickly tried to have a meeting with him, She knows she might have ruined his career already, The offer was supposedly a bank job paying 6 figures in boulder

cdub11
02-08-2008, 08:06 PM
wow i hadnt heard anything about that, will be interesting to see how that unfolds

jared
02-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Here is a link to what he's talking about:
http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/07/twist-in-the-scott-recruiting-story/

keylime_5
02-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Kinda good to see Scott go to Colorado as a College FB fan...helps even out the distribution of power. The Buffs might actually balance out the Big 12 for a change now.

Namy
02-08-2008, 09:38 PM
The Big XII and NCAA have received a grievance claim regarding Darrell Scott and are expected to report that enough information exists to warrant an investigation. For all the CU fans that want to believe this is just all a bunch of sour grapes, I'm sorry to report that there is a lot to this story. I can't go into detail, but there were improprieties at the hands of Alexis Scott. I won't make claims, b/c I don't know squat about Darrell Scott, but recordings were made of a key call between Bobby Kennedy & Alexis Scott, in which she pretty much asked him to beat the best offer they'd received from Colorado. ,I have not heard the call, but I have seen the initial transcripts. After Kennedy refused to do any illegal recruiting, she sent him a text message, "thanx for everything. MOM" Two days later Darrell committed to Colorado. It should be noted, he committed to Texas on 1/23 & again on 1/31. The Major Applewhite hire occurred a week before he 1st committed. This story is just getting started and will be national news soon, Where theres smoke theirs fire, The thing is a Coach at Darrells high school knows information that hes not suppose to say but has recently opened his mouth, Darrells mom quickly tried to have a meeting with him, She knows she might have ruined his career already, The offer was supposedly a bank job paying 6 figures in boulder

You would hope CU would be smart enough not to be involved in a recruiting scandal. Not with its past and what's going on with other schools recently. For CU's sake, I hope this is untrue.

BufFan71
02-08-2008, 10:46 PM

Justin Timberlake said it the best way

"Cry me a river"

bwillie26
02-09-2008, 03:17 AM
BufFan, these rumors have been out there since Scott committed. I even heard these rumors the day before NSD by a few west coast people, so they are not something drummed up as sour grapes by just Horn fans.

It's easy to say these things happen everywhere, but Hawk may have picked the wrong time and place to let this one happen.

Sniper
02-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Welcome to the world of college recruiting folks!

KCJ58
02-09-2008, 03:04 PM
I'll believe it when i see it

hornjbob
02-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Its the NCAA they sit around and do nothing, What will most likely happen is they will figure out everything that happened after hes gone to the NFL, Just like Reggie Bush. If all this is true Colorado is in some deep trouble considering they are already on probation

Rich Jr
02-10-2008, 12:32 PM
There really are too many sour grapes. If a kid doesn't go to your school you have to ruin his school of choice?

VoteLynnSwan
02-10-2008, 12:47 PM
i would assume if this were true that Colorado would get the death penalty for this violation... that would forgive the pun, kill that team, they'd never be the same.

BufFan71
02-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Texas is upset because he had apparently privatly committed.....

But after Major Applewhite was hired as runningback's coach, he didnt like that move

and went with CU

OregonDucks
02-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Will he start on day one at colo?

KCJ58
02-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Will he start on day one at colo?

yea i don't think Kevin Moyd or Demetrius Sumler can become the starting RB's i think Scott can only the starting job if he messes up or cuts class

BufFan71
02-10-2008, 05:41 PM
wanna know some more about the recruiting contraversy:

read this link

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/feb/09/hagan-defends-signing-of-scott/

LonghornsLegend
02-10-2008, 09:18 PM

But after Major Applewhite was hired as runningback's coach, he didnt like that move

and went with CU

Texas is upset? By Texas you mean who? Because this is coming from one guy, who writes for the newspaper, not Mack Brown or the schools AD...And if there was a job offer, that doesnt have anything to do with Texas on that part, if not he will go on and play as suspected.

Texas surely isnt as upset as you would like to think because its not like the past recruiting classes have been bare, we missed out on Peterson too but we just used a committee with Selvin Young, Ramonce Taylor, and Jamaal Charles...Losing a recruit is nothing new, Ryan Perrilloux was a hell of a lot more important then a rb, so this isnt anything new for Texas or any other school...He would of chose USC first anyway if they didnt have 6 rbs on the depth chart so it doesnt matter, its tough because I think he will be special, but its not like Texas is sour over him picking another school.

hornjbob
02-11-2008, 05:33 PM

and went with CU

Too bad he committed a week before the Major hiring, And to the other kid who said Texas is just upset and its sour grapes? Yeah Texas is real upset that the next day they went out and signed #2 ranked QB for the class of 2009 12th overall in the nation threw over 4800 yards 52 Td 12 Int...Oh signed 4 other 4 star recruits....Yeah their reeeeal mad and clearly havnt moved on hahah its going to be funny seeing the blood bath on October 4th I think it is when Texas goes to colorado

Namy
02-12-2008, 01:34 AM
Too bad he committed a week before the Major hiring, And to the other kid who said Texas is just upset and its sour grapes? Yeah Texas is real upset that the next day they went out and signed #2 ranked QB for the class of 2009 12th overall in the nation threw over 4800 yards 52 Td 12 Int...Oh signed 4 other 4 star recruits....Yeah their reeeeal mad and clearly havnt moved on hahah its going to be funny seeing the blood bath on October 4th I think it is when Texas goes to colorado

I'm not going to say CU will win, but just gonna say.. remember how crazy the college season was this past season...