PDA

View Full Version : James Hardy

neko4
10-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Earlier this year i predicted he'd be good, and he's averaging 93 yards a game this year and had a GREAT game against Penn St, 14 catches 142 yds 2TD's
This year hes got 750 recieving yards and 11 TD's, any chance he declares and is he a first rounder.

BufFan71
10-26-2007, 08:44 AM
hes massive
6'7 220lbs

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-26-2007, 09:19 AM
will his knees be able to handle that frame cutting at the speeds he'll have to to succeed in the NFL? Or will he have the same problems boston did?

jbooshey
10-26-2007, 09:28 AM
How can you predict he'd be good this year when he has been good every year he's played...not a very bold prediction in my book, but yeah he is having a great season. I'm looking forward to a big matchup this weekend vs my guy Ikegwuonu.

lod01
10-26-2007, 09:50 AM
will his knees be able to handle that frame cutting at the speeds he'll have to to succeed in the NFL? Or will he have the same problems boston did?

A lot of Boston's problems were in his whacked out brain. His knee problems had gone away but he decided he could screw up his career in a new fashion. Mission accomplished. There are a lot of LB's that weigh more than any WR at 6-2 to 6-'5 and they don't have the problems Boston did. Boston was just wound too tight do to his workout regimen. He lost flexibility and the rubber bands hoding his knee together couldn't handle the stress.

If Hardy is 6'-7" 220, he will have less weight on his knees than players like CJ, AJ, V. Jackson, Burress and Owens.

VoltronViking
10-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Is his 40 time in the 4.5s or less???

if so....i can see a team grabbin' him in the late 1st round

with at 6'7" ....he would be an ultimate redzone threat

D-Unit
10-26-2007, 11:23 AM
How can you predict he'd be good this year when he has been good every year he's played...not a very bold prediction in my book, but yeah he is having a great season. I'm looking forward to a big matchup this weekend vs my guy Ikegwuonu.
Well Hardy made mince meat out of Justin King. If he eats up Ikewuwownwnownfwefw then he just confirms how highly I think of him.

Cashmoney
10-26-2007, 11:42 AM
dont get your hopes up guys, he's gonna be VY's #1 once he comes out.

Nerv
10-26-2007, 01:07 PM
The reports on his 40 is that he runs it in the mid 4.4's. If he runs that at the combine he is a lock for the first round in my opinion. I don't get the knee issue, this guy also played for Indiana's basketball team and is a superb athlete & i don't think making cuts is going to hurt him.

ironman4579
10-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Well, Braylon Edwards was a beast in the Big 10, and Hardy is I believe 8 TD's away from breaking his Big 10 career TD record as a junior. So if nothing else, the guy sure catches TD's.

neko4
10-26-2007, 02:00 PM
I mostly said he was gonna have a first rounder type of season

neko4
10-26-2007, 02:01 PM
The reports on his 40 is that he runs it in the mid 4.4's. If he runs that at the combine he is a lock for the first round in my opinion. I don't get the knee issue, this guy also played for Indiana's basketball team and is a superb athlete & i don't think making cuts is going to hurt him.
yeah if he were 5-8 220 then maybe but even so we've seen guys like MJD have great sucess at that size

keylime_5
10-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Well, Braylon Edwards was a beast in the Big 10, and Hardy is I believe 8 TD's away from breaking his Big 10 career TD record as a junior. So if nothing else, the guy sure catches TD's.

Only Hardy doesn't have the Michigan offense around him to help his production. He plays for Indiana, and even though they are better than usual, they still are one of the most talent-barren teams in the league. Hardy should be a mid-late 1st WR for sure if he runs under a 4.5 in Indy like he has before.

neko4
10-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I hope and seriously think he can do a 4.39-37 with training ofcourse but what prospect doesnt get trainig with his 40

Caddy
10-27-2007, 12:03 AM
I hope and seriously think he can do a 4.39-37 with training ofcourse but what prospect doesnt get trainig with his 40

I think a late 4.3 forty would be a push for a guy with the frame that Hardy has. It's difficult enough for shorter guys to run a 4.3 forty let alone a guy who is 6-7. If he did however somehow manage to run what you are hoping, he is a definite first round player.

Green Bay Scat
10-27-2007, 03:26 AM
I think a late 4.3 forty would be a push for a guy with the frame that Hardy has. It's difficult enough for shorter guys to run a 4.3 forty let alone a guy who is 6-7. If he did however somehow manage to run what you are hoping, he is a definite first round player.

what i care more about are his agility numbers, can he turn fast and change speeds fast, whats the point of running only a go route if u cant "control" the speed. Now him vs Walls(6-4 CB) would be fun to watch

MaxV
10-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Even if he runs a 4.5 40, he should be a 1st round pick.

He's a very good route runner, which is more important then 40 time for a WR.

neko4
10-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I think being 6-7 only helps his 40 since he can take longer strides

sodar21
10-27-2007, 11:25 AM
I think being 6-7 only helps his 40 since he can take longer strides

You would think so but generally this is not true. The fastest guys are always in the 5'6-6'0 range.

Canadian_kid16
10-27-2007, 12:17 PM
You would think so but generally this is not true. The fastest guys are always in the 5'6-6'0 range.

yeah because my coach told me that the key to running faster is using your arms, so it would be harder for him to move his arms faster with such a lanky frame

Primetime21
10-27-2007, 12:21 PM
what i care more about are his agility numbers, can he turn fast and change speeds fast, whats the point of running only a go route if u cant "control" the speed. Now him vs Walls(6-4 CB) would be fun to watch

Seeing his vertical will be interesting too.

Xiomera
10-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Is his 40 time in the 4.5s or less???

if so....i can see a team grabbin' him in the late 1st round

with at 6'7" ....he would be an ultimate redzone threat

People said that about Mike Williams too . . .

SuperKevin
10-27-2007, 12:35 PM
He's going to be the recipient of so many shots to the knees from CBs. His career is going to be short at WR

jbooshey
10-27-2007, 12:56 PM
First half of the game today and so far he has been locked down, likely by my guy Ikegwuonu...I can't tell for sure because I don't have the stupid Big Ten Network! Hardy has 2 catches for 8 yards at half. Ike should be a first round lock and Hardy has got to draw serious consideration with his production and measureables.

yo123
10-27-2007, 01:06 PM
People said that about Mike Williams too . . .

And Clarence Moore...size helps in the red zone, but body control and ball skills are more important, being able to get position on the CB is more important than being tall.

jbooshey
10-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Hardy was dominated today by Ikegwuonu...now people should stop putting Justin King ahead of Ike in the CB rankings. Ike is a top 5 CB in the nation regardless of class.

I still think Hardy is a very intriguing WR prospect however. I'll be intersted to see how fluid he is in his agility drills. I usually just see him running straight line routes, so I don't really know how agile he is.

mittelstaedt2007
10-27-2007, 05:00 PM
I was at the game today, and Ike followed Hardy all day long. He got absolutley nothing, except on an inside crossing route. It may be because Ike is that good, or the fact that Hardy also faced a double-team all day from Ike and our safety Shane Carter.

draftguru151
10-27-2007, 05:34 PM
I think somene in the game day thread said he had a 80 yarder called back, was that Hardy or am I mixing him up with someone else?

BadgerMike
10-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Guru,
There was a long run in which was called back because of a holding call on Hardy.

Just like last year, Ike jammed Hardy most of the time at the line of scrimmage disrupting his route. It looks like Ike is finally playing like most have come to believe he is capable.

draftguru151
10-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Ah, ok that makes sense. Good to see Ike is finally staying on the field.

derza222
11-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Just wanted to bump this thread a bit. In a draft without a clear cut top receiver, if Hardy declares could he be that guy? What are the odds he declares. I haven't seen any real tape on him though I have watched some games, and he does have a very impressive and fairly unique skill set.

I guess my real questions are how high does he have the potential to go in this draft, and what are the odds he bolts?

draftguru151
11-06-2007, 04:35 PM
No idea about the chances of him declaring but he definitely has the chance to be the top guy depending on who else comes out. I think Desean Jackson and Malcolm Kelly are higher right now but Hardy is very close, and all 3 are above the top senior.

derza222
11-06-2007, 04:54 PM
No idea about the chances of him declaring but he definitely has the chance to be the top guy depending on who else comes out. I think Desean Jackson and Malcolm Kelly are higher right now but Hardy is very close, and all 3 are above the top senior.

Might who goes first (out of those three) depend largely on what kind of wideout a team is looking for? Jackson is clearly a very different wideout than the other two, faster and more shifty after the catch if I'm correct. All three are solid deep threats, but Hardy and Kelly clearly are bigger and better jump-ball receivers than Jackson. Seems like although all three will be jockeying for position (depending on whether they come out) Hardy's and Kelly's numbers will be compared to each other more than Jackson's, because they're relatively similar and he's just a completely different kind of player.

Babylon
11-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Need to see what shakes out at the combine but right now i would rank them;

Early Doucet
Malcom Kelley
Jordy Nelson
Adarius Bowman
Desean Jackson
James Hardy

cardsalltheway
11-11-2007, 11:27 PM
And Clarence Moore...size helps in the red zone, but body control and ball skills are more important, being able to get position on the CB is more important than being tall.

The thing is, he's not just tall. He has shown the ability to be the go-to-guy in the redzone and when IU is down within the 20, teams know its going to Hardy, they know he's running the quick inside slant, and they still can't stop him. Clarence Moore had 5 touchdowns in his senior year, Hardy had double that in his freshman year, in which he only played 10 games. There is no comparison between the two other than they're both tall and lanky.

I remember last year that whenever Hardy's name came up, Scott would mention that he had some character issues, which makes sense since he's been charged with domestic abuse and was suspended at the start of his sophomore year for unknown reasons, likely behavorial. Do you know if NFL scouts and GM's are still worried about those things Scott? All charges against James have been both dropped/dismissed and it seems as if the girl accussing him was making the story up.

Crow
11-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Any rumors regarding his intentions yet?
Steroids are a bi...er...a motherf...um...

Hmm.

Steroids are bad, m'kay?

ShutDwn
11-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Depends on if IU goes to a bowl and wins. If they lose I think he has a high chance of coming back, if they win maybe not. Also depends on if he has a very good connection with Lynch, and Lewis.

NYGibril28
11-29-2007, 06:05 PM
He's going to be the recipient of so many shots to the knees from CBs. His career is going to be short at WR

While I understand the logic, this never made much sense to me. Hardy isn't a big physical guy, so because he's taller doesn't mean he's harder to bring down. Plus, with the way tackling fundamentals have slipped lately (too many people going for the big hit), he's going to get just as many shots around the knees as any other WR.

With RB's, like Jacobs, I agree, 'cause he's a big man, and good acceleration, but not Hardy. Hardy isn't going to be running with the ball as much as a tall RB would.

SuperKevin
11-29-2007, 06:13 PM
While I understand the logic, this never made much sense to me. Hardy isn't a big physical guy, so because he's taller doesn't mean he's harder to bring down. Plus, with the way tackling fundamentals have slipped lately (too many people going for the big hit), he's going to get just as many shots around the knees as any other WR.

With RB's, like Jacobs, I agree, 'cause he's a big man, and good acceleration, but not Hardy. Hardy isn't going to be running with the ball as much as a tall RB would.

Except that his knees are much higher up than most WRs making them easier to hit. What would be a shot to the thigh/hip of a 6 foot WR becomes a knee shot on Hardy

NYGibril28
11-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Except that his knees are much higher up than most WRs making them easier to hit. What would be a shot to the thigh/hip of a 6 foot WR becomes a knee shot on Hardy

It's also illegal to lead with the helmet, the impact of a shoulder going into your knee, and a helmet is a lot different.

SuperKevin
11-29-2007, 06:15 PM
It's also illegal to lead with the helmet, the impact of a shoulder going into your knee, and a helmet is a lot different.

A knee is a fragile place to get hit regadless of what you lead with

NYGibril28
11-29-2007, 06:16 PM
A knee is a fragile place to get hit regadless of what you lead with

Regardless, I don't think it happens that often in a game, that a Corner or Safety will go straight for the knee. I don't see it that often. I don't think it's as big as a concern as it's made out to be.

bored of education
11-29-2007, 06:26 PM
ZOMGZ JORDY NELZONZ

PACKmanN
11-29-2007, 06:35 PM
does James Hardy even have the speed to play WR in the NFL? I heard he has to move to TE...

NYGibril28
11-29-2007, 06:36 PM
does James Hardy even have the speed to play WR in the NFL? I heard he has to move to TE...

He's far to lanky to make the move to TE. He won't burn you, but he's deceptively quick. I don't think his 40 will be anything less than a 4.55