PDA

View Full Version : University of South Florida

Billingsley26
10-26-2007, 09:30 AM
I seriously dont understand why everyone has been knocking South Florida for strength of schedule. I really dont. If you aske me, they have beaten West Virginia, no one else has this year, and at Auburn who beat Florida, beat Arkansas and were 2 seconds away from beating LSU. What is the knock on them still?

Yea they lost to Rutgers, but it still goes before that. I just dont get it. Their defense is fo real, George Selvie is a best as is Ben Moffit. Matt Grothe makes plays.

They have not been blown out this year. They have won the big games that they needed to, and lost a tough one to Rutgers. They still have Louisville, UCONN and Cincinatti to finish it out.

Sniper
10-26-2007, 10:02 AM
I seriously dont understand why everyone has been knocking South Florida for strength of schedule. I really dont. If you aske me, they have beaten West Virginia, no one else has this year, and at Auburn who beat Florida, beat Arkansas and were 2 seconds away from beating LSU. What is the knock on them still?

Yea they lost to Rutgers, but it still goes before that. I just dont get it. Their defense is fo real, George Selvie is a best as is Ben Moffit. Matt Grothe makes plays.

They have not been blown out this year. They have won the big games that they needed to, and lost a tough one to Rutgers. They still have Louisville, UCONN and Cincinatti to finish it out.

Who's knocking USF's schedule????????????????

Turtlepower
10-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Who's knocking USF's schedule????????????????

If anything, people are saying they are the only legitimate team in the Big East because of their SOS.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-26-2007, 06:17 PM
a lot of these people on the forums when USF was number 2 asked "Who did USF beat?"

Sniper
10-26-2007, 06:18 PM
a lot of these people on the forums when USF was number 2 asked "Who did USF beat?"

Besides West Virginia and Auburn?

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-26-2007, 07:37 PM
USF wasnt the 2nd best team in the country even when they were ranked as such.They were still an awfully good team though.WVU isnt that hard to beat.

Billingsley26
10-26-2007, 07:48 PM

Besides West Virginia and Auburn you ask. HAHA, who has OSU beaten, and what have they done to deserve #1? USF I think has one of the best defenses in the nation, and a QB who never stops making plys. Beating WVU and Auburn in one month makes for one HELL of a team.

USF wasnt the 2nd best team in the country even when they were ranked as such.They were still an awfully good team though.WVU isnt that hard to beat.

Well, only 3 losses in 2 years, and they seem to be blowing out opponents left, right and centre. Seems to me to be a pretty tough opponent to beat.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-26-2007, 09:26 PM

so, those are 2 legit wins. People were trashing those wins as if they were easy(atleast on this board). They said those wins weren't impressive and no way they should be #2. Well who has BC beat, an overrated VT. Who has OSU beat? No one. The only team that might've been more deserving(but they were not) was LSU

Sniper
10-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Besides West Virginia and Auburn you ask. HAHA, who has OSU beaten, and what have they done to deserve #1? USF I think has one of the best defenses in the nation, and a QB who never stops making plys. Beating WVU and Auburn in one month makes for one HELL of a team.

Well, only 3 losses in 2 years, and they seem to be blowing out opponents left, right and centre. Seems to me to be a pretty tough opponent to beat.

It's called sarcasm Billingsley and Samardzija. I think USF is a very good team. Their OOC wins are the best in the country

Turtlepower
10-26-2007, 11:43 PM
There also a very young team. They lose Mike Jenkins, but they still have a lot of upside next year.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-27-2007, 04:34 PM
16-0 UCONN up at the half.

Billingsley26
10-27-2007, 05:54 PM
22-15 right now with 1:56 left in the game and USF on the UCONN 1 yard line.

NGSeiler
10-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Make that two losses now, w/ Louisville and Cincy still to go.

bustabinary
10-27-2007, 09:18 PM
USF is still a very strong football team. Their defense is wicked and virtually the only one to stop WVU in the past 3 years. I didn't think they were ever national championship contenders, but I always saw them as a possibility to win the Big East. Considering their ability to recruit and their good coaching staff, they have the potential to win it all in the coming years.

FinNasty
11-05-2007, 12:13 AM
How about now?

No team has ever been ranked as high as #2 in the nation... and been out of the top 25 within 3 weeks... ever...

Until this week...

srv fan
11-05-2007, 12:22 AM
This season still has to be considered an unqualified success for them. To go from just starting a program in '97 to being ranked number 2 for ANY length of time is incredible. They are a legit team, just not a top tier team. And they should be darn proud of that.

L6
11-05-2007, 02:28 PM
How about now?

No team has ever been ranked as high as #2 in the nation... and been out of the top 25 within 3 weeks... ever...

Until this week...
Is that true? http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2007&weekNumber=7&seasonType=2, look at their rankings for a min. See who was #2 week 6, then look at where they are week 9. LOL, i guess you just pulled that stat out of your ass because had you looked back even one week you would of seen that you were wrong.

UCFers are funny. As if you have any room to say a word after how bad we beat you. When was the last time you were ranked?

And regaurdless of how bad usf has been these past 3 weeks, they were worthy of #1 when they were up there, they had the most impressive resume at the time.