PDA

View Full Version : Scotty's 1st mock

scottyboy
10-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Ok, say rainy day, no school, and here's my first mock. Dont complain about order, it's espn's power rankings, and 1 round. Constructive criticism, got it? reasoning is excellent and KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

1: Miami Dolphins- Oh geez, where to go here? They've got a stud with Ronnie Brown, but he's gone for the year. Their OL hasn't been too bad actually. Long is a possibility, as is making a slight reach on a QB, but they've got Beck. So, to get their D on track with some youth, to pair up with Crowder, they're pick is...
Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

2: St. Louis Rams: Oh Rams, how you pain me with making Brian Leonard suffer through an awful season. No need at all for a RB with SJax and God, so DMac is ruled out. The OL just has been bad this year, granted it's been plagued by injuries, but it's been awful. Now, I know yoda hates Bulger, but with line woes, and lack of depth, i give them
Jake Long OT Michigan- can sit a year or 2, get ready and either succeed Pace, or line up with him on the other side.

3: New York Jets: Wow, couple options here. Considered drafting them their own stadium, but they have more pressing needs. Clemens will be a stud at QB, once Chad's arm finally falls off. Their D needs someone to get to the QB, badly. God, DMac is soo tempting here. LWash is a stud returner and playmakers, but is he an everydown back? I think not, but also feel Thomas Jones will get going again. Now, I'll give them Chris Long, but other viable options are Sam Baker, Loadholt, and DMac. So, at #3, the jets take
DE Chris Long, UVA

4: Atlanta Falcons: I feel bad for them, I really do. 2 busts on the roster as starting QB options(leftwich now hurt, but still). Turmoil all over, rookie head coach in the NFL, disgruntled star CB, locker room falling apart. Man oh man. I think, they gotta go BPA here to get on track. Dunn is aging FAST and Norwood, i love the kid, could use some help. Falcons opt for a 2 back exciting combo. Think of this as a Saints-Bush pick.
at #4, Falcons pick
Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas

5: Patriots f/SF: Oh god, the rich get richer. The pats are probably doing something else wrong too. damn cheaters. Say WTF do they need? youth at LB, and Laurinitis and Connor fit in perfectly. Now, a reach at CB or trade down are likely(trade down more likley), but I'm not doing trades. Pats stand pat(boo bad pun) and take:
Dan Connor, LB PSU

6: Oakland Raiders: How long till Russel starts huh? He's the QB of the future there, and they've got plenty of talented backs. I've seen Calias Campbell as popular pick here, and it makes sense. Another option i really like, is Desean Jackson though. He'd bring electricity to Oakland's O and KR and would fit nicely with his speed and Jamarcus' cannon. BUT, i see Campbell more of an option here
Calias Campbell DE, Miami(FL)

7: Minnesota Vikings: I dont know where to go here. I mean, do they dare go with a WR in round 1? get help for Jackson? I dont see it. They need a QB, give up on Jackson. Now, Brohm, Ryan or Woodson? Well, i know one guy here who loves this pick, and many who dont, but I'm giving them
Andre Woodson, Kentucky, QB

8: Buffalo Bills: Well, I like where this team is going. 2 young QB's, stud rookie RB and an improving D. Not many D players I'd give them here, and with Evans and Parrish, they need another playmaker on O. BUT WAIT!! Look who has taken a bit of a tumble! It's Kenny Philips! He and Whitner would be a dominant young duo for a while. Or do they go Jackson? well, with Mcgee locking up return status, I go with
Kenny Philips, Safety, Miami(FL)

9: New Orleans Saints: What a difference a year makes, huh? top dogs to top 10. ouch. They need a CB and LB. Where do they go here? May be a bit of a reach, but I'm gonna go with
Keith Rivers, OLB USC- Jackson intruiged me here, but Saints go witha bigger need.

10: Cincinatti Bengals: DEFENSE PLEASE!!!! screams out ocho cinco. ok ocho, I've got a pick here that'll help that D of yours...
Derrick Harvery DE, Florida

11: Philadelphia Eagles: Wow, is the Iggles era fading? Kolb is the future there, it's obvious. Reggie Brown, where art thou? Give Kolb some future weapons and give him the speedy threat of a guy who can hold on to punts too..
Desean Jackson, WR, Cal

12: Houston Texans: Houston, not in the top 10!!! wow. Well, they've neglected OL for quite some time now. Same with RB, but Green is servicable for them, and RB's are availible later in the draft for them. Now, i dont have Loadholt coming out, so the pick here is
OT Sam Baker, USC

13: Arizona Cardinals: Well, Leinart is their QB of the future, and they're set at WR, and Edge is still pretty good. They need some D, and i think a pass rusher would be the best for them. THey just need some D, so I'm giving them
DE/OLB Vernon Gholston OSU

14: Dallas Cowboys(f/Cle): Stupid Cowboys, picking having 2 1st rounders. you anger me. Well, the brownies are winning more than they were supposed to, and DMac, Jackson and Dorsey are gone. Well, I feel they need some more meat up in the middle, and another WR. CB is another possiblity.. well where do i see them going?
Sedrick Ellis, DT USC

15: Chicago Bears: I think the best pick for them would be Baker, but he's gone, and I'm not so high on Clady or Cherlius. Now, Rex, well he's going soon and Griese is old. It's kinda obvious to see where I'm going here, but which of the 2 do i go with?? hmmm...
Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

16: Denver Broncos: Well, this pick may be a bit of a surprise to some, but i think it makes sense. I recently found out, Rod Smith CANT play forever, go figure, so where they go here?
Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma

17: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Well, this team's got youth on the OL and some pretty decent skill players. Their D does need to get younger, but it all came down to this, do they trust Simms or Gradkowski for the future? do they go far the future here? or more for now? I say now, and they pick
Ryan Clady, OT, Boise Sate- Pettigout blows, and LT is the missing link on a great young OL

18: Seattle Seahawks: Who is this team? they are so unbelievably inconsistent. And that Shaun Alexander guy? over rated. they make a pretty big statement here and get a nice playmaker...
Steve Slaton, RB, WVU

19: Baltimore Ravens: OH my, a Baltimore wet dream. Boller? i say not the future, and McNair has lost alot. Now, I HIGHLY doubt this guy falls, i think somone trades up earlier, but hell, the pick is
Brian Brohm, QB Lousiville

20: Kansas City Chiefs: Their OL, getting old and well, not good. Croyle's got some talent, as does Huard, but they need some time. LJ with a good line is pretty scary. I'm not big onthis guy, but he fits the bill
Gosder Cherlius, OT, Boston College

21: Carolina Panthers: I really think they trade up and snag one of the 3 QB's. If Colt was playing better, he'd be a possible fit here. Where do they go? well, I'm a fan of this kid, who would fit in well here, but unfortunately may get tainted by Tim Lewis..
Jonathan Hefney, Safety, Tennesse

22: Detroit Lions: *Insert cliche Lions drafting a WR joke here*. Defense, defense, defense. That's how i feel. With no Dre' Bly, they go with a CB, a guy who probably shouldnt last this long...
Malcolm Jenkins, CB OSU

23: Washington Redskins: Hey, lets draft a safety!! eh, Lions WR jokes are better. Anyway, they need better run stuffing on the DL, here, their man is
Frank Okam, DT, Texas

24: San Diego Chargers: Well, the team in whales vagina has gotten back on track. I dont know much about them, but a stud LB next to Roidman would be a devastating combo...
James Laurinitis, LB, OSU

25: Tennesse Titans: I think, come april, they'll be much higher, but for now, they're here. Young needs some freakin WR's man. Dont really like the guy, but give him a quality young WR. And why not his old teammate?
Limas Sweed, WR, Texas

26: Jacksonville Jaguars: Ok, a very good WR has fallen to them. BUT they've had bad WR 1st luck in the past, so lets just look right past Doucet, and.. NOOO we cant pass him up...
Early Doucet, WR, LSU

27: Pittsburgh Steelers: A guy i think who'd fit pretty nicely in their 3-4 system falls, and well, why not grab him?
DE/OLB Quentin Groves, Auburn

28: Green Bay Packers: OK, so Stewart falls, Pack need a RB, really, no explanation is needed. Jackson is a talented back, and nickel CB is a need, but ehh it's stewart or Jenkins, I'm giving them
Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon

29: New York Giants: OK, we need a LB, safety and CB. Out of those 3, the best value is easily CB. call me biased, but I hate Jenkins because he goes to USF. I also really like this kid from Arizona, names
Antoine Cason, CB, 'Zona- him and Ross form a great yound tandem

30: Dallas Cowboys: Ok, i already gave them a big boy in the middle, now? How about a CB? To me, it's between Jenkins, and Bowman at WR. I give them
Mike Jenkins, CB, USF

31: Indianpolis Colts: This team, has not to many holes. But, i think they could upgrade at OG. So, the best rated OG is...
Eric Young, OG, Tennesse

32: pats r cheaters

again, constructive comments, correct my mistakes and all that jazz

derza222
10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
From what I've heard Chris Long actually weighs less than his listed 280, which might be too light for a 3-4 DE in the NFL anyway. But regardless, I'm pretty sure he's not a good fit for the scheme that we run. If you were doing trades, I'd suggest a trade down, but since you don't McFadden is probably the best option. I'd have a hard time taking a right tackle (Loadholt) with a top 3 pick because the value there is just really bad. And I think Baker, like Chris Long, isn't even an option because I don't think he's that great of a fit for the right side. More of a pass protector than a run blocker, and while pass protection is nice we're better off waiting till the second or third to get a road grader that isn't bad in pass pro.

Also, although Harvey is a solid pick there, the Bengals could be hard pressed to pass on Sed Ellis, who is a really talented interior player. The Bengals could probably use more help at end than inside at tackle, but I think with a defense as terrible as theirs is they go for the best available defensive player besides a corner, at least if there's a significant difference in value. I guess you could go either way, especially if you think Harvey is better than Ellis, but I wouldn't pass up a better player to fit a bigger need.

SuperMcGee
10-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Safety is not a need for the Bills. We have two very good, young starters and a lot of backup depth. A safety at #8 is hardly a BPA scenario, so I don't care if you think he took "a bit of a tumble"

neko4
10-26-2007, 01:56 PM
For Green Bay
CB is a WAAAAAAAAAAAAY bigger need
Brandon Jackson is only a rookie
Deshawn Wynn is only a rookie
Vernand Morency has only played 3 years
Noah Herron is on IR
Ryan Grant is pretty much a rookie

At CB
Harris is 32
Woodson is 31
Jarret Bush is our biggest weakness in the secondary

Sniper
10-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Doubtful the Eagles take Jackson. They're not too fond of first round wideouts, and for some reason they love Curtis. Reggie's struggling but he's shown some signs of life the past couple of weeks. Personally I wouldn't mind a WR/PR/KR, but the Eagles don't value the position(s).

Sam Baker, Malcolm Jenkins, Gholston (maybe) would be fine and dandy here. Those are all positions the Eagles covet more than a wideout.

Baker: Thomas and Runyan are old. The much-maligned Winston Justice is a good fit at RT and isn't as bad as he showed at LT. Another bookend is very possible.

Jenkins: Will James sucks. End of story. Lito is oft-injured, so a good CB makes sense.

Gholston: Very much in the same mold as the soon to be gone Jevon Kearse. Howard won't make it past this year either

Sniper
10-26-2007, 01:59 PM
For Green Bay
CB is a WAAAAAAAAAAAAY bigger need
Brandon Jackson is only a rookie
Deshawn Wynn is only a rookie
Vernand Morency has only played 3 years
Noah Herron is on IR
Ryan Grant is pretty much a rookie

At CB
Harris is 32
Woodson is 31
Jarret Bush is our biggest weakness in the secondary

Woodson still rules

Crow
10-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Campbell looks like the talented underachiever that Al seems to be drawn to, but I'm hopeful that Kiffin gets enough pull in the war room to steer Al clear of the guy.

Sed Ellis in a 3-4 defense? That's pretty questionable. Even in Wade's 1 gap scheme, I really don't think he's the right type of lineman.

Giving Oakland Ellis and Dallas someone like Clady would make a lot of sense.

Oh, as for "...and they've (Oakland) got plenty of talented backs", that's simply not the case. Jordan and Rhodes both figure to be gone after this season, especially if Michael Bush is ready. Beyond Bush, there's nothing to write home about, and we still don't know for certain that he's for real.

Turtlepower
10-26-2007, 02:07 PM
I can't believe that not one Rutgers player was mentioned in the mock.

As for Cason, I still think he is too much like Ross as a corner, but he is the best value there is King, Talib, and Reggie Smith don't come out.

cordscords
10-26-2007, 02:18 PM
The ground game situation is so mis-understood to non GB fans. We dont want, and we wont take, a RB in the 1st.

Cason or Jenkins please.

thule
10-26-2007, 02:28 PM
2 AFC teams in the superbowl...way to go >_>

Bills2083
10-26-2007, 02:41 PM
I dont see us drafting a safety. We have Whitner and Simpson. 2 young, talented safeties. We dont need another starter. Maybe a back up tho.

Turtlepower
10-26-2007, 02:45 PM
2 AFC teams in the superbowl...way to go >_>

He uses ESPN's power rankings. Simple as that. The first line answers your post.

Crazy_Chris
10-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Matt Ryan is a better fit than Andre Woodson. Hell even Kenny Phillips would be a better pick.

skinzzfan25
10-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Okam doesn't have the motor to play in a Gregg Williams defense. Besides we already have some good up and coming players at DT.

Heck, I'd rather have Laurenitis and convert M.Washington to DE. Or any possession WR.

Travis 24
10-26-2007, 05:33 PM
No complaints if we got Jackson...really need a playmaker at WR, KR and PR so badly..

Ravens1991
10-26-2007, 05:40 PM
getting Brohm is a dream come true!

scottyboy
10-26-2007, 05:43 PM
getting Brohm is a dream come true!

yes, i thought it would please Ravens fans!

no take it easy guys, I forgot about Ko in Buffalo, and sorry for not knowing the vikes system and which QB would fit better, jeez. This was my first one and i used espn's rankings. In a bit, taking advice and criticism etc, I'll use my own rankings and perhaps throw in a trade or 2

neko4
10-26-2007, 05:46 PM
I think GB should get Courtney Green or Devin McCourty

scottyboy
10-26-2007, 05:50 PM
I think GB should get Courtney Green or Devin McCourty

HA, why should they be so blessed. They already have Clark Harris. Share the godliness, geez.

Bearsfan123
10-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Bears got the best Qb, I like ^_^

Vikes99ej
10-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I like the pick.

neko4
10-26-2007, 06:58 PM
HA, why should they be so blessed. They already have Clark Harris. Share the godliness, geez.

We cut his ass like paper

Caddy
10-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Actually, Petitgout was playing great this year so he does not 'blow'. However he can be upgraded which makes the pick a good one. With his injury status unknown, better safe than sorry.

scottyboy
10-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Actually, Petitgout was playing great this year so he does not 'blow'. However he can be upgraded which makes the pick a good one. With his injury status unknown, better safe than sorry.

I've seen Pettigout play more than you have, trust me he does blow haha. He's always hurt too. I thought it'd give you guys a dominant young OL. so glad ya like it

49ers169
10-26-2007, 07:58 PM
The 49ers have the Colts pick.

Caddy
10-26-2007, 08:28 PM
I've seen Pettigout play more than you have, trust me he does blow haha. He's always hurt too. I thought it'd give you guys a dominant young OL. so glad ya like it

You've seen him play more for the Buc's than me? I don't care about how he played in New York. The fact is, this year, he played great and was just the veteran presence (Wade doesn't really count) the line needed. I'm not saying the pick is a bad one, because it is good, it's just that the reasoning is poor.

scottyboy
10-26-2007, 08:36 PM
You've seen him play more for the Buc's than me? I don't care about how he played in New York. The fact is, this year, he played great and was just the veteran presence (Wade doesn't really count) the line needed. I'm not saying the pick is a bad one, because it is good, it's just that the reasoning is poor.

well, he may be having a good season, but G-men fans will tell ya, that's pretty rare haha. He hasnt played much due to injury right? well, it doenst matter if you think my reasoning is off b/c you like the pick :D

Caddy
10-26-2007, 09:36 PM
well, he may be having a good season, but G-men fans will tell ya, that's pretty rare haha. He hasnt played much due to injury right? well, it doenst matter if you think my reasoning is off b/c you like the pick :D

I'm just one of those guys who is perfectly happy with any player a mock maker gives Tampa, provided they can justify the pick in a logical manner.

scottyboy
10-26-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm just one of those guys who is perfectly happy with any player a mock maker gives Tampa, provided they can justify the pick in a logical manner.

well, I'll admit i havent seen any of Luke this year in Tampa, but know he was hurt. I think of him as a liability really, thats why i made that pick. It makes sense to me, and you too as a buc fan.

Turtlepower
10-26-2007, 11:36 PM
I thought Petitgout started 4 games, and is now out for the season?

Caddy
10-27-2007, 12:06 AM
I thought Petitgout started 4 games, and is now out for the season?

Uh yeah. I think we established that on page 1.

aNYtitan
10-27-2007, 12:14 AM
No, no, no. The Titans do not need a slow, possession WR, even though he was Young's favorite option down in Texas. We need to upgrade our offensive speed, so someone like Early Doucet would be a fine pick, or imo someone like Rey Mauluagua would be the best pick.

Dam8610
10-27-2007, 12:55 AM
The 49ers have the Colts pick.

True, but if you plan to do any mock drafts with more rounds, DT is the Colts' biggest need.

Cashmoney
10-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Gotta agree with anytitan, not a big fan of the sweed pick. id almost guarantee wed pick earl bennett over sweed if malcolm kelly is gone or maybe we'd go james hardy. also a heads up, i think jon hefney would be lucky to get drafted day one at this point let alone first round. he'd probably 5'8 and he hasn't tackled well at all this year. definitely the biggest dissappointment on the vols this year.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-27-2007, 09:15 AM
I still think king or smith would be better for us than cason.