PDA

View Full Version : Worst player in recent franchise history

no love
10-28-2007, 05:33 AM
So name the worst player for your team in recent franchise history. It can be a bust like Tim Couch or Ryan Leaf, or simply someone who was so bad that they single handedly brought down entire seasons.

I was inspired by this recent article.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/news/view.php?id=11698

Not everyone knows the Owen Pochman's of other franchises, so please drop some knowledge on us.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-28-2007, 05:38 AM
Alvis Whitted has been the bane of Oakland fans since he joined the team in 2003. He had speed, but he flat out never did anything on the field and yet kept making team for no real reason.

There have been more prominent failures playing for the Raiders recently, but none was as mystifying at Whitted.

The Unseen
10-28-2007, 05:50 AM
Fernando Bryant, Hugh Douglas, and Jonathan Quinn come to mind.

Jakey
10-28-2007, 05:51 AM
I cant think of many for the steelers, but the one that sticks out the most is Ricardo Colclough- he got drafted in the second round (2004) to be a corner/return man. So far he's done nothing at corner, he shows no passion or drive to win (or even play). He hasnt really picked up our defensive schemes, he fumbles on returns, and he's been overtaken on the depth chart by rookie William G*y. He is a complete waste of money and a roster spot.

Addict
10-28-2007, 06:00 AM
C-Rog, Harrington, BMW, Lehman, Woody, Kennedy, Edwards, Hall

who didn't bring the lions down?

remix 6
10-28-2007, 06:55 AM
Monty Beisel . LB ..was a Chief..we got him and now hes a Cardinal. Talk about being run over every single play . He was a terrible LB. Maybe Duane Starks..couldnt cover to save his life..and he weas a pro bowler few years before?

lorenzen tried to tackle LT so many times with his arms. he got run over by Jared Lorenzen i preseason before he got cut

Starks got ripped by Willie McGinest after he got cut.

Caddy
10-28-2007, 06:59 AM
Tim Brown and Todd Steussie come to mind. Both were well past their primes and were expected to do so much more than they could offer.

neko4
10-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Ahmad Carroll
Jamal Reynolds
Bubba Franks last year
Marquan Manuel

Matthew Jones
10-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Monty Beisel and Duane Starks were good ones for the Patriots. It's not like they had many bad players on their roster any of the years. I'd also like to nominate Guss Scott and Dexter Reid, two terrible safeties who made me "WTF?" on draft day as well.

remix 6
10-28-2007, 07:33 AM
Monty Beisel and Duane Starks were good ones for the Patriots. It's not like they had many bad players on their roster any of the years. I'd also like to nominate Guss Scott and Dexter Reid, two terrible safeties who made me "WTF?" on draft day as well.

i'll give Scott a pass on this because he was injured so many times. Reid was a good STer..but when we needed him to play like 10 plays on defense..WOW. he was LOST in coverage.

plus they were 3-4th rounders while Starks was an ex pro bowler and simply couldnt cover fast or slow WRs.

Beisel made me sick. talk about NOT being what a LB is supposed to be?

i could've said Bethel Johnson but he contributed on ST a lot and won us a few games so i leave him out. he might be my "dissapointment" lightning speed..built WR but just never learned to catch or run routes.

skinzzfan25
10-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Mike Barrow. I don't think he played more than 2 games as a Redskin. And we payed him some pretty good cash.

AkiliSmith
10-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Tory James for the Bengals last season.

WMD
10-28-2007, 09:05 AM

You forgot Fernando Bryant. Rick DeMulling sucked as well..

Oh, and how about Billy Schroeder?

OzTitan
10-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Lamont Thompson, easily.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Ian Gold.aaaaaaaaaa

zoinks
10-28-2007, 09:46 AM
For the Titans, I'm tempted to say S Lamont Thompson, but the team really had nothing invested in the guy. On this one, I gotta go with CB Andre Woolfolk.

The Titans spent their first round pick in 2003 on Woolfolk, only to see him miss most of his first two years with various injuries. He inherited the starting job after the departures of Samari Rolle and Andre Dyson, but held the position for only four weeks before losing it to a 7th round rookie Reynaldo Hill.

By 2006, Woolfolk was clearly finished. QB's licked their chops when they saw him, and he gave up big plays virtually every time he stepped on the field. After sustaining yet another hamstring injury in camp this year, Woolfolk was given an injury settlement and unceremoniously released.

The sad part is, he really showed signs of progress in his first couple years...he just couldn't stay healthy. Eventually the injuries took their toll, and you could see that the guy's confidence was shot. Too bad, too....he's purported to be a good guy, with very strong moral character. Unfortunately, he's just not a good ball player.

PoopSandwich
10-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Tim Couch
Courtney Brown
Gerrard Warren
William Green
Jeff Faine
Entire offensive line all the way up until this year (The unit, some players were good but the unit sucked in general)
Quincy Morgan
Dennis Dropcutt

I could just keep going, our talent level has blown for so many years.

Bills2083
10-28-2007, 09:53 AM
MIKE WILLIAMS and ROB JOHNSON

JCutlery
10-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Willie Middlebrooks
Ashley Lelie
Maurice Clarett
someone mentioned Gold..

bearsfan_51
10-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Jonathan Quinn. Quite possibly the worst quarterback ever.

Canadian_draft_fan
10-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Mike Barrow. I don't think he played more than 2 games as a Redskin. And we payed him some pretty good cash.

Yeah - Barrow go hurt early in '04 camp and actually never played a down for the Redskins.
But my nomination is for Adam Archuleta. I expected big things from him and Taylor and he just sucked so bad he was benched for ancient Troy Vincent at mid-season. He is an in the box safety with ZERO coverage skills (as Bear fans are finding out). To me he held back Taylor's development because Taylor had to try to cover all his mistakes.

Canadian_draft_fan
10-28-2007, 09:58 AM

No argument there. He came up to Winnipeg last season and sucked in the pass crazy CFL. He was cut near the end of the season and I haven't heard from him since.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Akili Smith was with us for a short time.

Pit Bull #53
10-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Going recently and without thinking too hard, I'd have to go with Andre Woolfolk since we used a 1st round pick on him.

T-RICH49
10-28-2007, 10:09 AM
For the Chiefs:

Jonathan Quinn
Kendrell Bell
Shawn Barber
Lawerance Tynes
Dexter McCleon
Vonnie Holliday

Twiddler
10-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Ahmad Carroll. Without a doubt for me. Never have I seen someone so physically talented yet so stupid when it comes to getting penalties just his play in general. Waste of talent, and thank you Charles Woodson.

Mr. Stiller
10-28-2007, 11:05 AM
I cant think of many for the steelers, but the one that sticks out the most is Ricardo Colclough- he got drafted in the second round (2004) to be a corner/return man. So far he's done nothing at corner, he shows no passion or drive to win (or even play). He hasnt really picked up our defensive schemes, he fumbles on returns, and he's been overtaken on the depth chart by rookie William G*y. He is a complete waste of money and a roster spot.

True, but lets not overlook:

1) Alonzo Jackson ~ Didn't even do well enough to secure a roster spot 2 years after being drafted in round 2.

2) Kendall Simmons ~ Quite possibly the worst offensive lineman in the NFL. He's a great Pulling guard. That ends his effectiveness. He can't push anyone around in the run game and he can't pass block to save his life. He's given up 60% of the teams total sacks this year.

3) Troy Edwards ~ A little older but this kid couldn't even cut being the #4 WR for the Jaguars 3 years after we used a first round pick on him.

4) Colclough ~ sure he's not too good, but he looked solid his rookie season and regressed. He's also atleast still on the team.

MaxV
10-28-2007, 11:12 AM
For the Colts:

Gilbert Gardner
Josh Williams

Cashmoney
10-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Tyrone Calico
La"Miss" Thompson
Andre Woolfolk
Rich Gardener
Michael Waddell
Mike Echols
Pretty much our whole back-up secondary that we've drafted.

The Dynasty
10-28-2007, 11:20 AM
MIKE WILLIAMS and ROB JOHNSON

Lmao, I remember when they picked Rob Johnson over Flutie Lmao. Everyone in buffalo wanted Flutie and they picked Johnson. Bye Bye to Flutie Flakes :(.

One name i can think of for the Vikings is the one and only Whizzanator.

SchizophrenicBatman
10-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Sean Gilbert
Chris Weinke

draftguru151
10-28-2007, 12:04 PM
AJ Feeley. And 90% of the current roster.

BuckNaked
10-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Will Erasmus James ever play?

P-L
10-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Although he had a lot of competition, I'd say Rick DeMulling. Sometimes I thought the Lions OL would be better if they lined no one up at LG.

yo123
10-28-2007, 01:09 PM
For the Vikings- Eric Kelly, Troy Williamson, Mike Rosenthal, and Ryan Cook

rainbeaukid2
10-28-2007, 01:47 PM
any player from the donahue drafting era for the niners

NYGibril28
10-28-2007, 03:09 PM
William Joseph
Ron Dayne

jackalope
10-28-2007, 03:26 PM
For the Packers, I would have to give it to Ahmad Carrol. Way too many penalties. I was so happy when he got cut.

Ewing
10-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Lamont Thompson, without quesiton. I'd argue he was the worst starting player in the NFL last season.

Splat
10-28-2007, 05:07 PM
For the Chiefs:

Jonathan Quinn
Kendrell Bell
Shawn Barber
Lawerance Tynes
Dexter McCleon
Vonnie Holliday

I would not list Barber he was playing all right before he started getting hurt you have to say Ryan Sims.

Vince Lombardi
10-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Ahmad Carroll

Ahmad by far. I'm sure it's happened before but never, in 20+ years of watching football, do I recall seeing a player play so awful in a game that he got fired the next day, and a former 1st round pick at that. :rolleyes:

mqtirishfan
10-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Ahmad Carrol was definitely top 2, but I can't think of anybody worse than Jamal Reynolds. At least Carroll was a bottom of the first round guy. Reynolds was taken top 10, and he was pathetic.

23trufant
10-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Tom Ashworth - holy **** he could not be any worse its almost a joke

bored of education
10-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Ryan Sims!!!

nvot9
10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Possibly Anthony Becht?

princefielder28
10-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Like the other Green Bay fans said Ahmad Carroll

Man_Of_Steel
10-28-2007, 09:39 PM
True, but lets not overlook:

1) Alonzo Jackson ~ Didn't even do well enough to secure a roster spot 2 years after being drafted in round 2.

2) Kendall Simmons ~ Quite possibly the worst offensive lineman in the NFL. He's a great Pulling guard. That ends his effectiveness. He can't push anyone around in the run game and he can't pass block to save his life. He's given up 60% of the teams total sacks this year.

3) Troy Edwards ~ A little older but this kid couldn't even cut being the #4 WR for the Jaguars 3 years after we used a first round pick on him.

4) Colclough ~ sure he's not too good, but he looked solid his rookie season and regressed. He's also atleast still on the team.

I agree with Alonzo Jackson being #1. Also worth a mention is Fred Gibson.

Basileus777
10-28-2007, 09:47 PM
For the Chiefs:

Jonathan Quinn
Kendrell Bell
Shawn Barber
Lawerance Tynes
Dexter McCleon
Vonnie Holliday

You missed the biggest waste in recent years, Ryan Sims. That guy set back our defense for years. His failure not only left a gaping hole at DT, but also led us to waste draft picks on other busts like Siavii. Imagine if we had drafted Henderson instead...

zCaddyz
10-28-2007, 10:16 PM
kenyatta walker
jacqezcjnldfj green
Will allen
chirs simms

EdReedUnstoppable
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM
STEVE McNAIR!
Will Demps
Gary Baxter
Tony Pashos
Bennie Anderson
Orlando Brown
Chester Taylor

But most of all STEVE McNAIR RETIRE I HATE YOU YOU SUCK!

GB12
10-28-2007, 10:24 PM

Were the Lions ever "up" to begin with?

P-L
10-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Were the Lions ever "up" to begin with?

Yeah, can I introduce you to the year 1957? LOL.

Don Vito
10-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Patriots- Tully Banta-Cain, DE/OLB

Now a niner, Banta-Cain waited in the wings to be a starting pass rusher and when he got his chance last season he absolutely blew.

Hawk
10-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Yeah, can I introduce you to the year 1957? LOL.

My dad was born that year:rolleyes:

GREEN BAY FANS!!?!?!

how can your forget the great Joe Johnson? Remember he was that great DE that Sherman brought it that was gonna make our defense something special.......

and Ferguson, Jamal Reynolds, Hardy Nickerson, Hannibal Navies, Marques Anderson, Terrence Murphy(not his fault), ahmad effin carroll, adrian klemm, will whitticker, that other scrub OL that was brought in last year from TB, antuan edwards, clitoris hunt, blow job sander, joey thomas, fred vinson, taco wallace, etc etc

HoopsDemon12
10-28-2007, 11:03 PM
STEVE McNAIR!
Will Demps
Gary Baxter
Tony Pashos
Bennie Anderson
Orlando Brown
Chester Taylor

But most of all STEVE McNAIR RETIRE I HATE YOU YOU SUCK!

that avatar is BADASS!!! not even kidding.. best one i have seen

Turtlepower
10-28-2007, 11:06 PM
G-Men: Kerry Collins anyone?

DaBears9654
10-28-2007, 11:55 PM
It depends on how "recent" you mean. If you're talking about within the last decade, 1st rounders Curtis Enis ('98) and Cade McNown ('99) were quite possibly the 2 hugest busts in franchise history.

no love
10-29-2007, 02:15 AM
any player from the donahue drafting era for the niners

Joselio Hanson also comes to mind. God that guy sucked. For a while Kwame Harris was the bane of my existence, but he was a good run blocker so he is not the worst...

nobodyinparticular
10-29-2007, 02:22 AM

Rick Mirer says hello.

Crow
10-29-2007, 06:20 AM
Everyone who's played safety for Oakland in the last 15 or so years not named Eric Turner, Rod Woodson, Renaldo Hill, or Michael Huff.

Go to any board I used to frequent and use the term "Raiders safety", and they'll know you mean someone who couldn't take the right angle to the ball carrier if they were given a protractor and 3 chances to get it right. We've led the league in bad safety play for as long as I can remember. Ray Buchanan, Derrick Gibson, Anthony Dorsett, Marques Pope, Calvin Branch, Stuart Scwiegert, Marques Anderson, the list just goes on.

Randal Williams comes to mind. Unrelentingly bad football player.

Daunte Culpepper, Josh McCown, Aaron Brooks, Kerry Collins, Rob Johnson, Tee Martin, and the above mentioned Rick Mirer have all taken turns sucking ass for us. I hope like hell Dumbte Bumfuggled won't get many more opportunities to embarrass himself on our behalf.

Randy Moss was easily the biggest waste of a top 10 draft pick in recent memory. Even more so than Robert Gallery.

But, for Oakland, you can't talk about horrendous football without mentioning some of our all star kickers.

Michael "Como esta" Husted (No comprende!)
Cole "Shoot 'em up" Ford
Sebastian "Shank" Janikowski, although he's attempting to redeem himself this year, apparently.

I'm forgetting a kicker, I think. There must have been another. We've sucked there for so long...

jackalope
10-29-2007, 07:18 AM
My dad was born that year:rolleyes:

GREEN BAY FANS!!?!?!

how can your forget the great Joe Johnson? Remember he was that great DE that Sherman brought it that was gonna make our defense something special.......

and Ferguson, Jamal Reynolds, Hardy Nickerson, Hannibal Navies, Marques Anderson, Terrence Murphy(not his fault), ahmad effin carroll, adrian klemm, will whitticker, that other scrub OL that was brought in last year from TB, antuan edwards, clitoris hunt, blow job sander, joey thomas, fred vinson, taco wallace, etc etc

Can't believe I forgot some of those guys. BJ Sanders was terrible. I don't know how a punter can be such a big bust, or why Sherman took him in the 3rd. I hated Hunt. Did anyone ever sign him after we cut him? Ferguson was a disappointment every year. Imagine if we'd taken Chambers.

Scarface
10-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Kellen Winslow Jr- Cleveland Browns- He fumbled against the patriots which led to a score and blew the spread so i lost 600 dollars.

SuperKevin
10-29-2007, 07:59 AM
The Bills have a had a few bums but I think it'd have to go to DE Erik Flowers. The guy was our 1st round pick in 2000, picked 26th overall and spent a whopping 2 seasons in Buffalo before we cut him. he started only 5 games in his career at Buffalo.

QB Rob Johnson is another tempting choice seeing how he was the guy who started the unstable QB situation the Bills have had for a decade

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Tim Carter, Luke Petipuke, Will Allen, Shaun Williams, William Joseph and James Butler. Corey Webster will be on this list shortly if he can't make the move to safety. But all these guys pale in comparison to both of our co-ordinators last year, I don't want to say their names for fear of angering the football gods

robswinga
10-29-2007, 11:12 AM
49ers

Jim Druckenmiller (1st rd pick)
Giovanni Carmazzi (3rd rd pick)
Todd Kelly (1st rd pick)
Gabe Wilkins ("big name" free agent)
Israel Ifeayni (2nd rd pick)

Might as well add Kwame Harris to the list, but at least he's started some games for San Fran, unlike the above listed.

no love
10-29-2007, 01:13 PM
You forgot the great Reggie Mcgrew. 1st round pick, 3 seasons - 10 tackles and 1 sack.

Mr. Stiller
10-29-2007, 01:31 PM
I agree with Alonzo Jackson being #1. Also worth a mention is Fred Gibson.

Difference being Fred Gibson was a 4th rounder.

I could've mentioned Trai Essex. Was widely considered a 6th round to UDFA type and we grabbed him in the 3rd. He did well for 2 games and then found an endless buffett.

drowe
10-29-2007, 01:45 PM
for the packers...people have covered most of the obvious (ahmad carroll, joe johnson) but the 2 free agent safties (mark roman and marquand manuel) that were supposed to be the answer and ended up bringing the whole secondary down need some consideration...but in the end, Carroll gets my vote.

Jughead10
10-29-2007, 01:49 PM
How far back are we going? Should I bring up Dave Brown. Oh yes, I just uttered the name that shall not be said. Real recently, Corey Webster. He is absolutely horrible. 2nd round pick in his third year who is playing behind a rookie (although a 1st rounder), an aging veteran, and a second year UDFA.

Addict
10-29-2007, 01:50 PM
The Bills have a had a few bums but I think it'd have to go to DE Erik Flowers. The guy was our 1st round pick in 2000, picked 26th overall and spent a whopping 2 seasons in Buffalo before we cut him. he started only 5 games in his career at Buffalo.

QB Rob Johnson is another tempting choice seeing how he was the guy who started the unstable QB situation the Bills have had for a decade

hey at least you now have trent edwards.

Freddy G
10-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Just off the top of my head....William Green, Lee Suggs (injuries), Ross Verba, Ralph Brown, Chris Crocker, Travis Wilson, Kelly Holcomb, anyone that was on Cleveland OL that is not currently on it, Gerrard Warren, Kevin Bentley, Warrick Holdman, Ebenezer Ekubon.....actually, pretty much everyone during the Butch Davis era not named Sean Jones, K2, Leigh Bodden, or Ryan Pontbriand (long snapper).

As for today, our entire DL excpept for Simon Fraser who is just a rotational guy, All WRs not named Braylon (JJ is decent), and our RBs.

Jughead10
10-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Just off the top of my head....William Green, Lee Suggs (injuries), Ross Verba, Ralph Brown, Chris Crocker, Travis Wilson, Kelly Holcomb, anyone that was on Cleveland OL that is not currently on it, Gerrard Warren, Kevin Bentley, Warrick Holdman, Ebenezer Ekubon.....actually, pretty much everyone during the Butch Davis era not named Sean Jones, K2, Leigh Bodden, or Ryan Pontbriand (long snapper).

As for today, our entire DL excpept for Simon Fraser who is just a rotational guy, All WRs not named Braylon (JJ is decent), and our RBs.

What is the deal with Travis Wilson? He's not panning out?

someone447
10-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Ahmad Carroll
Jamal Reynolds
Bubba Franks last year
Marquan Manuel

Easily Ahmad Carroll
Those other guys were bad, but they didn't single handedly lose games.

PoopSandwich
10-29-2007, 02:48 PM
What is the deal with Travis Wilson? He's not panning out?

He sucks...

Every practice I've been to he burns a corner then drops it, or does something stupid, he sucked in preseason and there is a reason he can't get playing time over TIM CARTER.

Jughead10
10-29-2007, 02:49 PM
He sucks...

Every practice I've been to he burns a corner then drops it, or does something stupid, he sucked in preseason and there is a reason he can't get playing time over TIM CARTER.

Ouch. I know how bad Tim Carter sucks.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Mike Rumph was easily the worst DB to ever play the game.

bigbluedefense
10-29-2007, 06:17 PM

Arch was a major mistake too no? How did you guys manage to get out of that salary cap mess? Was it an incentive layden deal?

BigJohn98
10-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Matt Jones.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Arch was a major mistake too no? How did you guys manage to get out of that salary cap mess? Was it an incentive layden deal?

From what I understand only half of the 30 mil was guaranteed, and the Bears agreed to pick up most of it, and we agreed to a 5 mil buyout and is off the books this year, that's what I understood from it. Certainly a great job to get rid of that crap although if we just signed Ryan Clark to his 10 mil contract all of that would have been avoided.

DeathbyStat
10-29-2007, 06:42 PM
For the Steelers Alonzo Jackson or Troy Edwards

GermanSaint
10-29-2007, 06:45 PM
jonathan sullivan = we spent two first rounders for him
courtney watson = released after two seasons and was cut by buffalo with the first wave
willie "cie" grant/james allen = nerver saw the field
sedrick hodge = he sucked balls , all his career

you see , they are all defense , and mostly LBs.

someone447
10-29-2007, 07:19 PM

You obviously never saw Ahmad Carroll. If the ball was thrown towards him, only two things could happen. Either it was a TD or a PI, there was no other outcomes.

He made Terrell Buckley look like an allstar.

TacticaLion
10-29-2007, 07:21 PM

You left Bly off that list!?

Bly was the worst of them all... a whiny ***** that tore the team apart. Trash.

fenikz
10-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Antrell Rolle, Leondard Davis, & Tim Rattay

Jughead10
10-30-2007, 07:28 AM
From what I understand only half of the 30 mil was guaranteed, and the Bears agreed to pick up most of it, and we agreed to a 5 mil buyout and is off the books this year, that's what I understood from it. Certainly a great job to get rid of that crap although if we just signed Ryan Clark to his 10 mil contract all of that would have been avoided.

Now you just have to worry about Brandon Lloyd. How much is he making per catch right now?

mqtirishfan
10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Now you just have to worry about Brandon Lloyd. How much is he making per catch right now?

You can't divide by zero. ;)

Edit: In reality, he really does have two catches.

my future me
10-31-2007, 01:07 AM
Recently
Marquise Hill and Bethel Johnson

Overall
Andy Katzenmoyer

McBain
10-31-2007, 01:23 AM
As a redskins fan i feel like i have plenty of options to take. Matt Turk's brother who lost us the NFC Championship... uh, Michael Westbrook.. but he did have one or two good years. 50/50, Ade Jimoh... he was good on special teams but my god he was one of the worst dbs ever... rumph, Arch, Blloyd. That's all i can think of right now.

Green Bay Scat
10-31-2007, 01:55 AM
I really dont think its fair to label someone a bust if they get hurt and arent the same. If i recall didnt Jamal Reynolds tear up his knee in 2001, twice? Vinson also tore his knee up. I can understand Carroll cause he was causing PI and TDs, but i dont like thinking Reynolds and Vinson as bad players if they had injuries ruin their careers(Before they had the chance to?)

SeanTaylorRIP
10-31-2007, 01:50 PM
As a redskins fan i feel like i have plenty of options to take. Matt Turk's brother who lost us the NFC Championship... uh, Michael Westbrook.. but he did have one or two good years. 50/50, Ade Jimoh... he was good on special teams but my god he was one of the worst dbs ever... rumph, Arch, Blloyd. That's all i can think of right now.

Zeron Flemister was pretty bad too.

BigDawg819
11-04-2007, 09:10 AM

DeRon Jenkins says Hi!

neko4
11-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Ade was a beast on special teams though

detknowitall
11-04-2007, 09:36 AM
How is it possible that I go through this entire post and nobody even mentions a single person that lost a game one after another, only after sitting out the first 2 years of his career with injury. His team got to a superbowl with him and then his play lost it all. How about Rex Grossman aka Fumblesaurus Rex.

Ward
11-04-2007, 10:47 AM
For the Cowboys: Keith Davis should never ever be allowed to actually play safety in this league again. He's a great STer, but so what? Having him and Roy Williams on the field was INSANE to watch. It was like having 2 extra linebackers. And I mean that in the bad way.

Marco Rivera was clearly washed up when we got him. I was hoping for Mike Wahle instead, but was optimistic about Rivera. Nope.

I'll think of some bad draft picks later.

art vandelay
11-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Billy Joe Hobert (starting QB). Didn't even read the playbook, and admitted it to the media after the game. Awesome.

Flyboy
11-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Jonathan Sullivan makes me cry.

RaiderNation
11-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Robert Gallery

dcarey20
11-04-2007, 12:25 PM
For the Ravens I would probably go with Clarence Moore, who is thankfully gone this year.

Marino13
11-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Ray Lucas-This man single handedly ruined our 2002 season.

AJ Feeley-While we've had a revolving door at QB since Dan left, only Lucas and and Feeley are the only two to have proven to be utterly worthless. Feeley also became notorious for throwing pick 6's.

Eddie Moore-We took him instead of Anquan Boldin, and the only thing he ever did was ride the stationary bikes.

Wade Smith-One of the worst OTs I've ever seen

Jason Allen-I'm not ready to call him a bust yet, but the fact that Yeremiah Bell (very good), Renaldo Hill (ok), Donovan Darius(meh),Traveras Tillman(horrible), Cam Worrell(good ST, horrible safety), and Courtney Bryant (udfa) all got time before Allen became starter last week (due to Bell,Hill,and Tillman all being out and Darius being released) is not very promising.

Pretty much any WR not named Welker or Booker has also taken a beating from the Miami fans over the last several years (that includes Chambers)