View Full Version : Biggest Surpise/Biggest Dissapointment Teams

Hines
10-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Suprise: Detriot Lions

Dissapointment: Chicago/New Orleans/St Louis

thoughts?

BrownsTown
10-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Biggest surprises are the Bucs and Browns, biggest dissapointments are the Rams and Bears due to injury, and the 49ers.

SchizophrenicBatman
10-28-2007, 06:47 PM
At the rate things are going, the Saints will win the NFC South. They aren't 7-0, but they don't look like they'll be a disappointment. Just a slow start

I'd say

Surprise: Browns

Disappointment: Bengals

themaninblack
10-28-2007, 07:10 PM
the bengals are truly disappointing me.

Bills2083
10-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Biggest surprises: Bills, Browns, Lions. (I know I sound homerish with my choice of the Bills, and I hate saying stuff like this, but... we could very easily be 5-2 right now. I know we're 3-4, but we've had some VERY good games this season. Take the MNF game for example. Our defense stood out, and our offense floundered. We just need everything to click.)

Biggest dissapointments: Rams, Bengals, Saints

Boston
10-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Biggest Surprises: Packers, Browns, Patriots

Biggest Dissapointments: Bears, Steven Jackson, 49'ers

PoopSandwich
10-28-2007, 07:29 PM
You're surprised that the Patriots are playing like they are?

Maybe I didn't expect them to put up 40 on average, but to be honest I didn't expect them to lose a game this season (I'm dead serious, weird expectation but I don't think they will unless its towards the end and they aren't playing their starters.)

23trufant
10-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Browns have really suprised me and Im happy I hope they keep it up.

Go_Eagles77
10-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Browns have really suprised me and Im happy I hope they keep it up.

Me too for the simple fact that Dallas has their 1st round pick.

Boston
10-28-2007, 07:55 PM
You're surprised that the Patriots are playing like they are?

Maybe I didn't expect them to put up 40 on average, but to be honest I didn't expect them to lose a game this season (I'm dead serious, weird expectation but I don't think they will unless its towards the end and they aren't playing their starters.)

The Patriots are being regarded as one of the best teams ever by some. Of course people were predicting them to be good. But not that good.

OzTitan
10-28-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm kinda surprised the Giants have started well - I thought they were going to struggle out of the gate and although they've started well and finished poor often these past few seasons, I just expected them to struggle all round this season. I'm a little surprised the Bills aren't worse off and likewise for the Chiefs and Buccs. Cleveland and Detroit aren't really surprises to me - unless I'm mistaken both were visibly showing signs of this sort of improvement last season with some very close games.

It's disappointing to see the 49ers and Rams how they are as I expected better, and particularly for the Bengals. Otherwise, nothing else is a huge disappointment to me really.

KILLERSANTA
10-28-2007, 08:00 PM
The browns are pissing me off.........

PoopSandwich
10-28-2007, 08:02 PM

Doesn't that bite? We suck for so many years and the one year you get our draft pick we will probably be picking 15-24

Addict
10-28-2007, 08:04 PM

I do wonder why that is?

surprise - my lions, aren't they doing well? and the Browns and Bucs (draft picks 2/4 have winning records as of now!)

dissapointments - Rams, Jets, Bears.

The Dynasty
10-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Why are the Lions a surprise didnt you hear Kitna say 10+ wins?!?! lol.

But yeah Niners are the dissapointment, everyone said they would be in the playoffs and all that and now they arent even being considered.

P01ntb1ank
10-28-2007, 09:07 PM
suprise - Browns... Hands Down! also the texans, bucs, packers, and the lions.

disappointments - bengals, rams, ravens, 49ers

Twiddler
10-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Surprise - For the Browns to be sitting at 4-3 is quite shocking to me, its definitely the biggest surprise in the NFL so far.

Disappointment - If not looking at major injuries affecting teams I would have to say that the Bengals are the most disappointing team. Granted they do have injuries at important positions but they still are majorly disappointing if you look at attitude and the way they've played.

T-RICH49
10-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Surprise - Chiefs(for a team to be projected for a top 3-10 pick next year to be 4-3 and be in a tie for 1st in their division that is stunning to me)

honorable mention: Browns, Lions

Dissappointment: Saints, Bears and Rams

bearsfan_51
10-28-2007, 09:49 PM
The Bears defense is a massive dissapointment. Injuries or not (and I definately have sympathy for Urlacher trying to play through extreme pain) this defense is playing like ****.

yodabear
10-28-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't care who the biggest suprise is. I could give a **** about positivity right the **** now. My team, the Rams, the biggest disappointment, is 0-8. I could give a **** about anything else.

The Unseen
10-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I don't care who the biggest suprise is. I could give a **** about positivity right the **** now. My team, the Rams, the biggest disappointment, is 0-8. I could give a **** about anything else.

Don't the Packers pleasantly surprise you?

yodabear
10-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Don't the Packers pleasantly surprise you?

They have Brett Favre, nothing he does suprises me. And the Bears and Vikes suck. And the Lions are the 2nd best team in the division: that is all u need to know.

Geo
10-28-2007, 10:45 PM
yoda touched on a right chord, I don't think anyone expected a team - Rams, Dolphins, or otherwise - to be 0-8 right now.

Both teams have a bye week to regroup some, I like the Rams to get their win immediately after that. Especially if they have Steven Jackson fully healthy and ready to go.

zoinks
10-28-2007, 11:59 PM
At the risk of sounding like a homer, I have to mention the Titans' defense.

In 2006, they were statistically the worst defense in the league....dead last.

This year, they have the #1 run defense in the league, and are ranked #5 overall. What's more, they accomplished all this in spite of losing Pacman Jones, who was arguably their best player in '06.

islandboy843
10-29-2007, 12:34 AM
At the risk of sounding like a homer, I have to mention the Titans' defense.

In 2006, they were statistically the worst defense in the league....dead last.

This year, they have the #1 run defense in the league, and are ranked #5 overall. What's more, they accomplished all this in spite of losing Pacman Jones, who was arguably their best player in '06.

I wass going to say that.

Also the Titans at 5-2 doesn't surprise anybody.

I swear people said Titans would be dead last in the leauge this year.

Turtlepower
10-29-2007, 12:37 AM
Here's a question, what do Bob Greise and the crew do if a team goes winless (funny if it is the dolphins). I say they have to buy a round of shots for everyone on that team.

bearsfan_51
10-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Actually I predicted the Dolphins to have the #1 pick in the draft. I was way off on the Rams though, predicted them to win the NFC West.

Turtlepower
10-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Actually I predicted the Dolphins to have the #1 pick in the draft. I was way off on the Rams though, predicted them to win the NFC West.

To the Rams credit they have had major offensive injuries.

To the Dolphins credit, Cam Cameron is their head coach.

Wyndham
10-29-2007, 06:25 AM
I had to straighten a lot of people out before the season when it came to the Chiefs, and it wasn't because I was a homer: it's because I knew what my team is. They're a mediocre, 7 to 9 win team. I said the very same thing after everyone overreacted in week one as if they just started watching the NFL.

I'm surprised at how few are surprising them, given how awful they thought KC would be.

Caddy
10-29-2007, 07:15 AM
Biggest surprises are the Bucs and Browns, biggest dissapointments are the Rams and Bears due to injury, and the 49ers.

At .500 the Buc's aren't a huge surprise.

OzTitan
10-29-2007, 07:32 AM
I had to straighten a lot of people out before the season when it came to the Chiefs, and it wasn't because I was a homer: it's because I knew what my team is. They're a mediocre, 7 to 9 win team. I said the very same thing after everyone overreacted in week one as if they just started watching the NFL.

I'm surprised at how few are surprising them, given how awful they thought KC would be.

Could say the same thing(s) about the Titans. Given the pre-season outlook most people had for Tennessee around here, I'm surprised more people aren't surprised they're 5-2 right now.

Jughead10
10-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Even though we made the playoffs last year, I think the Giants are a suprise. I had this team pegged for 8-8 even with the easier schedule this year. Many on these boards had us pegged for a top 5 pick. Most likely going to surpass my expectations let alone the expectations of many on this board. Too much was made over the loss of Tiki and our extremely mediocre LT Pettitgout from last year.

Beans
10-29-2007, 09:47 AM
At .500 the Buc's aren't a huge surprise.

We could still win the division.

wogitalia
10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Surprises

Titans - On paper they are very poor but they keep winning. They have a QB who is a poor passer, no WR worth mentioning, an "overweight" RB and a no-name line that is playing like it's full of pro bowlers and their defense has been scary good. Contract years seem to make them DT's hungry...

Vikings - I had about 4 games(admittedly before Vick was gone) that we would/could win all year. Peterson has been the most pleasant surprise for sure, he may be the leagues best back right now. Of course I haven't got any kind of pleasant surprises from the RT, RG, WR, QB, S or DE positions that are so weak, but EJ Henderson has blown up this year, he has been really, really good. Still a pathetic team, but we've been respectable, which to be honest is more than I expected...

Browns - Big Braylon and Kellen fan, but didn't expect this. OL looks good, Anderson has been a shock, most importantly, they are fun to watch.

Disappointments

Saints - Never expected them to beat the Colts, but didn't expect them to get blown out and fall to pieces. They are starting to look better, but still look nothing like the team last year that was so much fun.

Chicago - Not that it hurts me or anything but they have been terrible. Probably the worst performed team in the league. It's like their OL has forgotten how to block, they still cant run the ball, they can't find even decent production at QB and their WRs are worse than last year but I didn't really expect much better on offense, its the defense that stinks. The DL doesn't stop anything and couldn't even get a consistent rush against the right side of the Vikings line(thats like forgetting how to walk for a DL, the **** just dont happen). The linebackers look slow and old, and they aren't. The safeties can't tackle and the corners are so caught up in run support they've forgotten to cover anyone. If you had told me they would have the worst looking defense in the NFC North at the start of the season I would have just laughed, but even the Lions look better and we all know there is no D in Detroit...

Bengals - Horrific. They can't run, pass, block, tackle or cover. They may be the worst team in the league when you consider talent vs production. Worse than that is the way they are capitulating, they aren't just losing, they are coming apart at the seams and it's ugly and now they want to trade their franchise guy? I think Marvin Lewis has to go, just can't have the off field incidents he had and then not be winning games, has to take the blame and they need to get a seriously tough coach in there.

portermvp84
10-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Browns are the suprise team, and the Rams are the dud team.

Geo
10-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Excellent mention of the Chicago Bears, I can't think of a bigger disappointment this season.

Makes you appreciate even more what the Colts offense (read: Peyton Manning) was able to do last year, carrying a worse defense with more injuries to a 12-4 record (two plays away from 14-2) in a superior division/conference.