PDA

View Full Version : Predict Our Final Record

Xiomera
10-28-2007, 09:20 PM
What will be the Lions record at the end of the regular season?

Note: This poll was created when the Lions were 5-2, following Week 8.

Bootland27
10-28-2007, 09:33 PM
I think we'll go 10-6 too. Wins against Den, Ari, Min, KC, and GB(thanksgiving)

familyguy555
10-28-2007, 09:54 PM
i voted 10-6 but i actually meant 11-5. we can win against SD

P-L
10-28-2007, 09:58 PM
I said 7-9.

neko4
10-28-2007, 10:45 PM
I had to do it...
5-11 :)
In dramatic Lions Fashion

Iamcanadian
10-28-2007, 11:00 PM
I think 10-6. The breaks are going our way and when a team gains momentum like we have that can carry you a long way. I think it is simply our year and we are going to get better as the season progresses.

Addict
10-29-2007, 04:12 AM
I think 10-6. The breaks are going our way and when a team gains momentum like we have that can carry you a long way. I think it is simply our year and we are going to get better as the season progresses.

who are you and what have you done with IAC?

Xiomera
10-29-2007, 07:01 AM
I said 10-6, but in reality, I think 8-8 is more likely.

Things are going really well for the team right now. If they can beat Denver at home this week (very possible), then I really do think 10-6 is how we'll truly fare though.

TacticaLion
10-29-2007, 08:26 AM

HAHAH!

That was freakin awesome.

As great as 10 wins would be, I think we'll get close and finish at 9-7. Minn could take one from us, the Chargers are building, the Broncos are still a solid team and the Packers have a great defense. Throw the Giants and Cowboys into the mix and you've got a rough stretch ahead.

I hope they prove me wrong, though... I'll be sitting on my couch (naked) every game, hoping for the win. (My thanksgiving guests hate when I do that...)

Jagonsucker
10-29-2007, 01:20 PM
i voted 10-6 but 9-7 is more realistic

Iamcanadian
10-29-2007, 08:53 PM

As I said so many times I'm a realist, I never argue with the facts just because they don't fit my previous assumption. We have gained momentum and that usually leads to more wins than one might expect so I don't think 10 is out of the question!

detroit4life
10-31-2007, 08:16 PM
i think it'll be 9-7 i dont think 10-6 is a long shot at this point at all but it will some great games played by us.

P-L
10-31-2007, 10:09 PM
Hahaha. Two Packers fans (Football Fan and neko4) were the ones that voted for 5-11.

Bootland27
11-18-2007, 05:22 PM
I change my mind, and the end result will be just like 1999 when they went 8-8. Except, they just won't make the playoffs. All of the teams we've lost to (except the giants) are now 5-5 and are just 1 game behind us for the wildcard.

Jagonsucker
11-18-2007, 10:39 PM
yeah i change my opinion as well..**** going 9-7.. we'll be lucky to win ONE MORE game the rest of the season. 6-10 here we go!

Addict
11-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Hahaha. Two Packers fans (Football Fan and neko4) were the ones that voted for 5-11.

classic. well at least we exceeded their expectations :)

holtfan92
11-19-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm gonna say 8-8 with a win vs the cheifs and viks.

Xiomera
11-19-2007, 03:34 PM
I say we finish 8-8 as well.

I don't see us in the playoffs now.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2007, 03:38 PM
8-8 could still make the playoffs though.

At this point I'm saying the Eagles will pull another ridiculous comeback with A.J Feeley and make the playoffs like they always seem to. Just seems like destiny.

detroit4life
11-19-2007, 05:43 PM
id say 8-8 right now as well but at this point its a toss up it go go as well as 9-7 but i just dont know all i know is they should have won these past two games and they didnt.

I dont think 8-8 will get us in the playoffs either

Bootland27
11-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Looking on the bright side, we'll probably be picking somewhere around 15-20 instead of 25.

detroit4life
11-19-2007, 09:38 PM
for this team 6-4 is not terrible the bright side is our defense which was suppose to suck. If we get our offense to actually score some td's this team can still go 9-7.

GB
@ MIN
@ SD
KC

all of these games are winnable for our team. I put GB up their because i do believe that this team will come out pissed off on thurs and so i think they might be desperate enough to take it.
MIN is easy if we loose that game then we're screwed AD should still be out too.
SD has just been playing terrible so i think we could although they have so much more skill than us.
And im very confident we can beat KC they have croyle as there QB and when a team doesnt have a good QB thats when we have the best advantage to win.
Other then that dallas is a long shot and theres no way we are goin into lambeu field in december and winning. I think we will win 2 more games with a shot at 3 we would need to be able to beat GB at home or go to SD and pull one out for a legit shot at the playoffs though

TacticaLion
11-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Lets keep in mind: the offense hasn't played well (so far) this year. If the offense clicks, we could actually make a move.

We could be much worse off than 6-4. If we win against Minn and KC and steal another, we could see the playoffs.

If we finish 8-8 or 7-9, we learned a lot about the team and have the off season to improve.

detroit4life
11-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Lets keep in mind: the offense hasn't played well (so far) this year. If the offense clicks, we could actually make a move.

We could be much worse off than 6-4. If we win against Minn and KC and steal another, we could see the playoffs.

If we finish 8-8 or 7-9, we learned a lot about the team and have the off season to improve.

completely agree with the play of our defense if our offense gets going we could be a contender but either way i dont remember going into an offseason knowing exactly what we need to do to be a playoff team (other then get an entire new team). Playoffs would be great but if we happen to fall short this team is in a great position to take the NFC north next year

TacticaLion
11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
completely agree with the play of our defense if our offense gets going we could be a contender but either way i dont remember going into an offseason knowing exactly what we need to do to be a playoff team (other then get an entire new team). Playoffs would be great but if we happen to fall short this team is in a great position to take the NFC north next year

Yep. A Favre-less Packers... the Bears... the Vikes... with a few improvements, we could really rise above.

Bootland27
11-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Yep. A Favre-less Packers... the Bears... the Vikes... with a few improvements, we could really rise above.

Favre's not retiring yet.....didn't you get the memo?:rolleyes:

detroit4life
11-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Favre's not retiring yet.....didn't you get the memo?:rolleyes:

he has to eventually and the way this season is going he may leave on a high note

Bootland27
11-21-2007, 10:09 PM
he has to eventually and the way this season is going he may leave on a high note

We've been saying that for the last 3 years when the packers were only decent at best, and Favre almost retired that one year. Why the hell would he retire when they are not far off from going to the superbowl???

The only way I think he retires is if, Tom Brady ends up dying and they win the superbowl.

When he was talking to the reporters yesterday, he sounded like he has already made up his mind about next year.

Addict
11-22-2007, 02:36 AM
I doubt Favre will come back, he'll have a good season, they'll probably lose to the cowboys in the playoffs, plus he's not getting any younger, he has the high note he wants, he should take it while it's there.

detroit4life
11-22-2007, 01:29 PM
We've been saying that for the last 3 years when the packers were only decent at best, and Favre almost retired that one year. Why the hell would he retire when they are not far off from going to the superbowl???

The only way I think he retires is if, Tom Brady ends up dying and they win the superbowl.

When he was talking to the reporters yesterday, he sounded like he has already made up his mind about next year.

this team has a long way before they will be able to compete against the afc teams to actually win the superbowl. Packers have a good shot at going to the NFC championship game and they reality of it is they wont be able to get any further for a few years. Farve especially after having an extended season is going to feel his age after this year and hes having a great year i think he'll walk after this year

TacticaLion
11-22-2007, 09:53 PM
I think the Cowboys are a much better team than the Packers, to be honest.

princefielder28
11-22-2007, 09:56 PM
I doubt Favre will come back, he'll have a good season, they'll probably lose to the cowboys in the playoffs, plus he's not getting any younger, he has the high note he wants, he should take it while it's there.

Somebody didn't like the beating they got from Brett Favre today

Boston
11-22-2007, 09:57 PM

Of course you do. You're a Lions fan after getting beat by the Packers on national TV. The score really wasn't indicitave of how close the game really was, and I think you know that.

Xiomera
11-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Packers > Cowboys, IMO.

But we will see next week.

detroit4life
11-22-2007, 11:09 PM
i think the cowboys are a better team then the packers they're easily the top two teams in the NFC but the cowboys are better in every aspect except for QB

Boston
11-23-2007, 12:15 AM
i think the cowboys are a better team then the packers they're easily the top two teams in the NFC but the cowboys are better in every aspect except for QB

And, you know, maybe the entire defensive side of the ball...

detroit4life
11-23-2007, 11:57 AM
i think cowboys have a better defense IMO

TacticaLion
11-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Of course you do. You're a Lions fan after getting beat by the Packers on national TV. The score really wasn't indicitave of how close the game really was, and I think you know that.

Umm... ********. Yeah... we got beat by the Packers (the then 9-1 Packers) on national TV... I'm crushed. I didn't expect to win the game, but I was surprised with the Packers defense. Without horrible penalties and dropped passes (by CJ), we would've been up by more than 6 points. That "Packers D"? What? We ran the ball with ease. I couldn't believe how open Cason was in the middle of the field as well.

The Cowboys are a different team. They didn't collapse against the Bears, but competed against (and lost to) the Pats for their only loss. They can run the ball (and not just late in the game) and can pass the ball. Their defense is solid as well. Romo wont just fall the way Kitna fell, and TO wont drop the passes that CJ dropped. Oh yeah... and their OLine is better.

The Cowboys wont beat themselves (like the Lions did)... you'll have to beat them. And I don't think you can.

Boston
11-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Umm... ********. Yeah... we got beat by the Packers (the then 9-1 Packers) on national TV... I'm crushed. I didn't expect to win the game, but I was surprised with the Packers defense. Without horrible penalties and dropped passes (by CJ), we would've been up by more than 6 points. That "Packers D"? What? We ran the ball with ease. I couldn't believe how open Cason was in the middle of the field as well.

The Cowboys are a different team. They didn't collapse against the Bears, but competed against (and lost to) the Pats for their only loss. They can run the ball (and not just late in the game) and can pass the ball. Their defense is solid as well. Romo wont just fall the way Kitna fell, and TO wont drop the passes that CJ dropped. Oh yeah... and their OLine is better.

The Cowboys wont beat themselves (like the Lions did)... you'll have to beat them. And I don't think you can.

The Packers beat the Lions. No question about that. Do you wonder why the Lions scored there only TD's in the fourth quarter, down by 20 points? Or, why the same thing happened with the Panthers last week? Because we already won the game, no sense pulling out anything new, or complicated, in garbage time. It's not a coincedence that we went from moving the ball with ease, to three and outs. Your defense didn't improve over the course of the game, we simply went into cruise control.

And, I would imagine a teams rushing defense would take a hit when they lose there starting DT. At one point during the game, we had our 3rd and 4th string DT's in the game. But, don't worry, I never read much into your 'opinions' anyway.

Addict
11-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Somebody didn't like the beating they got from Brett Favre today

? Brett Favre didn't beat the Lions, the Detroit Lions did.

TacticaLion
11-23-2007, 10:51 PM
The Packers beat the Lions. No question about that. Do you wonder why the Lions scored there only TD's in the fourth quarter, down by 20 points? Or, why the same thing happened with the Panthers last week? Because we already won the game, no sense pulling out anything new, or complicated, in garbage time. It's not a coincedence that we went from moving the ball with ease, to three and outs. Your defense didn't improve over the course of the game, we simply went into cruise control.

And, I would imagine a teams rushing defense would take a hit when they lose there starting DT. At one point during the game, we had our 3rd and 4th string DT's in the game. But, don't worry, I never read much into your 'opinions' anyway.
Yeah... right. Go back and watch the game... you'll see CJ dropping passes, Raiola committing a stupid penalty, moving them away from 1st and Goal on the 1, and injuries to our OLine making it even easier for Kampman. Even with that, we marched against the Packers defense, just to shoot ourselves in the foot and settle for a FG.

If the Lions hadn't made the stupid mistakes, the game would've been much different.

Boston
11-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah... right. Go back and watch the game... you'll see CJ dropping passes, Raiola committing a stupid penalty, moving them away from 1st and Goal on the 1, and injuries to our OLine making it even easier for Kampman. Even with that, we marched against the Packers defense, just to shoot ourselves in the foot and settle for a FG.

If the Lions hadn't made the stupid mistakes, the game would've been much different.

Ha. You make it sound as if the Lions lost the game, rather than the Packers winning. You know what, if the Packers hadn't made all the stupid mistakes against the Bears, we'd be 11-0 right now. **** happens, it's how you deal with it that counts. Also, we had 5 or six starters either ruled out to begin with, or leave the game with injuries. Including Woodson, KGB, Tauscher, Rouse, Jolly, and Cole.

Iamcanadian
11-24-2007, 07:38 AM

Excuses and maybe's are for losers. We lost plain and simple and arn't there with the big boys.

detroit4life
11-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Excuses and maybe's are for losers. We lost plain and simple and arn't there with the big boys.

i agree with him its true that the lions could have put this game outa reach in the first 3 possesions but they didnt and it hink the truth is this team is not there yet to compete with the elite teams. At the same time i dont think there very far

Boston
11-25-2007, 06:46 PM
i agree with him its true that the lions could have put this game outa reach in the first 3 possesions but they didnt and it hink the truth is this team is not there yet to compete with the elite teams. At the same time i dont think there very far

You don't "put the game out of reach" in the first quarter. You're talkign about those possessions as if you guys failed by not scoring TD's on all of them. I don't think it's a coincidence that we have a very good red zone defense, and that red zone defense kept you to two field goals.

detroit4life
11-26-2007, 06:50 PM
You don't "put the game out of reach" in the first quarter. You're talkign about those possessions as if you guys failed by not scoring TD's on all of them. I don't think it's a coincidence that we have a very good red zone defense, and that red zone defense kept you to two field goals.

If raiola didnt take the stupid penalty we would have had a first down on your one yard line. We then got the turnover in packers territory and went three and out. Then after stopping the pakcers again we did nothing. We should have been in a much better position then 6-0 when the packers finally started to do somthing. And we should have been in a great position after domintating the first quarter.