PDA

View Full Version : Most surprising/most dissapointing players.

Bills2083
10-29-2007, 08:19 AM
I saw that there was a thread on the teams, so I thought a thread on the players would be good too.

Most surprising - Derek Anderson

Most dissapointing - Steven Jackson

georgiafan
10-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Most surprising - Bryaln Edwards

Most dissapointing - Frank Gore

T-RICH49
10-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Surprising - Derek Anderson (I thought Quinn would be starting by now)

Dissappointing - Steven Jackson

keylime_5
10-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Surprising- Derek Anderson and Braylon Edwards
Dissapointing- Sean Jones and Kamerion Wimbley
(On the Browns anyways)

PoopSandwich
10-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Haha its funny to see Browns players getting credit.

Jakey
10-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Surprising- Randy Moss (i didnt think he was worth a 4th round pick:eek: ), Derek Anderson.

Dissapointing- Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Marques Colston (untill yesturday)

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-29-2007, 09:37 AM
for the giants:

Most surprising: shockey, diehl and plax. I thought all would be good but these three have been exceptional for us.

Most disappointing: Kawika Mitchell, James Butler and Lawrence tynes. I thought thse guys would be decent but they've been revoltingly bad.

Jakey
10-29-2007, 09:42 AM
For the steelers:

Suprising- Heath Miller, James Harrison (i knew they were both great, but they were never really given the chance)

Dissapointing- Kendall Simmons, good in the offseason, bad in the regular. We gave him a contract extention, and he's still our worst starting O-Lineman.

Turtlepower
10-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Surprising: David Garrard (I was sure he would bust).

Dissapointing: Norv Turner...

fenikz
10-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Surprising: Edgerrin James 3rd in the NFl in rushing (I was one of the Cardinals fans who wanted to draft AD)

Disappointing: Drew Brees, I thought he was going to have a monster year by the end of the season he will still probably have great numbers just as of right now he is a disappointment

LonghornsLegend
10-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Surprising: Burress, Braylon Edwards, Derek Anderson, Greg Ellis, Osi, Aaron Ross

Dissapointing: Cedric Benson(leading the pack), Frank Gore(might not all b his problem), Lee Evans

Turtlepower
10-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Surprising: Burress, Braylon Edwards, Derek Anderson, Greg Ellis, Osi, Aaron Ross

Dissapointing: Cedric Benson(leading the pack), Frank Gore(might not all b his problem), Lee Evans

Wow, 3 Giants players from a Cowboys fan. I never thought I'd see that.

Surprising: Tony Romo
I honestly thought he would do horrible this year, but he has had a great season.

Wyndham
10-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Most disappointing: Kawika Mitchell, James Butler and Lawrence tynes. I thought thse guys would be decent but they've been revoltingly bad.

I thought Mitchell would be a little better in an aggressive scheme in NY than he was in KC, but it was unreasonable to expect much from him. And Lawrence Tynes? He's f**king awful and I can't believe the Giants gave KC a pick for his 'services'. Worst of all, he doesn't miss chip-shots just in the regular season; wait until he does the same thing in the playoffs and it changes the momentum of the game.

Chiefs surprises: Alfonso Boone (thought he'd be a solid rotational player but he's been a good starter) and Donnie Edwards against the run (playing great, which I didn't expect in that department)

Disappointments: Offensive line, Eddie Drummond

Tamba Hali is edging closer to the disappointment list as the weeks pass, but he's good against the run and is playing injured, so I'm giving him an easier time for now. He needs to provide that rush off the edge with Jared Allen commanding so much attention.

no love
10-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Most Surprising: Jon Kitna, come on anyone who can get the lions a winning record deserves some rep

Most Disappointing: Vince Young, they are winning but he is not the reason for it. After an amazing rookie season he is suffering the classic sophomore slump. Not to mention he has not been as successful running the ball this year.

BigDawg819
10-29-2007, 01:12 PM
For the Ravens:

Surprising - Willis McGahee and Marshall Yanda, a bunch of us didn't expect too much out of Willis and he has by far surpassed our expectations and Yanda has basically been starting the whole year as a 3rd round pick and with the exception of the Bengal opener has played quite well as a rookie.

Disappointing - Bart Scott and Terrell Suggs, I could easily say much of the team as a whole but Scott has not produced like a guy coming off a Pro Bowl season even though he's not being used properly and Suggs has been quite disappointing given this is his contract year.

Bills2083
10-29-2007, 03:16 PM

Lee has been picking it up as of late

Boston
10-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Packers:

Most Surprising: Atari Bigby, Brett Favre(we'll see after tonight)

Most Dissapointing: Running Game, Hawk(been solid, but not yet spectacular)

remix 6
10-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Patriots

surprising : Welker..i cant think of anyone else really. I didnt think Welker would dominate the slot the way he does..i was against a 2nd round pick trade . glad he proved me wrong

dissapointment: Hobbs..came off a great postseason last year but hes been getting pushed around after catch or on runs..i know hes small but damn cmon. also hes let up some big plays while Samuel has been SHUT DOWN. Expected a ton more from Ellis Hobbs

ShutDwn
10-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Patriots

surprising : Welker..i cant think of anyone else really. I didnt think Welker would dominate the slot the way he does..i was against a 2nd round pick trade . glad he proved me wrong

dissapointment: Hobbs..came off a great postseason last year but hes been getting pushed around after catch or on runs..i know hes small but damn cmon. also hes let up some big plays while Samuel has been SHUT DOWN. Expected a ton more from Ellis Hobbs

Those guys must be getting lucky against Hobbs. How else could a Patriot be a disappointment.

GB12
10-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Surprising: James Jones, Johnny Jolly, Atari Bigby, Korey Hall,

Dissapointing: Brandan Jackson, Oline

Michigan
10-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Surprise: Kevin Jones

Dissapointment: George Foster

HoopsDemon12
10-29-2007, 06:00 PM
For the Bills:

Most Surprising: Marshawn Lynch, Trent Edwards, Digorgio, Defence

Most Dissapointing: Our offensive line.. pathertic for the amount of money we spent.. although i knew it would be bad

Man_Of_Steel
10-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Most Surprising

Derek Anderson- Frye entered the season the starter and many though if Frye couldnt get it done Quinn would be put in.

Edgerrin James- A top 5 back, thats a surprising improvement from the lifeless James we saw last year.

Elvis Dumberville- YEs, I know he played great last year but many thought he was a one year wonder, hes having another great year and is proving himself to be a stud situational player.

Jeff Garcia- Plain and simple he has lead that Bucs squad to the top of the division.

Most Dissapointing

Cedric Benson- With the departure of Jones was expected to live up to his draft slot.

Jason Taylor- Last years best defensive player has done little.

Joey Porter- The Phins threw alot of money at Porter with high expectations but he has attracted more attention off the field than on.

Larry Johnson- Has gotten better of late but isnt even a shadow of his previous years.

bigbluedefense
10-29-2007, 06:20 PM
For the Giants:

Surprising: David Diehl
Disappointing: Sinorice Moss (at least in my opinion)

BlindSite
10-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Surprising: Justin Hartwig, Thomas Davis, Jon Beason, Chris Harris all four have been awesome.

Disappointing: David Carr, Foster, Carter, Colbert, Peppers, Rucker, McClover, Deke Cooper, John Fox, Mike Trgovac, list goes on.

Bills2083
10-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Since everyone is doing their own teams, I might as well do the Bills.

Most surprising: Marshawn Lynch, John McCargo, John DiGiorgio, Jabari Greer

Most dissapointing: Aaron Schobel, Our Oline -- (I thought that we'd have a great O-line by committing $75 million to 2 guys. We have an average to above average line right now)

zoinks
10-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Tennessee Titans:

Most Surprising: Albert Haynesworth....In the past, Haynesworth was painfully inconsistent....he'd look great one week, then disappear for weeks at a time. This year, Haynesworth has been in rare form since the first preseason game, and has been as dominant as any player in the league....bar none.

Most Disappointing: Vince Young.....As illogical as it may sound, VY has improved his accuracy (64% completion rate), yet his production has slipped dramatically. After 5 games, he has only 4 TD's total, and has yet to throw for 200 yards in a game. Overall, Vince has been utterly unremarkable, his impact as a player has been nil....and what's more, he appears to be doing it to himself.

GB12
10-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Surprising: James Jones, Johnny Jolly, Atari Bigby, Korey Hall,

Dissapointing: Brandan Jackson, Oline
He's worked his way off of my list.

themaninblack
10-30-2007, 12:02 AM
bengals
surprising:kenny watson, glenn holt, domata peko, chinedum ndukwe.

disappointing: pretty much the entire defense but injuries have been huge.

Primetime21
10-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Surprising: Darrell Tapp, thought it would take longer to see an impact from him

Disappointing: Shaun Alexander, many Seahawk fans are hoping for State rushing record holder Jonathan Stewart to fall in our laps.

OzTitan
10-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Tennessee Titans:

Most Surprising: Albert Haynesworth....In the past, Haynesworth was painfully inconsistent....he'd look great one week, then disappear for weeks at a time. This year, Haynesworth has been in rare form since the first preseason game, and has been as dominant as any player in the league....bar none.

Most Disappointing: Vince Young.....As illogical as it may sound, VY has improved his accuracy (64% completion rate), yet his production has slipped dramatically. After 5½ games, he has only 4 TD's total, and has yet to throw for 200 yards in a game. Overall, Vince has been utterly unremarkable, his impact as a player has been nil....and what's more, he appears to be doing it to himself.

I agree with those, but Vince played well enough against the Raiders to have a nice game statistically. Directly dropping multiple easy TD's will do that to a QB, so it isn't all on himself.

It should have been expected really. A lot of people got caught up in his playmaking ability as a rookie including myself, but last season he didn't truly start his development as a passer, which he has to do or he won't last very long. He has clearly been directed to look for the pass more this season and this is where his passing game development really starts.

I feel Chow etc could probably revert back to the style of plays last year that give him one read to make and then scramble if it wasn't there, but I think they're taking a more long term approach that will benefit him as a QB later on, because he can't sustain a career playing like he did as a rookie. Last season we needed him to be effective any way he could and they worked that into the game, but this year with our D he can sit back and develop more as a passer without the team crumbling.

It's a little hard to pin point exactly what I mean, but it makes sense to me anyway :P He wasn't being "hidden" last season like Hoge says, he was just being "exploited" (for lack of a better term) to aid in as many wins as possible because we needed it. I wouldn't say they sacrificed his development as a passer by doing this either, because he probably wasn't ready to take on what he's taking on this season. This season we don't need VY heroics to pull out wins like we did sometimes last year and I feel this has equated to a higher focus on developing VY as a passer at the expense of simplified plays to utilize his mobility. With that said though, the team is still very run oriented and needs to be to win, so it's a tricky balance between developing VY as a passer more but not so much it prevents the rushing attack from establishing itself and contributing to wins.

I think he'll improve well before season's end and hopefully into the playoffs, but he needs the WR's and HB's to improve as well. You can't play bad run D's every week and you can't drop TD's when they're right there for you. In any case, I think it goes beyond a "sophomore slump", it's really more about how they used him last year in contrast to how he is being used this year, which hopefully pays off as time goes on.

Caddy
10-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Buccaneers

Most Surprising: Tanard Jackson has been great starting from week 1 at safety. He has far exceeded his draft position so far and is keeping the tradition of one day 2 safety starting well for his team following Dawan Landry's footsteps. Honourable mentions go to Phillip Buchanon and Jovan Haye.

Most Disappointing: The veterans on the defensive line have been less than impressive. Kevin Carter, Greg Spires and Chris Hovan haven't given the Buc's much in regards to pass rushing this year which is something the Cover 2 defense needs. Instead we are relying on rookie; Gaines Adams, Greg White and Greg Peterson, and 1st year starter Jovan Haye.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-30-2007, 02:17 AM
Baltimore Ravens...

Most Surprising (offense)- Willis McGahee I expected him to be the guy he was last year in Buffalo but he is a new man thusfar and while he hasn't touched the endzone enough he has been a workhorse and prior to this past weekend was #2 in the NFL in both rushes and rushing yards.

Most Disappointing (offense)- Steve McNair although Im not disappointed because I knew he sucked coming into the year I think most Ravens fans can now see the light that he blows goats for dimes.

Most Surprising (defense)- Jarrett Johnson I was highly critical of the decision to let double J takeover for AD but double J has been the best defensive player on the field at times this year.

Most Disappointing (defense)- Bart Scott All he has done this year is run his mouth and then disappear or get shown up on gameday, and Im sick of hearin his pathetic trashtalk......hey Bart you're not funny, you're not scary, and everyteam has shut you down this year, so shut up and start doin your talkin on the field with your pads.

d34ng3l021
10-30-2007, 04:08 AM
For the Falcons:

Surprising:
DeAngelo Hall. He has played lights out this season and is doing a great job being left on an island most of the time. Wish he had safety help though cause he isnt so good on deep routes.

Roddy White: Damn. I know rookie wideouts breakout their third year, but I didnt know White could do it. He was dropping passes left and right but has really shown up this year. He is averaging 60-70 yards a game and is on pace to be the Falcons first 1000 yard reciever since Mathis (I think). This is mostly with Harrington at QB too. Imagine if he had a guy who could throw the deep ball to match his forte well.

Dissapointing:
Warrick Dunn. Probably because of the change in scheme, but he has seem to hit a wall HEAD on. He seems like he has nothing left in the tank. Everytime he pulls of a 9 or 10 yard run, I leap for joy. But most of the time, its usually a 2 yard gain.

DeAngelo Hall. Shut the **** up.

Alge Crumpler. He is just a fat and lazy TE and calls out his coaches. Good job being a leader Crump. I think he is our offensive captain. Thats pathetic.

Keith Brooking. He has been on the decline for the past few years, but this year is really bad for him. He is getting blown up by RBs and tackles his own guys etc. His play recognition is still very good though.

#1chiefs_fan
10-30-2007, 05:08 AM
for the texans:

Most Surprising: Kevin Walter
Most Dissapointing: Ahman Green