PDA

View Full Version : My First Mock Ever! (for the forums)

Cashmoney
10-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Alright I'm keeping it simple since this is my first one and it's still very early. No analysis, no trades, rankings are just whatever right now. Please don't make me your whipping boy if you disagree, just give me constuctive criticism if you do disagree with my picks and I might take it into account for the next one I do.

1)Dolphins- Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
2)Rams- Jake Long, OT, Michigan
3)Falcons- Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
4)Jets- Darren McFadden, HB, Arkansas
5)Vikings- Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
6)Raiders- Desean Jackson, WR, Cal
7)Bengals- Chris Long, DE, Virginia
8)Patriots(from SF)- Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
9)Bills- Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
10)Cardinals- Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida
11)Bears- Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
12)Texans- Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
13)Eagles- Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St.
14)Saints- James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio St.
15)Broncos- Frank Okam, DT, Texas
16)Bucs- Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan
17)Dallas(from Browns)- Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio St.
18)Ravens- Sam Baker, OT, USC
19)Redskins- Justin King, CB, PSU
20)Chiefs- Michael Oher, OT/OG, Ole Miss
21)Lions- Dan Conner, LB, PSU
22)Jaguars- Adarius Bowman, WR, Okla. St.
23)Seahawks- Jonathan Stewart, HB, Oregon
24)Titans- James Hardy, WR, Indiana
25)Panthers- Jonathan Goff, LB, Vandy
26)Giants- Reggie Smith, DB, Oklahoma
27)Chargers- Rey Mauluga, LB, USC
28)Steelers- Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
29)Packers- Steve Slaton, HB, WVU
30)49ers(from Colts)- Earl Bennett, WR, Vandy
31)Cowboys- Early Doucet, WR, LSU
32)Pats- FORFEITED

If I missed anything let me know.

ENJOY!!!!!!

KILLERSANTA
10-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Solid cowboys mock.....

49ers169
10-29-2007, 02:04 PM
The 49ers have the Colts pick.

Chucky
10-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Mario manningham is not a first round prospect at this point at all, Baker would make much more sense for the bucs

Cashmoney
10-29-2007, 03:08 PM
The 49ers have the Colts pick.

Thanks ill fix that.

Mario manningham is not a first round prospect at this point at all, Baker would make much more sense for the bucs.

Ill take that into account for the next one. thanks.

Travis 24
10-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Eh..I'm not crazy about all the Eagles picks in these drafts, having them go for tackle..I think the need there is overrated. I'd much rather see them address an area of need..like the secondary..Malcolm Jenkins or Reggie Smith make the most sense, IMO.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-29-2007, 05:50 PM
I dont get why wed take Desean over Chris Long.RDE is a bigger need than WR.

Turtlepower
10-29-2007, 05:51 PM
I have a man crush on Reggie Smith, so good choice. =D

HoopsDemon12
10-29-2007, 05:52 PM
I really like the bills pick. For the Jags though i think they would take hardy over bowman.. the 40 times i have heard have been that hardy is much faster.. and he is more of a deep threat.. the jags already have enough big tall slower receivers..

wiscbadgerfootball
10-29-2007, 05:59 PM
I don't really like Slaton as a prospect or as the pick for the Pack

Crow
10-29-2007, 06:11 PM
I dont get why wed take Desean over Chris Long.RDE is a bigger need than WR.
Long or Ellis over Jackson, definitely.

Yung Flippa
10-29-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't think that the Ravens need Sam Baker, but if he fell to us right there, i could see the Ravens trading the pick, for some extra picks.

Cashmoney
10-29-2007, 08:38 PM
I really like the bills pick. For the Jags though i think they would take hardy over bowman.. the 40 times i have heard have been that hardy is much faster.. and he is more of a deep threat.. the jags already have enough big tall slower receivers..

yeah im guilty of cheating that pick a little. i want hardy for the titans so thats the reason i gave the jags bowman lol.

Cashmoney
10-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Long or Ellis over Jackson, definitely.

i seriously considered it but i figured al davis would want a vertical threat for russel

Crow
10-29-2007, 09:55 PM
i seriously considered it but i figured al davis would want a vertical threat for russel
I'm sure he would, but something Al is a freak for that few people talk about is name recognition. This is why he brings in aging stars at the end of their career. The idea of having a 2nd generation Raider...well, someone more noteworthy than Grant Irons...would almost (almost) certainly give the old man cause to look for speed in a later round, or even hope that he found it last April with Johnnie Lee Higgins.

Also, I think he's giving Kiffin some pull in the war room. That should lead to smarter choices like Long or Ellis.

Caddy
10-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Mario manningham is not a first round prospect at this point at all, Baker would make much more sense for the bucs

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.

There are many receivers I would rather over him in that situation including Doucet and Kelly, not to mention Sam Baker was still on the board.

And where is Calais Campbell?

Cashmoney
10-30-2007, 03:25 AM
looks like i ****** up on calais campbell, oh well i wasnt looking at a list when i made this but my next one ill put more effort into.

Bills2083
10-30-2007, 06:46 AM
I like the pick of Ellis. I'm sure he could help out our terrible run-d

Crickett
10-30-2007, 10:57 AM
2)Rams- Jake Long, OT, Michigan

I will say this. If Jake Long is not a LT at the pro level, IMO, he is not worth a top seven pick much less #1 or #2.

4)Jets- Darren McFadden, HB, Arkansas

Every time I see someone give the Jets give McFadden in a mock, it scares me.

1. Already have the running back: Thomas Jones signed long term.
2. The Jets OL: Can't run block worth a damn.
3. Been here done this: This reminds me a little too much of the Bears drafted Cedric Benson #4 when they had Cedric Benson.

I'll say this: If the Jets draft McFadden with the offense the way it is now, IMO he will be a bust.

Jakey
10-30-2007, 11:05 AM
The Steelers pick is good, but O-Line is our biggest need.

Unbiased
10-30-2007, 01:54 PM
That would just be ridiculous if the Pats got their hands on Phillips.

Green Bay Scat
10-30-2007, 07:19 PM
I will say this. If Jake Long is not a LT at the pro level, IMO, he is not worth a top seven pick much less #1 or #2.

Every time I see someone give the Jets give McFadden in a mock, it scares me.

1. Already have the running back: Thomas Jones signed long term.
2. The Jets OL: Can't run block worth a damn.
3. Been here done this: This reminds me a little too much of the Bears drafted Cedric Benson #4 when they had Cedric Benson.

I'll say this: If the Jets draft McFadden with the offense the way it is now, IMO he will be a bust.

do u mean Thomas Jones?

cb9464
10-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Give the Eagles Malcolm Kelly instead.

aNYtitan
10-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Once again...we don't need a big possession receiver on the Titans. Even though Hardy might have some quickness, it doesn't increase our overall offensive speed. I personally am a much bigger fan of us drafting Ray Maualuga since we have no one of much note at ILB. Even though we run a cover 2, I think bringing in Ray improves us as a whole, as we can begin to use a rotation system to keep players fresh, and I perceive him being a Pro Bowl caliber linebacker in 3 years or less

Crickett
10-30-2007, 10:12 PM
do u mean Thomas Jones?

Yes.

:o

thebow305
10-30-2007, 10:27 PM
ok phins pick

iloxygenil
10-31-2007, 08:24 AM
I'll post it here just like everywhere else, I don't see how the Falcons can pass on McFadden if he's there. Brohm is the easy and obvious choice, but McFadden is the best player in the draft at a position of need for the Falcons. We have an incredible change up back, but we need a power back to make Petrino's offense work.

Cashmoney
10-31-2007, 11:53 AM
I'll post it here just like everywhere else, I don't see how the Falcons can pass on McFadden if he's there. Brohm is the easy and obvious choice, but McFadden is the best player in the draft at a position of need for the Falcons. We have an incredible change up back, but we need a power back to make Petrino's offense work.

franchise QB>Pro Bowl RB

amc2005
11-01-2007, 02:26 PM
I think my mock would've been extremely similar, I really like this one. Only problem I have is Campbell isn't in there and I think he's a shoo-in at the first round. I also think since the Jets locked up Thomas Jones in a long-term deal, I'm not so sure they will take D-Mac. Although he might just be a too good to pass up situation for the J-E-T-S!! Kind of like what New Orleans did with Reggie Bush.

Crow
11-01-2007, 09:42 PM
franchise QB>Pro Bowl RB
Very debatable.

TankDogg
11-03-2007, 06:56 PM
You'd have to be an idiot to think Mario Manningham is not a first round prospect. He's playing better than every junior/senior receiver in the country right now. He runs good routes, has good hands, is fast, and is great in the clutch. The team's that pass on him are gonna be sorry. I see him as an Issac Bruce type receiver.

d34ng3l021
11-03-2007, 11:18 PM
It will be hard picking Brian Brohm with Darren McFadden on the board. McFadden is easily the BPA and Brohm's stock is falling.

cowboysforever
11-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Solid cowboys mock.....

If he comes out -- give me Malcolm Kelly over Doucet anny day.

cowboysforever
11-03-2007, 11:27 PM

Is there a better performer in College FB at WR?

That kid is money. He run <4.4 -- give me him over DeSean Jackson.

Always open, runs good routes and has great body control and hands.

BucSappy
11-10-2007, 04:26 PM
I don't understand the Pats taking Kenny Phillips.
They need ILB and CB much much more than a FS.

Love the Chiefs pick. (not a NE/KC fan either)

BaLLiN
11-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Great giants pick, we need a cover saftey badly, and could have the option of putting him at corner too