PDA

View Full Version : desean jackson or bust!

raidersfanxxx
10-30-2007, 02:01 AM
every mock i see its long this or campbell that. i know we need a RDE, but we are awful at WR. curry is the only one worth a starting spot. and when it comes to special teams were equally as bad. thats why were bring in tim dwight. woooow...really? were that desperate! thats were desean comes into play. he will kill 2 birds with one stone. i think we need to surround jamarcus with all the tools possible to help him succeed, ala the colts with peyton manning. what do you guys think?

Turtlepower
10-30-2007, 02:33 AM
every mock i see its long this or campbell that. i know we need a RDE, but we are awful at WR. curry is the only one worth a starting spot. and when it comes to special teams were equally as bad. thats why were bring in tim dwight. woooow...really? were that desperate! thats were desean comes into play. he will kill 2 birds with one stone. i think we need to surround jamarcus with all the tools possible to help him succeed, ala the colts with peyton manning. what do you guys think?

But can't you easily get a WR in early round 2 like Early Doucet, Limas Sweed, or Harry Douglas?

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-30-2007, 10:13 AM
But can't you easily get a WR in early round 2 like Early Doucet, Limas Sweed, or Harry Douglas?
Not only that but the WR's you listed fit our system better than Jackson does.I like DJ Hall alot though.Our pass rush is even worse than our WRs.What we should be doing is trying to get the ball more into Zach Miller's hands.The way I see it RDE,NT,and OT are all alot more needed than WR.

Stash
10-30-2007, 04:40 PM
We need a big time playmaker on offense, whether it be WR or a RB like McFadden (if we get to pick that high). Jackson would be nice, but I think it is unlikely because he probably won't be worth a top 10 pick. I think he is somewhat similar to Ginn and MIA got a ton of criticism for picking him at that spot. Like the other guys said you can find good WR talent in round 2.

Don't forget SS, we really need one of those as well. I would like to see either DT or SS in the 1st because we really need an impact player in those spots.

raidersfanxxx
10-31-2007, 02:32 AM
we would be crazy not to pick up a wideout on the first day.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-31-2007, 02:49 AM
We need a runningback, and I'm not convinced that Michael Bush is that guy. I would absolutely love McFadden, but I shudder at how much we'd have to suck down the stretch to sign him, and at how much that would cost. Someone like Felix Jones or Kevin Smith in the second round would be nice.

I don't think we're completely awful at wideout. Whether Porter will stick around very long or not is certainly a question, but him paired with Curry is a fine tandem. I'm not saying we couldn't use a promising youngster, but I don't think it's a 1st round priority.

With the way Sims is playing and the way our run defense is playing, those are obviously the things that need to be addressed.

portermvp84
11-01-2007, 10:33 AM
I would really like to take Limes Sweed Desean Jackson. Our Wr's blow dogs for quarters. We also can't do much with Daunte Culpecker under the gun. I'm hoping JR is ready to start next season.