PDA

View Full Version : Can Hines be a HOF'er?

Jakey
10-30-2007, 05:07 AM
I love Hines and pretty much every Steelers fan does, he even gets praise from the media (which is rare for a steeler), but nobody, not even me untill now, conciders him as a HOFer. Stallworth and Swann are both in the hall, and by the time Hines retires he should own every single steelers recieving record there is. He is the steelers only 4 time probowl reciever, he was voted to the 75th anny team and he is one of the most liked players in the league. But can he make it to the hall of fame???
Discuss.

Caddy
10-30-2007, 05:35 AM
If he can continue playing as consistently as he has for the past decade for another 4-5 years I think he is definitely worthy of a place in the hall of fame. That would put him around 11,000 yards and close to 1000 receptions. That might be a little optimistic but it is not impossible.

Man_Of_Steel
10-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Yes, hes closer than you think too. The next few years for him will just be icing. Hes gonna be the most productive WR in Steelers history and hes a Superbowl MVP. I give him a 91% chance.

Mr. Stiller
10-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Agreed. He's outdone everything by Steelers receivers. With 2 more TD's he'll tie John Stallworth for most all-time for a Steelers WR.

I think his decade of hard work being one of the most consistent, dominant Wr's and a media Darling.. The Superbowl ring and MVP were just icing on the cake.