View Full Version : 2008 Mock- Post Week 8

NYGibril28
10-30-2007, 07:20 AM
As always with me, records as of now, with net points being tiebreakers

1. St. Louis Rams - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

2. Miami Dolphins - Calais Campbell, DE, Miami (FL)*

3. New York Jets - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas*

4. Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
Switching it up a bit. Remember when Norm Chow was signed as the offensive coordinator for Tennessee and everyone thought that meant Leinart would be the pick. Well, this is management's decision, not Petrino's, and I think Ryan is the better prospect now.

5. New England Patriots (v/SF) - James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State*
Dear San Francisco, please start winning. Sincerely, every football fan outside of New England

6. Cincinnati Bengals - Chris Long, DE, Virginia

7. Oakland Raiders - Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

8. Minnesota Vikings - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

9. Chicago Bears - Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky

10. Houston Texans - Jake Long, OT, Michigan

11. Denver Broncos - Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL)*

12. Buffalo Bills - Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State*

13. New Orleans Saints - Keith Rivers, LB, USC

14. Arizona Cardinals - Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn

15. Philadelphia Eagles - DeSean Jackson, WR, California

16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida

17. Kansas City Chiefs - Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma*

18. Washington Redskins - Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma

19. Carolina Panthers - Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State*

20. Dallas Cowboys (v/CLE) - Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State
Dear Cleveland, please continue to win. Sincerely, everyone who hates "America's Team"

21. Baltimore Ravens - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona

22. Seattle Seahawks - Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon*

23. San Diego Chargers - Dan Connor, LB, Penn State

24. Detroit Lions - Jonathan Goff, LB, Vanderbilt
Funny thing about the Lions, they are 5-2, yet they are being outscored by 22 points this year.

25. Jacksonville Jaguars - Sam Baker, OT, USC

26. Tennessee Titans - Early Doucet, WR, LSU

27. Pittsburgh Steelers - Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt

28. New York Giants - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas*

29. Green Bay Packers - Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida

30. San Francisco 49ers (v/IND) - Demario Pressley, DT, N.C. State

31. Dallas Cowboys - DeJuan Tribble, CB, Boston College

Xiomera
10-30-2007, 07:30 AM
24. Detroit Lions - Jonathan Goff, LB, Vanderbilt
Funny thing about the Lions, they are 5-2, yet they are being outscored by 22 points this year.

That has a lot to do with that Philly game where we gave up 52 points.

I would much prefer Sam Baker, who you have going one pick later. Goff isn't a firts round talent in my mind. We could use an OT like Baker realy bad, and his value is far greater at that point.

bored of education
10-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Brian Brohm is not good enough to be drafted twice

NYGibril28
10-30-2007, 07:48 AM
That has a lot to do with that Philly game where we gave up 52 points.

Even so, they lost that game by 25. They are 5-1, outscoring there opponents by a total of 3 points.

I would much prefer Sam Baker, who you have going one pick later. Goff isn't a firts round talent in my mind. We could use an OT like Baker realy bad, and his value is far greater at that point.

I know I'm higher on Goff than most, but is LB more of a need than OT?

T-RICH49
10-30-2007, 08:44 AM
I am a big fan of Loadholt so nice pick

Finsfan79
10-30-2007, 09:10 AM
not sure how I feel about campbell to us. I think he hasnt preformed great this year, I love his talent just gotta wonder is all.

If dorsey is gone dont mind the pick biggest potential pllayer in the draft.

Of course rather a trade back if possible always :)

Wyndham
10-30-2007, 09:39 AM
I'd be disappointed if KC finishes with a record that puts them where you have them, but thrilled with Loadholt. Couldn't ask for a better pick IMO. In fact, that's a ridiculous first round for the AFC West; all four teams nabbing elite prospects.

As far as the Lions go - that's what happens when you suffer a blowout. It skews the stats. Good thing is, a loss is a loss, so it really doesn't matter. That's why net point differential will never be a very accurate measuring stick.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Id see us much more likely taking Jake Long.Ellis is another UT.We dont need another UT.

princefielder28
10-30-2007, 11:28 AM
You have Jonathan Stewart at #22. I think after his workouts and people sit back and watch what he's done he'll make his way up into the Top 15. He is a sensational back that is continually getting better and impressing more.

Turtlepower
10-30-2007, 11:37 AM
I like Talib. Good pick. =D

brat316
10-30-2007, 11:39 AM
like the eagles pick, but i think a lot of eagles would like to see a linemen picked, but i like it, i think they need an electrifying player.

49ers169
10-30-2007, 12:02 PM
I like the 49ers draft. Pressley is a great pickup.

Oaktown1981
10-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Long would be a better pick than Ellis. Raiders need a NT not another UT.

KCJ58
10-30-2007, 12:47 PM
solid Rams selection

Canadian_draft_fan
10-30-2007, 12:55 PM
*Sigh* yet another DB in the first round for the Skins. I'm not saying it won't happen and that CB isn't a need. However, I pray to God the Skins spend 2 of their 3 picks on Oline and Dline (preferable a defensive end). Just my opinion.

bearsfan_51
10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
I declare that all mocks from now on should be 3 rounds. I pithy these first round mocks.

Fine Bears pick.

Man_Of_Steel
10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Goff to the Lions is a big reach. Hes a second-third round tweener.

NYGibril28
10-30-2007, 01:44 PM
You have Jonathan Stewart at #22. I think after his workouts and people sit back and watch what he's done he'll make his way up into the Top 15. He is a sensational back that is continually getting better and impressing more.

Believe me I think Stewart is much better than the 22nd overall pick, but I don't see many teams in need of a RB. I agree he's a much better prospect then where I have him drafted.

NYGibril28
10-30-2007, 01:44 PM
I declare that all mocks from now on should be 3 rounds. I pithy these first round mocks.

Fine Bears pick.

Ha, my mocks like these are ones that I do during class. I don't put a full effort in to it. Later on in the year, I plan to rival you. :D

thebow305
10-30-2007, 02:43 PM
not sure how I feel about campbell to us. I think he hasnt preformed great this year, I love his talent just gotta wonder is all.

If dorsey is gone dont mind the pick biggest potential pllayer in the draft.

Of course rather a trade back if possible always :)

I agree completely.... If we don't trade down (which is what i want most) then Calais would be the perfect pick there! Thanks!

Also, nice explanation about the Matt Ryan pick! It could happen!

xooberon
10-30-2007, 03:00 PM
sam baker for the panthers please!

NYGibril28
10-30-2007, 03:02 PM
sam baker for the panthers please!

No. When will people get it? If it's the same position, don't bother throwing out another player's name. I think Ryan Clady is a better prospect than Sam Baker. I'm not going to change the pick because you like Sam Baker better.

xooberon
10-30-2007, 03:16 PM
No. When will people get it? If it's the same position, don't bother throwing out another player's name. I think Ryan Clady is a better prospect than Sam Baker. I'm not going to change the pick because you like Sam Baker better.

baker is the best zbs ot in the draft, for our scheme he would be the better pick

NYGibril28
10-30-2007, 03:20 PM
baker is the best zbs ot in the draft, for our scheme he would be the better pick

That's a little better.

Caddy
10-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Again with the 1st round DE pick. The Buccaneers have almost no chance of taking a DE one year after taking Gaines Adams. A Sam Baker or Ryan Clady or even Malcolm Kelly are much better options there.

GB12
10-30-2007, 04:02 PM
I'd want Felix Jones, but I guess that depends on if he'll come out or not. Though being a high second at worst I don't see why he wouldn't.