PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday Thread Week 10

Pages : [1] 2 3

draftguru151
10-30-2007, 08:41 AM
Discuss week 10 games.

OSU gets another test against Wisconsin this week. I don't think it will be much of a game though.

LSU/Bama is a huge SEC match up. Saban against his old team. Ryan Perrilloux won't be playing.

ASU vs Oregon is definitely the biggest game. Winner has a good chance at the NC.

Pretty good weekend of games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules

RyanLeaf#1
10-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Games that I am looking forward to:

Rutgers vs Connecticut. I think Rutgers upsets UConn this week.

Oregon State vs USC. Oregon State is on a 3 game winning streak and USC has not looked like the USC of old.

Navy vs Notre Dame. Well if Notre Dame loses I will be jumping off my roof.

Wisconsin vs Ohio State. I expect a really close game unlike the PSU vs OSU game

ASU vs Oregon. I think ASU finds a way to win this game.

Temple vs Ohio. My Owls are on a 3 game winning streak. Tough game for them this week I dont know if they can beat Ohio on the road.

Turtlepower
10-30-2007, 11:37 AM
ASU vs Oregon. I think ASU finds a way to win this game.

You are officially my best friend. =D

SuperMcGee
10-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Temple vs Ohio. My Owls are on a 3 game winning streak. Tough game for them this week I dont know if they can beat Ohio on the road.

Buffalo at Miami could decide the division winner. Should be good, although we're not near as good on the road. Thanks for beating Miami so we still have a chance even if we lose

RyanLeaf#1
10-30-2007, 04:42 PM
You are officially my best friend. =D

Well I think ASU is more dangerous then USC offensively. But they will have some problems keeping Oregon out of the endzone. I see a 41-31 ASU win.

RyanLeaf#1
10-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Buffalo at Miami could decide the division winner. Should be good, although we're not near as good on the road. Thanks for beating Miami so we still have a chance even if we lose

Yea Miami is definitely overrated. Temples defense shut them down.

scottyboy
10-30-2007, 04:51 PM
god, RU better win. A win locks up a bowl, and probably a pretty good one too. just damn though, 3 losses. i think the big east is WVA's to lose. Uconn wont score on RU, i thikn RU wins this 24-7

BrownsTown
10-30-2007, 05:07 PM
I hate the Big 10 network.

Chaucer
10-30-2007, 05:07 PM
god, RU better win. A win locks up a bowl, and probably a pretty good one too. just damn though, 3 losses. i think the big east is WVA's to lose. Uconn wont score on RU, i thikn RU wins this 24-7

Uconn averages 30PPG, RU gives up 20 PPG, and all of a sudden Uconn wont be able to score?

Enlighten me.

RU has held 3 teams to under 23... Syracuse(amazing O got 14), Norfolk State(0), and Buffalo(3).

duckseason
10-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Well I think ASU is more dangerous then USC offensively. But they will have some problems keeping Oregon out of the endzone. I see a 41-31 ASU win.

But SC doesn't have anything to do with this game. Who has the more dangerous offense in this game? Whose QB has a swollen throwing thumb right now? Who's playing at home? How much of a factor does that home field play? Which team has looked better this season? Which team looked better last week? Which of these two teams went to the other's house last year and stomped their way to a 35 point victory? Sure, ASU is much improved under Erickson, but so are we. And both teams will be fielding a lot of the same kids that played in that game last year. I mean, come on RL. What exactly does ASU have going for themselves that the Ducks don't? Where do they have an advantage in this game? Revenge? Don't you think the Ducks are just as anxious to avenge the loss to Cal?

Everybody makes their own picks, but I just can't imagine ASU beating us at all, let alone by 10. I think they'll need to win the turnover battle by a good margin and catch a few breaks. Or just play the game of their lives. If they show up looking like they did against Cal last week, they will lose by a similar margin to what we saw last year in Tempe. I guarantee my Ducks will show up with fire in their bellies. We're a lock to cover the 7, imo. I haven't felt this strong about any of our games this season. Is there something you're seeing that I'm not? Just a gut feeling?

BrownsTown
10-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Uconn averages 30PPG, RU gives up 20 PPG, and all of a sudden Uconn wont be able to score?

Enlighten me.

RU has held 3 teams to under 23... Syracuse(amazing O got 14), Norfolk State, and Buffalo.

To be fair to him, UConn aint no Norfolk State ;)

RyanLeaf#1
10-30-2007, 05:42 PM
But SC doesn't have anything to do with this game. Who has the more dangerous offense in this game? Whose QB has a swollen throwing thumb right now? Who's playing at home? How much of a factor does that home field play? Which team has looked better this season? Which team looked better last week? Which of these two teams went to the other's house last year and stomped their way to a 35 point victory? Sure, ASU is much improved under Erickson, but so are we. And both teams will be fielding a lot of the same kids that played in that game last year. I mean, come on RL. What exactly does ASU have going for themselves that the Ducks don't? Where do they have an advantage in this game? Revenge? Don't you think the Ducks are just as anxious to avenge the loss to Cal?

Everybody makes their own picks, but I just can't imagine ASU beating us at all, let alone by 10. I think they'll need to win the turnover battle by a good margin and catch a few breaks. Or just play the game of their lives. If they show up looking like they did against Cal last week, they will lose by a similar margin to what we saw last year in Tempe. I guarantee my Ducks will show up with fire in their bellies. We're a lock to cover the 7, imo. I haven't felt this strong about any of our games this season. Is there something you're seeing that I'm not? Just a gut feeling?

I know that Oregon is home, and who has a bad thumb. You tell me how big homefield means.... Oregon is the team that lost to Cal at home right?... Which team looked better this season?... They are both averaging beating their opposition by 21. So I would say they both look around the same. Who looked better last week. Again I would have to say pretty much the same Oregon won by 7 ASU won by 11. Last years ASU team is a totally different team. I dont think you can compare the two. The Ducks avenged the Cal loss against 3 teams already. Duck you should know by now that nothing in this business is a lock. If you havent learned that then im not so sure you should be gambling. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING is ever a lock. Im seeing a line that is 4 points to many. I understand the 3 for homefield purposes. But if Oregon thinks they are going to walk all over a Dennis Erickson team. They are highly mistaking. Yes I predicted a 10 point win for ASU and im standing by it.

vatech=accdomination
10-30-2007, 05:53 PM
here is to hoping VT doesnt drop the ball UVA so nicely put back in our court.

fenikz
10-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Everyone seems to think ASU is still all offense, they have the #1 Defense in the Pac-10 & the #7 scoring defense in the nation. Only .2 more points allowed per game then LSU & the #11 ranked defense against the run which is what I assume Oregon is going to try to do because ASU also is #15 in the Nation in INT's and tied for 3rd with the most INT's returned for TD's

This is a completely different style of team than I have ever seen at ASU, and I personally believe that Rudy Carpenter's thumb is perfectly fine, he helped score 3 TD's I believe after he injured it and the conversation between him and Erickson sounded a little staged to me

"You're not supposed to wear that," Erickson said with a smile. "Now, I mean, how are we going to fake people out?"

Of course I live in Arizona so I will be pulling for ASU so thats just my partially biased opinion

kwilk103
10-30-2007, 06:27 PM
as a wvu fan, im rootin for asu; reason being, i can see them losing a game before oregon; i could see asu losing to usc before oregon loses one of their remaining games

is it a 3:30 game on abc?

RyanLeaf#1
10-30-2007, 06:28 PM
as a wvu fan, im rootin for asu; reason being, i can see them losing a game before oregon; i could see asu losing to usc before oregon loses one of their remaining games

is it a 3:30 game on abc?

Im pretty sure its a night game.

fenikz
10-30-2007, 06:36 PM
yah it's 3:30 Pacific time on ABC

kwilk103
10-30-2007, 07:02 PM
so thats 6:30 et?

fenikz
10-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Yes I believe

btw ASU's new slogan is

F**k it, I'm going deep

Green Bay Scat
10-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Vandy vs Florida

can we beat florida? i say yes(in my dreams)

lets kick them while their down

draftguru151
10-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Vandy vs Florida

can we beat florida? i say yes(in my dreams)

lets kick them while their down

I heard Jay's gonna come and play so he can get that victory over UF that he deserves.

BrownsTown
10-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Yes I believe

btw ASU's new slogan is

F**k it, I'm going deep

No that's OSU when Beanie is resting.

1st down Handoff to Mo Wells for nothing.

2nd down Handoff to Mo Wells for nothing.

3rd down Chuck the **** out of that sucker.

Green Bay Scat
10-30-2007, 09:05 PM
I heard Jay's gonna come and play so he can get that victory over UF that he deserves.

i bet no one would notice if he traded spots with Adams....their both moble white QBs

bearsfan_51
10-30-2007, 09:06 PM

Enlighten me.

RU has held 3 teams to under 23... Syracuse(amazing O got 14), Norfolk State(0), and Buffalo(3).
Don't try to rationaize Rutgers football with Scotty. Total lost cause.

Green Bay Scat
10-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Bennett Named Biletnikoff Semifinalist

if only we could throw more than 15 times a game....and complete more than 7, he would be doing better

Turtlepower
10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
yah it's 3:30 Pacific time on ABC

Except it will be on ***** FSN Arizona here in AZ with their crappy color comentator who is the only person in the country to call ASU, "A-State."

Green Bay Scat
10-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Except it will be on ***** FSN Arizona here in AZ with their crappy color comentator who is the only person in the country to call ASU, "A-State."

do the A-state shuffle?

duckseason
10-30-2007, 09:20 PM
I know that Oregon is home, and who has a bad thumb. You tell me how big homefield means.... Oregon is the team that lost to Cal at home right?... Which team looked better this season?... They are both averaging beating their opposition by 21. So I would say they both look around the same. Who looked better last week. Again I would have to say pretty much the same Oregon won by 7 ASU won by 11. Last years ASU team is a totally different team. I dont think you can compare the two. The Ducks avenged the Cal loss against 3 teams already. Duck you should know by now that nothing in this business is a lock. If you havent learned that then im not so sure you should be gambling. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING is ever a lock. Im seeing a line that is 4 points to many. I understand the 3 for homefield purposes. But if Oregon thinks they are going to walk all over a Dennis Erickson team. They are highly mistaking. Yes I predicted a 10 point win for ASU and im standing by it.

Of course there is no such thing as a lock. That goes without saying. People use that term to describe a pick that has a very high probability of winning. Barring unforeseen injuries/turnovers/penalties, the Ducks are as sure a thing to cover the spread as I've seen this year.

You're certainly free to form your own opinion, but I think your perception of these two teams is a bit inaccurate. Those numbers you posted really don't mean much to me. You can't compare them on numbers alone because they've been playing different teams every week. Even the common opponents are actually a different team in each of the games. The way I judge a team is by watching them. ASU just doesn't look like they can keep up with us in a shootout. I believe we are playing better football than them in pretty much every facet of the game right now. That's all it comes down to for me. You can call me a blind homer, but sometimes it's the guy that watches every play his team has played and every play he could catch of their opponent whose perception is most accurate. ASU will need a lot of help from bounces and zebras if they expect to beat this Ducks team at home with the way they're playing right now.

And you're right, this year's ASU team is different than last year's. I thought I said that. My point was that we are just as improved as they are, and that a lot of the guys who'll be playing on Saturday were also playing in the game last year. That is most definitely relevant. Only one small thing to consider when predicting the outcome of this game, but relevant nonetheless.

This Sun Devil team is good, but most definitely overrated. Mark my words- we will have a tougher time beating the Beavers than we will with ASU. This ASU team is severely overrated right now partially thanks to having their tougher games at the end of their schedule, and having faced a Cal team that played their worst game of the season last Saturday. I'm not sure people realize that they've played 6 of 8 games in Tempe. Their only road games have been against Stanford and Washington State. They were very lucky to escape Wazzu with a win. Not sure if you heard what happened in that game, but many people feel as though the Cougars were robbed of a TD. Everybody spent the week berating Pac10 officials much in the same fashion they did last year with the Oregon-Oklahoma catastrophe. But it wasn't a big game at the time, so I wonder how much of the nation heard about that or even remembers. Take a look at the box score and see what they did against that beastly cougar team. Did you watch them against Cal? Were you impressed? Did you watch us against Cal? Were you impressed?

You can point to who got the W and you can point to the stats and all that, but I think most people who watched both games would agree that the Cal team that came into Autzen was far superior to the one that showed up in Tempe. Our loss to Cal was a "loss" and ASU's win was a "win." Not sure how else to put it. We are clearly the superior team right now. But, I am happy to hear that so many people are rating ASU so highly. It just makes our win that much more impressive in the eyes of the masses. And it's funny because we have 2 more games on our schedule that I would argue are just as tough, if not tougher, yet nobody will expect the Wildcats or Beavers to compete with us. This is the time to bet Oregon. The line has been distorted by ASU's "success." Nothing is guaranteed in the game of football, but in wagering parlance, this is a LOCK. You're leaving money on the table if you ignore it. Feel free to throw these words right back in my face for the rest of the season if I'm wrong.

ironman4579
10-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Michigan/Michigan State Baby! Lol, I would say most people probably don't care too much about this game but us Michigan fans, but there's so darn many of us on this site.

soybean
10-30-2007, 11:47 PM

are you sure? I heard espn bought the rights to this game from FSN.

Turtlepower
10-30-2007, 11:49 PM
are you sure? I heard espn bought the rights to this game from FSN.

They bought the rights to it in all markets except AZ and Oregon.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=43#s=43&f=1679&t=1314231

soybean
10-31-2007, 12:08 AM
They bought the rights to it in all markets except AZ and Oregon.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=43#s=43&f=1679&t=1314231

lol that sucks, i hate fsn.

edit: wait what about california? it says in all pac-10 markets it's on fsn?

Turtlepower
10-31-2007, 12:15 AM
lol that sucks, i hate fsn.

edit: wait what about california? it says in all pac-10 markets it's on fsn?

Here's a better link: http://www.pac-10.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102907aag.html

It will be on FSN West for you, so no ESPN. FSN sucks. It shouldn't even be a sports channel.

soybean
10-31-2007, 12:24 AM
DAMNIT!!! why can't they just put it on abc with herstreit and musberger or even dan fouts.

I hate the fsn announcers they're monotone and FSN doesn't capture the effects/sounds of the stadium nearly as well as espn/abc.

fenikz
10-31-2007, 01:11 AM
BOOOOOOOOOO FSN

that guy who does the pro's vs joe's is the worst f**king announcer ever

Turtlepower
10-31-2007, 01:18 AM
BOOOOOOOOOO FSN

that guy who speaks worst f**king announcer ever

I fixed it for you.

asu2100
10-31-2007, 10:32 PM
I don't think i've ever seen a cockier fan base going into a game then the Oregon one. Listen, i respect your opinion and all, but almost everyone of theinks that ASU has no chance in this game, not to mention Autzen is now the 8th wonder of the world.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 12:29 AM
I don't think i've ever seen a cockier fan base going into a game then the Oregon one. Listen, i respect your opinion and all, but almost everyone of theinks that ASU has no chance in this game, not to mention Autzen is now the 8th wonder of the world.

Well, technically it's the 9th wonder. Your mom's cavernous vagina just beat us out for that 8th spot.

Really though, I don't mean to come across as cocky. I'm just expressing my honest opinion of what the outcome of this game will be. I respect this ASU team for who they truly are. No more, no less. I could be wrong, but I just don't see this as a close game. You won't hear this from me every week. I'm not some blind homer. I thought we'd have a tough time with both Cal and SC, and stated such on this board. I feel differently about this match up though. Nothing cocky about that at all. ASU has a lot to prove before they can come into Autzen and expect to be feared. They just haven't showed me much this year other than the ability to score a lot of points on weaker opponents visiting Tempe, and escaping near losses to mediocre teams who outplayed them for much of the game. Beat us in Autzen, and I'll have all the respect in the world for them. You can't help but feel confident as a Duck fan coming into this match up.

RockJock07
11-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Well, technically it's the 9th wonder. Your mom's cavernous vagina just beat us out for that 8th spot.

Really though, I don't mean to come across as cocky. I'm just expressing my honest opinion of what the outcome of this game will be. I respect this ASU team for who they truly are. No more, no less. I could be wrong, but I just don't see this as a close game. You won't hear this from me every week. I'm not some blind homer. I thought we'd have a tough time with both Cal and SC, and stated such on this board. I feel differently about this match up though. Nothing cocky about that at all. ASU has a lot to prove before they can come into Autzen and expect to be feared. They just haven't showed me much this year other than the ability to score a lot of points on weaker opponents visiting Tempe, and escaping near losses to mediocre teams who outplayed them for much of the game. Beat us in Autzen, and I'll have all the respect in the world for them. You can't help but feel confident as a Duck fan coming into this match up.

LOL, OMG, LOL that was great.

Nevertheless, I'm not a fan of either team, but Oregon wins this game. The only question will be if ASU decides to just pound the ball. Oregon is fast on D, but undersized. I'm really not convince that Carpenter is healthy either.

Yes, ASU ran the ball well against CAL but CAL has a average defense at best. I just don't see how ASU's defense can stop Dixon/Stewart/Johnson/Crenshaw/Williams, just to many weapons.

Turtlepower
11-01-2007, 02:43 AM
Yes, ASU ran the ball well against CAL but CAL has a average defense at best. I just don't see how ASU's defense can stop Dixon/Stewart/Johnson/Crenshaw/Williams, just to many weapons.

ASU does have the best Run D in the PAC-10 and a top-15 one in the nation. What really matters is how well Dixon is able to pass the ball.

RockJock07
11-01-2007, 09:52 AM
ASU does have the best Run D in the PAC-10 and a top-15 one in the nation. What really matters is how well Dixon is able to pass the ball.

Well, ASU got gashed by Oregon St. and Washington and the devils shut down teams that are bad and have no running game, plus they haven't faced anything close to the offense they are going to see Saturday.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Well, ASU got gashed by Oregon St. and Washington and the devils shut down teams that are bad and have no running game, plus they haven't faced anything close to the offense they are going to see Saturday.

They also beat a Cal team who defeated Oregon in Oregon.

Turtlepower
11-01-2007, 11:12 AM

ASU beat Oregon St. 44-32

ASU beat Washington 44-20

We got so thrashed by those teams it's unbelievable.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 12:22 PM
ASU beat Oregon St. 44-32

ASU beat Washington 44-20

We got so thrashed by those teams it's unbelievable.

He was referring to your claim that ASU has the best run defense in the Pac10. In reality, they're ok against the run, and have been gashed by guys like Louis Rankin and Yvenson Bernard while posting good stats against teams who struggle to run the ball and were passing on the majority of their plays against you. There's no doubt in my mind that SC has the best run defense in the pac10. Stats are often misleading. Stop Dixon and Stewart, and you can claim you have the best run D.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 12:24 PM
They also beat a Cal team who defeated Oregon in Oregon.

Genius logic. Go back and watch the games and tell me who looked better, Oregon or ASU. Those were two completely different Cal teams.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Genius logic. Go back and watch the games and tell me who looked better, Oregon or ASU. Those were two completely different Cal teams.

The main reason I said what I said was to get you fired up. It obviously worked, and im sitting in work right now laughing and people are looking at me like im nuts. Your all over your boys this weekend. I would think that you would be scared, but your treating this as a gimme.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 12:42 PM
The main reason I said what I said was to get you fired up. It obviously worked, and im sitting in work right now laughing and people are looking at me like im nuts. Your all over your boys this weekend. I would think that you would be scared, but your treating this as a gimme.

Yeah, it seems odd. But that's just the way I feel about it. I follow the Pac10 very closely and just don't think ASU can come up here and keep up with us. SC had me a bit concerned, as did Cal. Hell, I thought Michigan had a great shot at beating us at the time. But as the season has progressed, my confidence in this team has grown with each week. At the same time, I've seen ASU's reputation rise significantly in the eyes of many, but my perception of them is a bit different. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see what's so scary about them.

But hell yeah I'm fired up for this game. I don't take your comments personal or get angry when reading them. I just like to get my viewpoint out there and let everybody know where I stand. It may sound homerish to hear an Oregon fan say that our game against Cal was much tougher, but it's what I believe. I've never been afraid to voice my opinion. It's irrelevant anyway, I guess. They beat them, and we chalked up a loss against them. That's the bottom line.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, it seems odd. But that's just the way I feel about it. I follow the Pac10 very closely and just don't think ASU can come up here and keep up with us. SC had me a bit concerned, as did Cal. Hell, I thought Michigan had a great shot at beating us at the time. But as the season has progressed, my confidence in this team has grown with each week. At the same time, I've seen ASU's reputation rise significantly in the eyes of many, but my perception of them is a bit different. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see what's so scary about them.

But hell yeah I'm fired up for this game. I don't take your comments personal or get angry when reading them. I just like to get my viewpoint out there and let everybody know where I stand. It may sound homerish to hear an Oregon fan say that our game against Cal was much tougher, but it's what I believe. I've never been afraid to voice my opinion. It's irrelevant anyway, I guess. They beat them, and we chalked up a loss against them. That's the bottom line.

Well goodluck, and im glad to see that the game is going to be on ESPN.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Well goodluck, and im glad to see that the game is going to be on ESPN.
Thanks. Man will I look dumb if we lose though. Haha.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks. Man will I look dumb if we lose though. Haha.

No it will just really show that anything can happen in college football, and remember the better team dont always win.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 01:17 PM
No it will just really show that anything can happen in college football, and remember the better team dont always win.

Yep, that's definitely true. For all I know, we could come out flat or turn the ball over 4 times to 0 like we did against Cal. I just think we've got every perceivable aspect in our favor though. You're right, there's a lot of unpredictable things that can happen in a college football game, and these are really just a bunch of college kids I'm banking on. But as far as predictions or picks go, I see this as being as much of a lock as I've seen this year.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Yep, that's definitely true. For all I know, we could come out flat or turn the ball over 4 times to 0 like we did against Cal. I just think we've got every perceivable aspect in our favor though. You're right, there's a lot of unpredictable things that can happen in a college football game, and these are really just a bunch of college kids I'm banking on. But as far as predictions or picks go, I see this as being as much of a lock as I've seen this year.

Well we will both be betting on two different sides so one of us has to come out of this game a winner. But I am still debating on taking ASU moneyline or taking the points.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Well we will both be betting on two different sides so one of us has to come out of this game a winner. But I am still debating on taking ASU moneyline or taking the points.

Wow, the moneyline? I asked you before, but don't think you answered- what are you seeing in ASU that I'm not? Seems like you'd have to be counting on Dixon throwing 5 INT's like Canfield did. I can't think of any area of the game that they have any real advantage over us right now.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Wow, the moneyline? I asked you before, but don't think you answered- what are you seeing in ASU that I'm not? Seems like you'd have to be counting on Dixon throwing 5 INT's like Canfield did. I can't think of any area of the game that they have any real advantage over us right now.

I dont know how this is a game that you pick as a lock. This is the type of game where I want the touchdown before the game starts. I dont want to have to be worrying late in the game... Like oh no my team is only up 3 I need a touchdown or I dont cover. I have been looking into this game alot, and what the teams have done in the 2nd half. ASU has scored 147 second half points while their opponents have only scored 35. As for Oregon they have scored 148 but have allowed 83. I really think if Oregons lead isnt at least 2 touchdowns at half then I dont think they will cover. If I were you I would take the 220 that your going to throw on Oregon and just lay the 220 to win a 100 back on the moneyline. That way you dont have to lay any points. I am going to end up taking ASU at plus 7. But I wouldnt be surprised if it is up to 7.5 or even 8 at kickoff.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 02:32 PM
I dont know how this is a game that you pick as a lock. This is the type of game where I want the touchdown before the game starts. I dont want to have to be worrying late in the game... Like oh no my team is only up 3 I need a touchdown or I dont cover. I have been looking into this game alot, and what the teams have done in the 2nd half. ASU has scored 147 second half points while their opponents have only scored 35. As for Oregon they have scored 148 but have allowed 83. I really think if Oregons lead isnt at least 2 touchdowns at half then I dont think they will cover. If I were you I would take the 220 that your going to throw on Oregon and just lay the 220 to win a 100 back on the moneyline. That way you dont have to lay any points. I am going to end up taking ASU at plus 7. But I wouldnt be surprised if it is up to 7.5 or even 8 at kickoff.
Yeah, see those numbers don't really mean anything to me. I've watched both these teams quite a bit and think it will be very surprising to see them outscore us in the second half. And let's not forget that we've played a much tougher schedule than they have. That right there kinda nullifies most stats comparisons between these two teams.

I'll point back to one of their only 2 road games of the season- WSU. You want to look at stats, go check what they did against them. Even if we were headed to Tempe, I'd still feel confident. But at Autzen? I'm sorry but I see Rudy getting rattled into a few mistakes. That O-line definitely won't keep him off his back, and they just don't have the overall team speed to keep up with us, imo. Their defense just won't be able to handle the spread option. SC did about as much as you can expect from a defense in trying to contain us. ASU will not be nearly as successful because they don't have the team speed and I doubt they play flawlessly and never bite on any fakes or find themselves out of position like every other team has.

I already put the 220 down as soon as I got the chance. I didn't want to risk a line change. I decided on this pick while watching the ASU-Cal game and couldn't wait to see if the line was at 6 like I expected. They need to play at a much, much higher level than they did against Cal to compete with us in our own house. They've looked mediocre all season, and they just reinforced that opinion last Saturday. I never even considered the money line, because I see this as a double digit win, even with a garbage TD at the end. I fully expect to see our offense roll, and our defense to hold them for the majority of the game. 45-24 sounds about right to me. I'll be surprised to see the margin of victory less than 10.

This is the week that ASU gets exposed, although those who've been watching them already know who they are. A mid-tier Pac-10 team. The tape doesn't lie, but the paper will mislead you. I hate to see you throw money down the drain with this pick. You're banking on injuries/turnovers/zebras, imo, because what you're seeing in their defense is a mirage. They're good, but definitely not the best in the Pac10. Stats be damned. I'll go on record once more and say that Oregon St will give us more trouble than ASU will this Saturday.

ArtfulDodger
11-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Much tougher schedule consist of a Michigan team that couldn't stop the spread offense if a high school team and a USC team that lost to Stanford. Interesting.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Much tougher schedule consist of a Michigan team that couldn't stop the spread offense if a high school team and a USC team that lost to Stanford. Interesting.

Call it how you see it, but ASU has played 6 of 8 games in Tempe and their toughest opponent was a Cal team that contributed their worst effort of the season. If you follow the Pac10 closely, you'd understand that ASU's 8-0 is very misleading. And yes, SC is a tough opponent, regardless of what happened against Stanford. We all know that.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Call it how you see it, but ASU has played 6 of 8 games in Tempe and their toughest opponent was a Cal team that contributed their worst effort of the season. If you follow the Pac10 closely, you'd understand that ASU's 8-0 is very misleading. And yes, SC is a tough opponent, regardless of what happened against Stanford. We all know that.

I understand what your saying about being misleading, but at the end of the day they are still 8-0. Obviously they have done something right to get this far, and have a flawless record. USC is definitely a tough opponent. I dont care if they lost to Stanford. USC is a good team.

M.O.T.H.
11-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Mcfadden versus the Gamecocks horrible run defense...oh boy. This should be an interesting game. Also, I'm not too happy w/ the Smelley benching...let the kid learn, Blakes a lost cause.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah, see those numbers don't really mean anything to me. I've watched both these teams quite a bit and think it will be very surprising to see them outscore us in the second half. And let's not forget that we've played a much tougher schedule than they have. That right there kinda nullifies most stats comparisons between these two teams.

I'll point back to one of their only 2 road games of the season- WSU. You want to look at stats, go check what they did against them. Even if we were headed to Tempe, I'd still feel confident. But at Autzen? I'm sorry but I see Rudy getting rattled into a few mistakes. That O-line definitely won't keep him off his back, and they just don't have the overall team speed to keep up with us, imo. Their defense just won't be able to handle the spread option. SC did about as much as you can expect from a defense in trying to contain us. ASU will not be nearly as successful because they don't have the team speed and I doubt they play flawlessly and never bite on any fakes or find themselves out of position like every other team has.

I already put the 220 down as soon as I got the chance. I didn't want to risk a line change. I decided on this pick while watching the ASU-Cal game and couldn't wait to see if the line was at 6 like I expected. They need to play at a much, much higher level than they did against Cal to compete with us in our own house. They've looked mediocre all season, and they just reinforced that opinion last Saturday. I never even considered the money line, because I see this as a double digit win, even with a garbage TD at the end. I fully expect to see our offense roll, and our defense to hold them for the majority of the game. 45-24 sounds about right to me. I'll be surprised to see the margin of victory less than 10.

This is the week that ASU gets exposed, although those who've been watching them already know who they are. A mid-tier Pac-10 team. The tape doesn't lie, but the paper will mislead you. I hate to see you throw money down the drain with this pick. You're banking on injuries/turnovers/zebras, imo, because what you're seeing in their defense is a mirage. They're good, but definitely not the best in the Pac10. Stats be damned. I'll go on record once more and say that Oregon St will give us more trouble than ASU will this Saturday.

Good thing you put down the 220 already because its up to 7.5

soybean
11-01-2007, 03:14 PM
The thing about ASU is how they always seem to be letting teams jump out to early leads. I remember I think it was colorado that scored 19 first quarter points. ASU ended up winning but it's going to catch up with them sooner or later.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I understand what your saying about being misleading, but at the end of the day they are still 8-0. Obviously they have done something right to get this far, and have a flawless record. USC is definitely a tough opponent. I dont care if they lost to Stanford. USC is a good team.

I agree, they're 8-0 and nobody can take that away from them. They've had a great season and appear to be a team on the rise until Erickson inevitably abandons them. But I'm all about accurate perception. I don't let numbers fool me. I know how good their team is right now, and I know how good we are. Stats don't play a part in the formation of those opinions. This ArtfulDodger can sit there and act like we played the same Cal team as ASU did, but I know the truth. They were definitely the Golden Bears of California, but the similarities end there. It'll be great to see how many people want to talk about this come Saturday night.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 03:23 PM
The thing about ASU is how they always seem to be letting teams jump out to early leads. I remember I think it was colorado that scored 19 first quarter points. ASU ended up winning but it's going to catch up with them sooner or later.

Yeah, I believe their only chance this week is to win the turnover battle by a solid margin. Like Cal did. We will definitely drive the ball on them and make some plays on defense. That much is certain. I think once people see the opening kickoff they may begin to have a change of heart about this game. Playing at Autzen is much different than playing at Stanford. I'm not sure this ASU team is ready for it. They've certainly yet to prove anything on the road. Sometimes it's tough for people to remember just how big HFA is at times like these until they're actually sitting there watching the QB and O-line struggle.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 03:27 PM
I agree, they're 8-0 and nobody can take that away from them. They've had a great season and appear to be a team on the rise until Erickson inevitably abandons them. But I'm all about accurate perception. I don't let numbers fool me. I know how good their team is right now, and I know how good we are. Stats don't play a part in the formation of those opinions. This ArtfulDodger can sit there and act like we played the same Cal team as ASU did, but I know the truth. They were definitely the Golden Bears of California, but the similarities end there. It'll be great to see how many people want to talk about this come Saturday night.

I'll be here, and if ASU dont cover the 7.5 or whatever the number is at kickoff you can bust my balls. Thats fine. Atleast I will stand by my play, and ride ASU this week plus whatever the points are at kickoff.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Good thing you put down the 220 already because its up to 7.5

Yeah I figured it would slide a bit. I was hoping for it to open at 6, but really I'd be making this play if it were as high as 9. The more I think about and analyze this match up, the more confident I feel.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 03:33 PM
I'll be here, and if ASU dont cover the 7.5 or whatever the number is at kickoff you can bust my balls. Thats fine. Atleast I will stand by my play, and ride ASU this week plus whatever the points are at kickoff.

Yeah I usually don't gloat very much or try to make people feel bad after the game. Especially if they lost money on it. But it'll be interesting to see if anybody has anything to say. We should start a separate thread for this game that includes a public poll so we can see where everybody stands.

RockJock07
11-01-2007, 03:34 PM
I really am looking foward to this game. I'm glad ESPN picked it up so that not only fans of College football can see the game out in the east and midwest, but also to see Dixon and Stewart, and if ASU wins, Rudy Carpenter.

Finz99
11-01-2007, 03:42 PM
I really hope Oregon wins. I live in Arizona, and I can't stand the annoying ASU fans that are around here. Most of them are bandwagon fans, and only came out this year because they are doing well. I hate walking around the area I live and see all the stupid ASU hats on.

Actually I hope they beat Oregon, and then choke like crazy and lose to U of A. God I can't stand ASU.

P-L
11-01-2007, 03:56 PM
I just can't see Oregon losing this game.

Shane P. Hallam
11-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Oregon could lose, but ASU IS overrated. The Pac 10 is good, no doubt this year.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Anyone have any predictions on the VTech vs GTech game tonight? Im taking VTech plus the 3 points.

kwilk103
11-01-2007, 06:51 PM
i hope gt wins

Primetime21
11-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Anyone have any predictions on the VTech vs GTech game tonight? Im taking VTech plus the 3 points.

You mean minus 3. VT is favored.

duckseason
11-01-2007, 06:59 PM

Huh? At what book?

Primetime21
11-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Man Glennon is looking sharp in that fancy jersey.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 07:03 PM

Virginia Tech is the underdog

Primetime21
11-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Virginia Tech is the underdog

I thought with the injury to Choice that it would be no brainer for VTech to be favored. Wow home field advantage is so important for the line. My bad.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Its hilarious how 4 people on Vtech had their jerseys stolen, and they are wearing inside out GTEch jerseys.

jballa838
11-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Sweet Call kick the onside kick

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 07:31 PM
3-3 VTech just kicked a FG then onside kicks it and recovers.

Turtlepower
11-01-2007, 07:40 PM
So... I guess this pertains to college football, but ASU's Memorial Union caught on fire and won't be open for a couple months probably. Anyone who has been to a college knows that not having your student union blows. Plus, I am out of a sweet job I had. =(

Go Sun Devils!!!

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Glennon QB sneak touchdown VTech 10- GTech 3

soybean
11-01-2007, 07:49 PM
So... I guess this pertains to college football, but ASU's Memorial Union caught on fire and won't be open for a couple months probably. Anyone who has been to a college knows that not having your student union blows. Plus, I am out of a sweet job I had. =(

Go Sun Devils!!!

anybody hurt?

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 07:53 PM

Go Sun Devils!!!

Sorry about your job.

Turtlepower
11-01-2007, 07:55 PM
anybody hurt?

Nobody is hurt, but it looks like the place will be closed for a month or two because of extensive damage and different chemicals released into the air. Thank god nobody is hurt, but the MU provided so many jobs to people and the campus is going to be so crazy and crowded.

Turtlepower
11-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Sorry about your job.

Appreciate it, but I was going to have to quit at the end of the semester for a paid internship I'm getting.

I wonder if this will affect the ASU football team at all... There is no place for Rudy Carpenter to get his Whopper. =(

soybean
11-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Nobody is hurt, but it looks like the place will be closed for a month or two because of extensive damage and different chemicals released into the air. Thank god nobody is hurt, but the MU provided so many jobs to people and the campus is going to be so crazy and crowded.

they'll probably get compensated, or at least the ones working full time. Where's everyone gonna eat now? where are they going to hang out now???

probably where panda express is.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Touchdown VTech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turtlepower
11-01-2007, 08:03 PM
they'll probably get compensated, or at least the ones working full time. Where's everyone gonna eat now? where are they going to hang out now???

probably where panda express is.

Dave's Doghouse will be making bank. Actually, that sounds pretty good right now..

soybean
11-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Dave's Doghouse will be making bank. Actually, that sounds pretty good right now..

so good (especially the sliders), but so expensive. you ever been to chuck box?

GB12
11-01-2007, 09:29 PM
I hate the Big 10 network.
Oh but it gets even better. The Big Ten Network has announced that it will carry 19 Wisconsin basketball games. That's right, I won't get to watch 2/3 of the games of a team that's less than an hour and a half away from me. This ****'s really pissing me off.

kwilk103
11-01-2007, 09:31 PM
acc is horrible

Turtlepower
11-01-2007, 09:36 PM
so good (especially the sliders), but so expensive. you ever been to chuck box?

When I was a freshman and lived on campus, I remember looking at my bank statement and noticing how I was eating Dave's Doghouse sliders 8 times in 7 days. I think Chuckbox is more expensive and I don't like how it is cash only.

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 10:14 PM
VTech with an easy victory tonight over GTech. The best I have ever seen Glennon play.

CARDIAC CAT 7
11-01-2007, 11:00 PM
WOW Michael Johnson the DE from Georgia Tech is an absolute freak, glad to see him play.

kwilk103
11-01-2007, 11:04 PM
what number was he?

was he the guy that blasted glennon in the 1st half?

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 11:13 PM
WOW Michael Johnson the DE from Georgia Tech is an absolute freak, glad to see him play.

His verticle must be out of this world. When he blocked that FG he was up there.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-02-2007, 12:13 PM
If he adds 10 or 15 pounds to his frame and stays another year that guy is a top 10 pick. They said he's a junior. Freak of nature. The downside is he's about 6'7" but only 250. I've seen him before in a GT game but this is the first time I paid attention.

D-Unit
11-02-2007, 01:44 PM
http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/pr.html?prid=14779&p=3

Release Date: 11/01/07

University of Hawai'i quarterback Colt Brennan will be featured on ESPN's College GameDay program this Saturday. The show, hosted by Chris Fowler and analysts Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit, will also air a segment featuring Brennan which was shot prior to the start of the season.

Fowler will conduct an interview with Brennan via phone at approximately 5:15 a.m. The segment featuring Brennan spearfishing on the North Shore will air during the telecast, which runs from 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. HST.
The show will originate from Eugene, Ore., prior to Oregon's match-up with Arizona State.

Earlier this week, Brennan appeared on ESPN's College Football Live show which was hosted by Joe Schad.

holtfan92
11-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Can't wait for the Michigan State vs #12 Michigan game. Michigan State could win if their ground game works because we have 2 good backs. Containing Hart is the biggest key because if he runs wild we won't have a chance.

RyanLeaf#1
11-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Ohio 10 Temple 7 at half... Lets go Temple!!!!!!!!

ToldLikeItIs
11-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Ahh, it's bright and early and I'm on the message boards here at my hotel in Evanston.

It looks to be a great day of football. I'm really excited for the Buckeye, Badger machtup in particular.

Who does everyone have between the Wildcats and Hawkeyes today? Iowa linebacker Mike Humpal is out with a high ankle sprain for the game, and that could be a big issue considering his coverage skills and our defensive schemes.

I predict 24-17, Hawkeye victory.

GB12
11-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Ahh, it's bright and early and I'm on the message boards here at my hotel in Evanston.

It looks to be a great day of football. I'm really excited for the Buckeye, Badger machtup in particular.

Who does everyone have between the Wildcats and Hawkeyes today? Iowa linebacker Mike Humpal is out with a high ankle sprain for the game, and that could be a big issue considering his coverage skills and our defensive schemes.

I predict 24-17, Hawkeye victory.
Northwestern 28-14

Geo
11-03-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm so looking forward to LSU/Bama.

Everyone else likes Oregon too, right? The Sun Devils aren't that great, plus Oregon is at home.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm so looking forward to LSU/Bama.

Everyone else likes Oregon too, right? The Sun Devils aren't that great, plus Oregon is at home.

I like Arizona State plus the 8 points, and the Bama game should be a good one.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Purdue 7-0!!!!!!!!!!!! kickoff return.

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Larry Coker is announcing the UM/NC State game. Kinda funny.

Kenny Phillips with a good play on the ball.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Larry Coker is announcing the UM/NC State game. Kinda funny.

Kenny Phillips with a good play on the ball.

I took Miami moneyline I didnt wanna mess with the spread.

Sniper
11-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Purdue 7-0!!!!!!!!!!!! kickoff return.

I laughed.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 11:15 AM
I laughed.

Yea Penn State just put together a nice drive, but ended up kicking a FG. 7-3 Purdue still leads.

princefielder28
11-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Brian Robiskie TD.......7-0 Buckeyes

iowatreat54
11-03-2007, 11:18 AM
god, the announcers on ESPN2 are the absolute worst...I don't think they have ever watched a game prior to today and just make up "facts" as they go...they also have no idea who any players are because they are incapable of reading jersey numbers to identify them

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 11:21 AM
DERRON THOMAS! Wow what a run!

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Purdue leads 10-3 after a long FG.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Wisconsin with a fake punt!!!!!!!! First down on Ohio States 22.

princefielder28
11-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Wisconsin with a fake punt!!!!!!!! First down on Ohio States 22.

That a baby Kenny!

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 11:26 AM
UM takes a 3-0 lead. Kirby Freeman is awful.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Wisconsin kicks a FG 7-3 Ohio State.

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Earl Bennett against UF in his career, 19 catches, 232 yards and 3 TDs in 2 games. He's gonna have to have a big game for Vandy to have a chance.

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Kirby Freeman is AWFUL.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Purdue fumbles on Penn States 1.

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Missed kick by NC State after a long drive. Still 3-0 UM.

bearsfan_51
11-03-2007, 12:05 PM
This Kansas-Nebraska game is quite entertaining.

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 12:07 PM
84 YARD TD DARNELL JENKINS!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooo

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Touchdown Penn State 10-10

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Troy State 3 Georgia 0

SuperMcGee
11-03-2007, 12:23 PM
This Kansas-Nebraska game is indeed pretty exciting, although Kanas definitely has the momentum now. Reesing just had a nice throw and then an easy one, 21-14 Kansas

JagHombre22
11-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Does anyone see the similarities between Percy Harvin and Reggie Bush?

The guy is absolutely electric, every time he gets the ball he's likely to go the distance...4 catches 50 yards; 2 rushes 50 yards 1 td...

zCaddyz
11-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Percy Harvin is a beast, but i have a question whats is he a wr that plays rb sometimes or a rb that plays wr sometimes

georgiafan
11-03-2007, 12:27 PM
UGA up 7-3 after a Knowshon Moreno 80 yard run. We fumbled twice and they only got 3 points. There QB is starting

KCJ58
11-03-2007, 12:27 PM
im watching the Nebraska/Kansas game its a good game

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Penn State takes a 13-10 lead before half.

JagHombre22
11-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Percy Harvin was an athlete coming into Florida...I really think he's more (now) of a running back that lines up in the slot...

KCJ58
11-03-2007, 12:40 PM
touchdown Kansas 28-14

soybean
11-03-2007, 12:42 PM
percy harvin is a weapon. He'll probably play wr at the next level.

soybean
11-03-2007, 12:43 PM
can wisconsin please beat ohio state?

KCJ58
11-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Nebraska makes a touchdown game

kwilk103
11-03-2007, 12:52 PM
is osu playin bad? i get the powerhouses known as pitt and 'cuse

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 12:54 PM
is osu playin bad? i get the powerhouses known as pitt and 'cuse

Touchdown Wisconsin Beckum a 28 yarder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 12:57 PM
TD Purify for Nebraska over Aqib Talib.

georgiafan
11-03-2007, 01:01 PM
UGA tied at 10 with troy, apprently our game plan was to not give Moreno the ball even though he has 100 yards on 6 carries

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Purdue kicks a FG and ties the game at 13.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-03-2007, 01:05 PM
what a horrible pass by Ganz.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Anybody else feeling a Sparty upset today?

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Touchdown Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 17-10 they now lead.

kwilk103
11-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Td Wisky!!!!!!!!!

JagHombre22
11-03-2007, 01:10 PM
I pray to God that Wisconsin beats an over rated Ohio State team...

Chaucer
11-03-2007, 01:11 PM
tOSU is losing.

JagHombre22
11-03-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't know why Tebow is not still a heisman candidate...he has three passing td's and one rushing td through the first half against Vanderbilt...

bearsfan_51
11-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I pray to God that Wisconsin beats an over rated Ohio State team...
If there is a God, I'm guessing he/she/it has better things to do.

bearsfan_51
11-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I don't know why Tebow is not still a heisman candidate...he has three passing td's and one rushing td through the first half against Vanderbilt...
He's still a candidate, but Ryan and Dixon are the favorites becuase they have a shot at the NC.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 01:13 PM

He also has 3 loses. He dont have a shot Heisman winners dont have 3 loses.

georgiafan
11-03-2007, 01:13 PM
I think I could complete passes to UF WR's they are wide open

JagHombre22
11-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Percy Harvin...at Halftime...

7 carries for 84 yards 1 td
8 catches 105 yards

Twiddler
11-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Let's go Badgers!!! Too bad hardly anyone can watch this because practically no one has Big Ten Network.

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 01:15 PM
He also has 3 loses. He dont have a shot Heisman winners dont have 3 loses.

They also aren't sophomore's. I don't care how open the race is this year, a 3 loss sophomore doesn't have a chance.

KCJ58
11-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Kansas up by 21

soybean
11-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Nebraska's defense is an insult to college football.

JagHombre22
11-03-2007, 01:17 PM
so if BC loses tonight and Oregon loses to ASU...and Ohio State loses to Wisconsin...

who seriously gets consideration...Tebow is the best player in college football right now...sophomore or not...he's playing better football than the rest of the country...

kwilk103
11-03-2007, 01:19 PM
so if BC loses tonight and Oregon loses to ASU...and Ohio State loses to Wisconsin...

who seriously gets consideration...Tebow is the best player in college football right now...sophomore or not...he's playing better football than the rest of the country...

pat white; that would put wvu back in top 4

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 01:20 PM

No hes not the best player in college football he has 3 loses. Get over it he isnt winning the Heisman this year. Who on Ohio State is in the Hesiman running? It doesnt matter if TOSU loses it doesnt affect the Hesiman race at all.

soybean
11-03-2007, 01:21 PM
cmon wisconsin... geez...

KCJ58
11-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Kansas 48-21

KCJ58
11-03-2007, 01:22 PM

than ASU will be #1! :)

RyanLeaf#1
Purdue kicks a 50 yard FG 16-13 they now lead!!!!!!!!

holtfan92
I wouldn't be shocked if Kansas racks up 70-80 points today, though their kicker missed the PAT after the TD.

OhioState
11-03-2007, 01:24 PM
chris wells!!!!!!!!!!!!!

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Darnell Jenkins is having a great game catching and running the ball. The direct snaps haven't been working for him but the sweeps have. Interesting new wrinkle for the offense.

bwillie26
11-03-2007, 01:28 PM
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/maasx003/Vikings/images/bag.jpg

Turtlepower
11-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Nebraska's defense is an insult to college football.

Completely agree. People will make too big of a deal of Kansas beating Nebraska, even though people should be wondering how Nebraska's defense sucks soooooooooo bad.

etk
11-03-2007, 01:29 PM
DG.....WTF!! Did you see that catch. How could they not reverse that!?!?!

etk
11-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Let's go Badgers!!! Too bad hardly anyone can watch this because practically no one has Big Ten Network.

It's my 2nd option when the Miami game is on commercial. In HD mind you.

Sniper
11-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Anybody else feeling a Sparty upset today?

You shut your mouth.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 01:31 PM
You shut your mouth.

I will say that MSU wins the game today.

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 01:31 PM
That's ********. That was obviously a catch.

Sniper
11-03-2007, 01:33 PM

I will say that you are incorrect. I will say that Navy beats ND.

KCJ58
11-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Erin Andrews is Hot!

Sniper
11-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Erin Andrews is Hot!

In other surprising news, the Sun is hot.

KCJ58
11-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Touchdown Penn State!

Turtlepower
11-03-2007, 01:36 PM

Isn't this the same MSU team that lost to IOWA!!!! =D

But you are spot on with your ASU prediciton!!!! =D

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Touchdown Penn State!

And they didnt make the extra point. On a side not Wisconsins run defense sucks.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 01:37 PM
I will say that you are incorrect. I will say that Navy beats ND.

I will say you are wrong with both of them predictions.

OhioState
chris wells!!!!!!!!!!!

holtfan92

I agree :)

Sniper
11-03-2007, 01:40 PM
chris wells!!!!!!!!!!!

Can burn in eternal hell...He's ******* good.

KCJ58
11-03-2007, 01:40 PM
whats the score of the Ohio State game

georgiafan
11-03-2007, 01:41 PM
UGA up 24 to 10 at the half to troy, but it has been a very close game. Moreno has 150 yards and 1 TD and Stafford has 116 yards and 2 TD.

holtfan92

OSU is up 24-17, i think.

Chaucer

24-17 OSU.

OhioState
Can burn in eternal hell...He's ******* good.

yeah, my boy, he always has his best games when he gets carries and he usually heats up late, just like today

KCJ58
11-03-2007, 01:42 PM
what quarter?

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Darnell Jenkins has played more DB than WR on offense today. Wow I hate Kirby Freeman.

holtfan92
11-03-2007, 01:44 PM
what quarter?

4th quarter.

Wisconsin with a 3 and out.

Twiddler
11-03-2007, 01:46 PM
4th quarter.

Wisconsin with a 3 and out.

Yeah, its not looking good. At all.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Did Wisconsin try to fake a punt again?

holtfan92
11-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Yea, i can't watch it.. but that sucks they got stopped on 4th down. OSU 2nd and 3 on the 18 of Wisconsin.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Yea, i can't watch it.. but that sucks they got stopped on 4th down. OSU 2nd and 3 on the 18 of Wisconsin.

Terrible coaching by Wisconsin they stink. You dont fake it on your own 20 what is that coach an idiot.

KCJ58
11-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Purdues ball!

kwilk103
why would you do a fake punt on your own 25? theres still a whole quarter to play

draftguru151
NC State ties it up.

RyanLeaf#1
why would you do a fake punt on your own 25? theres still a whole quarter to play

Because the coach is an idiot thats why.

holtfan92
I'm surprised that call didn't get overturned in the PSU game, looked like he stepped out of bounds but oh well.

OhioState
11-03-2007, 01:50 PM
ok, now i can relax a little, i was pissed before

Babylon
11-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Watching Kansas State vs Iowa st(not sure why), Josh Freeman is borderline brutal. In his defense the play calling isnt much but this guy is bigtime overhyped. He's got about 18 minutes to turn things around.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Thats what Wisconsin gets they should just not play the rest of the game they are ****** idiots.

JagHombre22
11-03-2007, 01:52 PM
just when I thought that Ohio State was finally going to lose...

oh well...

kwilk103
11-03-2007, 01:52 PM
i'd like to hear the wisky coach defend that playcall

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 01:53 PM
i'd like to hear the wisky coach defend that playcall

Ohio State is going to end up winning this game by 4 touchdowns because their coach is a jerkoff.

Sniper
11-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Ohio State is going to end up winning this game by 4 touchdowns because their coach is a jerkoff.

Wisconsin sucks

diabsoule
4th Quarter 9:55 left to go.

Ohio State 31 Wisc. 17

Wisc. just fumbled the ball deep in their own territory.

Laurenitis is having a beastly game.

kwilk103
i thought he meant the wisky coach?

Turtlepower
11-03-2007, 01:55 PM
The Big 10 is soooo top heavy once again this year. There middle of the pack teams really have to step up.

RyanLeaf#1
Notre Dame is up 7-0

kwilk103
i dont get why wisky was runnin the ball; i was followin on gamecast and they didnt seem to get any yardage at all, but when they passed they seemed successful

Sniper
11-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Notre Dame is up 7-0

Good to see Hughes get the TD...good for him.

diabsoule
11-03-2007, 01:56 PM
I think it shows what kind of talent Troy has to stay in the game with Georgia for a half. Troy is building up a nice program and I think in a few years they will want to up their competition and move out of the Sun Belt.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 01:57 PM
I cant believe Wisconsin really faked it on their own 20. That coach should be fired.

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Why the **** are we throwing the ball. Kirby has 4 completions today, 3 to the other team.

diabsoule
11-03-2007, 01:58 PM
i dont get why wisky was runnin the ball; i was followin on gamecast and they didnt seem to get any yardage at all, but when they passed they seemed successful

Wisc. has been running the ball because their best WR is out and they don't really have any body else. Their quarterback play is also questionable.

At the beginning of the year Wisc. looked really good but they have some injuries to key players which have really hurt their team.

diabsoule
11-03-2007, 01:59 PM
I cant believe Wisconsin really faked it on their own 20. That coach should be fired.

Yeah, that was a boneheaded decision. Fake it on your own 20, with 14:00 to go in the game and down by a touchdown. That guy shouldn't have gotten drunk on cider before the game.

Twiddler
I can't watch the Badgers anymore. How can a team start off so hot in the second half and then blow so badly so fast. Unbelievable. Screw this, I'm doing homework.

Turtlepower
Wisc. has been running the ball because their best WR is out and they don't really have any body else. Their quarterback play is also questionable.

At the beginning of the year Wisc. looked really good but they have some injuries to key players which have really hurt their team.

Isn't there best player, Running back PJ Hill, also out?

Sniper
11-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Isn't there best player, Running back PJ Hill, also out?

PJ Hill is not a better player than Jack Ikegwuonu

Turtlepower

I'll concede to that. Best offensive player?

RyanLeaf#1
Yeah, that was a boneheaded decision. Fake it on your own 20, with 14:00 to go in the game and down by a touchdown. That guy shouldn't have gotten drunk on cider before the game.

I cant believe that.

Sniper
11-03-2007, 02:01 PM
I'll concede to that. Best offensive player?

Meh I suppose.

Turtlepower
11-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Meh I suppose.

Mostly because Wisconsin shows how much it sucks as a team today.

Sniper
11-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Mostly because Wisconsin shows how much it sucks as a team today.

Travis Beckum>Pj Hill

bwillie26
11-03-2007, 02:04 PM
The Nebraska - Kansas game may be one of the worst defensive efforts from both squads that I have EVER seen.

I expected Nebraska to look like a JV team out there, but I can't believe Kansas has looked pretty much the same versus a QB who is getting his first significant snaps ever.

Damm what a grab by Purify right there. Should be a top 10 play right there.

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 02:05 PM
NC State takes the lead. I'm gonna go kill Kirby brb.

Turtlepower
11-03-2007, 02:06 PM
The Nebraska - Kansas game may be one of the worst defensive efforts from both squads that I have EVER seen.

I expected Nebraska to look like a JV team out there, but I can't believe Kansas has looked pretty much the same versus a QB who is getting his first significant snaps ever.

Damm what a grab by Purify right there. Should be a top 10 play right there.

Amidst this horrible play, both Aqib Talib and Zack Bowman are playing relatively well. I really haven't seen one of them give up that many plays.

bearsfan_51
11-03-2007, 02:07 PM

But can he steal an XBox without getting caught?

iowatreat54
TD Iowa...21-17 Iowa over Northwestern with 7:44 left in the game that no one cares about

bwillie26
Stupid double post.

I hate dial up internet.

georgiafan
11-03-2007, 02:09 PM
sniper your team better not let me down today i have money on them

Sniper
11-03-2007, 02:12 PM
sniper your team better not let me down today i have money on them

Yeah I'll be sure to let them know, just for you.

Sniper
11-03-2007, 02:12 PM
But can he steal an XBox without getting caught?

No. He's too big and slow to make it out without getting noticed.

bwillie26
11-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Amidst this horrible play, both Aqib Talib and Zack Bowman are playing relatively well. I really haven't seen one of them give up that many plays.

Talib has given up both TD passes to Purify. Would've given up another TD pass to our TE, but Ganz threw a horrible pass to him early in the game.

Bowman has not got picked on simply for the fact everyone else is screwing up around him. Why throw on him when you can pick on 'Dre Jones (how the 'eff was this guy a 5 star player?), Green, Asante, Wortman, etc.,

OhioState
11-03-2007, 02:13 PM
chris wells!!!!!!!!! is the man

Sniper
11-03-2007, 02:14 PM
mike hart is the man

Yup, he sure is.

soybean
11-03-2007, 02:18 PM
chris wells sucks!!!!!!!!!

yup, he sure does.

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Big first down on 4th and inches inside the 20. UM is going for the win. 40 seconds left.

iowatreat54
11-03-2007, 02:20 PM
another TD Iowa...28-17

Christensen has looked horrible this season but this 2nd half he looks like he's starting to get used to playing...now he just needs to start playing like this all game instead of starting games 0-10 with horrible mis-throws

draftguru151
11-03-2007, 02:23 PM
The 15 straight runs on that drive used too much clock, we had to throw the ball into the endzone and Kirby sucks so no completions. 4th down and we're kicking a FG now.

EDIT: FG good, time for OT.

holtfan92
11-03-2007, 02:23 PM
:18 seconds for Purdue.. to get a TD. Not gonna happen.

SuperMcGee
11-03-2007, 02:26 PM
92 yard TD run for James Starks! 7-0 Buffalo!!

holtfan92
11-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Hail Mary for Purdue.. swated away! 26-19 PSU victory.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Well Wisconsins dumb ass coach just cost me a ton of money.

iowatreat54
11-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Well Wisconsins dumb ass coach just cost me a ton of money.

haha that game couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...good work bielema, you douche.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 02:30 PM
haha that game couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...good work bielema, you douche.

He should be fired instantly your down 7 why would you punt it on your own 25?