PDA

View Full Version : my week 8 post 2007 draft thoughts.

detknowitall
10-30-2007, 04:07 PM
5. Wow!!! What a difference a little confidence and year of experience in the offense and defense systems can make!!

4. James Hall are you still sure you were thankful to be traded to a Rams franchise that has a winning mentality?

3. Watching Favre throw a deep pass over Bly's head to a Greg Jennings in stride, and watching Foster get better at his blocking. And seeing Gerald Alexander pick off a pass in the endzone (the draft pick in that deal) Somehow I'm not missing Dre Bly as much.

2. Kevin Jones...yeah thats why we didnt take Adrian Peterson.

1. Have you been seeing all the highlight reels with BMW? Ive seen 3 in the past 2 weeks. All 3 were stunning drops that came on game winning drives that died because of those drops. His stats through week 8.....7 receptions for 90 yards. Wow. I would consider the trade that sent him to Oakland a steal except for the fact that we blew a top 10 pick on him.

truth393
10-31-2007, 02:35 PM
5. Wow!!! What a difference a little confidence and year of experience in the offense and defense systems can make!!

4. James Hall are you still sure you were thankful to be traded to a Rams franchise that has a winning mentality?

3. Watching Favre throw a deep pass over Bly's head to a Greg Jennings in stride, and watching Foster get better at his blocking. And seeing Gerald Alexander pick off a pass in the endzone (the draft pick in that deal) Somehow I'm not missing Dre Bly as much.
2. Kevin Jones...yeah thats why we didnt take Adrian Peterson.

1. Have you been seeing all the highlight reels with BMW? Ive seen 3 in the past 2 weeks. All 3 were stunning drops that came on game winning drives that died because of those drops. His stats through week 8.....7 receptions for 90 yards. Wow. I would consider the trade that sent him to Oakland a steal except for the fact that we blew a top 10 pick on him.

Gerald Alexander wasn't the pick in the Bly deal. He was a second round pick we got a 5th round pick in the Bly deal

TacticaLion
10-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Either way, good write-up. Watching Bly get burnt felt good... and KJones has been a beast. Scott Wright suggested that we should've taken AD (knowing what we know now), but I'd much rather have CJ and KJ than AD.

Alexander looks to be the part... and, when Bullocks is healthy, should form a solid, young secondary.

We've yet to breakout on offense... when (if) we do, we'll show if we're a team that can contend. If we don't, though, it'll be hard to secure our 10 wins.

detknowitall
10-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Gerald Alexander wasn't the pick in the Bly deal. He was a second round pick we got a 5th round pick in the Bly deal

Actually the 5th rounder we received from Denver I believe was part of a trade to get the 2nd round pick for Alexander. Our original 2nd rounder went for Stanton.

detroit4life
10-31-2007, 08:00 PM
we traded down to take stanton and then moved up to getr alexander im not sure if we used the 5th or not