PDA

View Full Version : RB Deshawn Wynn Done For Season

diabsoule
10-30-2007, 07:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3087400

Packers leading rusher is out for the season with a shoulder injury. There goes their running game, whatever was left of it.

On a side note, I'm giving up on fantasy football. This sucks.

mqtirishfan
10-30-2007, 10:39 PM

Packers leading rusher is out for the season with a shoulder injury. There goes their running game, whatever was left of it.

I think Ryan Grant might have won the starting spot anyway. Still, I feel bad for Wynn. He was running pretty well, and I wish him the best in his recovery.

Moses
10-30-2007, 11:07 PM

Wynn has been a big bandaid his entire collegiate and NFL career. Grant won the starting job after last week anyway. Still, he's probably the 2nd best RB on the roster so it's a bit of a blow.

Runningbacks are now:

1. Ryan Grant
2. Vernand Morency
3. Brandon Jackson

GB12
10-30-2007, 11:25 PM

Drop him for Ryan Grant. Even if Wynn wasn't hurt that'd be a good idea.

portermvp84
11-01-2007, 09:46 PM
How has Brandon Jackson looked so far?

neko4
11-01-2007, 09:47 PM
like doo-doo!

Moses
11-01-2007, 09:48 PM
How has Brandon Jackson looked so far?

Not very good. He hasn't even been active the past few weeks because Ryan Grant, DeShawn Wynn, and Vernand Morency have all outperformed him. We should see a bit more of him now that Wynn is on the IR. Still, Grant is going to get the bulk of the carries and Morency will be used as a change-of-pace back.

jackalope
11-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I don't see it as too much of a loss. I actually feel much better with Grant as the starter instead of Wynn. Grant played great last week (although against a bad run defense) and I prefer the way he runs over Wynn.

neko4
11-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Wynn draws some comparions to ron dayne IMO

Moses
11-01-2007, 10:00 PM

Wynn draws some comparisons to:

http://kingmagic.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/bandaid1.jpg

princefielder28
11-01-2007, 10:01 PM

Wynn actually draws comparisons to a peach; he looks good when he's up on his feet, the peach in the tree, but when he hits the ground and gets all bruised up and then he's useless.

neko4
11-01-2007, 10:02 PM
I think you mean a banana

Man_Of_Steel
11-01-2007, 10:04 PM

If you were starting Wynn in fantasy youre season was prob done anyway.

GB12
11-01-2007, 10:15 PM
If you were starting Wynn in fantasy youre season was prob done anyway.
He was actually a good fantasy option, while getting only 50 carries he has more points than Steven Jackson, Laurence Maroney, Julius Jones, Warrick Dunn, Rudi Johnson, Ahman Green, etc.

princefielder28
11-01-2007, 10:18 PM
He was actually a good fantasy option, while getting only 50 carries he has more points than Steven Jackson, Laurence Maroney, Julius Jones, Warrick Dunn, Rudi Johnson, Ahman Green, etc.

And what do they all have in common with Wynn.......INJURIES!!!!!

bigbluedefense
11-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Sad to see. I was a big Wynn fan during the draft. I thought he had potential to be a day 2 steal. I didn't expect him to fall to the 7th, but he was playing pretty good when the hole was there to run through.

Now I wonder if he'll ever get a chance. This was his year to prove it. GB will almost certainly go after a RB in the offseason now.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Now that everything is panning out as we move through the NFL and College football seasons, the quality and quantity of RB availability in the Draft and Free Agency is clearly better than last season. We might be scoring 30 a game if we had a feature RB.

Moses
11-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Sad to see. I was a big Wynn fan during the draft. I thought he had potential to be a day 2 steal. I didn't expect him to fall to the 7th, but he was playing pretty good when the hole was there to run through.

Now I wonder if he'll ever get a chance. This was his year to prove it. GB will almost certainly go after a RB in the offseason now.

He's always been a good player but he hasn't been able to stay on the field in college or the NFL. Simply not worth depending on him.

bigbluedefense
11-03-2007, 03:29 PM
He's always been a good player but he hasn't been able to stay on the field in college or the NFL. Simply not worth depending on him.

For a 7th rounder, I guess you can't ask for much. He'd be a nice 10 carry a game guy to compliment a true runner in the longterm future I guess.

Moses
11-03-2007, 03:38 PM
For a 7th rounder, I guess you can't ask for much. He'd be a nice 10 carry a game guy to compliment a true runner in the longterm future I guess.

He has the talent of a first day back, maybe even a first rounder. He's big, runs relatively hard, and has surprising speed. He was a top recruit out of high school. He's just always been hurt and hasn't produced at a consistent level.

BamaFalcon59
11-03-2007, 04:22 PM
And what do they all have in common with Wynn.......INJURIES!!!!!

Except Warrick Dunn. Who just sucks.

Addict
11-04-2007, 11:02 AM
He has the talent of a first day back, maybe even a first rounder. He's big, runs relatively hard, and has surprising speed. He was a top recruit out of high school. He's just always been hurt and hasn't produced at a consistent level.

consistency and not being injury prone does seem important, but he's been solid up to this point for the packers that's for sure.

Staubach12
11-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Except Warrick Dunn. Who just sucks.

And Julius Jons. Who also sucks.