PDA

View Full Version : Three Round Mock Draft

NYGibril28
10-31-2007, 03:47 PM
As always with my order, records as of now, tiebreakers decided by net points. No trades.

Round 1

1. St. Louis Rams – While few would argue the lack of depth in this year’s draft, not many will say that there is a lot of elite talent. In my eyes, Dorsey is the only elite senior prospect in the draft. The Rams have struggled all year, and with so much potential coming into the year, it’s been a disappointing year to say that the least. Dorsey gives them a penetrating interior presence on the defensive line, something that every team wants but not many have. He is truly a special player at his position and one of the best defensive tackle prospects, ever.

Selection: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

2. Miami Dolphins – While it’s obvious it’s a bad season for the Dolphins, it’s even worse considering the talent at the top of the draft doesn’t translate over to their needs as a franchise. John Beck is their QB of the future, and Ronnie Brown was turning it on before he got injured this year. WR was drafted last year, plus value isn’t really here. Jake Long is a possibility, but I question his ability to play LT in the NFL, and it is hard giving 2nd overall pick money to a RT. So, we look to the defense. Calais Campbell has a lot of potential at DE, but he’s still a bit raw. Chris Long is sure to be a good NFL player, but worthy of the #2 overall pick, maybe. LB doesn’t have value here, neither does CB or Safety. Trading down is easily the Dolphins best option, but with the lack of premier talent at the top, I can’t see a trade down happening. That being the case, I’m going to make a bit of a questionable pick here. You can say all you want that he’s being overhyped because of who his dad is, but NFL teams don’t care about that. If you actually watch him play, you’ll realize how good of a talent he is. Plus, he’s a perfect fit for the Dolphins defensive scheme.

Selection: Chris Long, DE, Virginia

3. New York Jets – Kellen Clemens is finally the starting QB, and in my eyes, by the end of the year the Jets won’t be in this position. I think the offense will flourish around Clemens, opening up the vertical passing game for Laveraneus Coles. The Jets have a strong nucleus in place on offense, from D-Brick, Mangold, Cotchery and Clemens. All that’s missing is a RB. Thomas Jones looked like a great acquisition during the off-season, but so far hasn’t panned out. Granted, some of that can be attributed to the offense’s lack of a downfield option, but nonetheless Jones is still at the age where running backs begin to decline. Leon Washington is a good option, but I don’t think you can count on him to carry a workload. Darren McFadden may be a better prospect than Reggie Bush was. Jake Long, also an option, but like I said with Miami, I don’t think you can take a RT this high. Value on defense doesn’t match up well with the talent available. Calais Campbell isn’t a good fit for the 3-4 defense.

Selection: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas (Jr.)

4. Atlanta Falcons – Well, it’s been a tough year, and that’s an understatement. Bobby Petrino has been under much scrutiny with the team and with the distractions with Michael Vick and even DeAngelo Hall, it’s hard to see this team improving much this season. When Byron Leftwich returns from injury, we’ll see if he has what it takes to run this offense. I’m a huge fan of Leftwich, but he’s never been healthy, and that’s held back his development. So, I think the Falcons have to look QB here. Brian Brohm makes a lot of sense given the Petrino connection, but he hasn’t been that impressive this year and has seen his stock decrease a bit. Matt Ryan however, has seen his stock skyrocket with a great senior season at Boston College. People want to jump on the Brohm to Atlanta bandwagon, but Norm Chow was hired at Tennessee a couple years ago and everyone expected that pick to be Leinart, but we saw how that worked out.

Selection: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

5. New England Patriots (v/SF) – A team this good, it’s almost unfair for them to be picking this high. They don’t have a lot of needs though, except at LB really. James Laurinaitis is the best LB available, but I really don’t think he’s a Top 5 pick. A trade down is a possibility, but like I’ve said before, I don’t see any teams in the market for a trade up. With all that being said, I can’t see the Patriots taking anyone other than Laurinaitis here. He’s the best LB in the draft, and it’s really there only need.

Selection: James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State (Jr.)

6. Cincinnati Bengals – Perhaps even more so than the struggles of the Rams, is the struggles of this team here. All those weapons on offense, and they still can’t win. Goes to show you just how important defense is. They need help on the front seven. LB value is gone with Laurinaitis off the board, so defensive line will be the pick. Calais Campbell or Sedrick Ellis. Honestly, I feel it’s a toss up, with it coming down to who is the better prospect because DE and DT are of equal need. That being said, the better prospect is Campbell. He’s got a lot more potential than Ellis, and could really develop into a dominating force on the outside.

Selection: Calais Campbell, DE, Miami (FL) (Jr.)

7. Oakland Raiders – While 2-5 is hardly an impressive record, I still like what the Raiders have been doing this year. I think they are on the right track with Lane Kiffin, they just need playmakers on offense. That being the case, DeSean Jackson is very tempting here. Sedrick Ellis is a possibility, but DT value will be there in Round 2. Jake Long is a possibility, but I can’t see Davis taking another OT only a few years after taking Gallery.

Selection: DeSean Jackson, WR, California (Jr.)

8. Minnesota Vikings – Well I didn’t even expect the Vikings to be this good. Granted, they are. Granted they are 2-5, but they have been in every game they’ve played. Their defense has really been good this year, or at least performed above expectations. Adrian Peterson has obviously helped out on offense too. The problem is he’s going to face a lot of 8 in the box sets until the Vikings add a new QB. Kelly Holcomb is the best QB on the roster. I like Tavaris Jackson, but he just hasn’t been able to develop and unfortunately, the Vikings don’t want to wait. So, Brian Brohm or Andre Woodson? I’m not sure I’m sold on either as Top 10 pick, they both have their weaknesses. Here’s another team that would like to trade down. When it comes down to it, Brohm is probably the safer pick. He doesn’t have as many questions marks as Woodson. He’s got a strong arm and good accuracy. Woodson’s slow release may turn teams away after the season.

Selection: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

9. Chicago Bears – The popular pick here has been a QB, and while I don’t necessarily disagree with it, I do feel the Bears have better options. I don’t think Andre Woodson is a Top 10 talent, and there’s depth in the draft to get a signal caller close to his level in Round 2 or 3, or even in 2009. I think Brian Griese will be okay for a year or two more. As for this pick, I think they go offensive line. Their line as a whole is a veteran group, so they need some youth behind that.

Selection: Jake Long, OT, Michigan

10. Houston Texans – If Jake Long had fallen one more pick, I think they would have taken him. For this pick, there’s a few directions they could go. They could use a RB, but I don’t think Jonathan Stewart is a good fit for the ZBS, and I don’t see any other running backs who provide value here. So we look to the defense, more specifically in the secondary. I want to give them a CB here, because I really like Malcolm Jenkins, but I think Kenny Phillips is just too good to pass up on. He’s got Ed Reed potential, and for a team without a duo of quality safeties, it’s real hard to pass on that.

Selection: Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL) (Jr.)

11. Denver Broncos – I didn’t make this mock easy on myself. Long would have been perfect for Houston, and Phillips would have been perfect for Denver. That the case, Denver has to look LB here. I don’t see many other needs other than LB. It’s hard to gauge the value of guys like Keith Rivers and Dan Connor though. I don’t think either of them warrants a pick this high as of now. One guy I really like though, is Rey Maulaluga. Bringing in Rey would enable the Broncos to move D.J. Williams back to the outside where he’s best suited.

Selection: Rey Maulaluga, LB, USC (Jr.)

12. Buffalo Bills – I think the Bills are in a great position here. They have two very good options at their disposal. Malcolm Jenkins makes a lot of sense at CB, with Nate Clements now in San Francisco, as does Sedrick Ellis, who provides the better value. At the end of the day, CB depth is much better than DT, and there is sure to be someone in the middle of Round 2 to step in.

Selection: Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

13. New Orleans Saints – After a 4 game losing streak to start the year, the Saints have won three in a row. I think it’s safe to say they will be picking a little lower than this at the end of the year. For now, they are here, and they need help on defense. Keith Rivers is available, and the Saints have one of the weaker LB corps in the NFL. To me, it’s a little bit of a reach, but for the Saints it is a very pressing need.

Selection: Keith Rivers, LB, USC

14. Arizona Cardinals – The offense is set. Maybe a couple more pieces on the O-Line, but asides from that, they are okay. This team will only go as far as their defense can take them. Malcolm Jenkins is the BPA here, and it’s at a position of need. Antrel Rolle has been a disappointment, and Eric King and Roderick Hood are less than desirable cornerbacks as well. Jenkins comes from a school with a long history of producing quality corners (Shawn Springs and Nate Clements to name a couple) and I think Jenkins will continue in that tradition.

Selection: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State (Jr.)

15. Philadelphia Eagles – The Eagles are another team who I feel have underachieved this year. I think the one thing missing from their offense is a consistent WR threat for Donovan McNabb. Kevin Curtis is a quality #2 guy, as is Reggie Brown, but neither is a #1 threat. The defense could use some work, but I’m not so sure there’s a pick here that makes much sense. Dan Connor is a reach, and I don’t think a 1st round CB is in the Cards for the Eagles. Safety doesn’t hold value. I think they look offense here, and I think that pick is Malcolm Kelly.

Selection: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma (Jr.)

16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Jeff Garcia was a great signing for this team, and it originally payed dividends, but a rocky stretch lately has Tampa Bay at 4-4. Running backs keep getting injured, so that doesn’t help. They have four quality running backs on the roster, so I think any notion of Jonathan Stewart here can be put to rest. Andre Woodson is an option, and in retrospect, probably the best option here because Garcia isn’t very young.

Selection: Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky

17. Kansas City Chiefs – I don’t think anyone expected this team to be 4-3 after the way they started off. Their defense has played well, but not spectacular. They could use some help anywhere on the defense, but nothing really sticks out as being a glaring need. Possibly a CB. However, their offensive line needs some work, and value is there. Phil Loadholt and Ryan Clady are both on the board, and both have great athleticism for their position. I give Loadholt the advantage because of his edge in size.

Selection: Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma (Jr.)

18. Washington Redskins – Their defense has always been a strong point of their team. Still, they need some help on the defensive line. With value being here, and plenty of it, I find it hard for them to pass on one here. On offense, they really only need help at WR, but Adarius Bowman doesn’t warrant this high of a selection.

Selection: Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida (Jr.)

19. Carolina Panthers – Both offensive tackles are set to be free agents this off-season, and chances are they won’t be able to keep both. The defense has a few question marks, but nothing as glaring as their potential whole on the offense line. Ryan Clady is the better prospect, but Sam Baker is the pick here as he is a better fit for Carolina’s system.

Selection: Sam Baker, OT, USC

20. Dallas Cowboys (v/CLE) – How mad are Cowboys fans right now? At the beginning of the year, they were expecting to have a Top 5 pick from Cleveland, now they are just a game out of the division lead. I love it. On to the pick, while they are picking a little lower than they expected, they still have talent to choose from. Reggie Smith makes a lot of sense. He has the versatility to play CB and FS. Jonathan Stewart is also an intriguing option, but I honestly feel Marion Barber could handle the full workload if Julius Jones were to become a free agent.

Selection: Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma (Jr.)

21. Baltimore Ravens – When the Ravens lost Adalius Thomas this off-season to the Patriots, they really didn’t do anything to replace him. There are a few 3-4 hybrid players available with this pick in Quentin Groves and Vernon Gholston. Groves’ speed makes him the more attractive option in my mind. CB is an option too if maybe Reggie Smith fell one more spot.

Selection: Quentin Groves, LB, Auburn

22, Seattle Seahawks – I think it’s obvious that Shaun Alexander has passed the prime of his career and that he’s on a downfall. Jonathan Stewart is a similar back to Alexander, with a bit more speed and explosiveness. Stewart is a much better player than the #22 overall pick but due to lack of need at the position, he probably will be a steal come draft day. This is a team that really doesn’t have a lot of holes.

Selection: Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon (Jr.)

23. San Diego Chargers – This team is all set on offense. The acquisition of Chris Chambers nullifies any thoughts of them going WR again this year. The offensive line is one of the best in the league, so their focus should be on defense. Their LB corps is solid, but they don’t have any depth and there is potential for improvement amongst some of the starters. So who’s out there? Dan Connor doesn’t strike me as someone who could fit in a 3-4 defense, but Erin Henderson does.

Selection: Erin Henderson, LB, Maryland (Jr.)

24. Detroit Lions – We’ll see how good the Lions are when they play Green Bay. At 5-2, they are sitting pretty right now as far as playoff contention. They need help on defense though. Paris Lenon is a sub-par ILB, and their secondary, more specifically could use some help. I think value is much better at CB, but it’s also a deeper draft at that position, so they look LB.

Selection: Dan Connor, LB, Penn State

25. Jacksonville Jaguars – David Garrard has been putting together a solid but unspectacular season. It’s a shame to see him get hurt but Quinn Gray is capable of managing the offense until he returns. The duo of MJD and Fred Taylor will help ease his pressure. The offensive line is a point of question though, with Khalif Barnes regressing a bit and Tony Pashos the other starter. I really like Ryan Clady from Boise State and it’s a shame to see him this low, but the Jaguars luck out and pick up a potential franchise LT with the versatility to play either tackle spot.

Selection: Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State (Jr.)

26. Tennessee Titans – Vince Young and the offense have been unspectacular, but yet the Titans sit at 5-2. They need more targets at WR. Adarius Bowman is a big target, and his presence could really help the development of Vince Young. Other options include DT if Albert Haynesworth bolts for free agency or maybe help in the secondary, but I think theyll end up taking a WR.

Selection: Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State

27. Pittsburgh Steelers – The Steelers biggest need unquestionably is offensive line. Anywhere on the line they could use help potentially. Michael Oher has the potential to be a studly LT, and he's a good pick here for the Steelers.

Selection: Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi (Jr.)

28. New York Giants – Most people wrote off the Giants after their abysmal 0-2 start, but they haven’t lost since and really don’t have any real tests for the rest of the year outside of Dallas and New England. 12-4 is not completely out of the question. Brandon Jacobs has been very effective when he’s been on the field, as has Derrick Ward. However, Steve Slaton could be a nice addition here due to his gamebreaking ability, but I still can’t see it happening. They still need help on defense. They need a quicker corner to compliment young stud Aaron Ross, and a WLB to play alongside Antonio Pierce. The options here are either Justin King or Ali Highsmith. I really like Highsmith, but his size could hold him back in the NFL.

Selection: Justin King, CB, Penn State (Jr.)

29. Green Bay Packers – Two options here as I see it. Steve Slaton, or Antoine Cason. Right now, it’s a little to soon to give up on Brandon Jackson. He’s been injured and he really hasn’t begun to show what he can do. At the end of the year, if Jackson got the chance to showcase his ability, and he disappoints, then maybe could I see Slaton, but for now they need a CB. Al Harris and Charles Woodson are a great tandem, but behind them they have nothing. It’s showed, as the Packers have struggled in nickel and dime sets. They are ranked 24th in the league against the pass.

Selection: Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona

30. San Francisco 49ers (v/IND) – Early on in the year the popular pick was a WR here. Truth be told, the value really doesn’t have much of a difference here, as it does with their next pick. They have more pressing needs on the defensive line, and with that case, I think they look to Demario Pressley. He’s got the versatility to play anywhere in the 3-4.

Selection: Demario Pressley, DL, N.C. State

31. Dallas Cowboys – They really don’t have a lot of options here. WR is not a big of a need as most people think. Patrick Crayton has really been impressive this year and I think he’s capable of being the #2 target across from Terrell Owens. Still, their’s not many other directions they can go. Perhaps a 3-4 NT. Jason Ferguson will be coming off an injury next year, but value isn’t here as of now. So, WR it is.

Selection: Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt (Jr.)

32. New England Patriots – Forfeited by penalty of the NFL

Round 2

33. Miami Dolphins – Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
34. St. Louis Rams – Ali Highsmith, LB, LSU
35. New York Jets – Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
36. Atlanta Falcons – Chris Williams, OT, Vandebilt
37. Cincinnati Bengals – Jonathan Goff, LB, Vanderbilt
38. Oakland Raiders – Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC
39. Minnesota Vikings – Early Doucet, WR, LSU
40. San Francisco 49ers – Harry Douglas, WR, Louisville
41. Atlanta Falcons (v/HOU) – Frank Okam, DT, Texas
42. Chicago Bears – Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee
43. Buffalo Bills – Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
44. New Orleans Saints – Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas (Jr.)
45. Arizona Cardinals – Tony Hills, OT, Texas
46. Philadelphia Eagles – Philip Wheeler, LB, Georgia Tech
47. Denver Broncos – Thomas DeCoud, S, California
48. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
49. Washington Redskins – D.J. Hall, WR, Alabama
50. Carolina Panthers – Andre Fluellen, DT, Florida State
51. Cleveland Browns – Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia (Jr.)
52. Baltimore Ravens – Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana
53. Seattle Seahawks – Martin Rucker, TE, Missouri
54. Miami Dolphins (v/SD) – Terrell Thomas, CB, USC
55. Kansas City Chiefs – DeJuan Tribble, CB, Boston College
56. Jacksonville Jaguars – Kenny Iwebema, DE, Iowa
57. Tennessee Titans – Beau Bell, LB, UNLV
58. Pittsburgh Steelers – Roy Schuening, G, Oregon State
59. Detroit Lions – Josh Barrett, S, Arizona State
60. New York Giants – Xavier Adibi, LB, Virginia Tech
61. Green Bay Packers – Wesley Woodyard, LB, Kentucky
62. Dallas Cowboys – Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M
63. Indianapolis Colts – Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose State
64. New England Patriots – Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU

Round 3

65. St. Louis Rams – Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
66. Miami Dolphins – Keenan Burton, WR, Kentucky
67. New York Jets – Shawn Crable, LB, Michigan
68. Atlanta Falcons – Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State
69. New England Patriots (v/OAK) – Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
70. Minnesota Vikings – Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech
71. San Francisco 49ers – Mike Hart, RB, Michigan
72. Cincinnati Bengals – Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina
73. Chicago Bears – Ezra Butler, LB, Nevada
74. Houston Texans – Allen Patrick, RB, Oklahoma
75. New Orleans Saints – Marcus Harrison, DT, Arkansas
76. Arizona Cardinals – Tommy Blake, DE, TCU
77. Philadelphia Eagles – Jonathan Hefney, S, Tennessee
78. Minnesota Vikings (v/DEN) – Fred Davis, TE, USC
79. Buffalo Bills – Will Franklin, WR, Missouri
80. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Zack Bowman, CB, Nebraska
81. Carolina Panthers – Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii
82. Cleveland Browns – Maurice Murray, DT, New Mexico State
83. Buffalo Bills (v/BAL) – J Leman, LB, Illinois
84. Seattle Seahawks – Chad Henne, QB, Michigan
85. Chicago Bears (v/SD) – Shannon Tevega, G, UCLA
86. Kansas City Chiefs – Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
87. Washington Redskins – Simeon Castille, CB, Alabama
88. Tennessee Titans – Patrick Lee, CB, Auburn
89. Pittsburgh Steelers – Bruce Davis, LB, UCLA
90. Detroit Lions – Louis Holmes, DE, Arizona
91. Jacksonville Jaguars – Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida
92. New York Giants – Chris Horton, S, UCLA
93. Green Bay Packers – Tashard Choice, RB, Georgia Tech
94. Dalls Cowboys – Dantrell Savage, RB, Oklahoma State
95. Indianapolis Colts – Vince Hall, LB, Virginia Tech
96. New England Patriots – Darien Williams, S, Oklahoma

Turtlepower
10-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Personal preference of Talib over King in the first. I feel as if King is walking himself out of the first round. I like Adibi in the second, but I'm not a fan of Horton in the third. If Tashard Choice falls that far I say we pick him up.

Scotty D
10-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Pretty much the worse Lions mock ever. QB,S? No no no.

DE,ILB,CB,OT,SLB,OG

NYGibril28
10-31-2007, 04:02 PM

DE,ILB,CB,OT,SLB,OG

Forgot about Drew Stanton...

PACKmanN
10-31-2007, 04:08 PM
I doubt we draft an OLB, we might move Bishop there or even Rouse with the way Bigby playing. We need a TE so I don't like this one for the Packers. Also that LB seems too short and undersized to play in a 4-3.

49ers169
10-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Good mock draft for the 49ers. I think we should take an offensive lineman in the third but probably address that in free agency. So pretty good mock draft overall for the 49ers.

GB12
10-31-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't like one pick for the Packers. I guess with how you have the draft going I'd want Slaton in the first and Lowry in the second.

D-Unit
10-31-2007, 04:35 PM

I think you could sub any team in where you put "Lions" and that would be correct.

scottyboy
10-31-2007, 04:56 PM
the only Giants pick i like is the 2nd, which i love. that 1st round pick would make me shove a spoon up my butt

Bills2083
10-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Great draft for the Bills. You addressed all of our needs.

Ellis would definitley help out our Run-D. CB is a big need for us, because we don't have anyone starting worthy opposite of McGee. (Greer has been performing very well though.) We could definitley use some LB depth. We also need another WR

A

NYGibril28
10-31-2007, 05:05 PM
I think you could sub any team in where you put "Lions" and that would be correct.

I think that comment's pretty unneccessary. That's just blatant disrespect. You can tell me all you want that I shouldn't get offended when people criticize my mocks, but that's just blatant disrespect on your part and uncalled for. You should realize how much time I put into this mock, and like everybody, there's going to be a few mistakes, but you're comment wasn't justified. It's an exaggeration and you know it.

zCaddyz
10-31-2007, 05:05 PM
i like the bucs first pick, and the second i would love dj hall

NYGibril28
10-31-2007, 05:06 PM
the only Giants pick i like is the 2nd, which i love. that 1st round pick would make me shove a spoon up my butt

I wasn't sold on King either. In our Giants draft discussion thread people were mentioning how we need a quicker guy along side of Ross to cover the other team's burner. I too prefer Talib, but I was trying to satisfy that desire that some of our fellow Giants fans have.

What's wrong with Horton?

scottyboy
10-31-2007, 05:17 PM
I wasn't sold on King either. In our Giants draft discussion thread people were mentioning how we need a quicker guy along side of Ross to cover the other team's burner. I too prefer Talib, but I was trying to satisfy that desire that some of our fellow Giants fans have.

he doesnt fit our needs well. Greene would be a much better option. i just dont really like him either

NYGibril28
10-31-2007, 05:18 PM
he doesnt fit our needs well. Greene would be a much better option. i just dont really like him either

Greene's probably not going to come out unless he's a 1st rounder. Just wait on him.

Bills2083
10-31-2007, 05:22 PM

not Buffalo

fischbowl
10-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Solid Bills Draft, Fly.

Even though Franklin is 6'2'', we'd need a taller reciever. Preferably Marcus Monk or Maurice Purify would be good there.

Sniper
10-31-2007, 06:04 PM
1. I could live with Kelly for the Eagles, but I don't see it happening. The Eagles do not value wideouts in the first, right or wrong. At that spot, we could be looking at Phil Loadholt, maybe Derrick Harvey, Sam Baker, Reggie Smith.

2. Love Phil Wheeler. I'm assuming you have him replacing Spikes. Good job.

3. I'm very meh on Hefney. Tennessee fans haven't given this guy a glowing report this year, so I'm a bit weary. Fred Davis would be pure money at that pick, seeing as how LJ Smith's ass is gone at the end of the year. Davis is an average blocker but he fits our O system very well as an excellent receiver. Plus, if McNabb is gone, Kolb will need some weapons, especially a best friend at TE

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-31-2007, 06:19 PM
2 WRs for Oakland in the first two rounds?Especially when RDE,NT,and OT are all bigger needs.

NYGibril28
10-31-2007, 06:32 PM
2 WRs for Oakland in the first two rounds?Especially when RDE,NT,and OT are all bigger needs.

I made a mistake with the 2nd round pick. I'll change it.

Turtlepower
10-31-2007, 06:53 PM

Unless it is a top safety, we probably won't have to address it in the first 3 rounds because of how many FA safeties there are. I would prefer either getting a DT or more o-line depth. =D

neko4
10-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Vvery good packers mock, i dontknow much about that LB though.

Caddy
10-31-2007, 08:34 PM
I would give your Buc draft a B+. You addressed 3 positions which definitely need to be addressed some time in the early to mid rounds.

Woodson would be great. We could sit him for a year behind Garcia, give him time to understand the pro game then put him in when Garcia's contract is up.

The Buccaneers do need a WR, but we have enough rangy receivers as it is. We need a burner to replace Galloway. Obviously Douglas would have been ideal although he unfortunately was off the board.

I really like the Bowman pick. It presents relatively good value and gives us a future nickel back and hopefully starter.

BaLLiN
10-31-2007, 09:03 PM
this giants draft looks pretty good, filling almost all defensive needs

bored of education
10-31-2007, 09:32 PM
love the1st two rounds.
not a fan of Z. He will be nothing more than a Special teams guys sitting behind Bernard and McGraw. Give us another tackle, guard or WR in the 3rd.

NYGibril28
10-31-2007, 10:07 PM
love the1st two rounds.
not a fan of Z. He will be nothing more than a Special teams guys sitting behind Bernard and McGraw. Give us another tackle, guard or WR in the 3rd.

Who's your team? KC?

Beans
11-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Personally, I would prefer to pick up Brennan in the 3rd round for Tampa, and use the first on a OT or burner WR like Douglas.

Crow
11-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Ellis in Rd1 would be much better for Oakland. We need a WR, but Jackson's talent isn't great enough to supersede the greater needs across the O & D lines.

Rd2...I'm just not buying Lawrence Jackson as a rush end for some reason.

Steve Slaton looks pretty good there.

Philip Wheeler is a guy I'm pretty intrigued with as well.

Tony Hills would certainly address a need.

Finsfan79
11-01-2007, 09:14 AM
2. Miami Dolphins – While it’s obvious it’s a bad season for the Dolphins, it’s even worse considering the talent at the top of the draft doesn’t translate over to their needs as a franchise. John Beck is their QB of the future, and Ronnie Brown was turning it on before he got injured this year. WR was drafted last year, plus value isn’t really here. Jake Long is a possibility, but I question his ability to play LT in the NFL, and it is hard giving 2nd overall pick money to a RT. So, we look to the defense. Calais Campbell has a lot of potential at DE, but he’s still a bit raw. Chris Long is sure to be a good NFL player, but worthy of the #2 overall pick, maybe. LB doesn’t have value here, neither does CB or Safety. Trading down is easily the Dolphins best option, but with the lack of premier talent at the top, I can’t see a trade down happening. That being the case, I’m going to make a bit of a questionable pick here. You can say all you want that he’s being overhyped because of who his dad is, but NFL teams don’t care about that. If you actually watch him play, you’ll realize how good of a talent he is. Plus, he’s a perfect fit for the Dolphins defensive scheme.

Selection: Chris Long, DE, Virginia

He is a nice player but indeed I feel he is being over hyped.

I think a team like Atlanta might move up for McFadden, or else another players but shall see :)

I would rather get Campbell over long personally from a potential appeal but I admit a UM bias too.

33. Miami Dolphins – Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

Nice player but I would rather have dre Moore there we need a Nose Tackle Badly

54. Miami Dolphins (v/SD) – Terrell Thomas, CB, USC

Interesting pick really seen his value seeming to drop and all not gonna argue it though
I would rather take Richardson there or another but just me perhaps

66. Miami Dolphins – Keenan Burton, WR, Kentuck

I don’t think WR is a first day need really instead I would rather us look at a BPA pick here be it Crable whom we need a LB badly to replace Zach, Hefney for a Safety or Cromartie for another CB to fill in the backfield

1 Campbell DE
2 Dre Moore NT
2 Richardson RT
3 Cromartie CB

That would be my personal draft for us

T-RICH49
11-01-2007, 11:29 AM
give KC Vince Hall in RD 3 other then that great 1st 2 picks for KC

The OUTLAW
11-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Both Browns picks are pretty awful. Red Bryant is a much better second rounder while Maurice Murray is a tremendous stretch in the third round.