PDA

View Full Version : Denver @ Detroit

TheMadLionsFan
10-31-2007, 08:49 PM
How do you all think it is gonna go?....this is what is being said in the Bronco forum

"outside of like, 4 bright spots, our team sucks. our linebackers are awful. our d-line is terrible. our coaching staff might be the stupidest group of people on any sideline in the nfl. ugh. is there some reason we stopped blitzing again? does shanny somehow believe that our d-line will suddenly not be made up of rookies and that they'll suddenly be able to pressure the qb by only rushing 3 or 4? does he actually believe that putting ferguson as the deep one in zone is going to help any of the dbs cover the pass? you might as well blitz him and lynch every time. it's not like they're good for anything else. everyone on our o-line should be benched immediately and permanently. no one played well. i'd like every single person who told me signing dan graham for 6 million a year was a good thing to explain why, again. he's providing zero help with blocking, he drops balls, and he's not been 1/3 the TE that scheffler has been. i'll be waiting."

Jagonsucker
10-31-2007, 09:25 PM
If the Lions can stop the running game of Denver, it should be a fairly easy victory. We need to get CJ more catches, get him more involved in our offense. Theres no reason Detroit shouldn't score 30+ points in this game. Anyway heres my prediction:

Lions- 31
Broncos- 20

P-L
10-31-2007, 10:06 PM
I currently have us finishing 7-9/8-8. If we beat Denver I'll fully buy into the 10-6 talk.

TacticaLion
11-01-2007, 01:41 PM
I think Denver (at home) is definitely a winnable game... for these reasons:

1.) We want to establish the run.
2.) Kevin Jones is running well.
3.) Denver can't stop the run.

Our offense *should* be fine this week... which will put it all on our defense. Can they stop the run? Can they force the bad passes that they forced from Griese? If so, we should take it.

I think we can. Prediction: Detroit 24, Broncos 13.

Xiomera
11-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Detroit 24
Denver 20

Scotty D
11-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Detroit 24
Denver 20

CJ
1 TD
50 yards receiving

KJ
120 yards
2TD

Duckett gets more carries

I'm calling another Alexander pick.

TacticaLion
11-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Jarvis Moss and Rod Smith are out, Travis Henry and Champ Bailey are questionable, Dre Bly and Tony Scheffler are probable and John Lynch and D.J. Williams also have injuries (neck/shoulder). That's a lot of key injuries.

We'll see what happens.

Addict
11-03-2007, 04:47 AM
Jarvis Moss and Rod Smith are out, Travis Henry and Champ Bailey are questionable, Dre Bly and Tony Scheffler are probable and John Lynch and D.J. Williams also have injuries (neck/shoulder). That's a lot of key injuries.

We'll see what happens.

which is why I don't see us losing this one. The bronco's are freefalling, mainly due to their injury-ravaged state. Lynch is out, Jarvis Moss and Rod Smith are out, let's not forget Javon Walker isn't playing and if any of those two corners (bailey-bly) aren't there they are not only going to have trouble stopping the run.

So in review:
- Denver can't stop the run
- A lot of players in their secondary are banged up
- Cutler has no targets (with Walker and Smith out and Scheffler probable)

the only thing they've been able to do with some succes is kicking field goals and occasionaly running. I just can't see them beat us.

LionSmack
11-03-2007, 08:38 AM
This one will not be as easy as all that.

One thing the Broncos do pretty well is protect the QB. If Cutler is given time and is allowed to complete all those short to medium balls, and Henry plays, then they could put up some points.

Granted, their DL is poor and I don't see them stopping the Lions from scoring pretty well themselves. I expect a shootout with the Lions coming out on top, but I don't think this will be a walkover at all.

TheMadLionsFan
11-03-2007, 09:48 AM

We'll see what happens.

We said that about the Philadelhpia game....I will no longer buy the injury card arguement.....Cutler is still a green QB so throw pressure at him with blitzes....pound the ball with Kevin Jones and use playaction...

Addict
11-03-2007, 11:44 AM
1]We said that about the Philadelhpia game.[/B]...I will no longer buy the injury card arguement.....Cutler is still a green QB so throw pressure at him with blitzes....pound the ball with Kevin Jones and use playaction...

true. And we were wrong, doesn't matter that it does bring an advantage, although we failed to use it. This game will be hard, but their injuries and poor Run D make it a winnable game.

Xiomera
11-04-2007, 01:24 PM
16-0 at the half. We scored points on all four first half possessions . . . defense has played well . . . we sure look like a playoff team today.

TacticaLion
11-04-2007, 02:04 PM
That needs to be fixed. Marshall just fumbled the ball, but the refs called it incomplete. The problem? It was a fumble. He had possession and dropped the ball before he hit the ground. But, because they called it an incomplete pass, it can't be challenged. I just threw my ******** flag.

Anyway, the Lions have been playing great all-around football for the second week in a row. We've been running the ball, throwing the ball (short and down the field) and playing solid defense. Each Denver QB has been pressured and the secondary has been solid.

Impressive showing for Detroit. Denver took Green Bay to OT, but are down 23-0 in the 3rd. Yes, it was at home for Denver and Cutler is hurt, but it's still a statement.

White is sexy.

Scotty D
11-04-2007, 02:41 PM
I hope White isn't hurt to bad. Shaun Rogers 66 yard pick 6!

Addict
11-04-2007, 02:47 PM
holy... crap

we're not just beating the bronco's we're destroying them...

Go Blue
11-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Very impressive for the Lions today. This is the best I've seen them look in a long time. 3 defensive TDs today. Been a long time coming!!!

Edit 3rd TD called back..oops.

Addict
11-04-2007, 02:54 PM
too bad.. Shaun Rogers' stats look scary tho
2.5 sacks 1 int 1 td? omg

TacticaLion
11-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Outstanding game by the Lions. Rogers was a complete beast... his first step is just way too quick. Combine that with his incredible man-strength and you've got an unstoppable force. Scary.

White is a stud... Corey Smith is great... Redding is outstanding and Sims is one of the best LBers in the NFL. This defense is impressive this year.

GB12
11-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Shaun Rogers 66 yard pick 6!
I just saw it, that's crazy. I didn't think he could even walk 66 yards without a break let alone return an INT for a TD.

ironman4579
11-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Definately a nice win for us. Even if the Broncos are not a good team this year, it's still a dominant victory.

DoWnThEfiElD
11-04-2007, 04:14 PM
I love Bly getting blown out. He is such a piece of crap.

TacticaLion
11-04-2007, 04:27 PM
I love Bly getting blown out. He is such a piece of crap.

Word for word. He hated the losing culture in Detroit, so he went to Denver... a perennial winner. Glad he came back to see, first hand, what positivity and hard work gets you.

The Broncos took the Packers to OT... 44-7? Yeah, Cutler was healthy, but maybe the Pack should learn to injure the opposing QB as well as we can.

Addict
11-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Word for word. He hated the losing culture in Detroit, so he went to Denver... a perennial winner. Glad he came back to see, first hand, what positivity and hard work gets you.

The Broncos took the Packers to OT... 44-7? Yeah, Cutler was healthy, but maybe the Pack should learn to injure the opposing QB as well as we can.

our DC:

"yeah well, the thing is, you wanna cap'em, hard. You don't really need talent, all you need to do is go for the knees, hard. And then just keep goin' 'till ya hear that crunchin' sound, y'know? like... *crunch*, just like that. In order to defend the pass, ya gotta cap the QB... that's all there's to it."

BaLLiN
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
amazing play in these few weeks by detroit's secondary and in general defense.

Jagonsucker
11-04-2007, 06:56 PM
well i was kinda close i said it would be 31-20 us...i had no idea we would dominate Denver that badly. What a game. Anyone know how long White is out or if its a serious injury at all?

Xiomera
11-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Defensive Line gets the game ball today. They were dominant. All of them, not just the starters.

Cory Redding actually stood out for the first time this year. He was noticibly making plays.

Defensive End might not be a first round need anymore. Smith and DeVries have played nicely. White is a stud. I think it is now more of a mid-round need for the next draft.

TacticaLion
11-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Defensive Line gets the game ball today. They were dominant. All of them, not just the starters.

Cory Redding actually stood out for the first time this year. He was noticibly making plays.

Defensive End might not be a first round need anymore. Smith and DeVries have played nicely. White is a stud. I think it is now more of a mid-round need for the next draft.
I think Redding has made an impact every week... but this week was impressive. I think he's worth every penny.

(Part in bold): Word for word. I was thinking the exact same thing. Corey Smith is a stud, White is incredible, Rogers is unstoppable and Redding is a force (and a leader)... we also have DeVries, who works his ass off and always seems to make the big play, and Langston Moore, who has been great with limited playing time. Not only that, but we have 5-0 (IAF) learning and improving.

Get rid of Kalimba and don't address the position until the 3rd-4th rounds (at the earliest). Instead, we should draft MLB, CB, OL, WLB and S... only consider DE if a great player falls.

Yes, I know a lot of people have a crush on Long... but MLB and CB are a much bigger need.

Xiomera
11-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Cornerback has proven to be a pretty solid position for us too though. We actually have depth at the position.

We need a SLB and a MLB most, IMO. Getting Bullocks back next year will help too.

I maintain my position that the Lions ought to draft an OT in round one, and a LB in round two.

TacticaLion
11-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Cornerback has proven to be a pretty solid position for us too though. We actually have depth at the position.

We need a SLB and a MLB most, IMO. Getting Bullocks back next year will help too.

I maintain my position that the Lions ought to draft an OT in round one, and a LB in round two.
As solid as CB may look right now, Bryant is aging and Fisher can (and should) be upgraded. Wilson isn't a stud either (although he's playing well at times). I'd love to put a great player out there.

I'm not sold on drafting an OT in round 1. Scott got some work today and Backus is here for the long haul. I think we should take a stud MLB in round 1, CB in round 2 and OT in round 3. Keep improving this defense and let the offense flow.

Bootland27
11-04-2007, 08:33 PM
6-2 BABY!!!!!!!!!!

I've waited years to say this.....I'd just like to welcome everyone back to the lions bandwagon.

Xiomera
11-04-2007, 08:52 PM
As solid as CB may look right now, Bryant is aging and Fisher can (and should) be upgraded. Wilson isn't a stud either (although he's playing well at times). I'd love to put a great player out there.

I'm not sold on drafting an OT in round 1. Scott got some work today and Backus is here for the long haul. I think we should take a stud MLB in round 1, CB in round 2 and OT in round 3. Keep improving this defense and let the offense flow.

Don't you think SLB is a bigger need than MLB though? I would take the best LB overall if you wanna go that route. Boss Bailey likely won't return, and it's not like he is a worthy starter anyways. At least Lenon is solid.

LionSmack
11-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Lehman looked pretty good today too. Made a couple good hits and his blitz made that Rogers INT possible.

I've been discussing this on other boards, I think the Lions' draft needs are definitely evolving a little bit. I think the Lions will be much more flexible as far as position, and their draft strategy may become much more like a good team, that is, they won't go into the draft with desperate need of guys to contribute right now at one or more positions.

I even feel like for the first time in a long time, the Lions could look to spend greater draft resources to upgrade a "non-need" position, for instance, trading up for a LT and filling their defensive needs more through FA or using later picks on guys who they can afford to develop.

Addict
11-05-2007, 02:02 AM
Lehman looked pretty good today too. Made a couple good hits and his blitz made that Rogers INT possible.

I've been discussing this on other boards, I think the Lions' draft needs are definitely evolving a little bit. I think the Lions will be much more flexible as far as position, and their draft strategy may become much more like a good team, that is, they won't go into the draft with desperate need of guys to contribute right now at one or more positions.

I even feel like for the first time in a long time, the Lions could look to spend greater draft resources to upgrade a "non-need" position, for instance, trading up for a LT and filling their defensive needs more through FA or using later picks on guys who they can afford to develop.

first time since... ehm... last year, when we drafted Calvin Johnson?

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 10:05 AM
first time since... ehm... last year, when we drafted Calvin Johnson?
HA! I giggled... funny ****.
Don't you think SLB is a bigger need than MLB though? I would take the best LB overall if you wanna go that route. Boss Bailey likely won't return, and it's not like he is a worthy starter anyways. At least Lenon is solid.I really think MLB is a bigger need. We need that stud... that playmaker... that doesn't miss tackles, can cover the middle and has sideline to sideline speed... and, although Lenon has been OK, he isn't it. Lewis can (and should) be playing SLB for us, and we can always draft a player for the position in later rounds. Most players would thrive next to Sims and [stud].

I agree, though... draft the best LB overall. If it's a SLB, that's fine... MLB, that's good too.

LionSmack
11-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Well, I meant that for the first time in a long time, that's what we could actually be anticipating. You know, instead of posting 100 different scenarios about how they could trade down three times and wind up with 7 players who could start on opening day. And by "greater resources" I meant trading up instead of down.

Addict
11-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Well, I meant that for the first time in a long time, that's what we could actually be anticipating. You know, instead of posting 100 different scenarios about how they could trade down three times and wind up with 7 players who could start on opening day. And by "greater resources" I meant trading up instead of down.

I know, but it was a silly way to put it.

picks should be linebacker (ILB or SAM) or cornerback in my eyes. I could live with O-line as well. Kitna is used to the NFL, but once Stanton is going to be starting (like, next season) we'll need some quality around him to protect the kid.

Scotty D
11-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I know, but it was a silly way to put it.

picks should be linebacker (ILB or SAM) or cornerback in my eyes. I could live with O-line as well. Kitna is used to the NFL, but once Stanton is going to be starting (like, next season) we'll need some quality around him to protect the kid.

His mobility will help. If he can step out of pressure it will make up for the Oline. Stanton should have a lot of things helping him succeed when he does finally get to start. I think Kitna will still be starting for us next year though and I'm fine with that.

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 05:16 PM
His mobility will help. If he can step out of pressure it will make up for the Oline. Stanton should have a lot of things helping him succeed when he does finally get to start. I think Kitna will still be starting for us next year though and I'm fine with that.

Mobility!? Madden gave him 62 speed... he's almost as slow as Kitna!

Kitna's no joke, though... he's pretty much the Caucasian version of Michael Vick (without the dreads and love of animals). I even remember him juking someone out this year... sick, sick, sick.

Addict
11-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Mobility!? Madden gave him 62 speed... he's almost as slow as Kitna!

Kitna's no joke, though... he's pretty much the Caucasian version of Michael Vick (without the dreads and love of animals). I even remember him juking someone out this year... sick, sick, sick.

Madden screws up every year.

jbombul
11-05-2007, 05:30 PM

on every one but favre

GREAT FOOTBALL IS GREAT FOOTBALL!

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 05:33 PM

Not true. It's a fact: Madden has never made a mistake.

(Jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes... spaghetti, spaghetti...)

Addict
11-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Not true. It's a fact: Madden has never made a mistake.

(Jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes... spaghetti, spaghetti...)

lol. the game did do something strange the other day.

I had a pretty decent wide receiver, whom I had renamed Jesus Christ (don't ask me why, it was late, I was bored)
so I was throwin' to Christ (or, #89 as the commentators called him lovingly) and christ was basically kicking ass.

game v. redskins by the way.

So the redskin asshole who punts comes up after me owning the hell out of their offense and that idiot punts it so well I'm stuck to my own goalline. So I figure, time for some devine intervention!

I call a hail mary, and throw a bomb to jesus christ. You'd say no prob? WRONG jesus dropped the ball...

That seemed wrong to me. Most religious play ever (featuring both God's son and the lady he had give birth to the guy) and it failed.

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 07:28 PM
lol. the game did do something strange the other day.

I had a pretty decent wide receiver, whom I had renamed Jesus Christ (don't ask me why, it was late, I was bored)
so I was throwin' to Christ (or, #89 as the commentators called him lovingly) and christ was basically kicking ass.

game v. redskins by the way.

So the redskin asshole who punts comes up after me owning the hell out of their offense and that idiot punts it so well I'm stuck to my own goalline. So I figure, time for some devine intervention!

I call a hail mary, and throw a bomb to jesus christ. You'd say no prob? WRONG jesus dropped the ball...

That seemed wrong to me. Most religious play ever (featuring both God's son and the lady he had give birth to the guy) and it failed.

HA! I expected it to go for a 99.5 yard touchdown. How in the WORLD can they get away with it?!

I'm calling Madden Headquarters in the morning. Those assholes wont get away with this.

Addict
11-05-2007, 07:30 PM
HA! I expected it to go for a 99.5 yard touchdown. How in the WORLD can they get away with it?!

I'm calling Madden Headquarters in the morning. Those assholes wont get away with this.

Yeah, while you're at it, ask why the last name 'christ' isn't pronounced.