PDA

View Full Version : November Mock by darnik

darnik44two
10-31-2007, 11:31 PM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m79/darnik44/mock12.jpg

Caddy
11-01-2007, 01:05 AM
Early DOucet seems to be a relatively good pick and would add some speed to the receiving corp.

Turtlepower
11-01-2007, 02:45 AM
There are a lot of problems with that mock, mostly positions. The Giants do not need an ILB, so Maulaluga is off the table and he is not an OLB. Keith Rivers is not an ILB and Lauranitis is strictly an ILB as well. Pressley is strictly a DT while Chris Long will never, ever play DT. I don't know where some of those positions came from, but they are just not right.

darnik44two
11-01-2007, 04:50 AM
There are a lot of problems with that mock, mostly positions. The Giants do not need an ILB, so Maulaluga is off the table and he is not an OLB. Keith Rivers is not an ILB and Lauranitis is strictly an ILB as well. Pressley is strictly a DT while Chris Long will never, ever play DT. I don't know where some of those positions came from, but they are just not right.

You have alot to learn. Pressley is 3-4 DE, and both LB's you mentioned could play OLB. Maualuga has played some OLB, and actually started out as an OLB. Chris Long could play DT but wouldn't for the Bengals.

neko4
11-01-2007, 04:51 AM
fairly good packers pick
lee and bubba havee plyed well this year but neither is all that young

BaLLiN
11-01-2007, 06:24 AM
Good pick for the giants, could go reggie smith too.

Bills2083
11-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Great pick for the Bills. Kelly would be great opposite of Evans.

Travis 24
11-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Like the Eagles pick. :)

Finsfan79
11-01-2007, 09:15 AM
miami pick works for me if no trade back

princefielder28
11-01-2007, 10:59 AM
I would hope Green Bay takes Reggie Smith, if available, before Martin Rucker

thebow305
11-01-2007, 11:09 AM
You have alot to learn. Pressley is 3-4 DE, and both LB's you mentioned could play OLB. Maualuga has played some OLB, and actually started out as an OLB. Chris Long could play DT but wouldn't for the Bengals.

Agreed. Don't listen to him, he obviously doesn't know how this whole draft thing works. Chris Long is a little smaller verson of Adam Carriker last year, who was a perfect 3-4 DE prospect, that ended up being drafted by the Rams and playing DT this year because they run a 4-3. The same would happen for Chris Long if put in the same situation. Maualuga could play any 3 LB positions, as could Laurinaitis.

The only thing I don't agree with is Calais falling to 18. That is insane. I don't see that happening at all.

The Mia pick is ok if we don't trade down. Still would rather have Kenny there, good value or not.

FloridaFootball
11-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Great Redskins pick.

Also, quick note...why do you have the Patriots taking Kenny Phillips when they drafted Brandon Merriweather (Saftey, Miami(FL)) with their first round pick in last April's draft?

Turtlepower
11-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Agreed. Don't listen to him, he obviously doesn't know how this whole draft thing works. Chris Long is a little smaller verson of Adam Carriker last year, who was a perfect 3-4 DE prospect, that ended up being drafted by the Rams and playing DT this year because they run a 4-3. The same would happen for Chris Long if put in the same situation. Maualuga could play any 3 LB positions, as could Laurinaitis.

The only thing I don't agree with is Calais falling to 18. That is insane. I don't see that happening at all.

The Mia pick is ok if we don't trade down. Still would rather have Kenny there, good value or not.

I'll give you the LBs being able to play any position, but I think it is easily a waste of their talents for them not to be playing as an ILB. As for Chris Long, he will not be playing DT in the NFL. He is not nearly big enough for it and is better suited for DE. Once again, they might be able to play the other positions, but I personally feel it would be a severe waste of their talents at their natural positions. But, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about.