PDA

View Full Version : I Mocksterbated Twice!

Philliez01
02-11-2007, 03:52 PM
http://www.mymockdraft.com/MockReview.aspx?mid=1300

Ok, the titles are getting lamer but I like it better than the McMockett title. Any questions, compliments, gripes, complaints, suggestions?

KCJ58
02-11-2007, 03:58 PM
like the rams pick if willis is taken by buffalo

Philliez01
02-11-2007, 03:58 PM

What about the 2nd rounder?

PalmerToCJ
02-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Well, you're the man.

That's all I've got to say about that mock... I could very easily see that happening.

02-11-2007, 04:06 PM
The McMockett title was awesome! Anyway, the picks for the Colts and Cardinals were all good.

KCJ58
02-11-2007, 04:09 PM

What about the 2nd rounder?

i like that pick too

RaiderNation
02-11-2007, 04:22 PM
love the picks and reasonings

Vikings4ever
02-11-2007, 04:31 PM
What'd the Vikings get for trading down? Since they apparently didn't get the Panther's 2nd this year, they should either be getting Carolina's 1st next year, or their 2nd next year and 3rd this year.

Finsfan79
02-11-2007, 04:32 PM
good miami draft

T-RICH49
02-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Bowe+Staley = AWESOME Chiefs Draft

Philliez01
02-11-2007, 05:10 PM
What'd the Vikings get for trading down? Since they apparently didn't get the Panther's 2nd this year, they should either be getting Carolina's 1st next year, or their 2nd next year and 3rd this year.

I worked this out in the other Mock I made, I forgot to edit the comments. The trade in the other mock was

Vikings:
#14, #46?, 2nd-rounder in 2008

Panthers:

My fault there.

bigrick0016
02-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Branch is a far better fit at end than the Nose. You should know that. He isn't an awful pick, but the explanation is wrong.

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 05:55 PM
I'd rather have Olsen than Miller

Philliez01
02-11-2007, 05:56 PM
The McMockett title was awesome! Anyway, the picks for the Colts and Cardinals were all good.

I was debating on giving them Brandon Meriweather because of the need for a S alongside of Wilson but I decided not too.

Philliez01
02-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Branch is a far better fit at end than the Nose. You should know that. He isn't an awful pick, but the explanation is wrong.

Really? I knew he had the versatility to play end but I thought he would be a better fit at NT. Well, no matter what, he does indeed provide youth to the DL at the least.

Vikes99ej
02-11-2007, 06:10 PM
If we ended the day with those two I'd be very happy.

thebow305
02-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Ohh good.. just when I thought people were still copying Scott's mock....Oh wait..

:roll:

Oh well, decent Miami draft.

LB51
02-11-2007, 08:00 PM
why would the giants take hughes over Leon Hall, Aaron Ross, and Brandon Meriweather?

Philliez01
02-11-2007, 08:02 PM
why would the giants take hughes over Leon Hall, Aaron Ross, and Brandon Meriweather?

I personally feel that Ross could be selected but I stated why I feel that way. Hughes is very good in man-to-man coverage. I think Meriweather is a possibility there.

thebow, Miami's picks are the same but the whole draft isn't copied. I don't get where you are coming at.

Pit Bull #53
02-11-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm fine with Jarrett in the first round.

I think the 2nd rounder would be ok....if Abiamiri weren't still on board. There's no doubt in my mind, that, all things relative, DE is our biggest need. Abiamiri is a great fit as an every down DE, and I also think the 2nd round is great value for him, moreso than Bennett.

Philliez01
02-11-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm fine with Jarrett in the first round.

I think the 2nd rounder would be ok....if Abiamiri weren't still on board. There's no doubt in my mind, that, all things relative, DE is our biggest need. Abiamiri is a great fit as an every down DE, and I also think the 2nd round is great value for him, moreso than Bennett.

Abiamiri would be a good pick there, and I believe that I made a mistake there. Next to Vanden Bosch he would be the ideal selection for Tennessee right there. I do think the Titans could use a #2 CB but that can be had next round.

21ST
02-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Great skins pick

bucknut12
02-11-2007, 08:39 PM
OK, so I like most of the picks. However, I think if Russell does indeed fall, the Bucs trade out of that spot and another team would take him. Although I do think that the Bucs wouldn't rule out taking him.

To respond to your PM.

I think the Saints take a MLB if one is there. Actually, I think they take Willis, and if Willis is not there they take an offensive playmaker.

Someone like a Dwayne Bowe, Ted Ginn Jr. or even Zach Miller or Greg Olsen.

Nice mock though, Aaron Ross gets serious consideration man it's all about who's the BPA on the Saints board.

Jay
02-11-2007, 09:18 PM
I could live with that for the Pats.

packer_pat_4
02-11-2007, 09:23 PM
I diasgree. I think Miller's a better prospect, but I know many Packers fans would side with you.

Anyways, fantastic mock draft. I enjoyed reading it.

Jensen
02-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Great Cardinals picks.

Philliez01
02-11-2007, 09:38 PM
I diasgree. I think Miller's a better prospect, but I know many Packers fans would side with you.

Anyways, fantastic mock draft. I enjoyed reading it.

I also have Miller high above Olsen, not a knock against Olsen in particular but I feel Miller is the best TE in the draft.

Thanks for the compliments too, appreciate it!

One thing I want to ask for everyone on here;

Do you see the first CB with a chance to go as low as 19? I didn't feel it was realistic to see that happening but I saw teams with greater needs than CB up there.

Westbourne
02-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Savage stated that offense would be the main focus of the draft. So I am starting to doubt Branch, plus, Savage is a BPA drafter and will target Quinn, Russell, Peterson, Thomas, etc.

Also, Savage doesn't draft guards day one.

Philliez01
02-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Savage stated that offense would be the main focus of the draft. So I am starting to doubt Branch, plus, Savage is a BPA drafter and will target Quinn, Russell, Peterson, Thomas, etc.

Also, Savage doesn't draft guards day one.

This early before the draft, I doubt any GM would give away what they are truly seeking. Bill Polian said that Dominic Rhodes would be getting the most carries this season without a doubt and they were confident in him that he would start.

Blalock has the capability to be playing RT though and I think that's the best draft pick at the situation.

Tubby
02-11-2007, 10:21 PM
gotta love greg olsen

SuperMcGee
02-11-2007, 10:37 PM
I reckon thats pretty darn good

Caddy
02-12-2007, 04:02 AM
Not a fan of the Bucs 2nd pick

kwilliamsfa
02-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm not sure how well Tyler fits in Denver (more of a NT than 4-3 DT?), but if we get Abiamiri as well then I'm not going to complain. :wink:

art vandelay
02-12-2007, 01:45 PM
The best title ever for a Mock Draft was...

"Tick, tock, your girl is on my mock."

Sveen
02-12-2007, 01:52 PM
1st round for my Saints is great. Might be too much of a reach taking Kareem Brown in the 2nd though.

sdpads24
02-12-2007, 01:55 PM
I love Ginn for the chargers but in the second, Weddle or Wendling would be much better value there than Michael Johnson

Philliez01
02-12-2007, 03:46 PM
1st round for my Saints is great. Might be too much of a reach taking Kareem Brown in the 2nd though.

I don't think it's a colossal reach, but I think that pick is the most likely best selection based on need for the New Orleans Saints. I guess I could've gone DE.

I think Tyler would be a good 4-3 DT, I mean he will be able to stop the run quite well so I can envision what Corey Simon was to Philly?

24cadillac-Which 2nd-rounder?

Doncarlito
02-12-2007, 04:48 PM
If we ended the day with those two I'd be very happy.

if we got that trade and those two players i would also be very happy... just so long as sidney rice doesnt turn out like the other WR we took from South Carolina

dcrls
02-12-2007, 04:52 PM
1st= :x not a fan of that pick, prefer thomas
2nd= :D

hey got a question brotha, how'd you get it to stop at 2rounds?

Philliez01
02-12-2007, 04:54 PM
1st= :x not a fan of that pick, prefer thomas
2nd= :D

hey got a question brotha, how'd you get it to stop at 2rounds?

Once you finish the 2nd round, stop. Then go to the "My Drafts", scroll down to the draft you are working on and click the Floppy Disc icon that will publish it.

P-L
02-12-2007, 06:08 PM
The first two rounds couldn't go any better for the Lions.

hugegmenfan
02-14-2007, 10:31 AM

Ok well hughes is better than Ross, Merriweather is not a 1st round pick but hall is questionable but it all depends how they do @ the combine

PErsonally i think the biggest travesty is not giving us Lawrence Timmons who seems to b absent from the 1st round- thats our pick

Philliez01
02-14-2007, 10:35 AM

Ok well hughes is better than Ross, Merriweather is not a 1st round pick but hall is questionable but it all depends how they do @ the combine

PErsonally i think the biggest travesty is not giving us Lawrence Timmons who seems to b absent from the 1st round- thats our pick

Timmons goes to Jacksonville which is probably a questionable pick. I would've given you Bradley before the Aarington, Emmons cuts in Round 3 had it panned out that way.

I think you can make a case for Ross and Hall but I went with Hughes as I felt the man-to-man thing was better in his situation. Could I envision a trade-down? Perhaps.

Go_Eagles77
02-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Solid eagles picks.

themaninblack
02-15-2007, 12:06 AM
im feeling the bengals picks.

Caddy
02-15-2007, 01:16 AM
B- Buc draft

Diehard
02-15-2007, 09:51 AM
i like your bengals draft, id rather see a dt than a safety but rouse is solid.

02-15-2007, 10:10 AM
STOP GIVING US MICHEAL BUSH!! Give us Tony Hunt instead!

Severe Punishment
02-15-2007, 02:53 PM
The Giants wont take Daymeion Hughes if Leon Hall is still on the board. That would just be dumb :P

And Asante Samuel already said hes leaving the pats because they "disrespected" him with there offer.

Philliez01
02-15-2007, 04:38 PM
The Giants wont take Daymeion Hughes if Leon Hall is still on the board. That would just be dumb :P

And Asante Samuel already said hes leaving the pats because they "disrespected" him with there offer.

Thanks for the update on Samuel. I think Hughes fits the new DC's system more as isn't Hall more of a zone-coverage guy. Hughes fits man-to-man better and I'm sorry to say, but unless a OT or LB fall, I probably won't change the pick. Sorry.

Too bad Hunt went 15 picks up to the Steelers, Bush isn't a power back I agree with that statement but if Lewis is gone, I think the upside would prevail.

asmitty45
02-15-2007, 05:07 PM
pretty good lions draft
just make sure they get an OG/MLB in the third

Philliez01
02-15-2007, 05:12 PM
pretty good lions draft
just make sure they get an OG/MLB in the third

I will have a new Mock on Friday Night up here, hopefully. This will probably be my last one for a while so if anyone can think of a witty title, hit me up.

LB51
02-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Leon Hall in first and Earl Everette in the second

JT Jag
02-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Good Jaguars draft.

Don't sleep on Daryl Smith, unless your lack of mentioning him means you think he's the future at middle linebacker. Which is true.

Philliez01
02-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Good Jaguars draft.

Don't sleep on Daryl Smith, unless your lack of mentioning him means you think he's the future at middle linebacker. Which is true.

I mentioned him, I believe, in the other MyMockDraft post so sorry for leaving him off but yeah, Timmons comes in as a OLB. How did Griesen do for you guys this year---if anything?

Slasher-Which team?

JT Jag
02-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Good Jaguars draft.

Don't sleep on Daryl Smith, unless your lack of mentioning him means you think he's the future at middle linebacker. Which is true.I mentioned him, I believe, in the other MyMockDraft post so sorry for leaving him off but yeah, Timmons comes in as a OLB. How did Griesen do for you guys this year---if anything?

Slasher-Which team?Griesen did... alright... as a fill-in for Clint Ingram, and then Mike Peterson.

He's a smart guy, but he doesn't make plays.

Let's just say that we're all glad that Mike Pete will be back next year.

Griesen is a good backup for all three LB positions, and that's why I think the team should retain him. But make him do much more then spot breather and cleanup duty, and he has trouble.

Philliez01
02-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Good Jaguars draft.

Don't sleep on Daryl Smith, unless your lack of mentioning him means you think he's the future at middle linebacker. Which is true.I mentioned him, I believe, in the other MyMockDraft post so sorry for leaving him off but yeah, Timmons comes in as a OLB. How did Griesen do for you guys this year---if anything?

Slasher-Which team?Griesen did... alright... as a fill-in for Clint Ingram, and then Mike Peterson.

He's a smart guy, but he doesn't make plays.

Let's just say that we're all glad that Mike Pete will be back next year.

Griesen is a good backup for all three LB positions, and that's why I think the team should retain him. But make him do much more then spot breather and cleanup duty, and he has trouble.

Alright man, thanks for that. I was pretty curious on how he did, I only got to "follow" him when he played Indy both times and one was a radio feed.

ftbl88
02-22-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm not so high on Jon Beason, I think he is a mid second rounder and not worth our pick. CB can be taken care of later in the draft. We are good at developing late round CBs, so we might not draft one until the later rounds. Griffin and Willis, if available would be good first round picks and depending on the first, a DE, S, or Brian Leonard would be a good pick IMO. I know most Eagle fans don't want Leonard, but he is perfect for our offense and is the only offensive player that, realistically, would be worth taking on the first day.