PDA

View Full Version : Josh GAttis Wake Forest Safety

kennyb
11-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Last year he was the poor-man's Sean Taylor.

This year he's out of football..forgot where he got drafted, but I think it was low.

So what happened? Any ideas? I thought this guy was pretty good and wanted my team to draft him. Goes to show I don't know much, I guess.

fischbowl
11-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Last year he was the poor-man's Sean Taylor.

This year he's out of football..forgot where he got drafted, but I think it was low.

So what happened? Any ideas? I thought this guy was pretty good and wanted my team to draft him. Goes to show I don't know much, I guess.

He was drafted by Jacksonville in the fifth I think.

kennyb
11-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks. I just did a google search on him...he got picked up by the Bears...

Doh!

Maybe there's hope for him yet. Just has to get into the swing of things.

Guess he got cut by Jacksonville though.

dcarey20
11-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Really don't know what happend to Gattis. He was cut by Jacksonville. He was one of my favorite picks, and in my eyes one of the best values of the 07 draft. I had him down as a late 2nd rounder and I thought he'd prove me to be right. Still can't put the guy completely out, he's still a rookie, but he's been a huge dissapointment, at least for me.

NYGibril28
11-01-2007, 10:09 PM
I did an interview with him last year...

Patrick: What is your height, weight, and 40 time?

Josh: I'm 6'2 210 lbs 4.41

Patrick: What were your expectations from a team standpoint, and from a personal standpoint coming into the year?

Josh: From a team standpoint our goals were to win an ACC championship. We are one of the most veteran teams in the league and one of the best. Personally I knew it would be hard to match the numbers I put up last year because people would not throw it my way much, but my personal goal was to continue to be the best player I can be.

Patrick: When did you first realize that you might have a future in the NFL?

Josh: I've always had dreams of playing in the NFL regardless if it has been dreams of being a star safety or a special teams player I've always wanted to be on the next level.

Patrick: Do you have a favorite NFL team or a player that you like watching?

Josh: My favorite team is the Carolina panthers. Steve Smith is my favorite player on the team. However I do like watching Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Troy Polamalu play because I feel they are the best safeties in the game.

Patrick: What do you feel your strengths and weaknesses are as a player?

Josh: My strengths are my speed, playmaking ablitly and my ablitly to play anywhere in a defense( in the box, man to man, deep zone). My only weakness left to me I feel is that I play on a team that does not get as much national respect as we should.

Patrick: Thus far, what is your most memorable moment in college football?

Josh: My most memorable moment in college is my first game running out of the tunnel as a redshirt freshman playing college football.

Patrick: What do you feel you bring to an NFL team?

Josh: I feel like I bring so much to a NFL team as far as having a great player to play safety and also getting a great player to play special teams.

Patrick: How is it playing in the ACC? Is every game a battle?

Josh: I love playing in the ACC because you are constantly going up against other great players in the league. Every game you know it is going to be a battle especially if you dont focus and bring your A game.

Patrick: Do you have any plans for after football?

Josh: After football I want to work on sports marketing or get into the development of a non profit organization for underpriviledged kids who struggle through the judicial system.

Patrick: Once again, thanks for answering these questions, and good luck the rest of the season and in the future as well!

Josh: Thanks Patrick no problem on the questions. Anytime.

BrownsTown
11-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Hmmm...I wonder where that's from ;)

NYGibril28
11-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Hmmm...I wonder where that's from ;)

I just don't know...

fischbowl
11-02-2007, 03:08 PM
I just don't know...

some mysterious place in the sky i assume.