PDA

View Full Version : Arizona State VS Oregon

duckseason
11-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Make your predictions here. Though this game is being discussed heavily in the College Gameday thread, this thread is being created so we can have a poll to see where everybody stands. Please choose which team you think will cover the spread. (currently 7.5, opened at 7) Voice any predictions about the game here, and we can look back after the game and see who was on point and who had it all wrong. I'm on record as saying that my Ducks will win by a comfortable margin.

princefielder28
11-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Oregon is on their way to the National Title Game and this is another team that they will beat and I think by at least two TDs

soybean
11-01-2007, 04:35 PM
that damn fake/nonfake handoff dixon and stewart does is annoying as hell, for the opponent that is.

How the hell do you stop it without over commiting?

CARDIAC CAT 7
11-01-2007, 04:41 PM
This will be the best damn game of the season, cant wait for this one. Going to be a shootout with tons of studs on both sides of the ball. Go Sundevils

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Im taking the 7.5 to the bank $$$$$$$

princefielder28
11-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Im taking the 7.5 to the bank $$$$$$$

Brilliant idea

RyanLeaf#1
11-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Brilliant idea

Are you saying that sarcasticly?

duckseason
11-01-2007, 05:43 PM
I say ASU struggles big time in trying to contain our offense, but will make a few big plays with blitzes and things. I've never been real high on Jaison Williams, but look for him to have a huge day. He should be matched up on the same kid he torched last year, Justin Tryon. All 5-10 180 lbs of him. Williams' struggles with his hands have been costly for us this year, but I look for him to step it up this week and remind some of what they saw from him at times last year.

I also look to see Ed Dickson play a big role over the middle if ASU chooses to focus heavily on containing our running game, as expected. Jonathan Stewart and the offensive line will grind it out and wear down ASU's front wall all day and just get better with each drive. Expect to see a big day from Stewart and Crenshaw on the ground. Look for Dixon to take whatever the defense gives him. His success will largely depend on whether or not the ASU defense plays disciplined and keeps their lanes closed and doesn't bite on the fakes. If they bring good pressure, look for Dixon to rip them up on the ground. If they fail to hurry him, look for Dixon to hook up with his receivers for a lot of big plays through the air. Look for Williams to score on a big run after the catch at some point in the game. Pflugrad will be the safety net who is open most of the time, and Dickson will get loose over the deep middle at least once.

Defensively, I expect us to put a ton of pressure on Carpenter and try to rattle him early. I want to see us hit him a few times and let that thumb hit the turf. Our secondary should be solid, and you can expect Thurmond III to have that left flat locked down all day with his sure tackling/attacking style. I don't think ASU has the WR's to beat us consistently. I'm sure we'll give up a big play or two, but we should be able to create some as well. I expect them to test us deep on their first drive to try and keep us honest and eliminate any doubts about Carpenter's health. Whether it be Carpenter fumbling or throwing interceptions, I see at least 2 turnovers coming from him.

Their running game took a shot when they lost Torain, but they do have capable backs who have stepped in for him. Their O-line's strength is run blocking, but I'm still not impressed with them. Aliotti has done an excellent job shoring up our defense to the point that we have looked downright scary at times. Everybody should be flying to the ball like usual. I expect ASU to pull out a trick play or two, and whether or not they are successful in that will be huge for them.

My official prediction is Oregon 45 ASU 24

Chaucer
11-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Ill take ASU.

BaLLiN
11-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Jonathan Stewart is on a roll right now, i pick Oregon

OregonDucks
11-01-2007, 08:00 PM
I think asu is overrated. the only quality team they beat was cal and they got cal on their downfall, we got cal when they were on a roll and playing their best. Their non conference schedule was weak, san jose state, san diego state, didnt they also play la tech? Yes colorado is a decent team. I just think they are overrated and the ducks will dominate this whole game. Oregon 48 ASU 14

Im_a_Romosexual
11-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Oregon they're hot and 1 inch away from being undefeated

kwilk103
11-01-2007, 09:45 PM
i hope asu wins cuz it helps wvu (we'll move up either way) and i see them losing in another game before oregon loses another

and that fake/nonfake handoff was started at wvu

soybean
11-01-2007, 09:48 PM
why do you want WVU to move up? they'll get murdered by any of the top teams.

this isn't the 1920's you have to throw a forward pass these days to win.

kwilk103
11-01-2007, 09:55 PM
we hear that every time; the sec is sooooo tough; we just blew out a msu team that beat uk

2 years ago we had a bunch of freshman that were supposed to be 2 touchdown underdogs against the sec champions; those freshman went into their own backyard and put up 38 points

put up over 400 rushin yards against the 2001 miami hurricanes (would have won if winslow wouldnt have made a 1 handed catch)

we can throw if we want to; its just we dont need to; and the offense is tailored to the players---when rod was at tulane it was more balanced, at clemson it was more rushing

when brown comes in it is more passing---which is the way it seems to be heading with current recruits---passers who can also run well

TouchdownUSC
11-01-2007, 11:22 PM
i like oregon in this one.

duckseason
11-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Damn, I was hoping there would be more people riding the ASU train on this one. I wanted to see some posts detailing how the Sun Devils will win. Somebody argue with me!

Turtlepower
11-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Damn, I was hoping there would be more people riding the ASU train on this one. I wanted to see some posts detailing how the Sun Devils will win. Somebody argue with me!

Everyone is picking Oregon this week. I think it will be a close game, not a blowout like many people are predicting. On ESPN, I think 85% of the country thinks Oregon wins. =(

duckseason
11-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Everyone is picking Oregon this week. I think it will be a close game, not a blowout like many people are predicting. On ESPN, I think 85% of the country thinks Oregon wins. =(

I know, I hate when my Ducks are the overwhelming favorite. Nobody is impressed when you win a game that everybody had you favored in. But if you lose, everybody thinks you were vastly overrated heading into the game. You guys are in a great position to vault yourselves into the title game if you can steal a win up here. I almost wish this game were in Tempe.

RockJock07
11-02-2007, 01:38 PM
I think Oregon scores over 50 and wins this game by at least 2 td's.

Turtlepower
11-02-2007, 01:38 PM
I know, I hate when my Ducks are the overwhelming favorite. Nobody is impressed when you win a game that everybody had you favored in. But if you lose, everybody thinks you were vastly overrated heading into the game. You guys are in a great position to vault yourselves into the title game if you can steal a win up here. I almost wish this game were in Tempe.

Completely agree with you there. The only time that your point is not valid is when people talk about the SEC because obviously everyone in the SEC is great, so when Miss. State beats Kentucky it means they are a great team (even though they were blown out by LSU and WVU).

RyanLeaf#1
11-02-2007, 02:16 PM
I think Oregon scores over 50 and wins this game by at least 2 td's.

Favorite and over what the public always bets, and exactly what vegas doesnt want..... so it wont happen.

duckseason
11-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Favorite and over what the public always bets, and exactly what vegas doesnt want..... so it wont happen.

Except that the Ducks have covered the spread by a large margin all season. I know a few weeks ago they had actually covered by a larger margin than any other team in the country. Not sure if that's still true or not, but it really has no bearing on this game. Again, the bookmakers don't create a spread that reflects their opinion on the outcome of the game. They create a spread that is designed to elicit equal action on both sides. For all we know, they may have the Ducks winning by 30. But what happens if they put the spread at 30? Public opinion is what drives the line, first and foremost. Usually, an 8-0 team facing a conference foe on the road who is 7-1 would produce a spread that was either even, or slightly favoring one or the other. This 7Ĺ already reflects the overwhelming public opinion favoring the Ducks. The bottom line is that the Devils and Ducks will decide what the final score is, not Vegas.

RyanLeaf#1
11-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Except that the Ducks have covered the spread by a large margin all season. I know a few weeks ago they had actually covered by a larger margin than any other team in the country. Not sure if that's still true or not, but it really has no bearing on this game. Again, the bookmakers don't create a spread that reflects their opinion on the outcome of the game. They create a spread that is designed to elicit equal action on both sides. For all we know, they may have the Ducks winning by 30. But what happens if they put the spread at 30? Public opinion is what drives the line, first and foremost. Usually, an 8-0 team facing a conference foe on the road who is 7-1 would produce a spread that was either even, or slightly favoring one or the other. This 7Ĺ already reflects the overwhelming public opinion favoring the Ducks. The bottom line is that the Devils and Ducks will decide what the final score is, not Vegas.

Well right now all the action is on Oregon and the Over. Your not going to get both of them. Its either going to be Oregon and the under or ASU and the over. This game will not go Oregon and over. The only time games usually go favorite and over is when the public is betting the underdog heavy (which is very rare.) So they dont care if it goes favorite and over because the majority of the action is on the dog. Vegas tries to get the action at 50/50, but for 90% of the games the percentages are not near 50/50. They are pretty lopsided. Are you saying that the line has never had an affect on a game?

duckseason
11-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Well right now all the action is on Oregon and the Over. Your not going to get both of them. Its either going to be Oregon and the under or ASU and the over. This game will not go Oregon and over. The only time games usually go favorite and over is when the public is betting the underdog heavy (which is very rare.) So they dont care if it goes favorite and over because the majority of the action is on the dog. Vegas tries to get the action at 50/50, but for 90% of the games the percentages are not near 50/50. They are pretty lopsided. Are you saying that the line has never had an affect on a game?

No not at all. I believe gambling has had a huge impact on college football over the years. If Oregon doesn't cover, that would definitely make me wonder, depending on how it occurs. I've witnessed countless questionable occurrences over the years that directly affected the outcome of bets.

As far as the over/under, that's mostly dependent on how the game plays out. Things like field position/special teams and big plays will determine how that shakes out. I'm not touching the points on this one, but I think there's a very good chance it can go over. But you have to think that both teams will look to run the ball first, so that could slow things down a bit and keep the score in check. And we're missing a lot of our big play guys.

You tell me that I shouldn't be wagering if I think there's such a thing as a lock pick, but here you are acting as though you can't pick a favorite and an over in the same game. Superstition should have no role in wagering, imo. You think the Ducks cover, you take them. You think the points go over, you take that too. Both hit all the time. You shouldn't put yourself in a box when making your picks. It should be all about your perception of what will actually happen in the game.

And as far as the 50/50 thing, of course many games are lopsided. That's just inevitable. But that doesn't change the fact that the ultimate goal of the bookmaker is to draw the same amount of action on both sides. That is what the perfect line is. Not a line that predicts the outcome, but a line that predicts public opinion. And how the hell do you know how much action is on each team in each of these games? Do you think published reports are honest and accurate, or even possible, considering the countless wagering outlets that exist today? I know if I were a book, I'd use that as a tool to elicit more action on one side or the other.

RyanLeaf#1
11-02-2007, 04:16 PM
No not at all. I believe gambling has had a huge impact on college football over the years. If Oregon doesn't cover, that would definitely make me wonder, depending on how it occurs. I've witnessed countless questionable occurrences over the years that directly affected the outcome of bets.

As far as the over/under, that's mostly dependent on how the game plays out. Things like field position/special teams and big plays will determine how that shakes out. I'm not touching the points on this one, but I think there's a very good chance it can go over. But you have to think that both teams will look to run the ball first, so that could slow things down a bit and keep the score in check. And we're missing a lot of our big play guys.

You tell me that I shouldn't be wagering if I think there's such a thing as a lock pick, but here you are acting as though you can't pick a favorite and an over in the same game. Superstition should have no role in wagering, imo. You think the Ducks cover, you take them. You think the points go over, you take that too. Both hit all the time. You shouldn't put yourself in a box when making your picks. It should be all about your perception of what will actually happen in the game.

And as far as the 50/50 thing, of course many games are lopsided. That's just inevitable. But that doesn't change the fact that the ultimate goal of the bookmaker is to draw the same amount of action on both sides. That is what the perfect line is. Not a line that predicts the outcome, but a line that predicts public opinion. And how the hell do you know how much action is on each team in each of these games? Do you think published reports are honest and accurate, or even possible, considering the countless wagering outlets that exist today? I know if I were a book, I'd use that as a tool to elicit more action on one side or the other.

I agree that favorite and over hits, but not when 90% of the public is betting the side, and 90% of the public is betting the over in the same game. I know the percentages of how much of the action is being played on each side.

duckseason
11-02-2007, 04:26 PM
I know the percentages of how much of the action is being played on each side.

How is that possible?

RyanLeaf#1
11-02-2007, 04:31 PM
How is that possible?

Some online websites provide how much action they get on both sides, and they are always accurate. Teams that are bet 90% or more almost always lose. I would say 8 out of 10 times a team is 90% or more are losers.

duckseason
11-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Some online websites provide how much action they get on both sides, and they are always accurate. Teams that are bet 90% or more almost always lose. I would say 8 out of 10 times a team is 90% or more are losers.

Hmm. So with that kind of information, you should be able to win 80% of your plays, correct? Seems like a very simple formula.

RyanLeaf#1
11-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Hmm. So with that kind of information, you should be able to win 80% of your plays, correct? Seems like a very simple formula.

Yes 8 of 10 plays when a side is bet on a 90% percentile or higher. I would say yes that is a fact. But just keep in mind high 80s and 90s are 2 different animals. When a 90% comes around I will be happy to PM you and you can keep track if this is true or not.

KCJ58
11-02-2007, 09:17 PM
http://simla.colostate.edu/~meronald/bears.jpg

Arizona State Wins: 148 to -2

Turtlepower
11-02-2007, 11:00 PM
http://simla.colostate.edu/~meronald/bears.jpg

Arizona State Wins: 148 to -2

I like that score. I think I will have to agree. No one can man up against the ultimate power that is Rudy "Jesus" Carpenter.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Duck the line is up to 8, and as of 11:30 Eastern time 80% of the action is on Oregon.

Geo
11-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Oregon at home by double-digits imo. The Ducks really are one of the best teams in the nation.

http://img.fannation.com/upload/truth_rumor/photo_upload/17680/full/oregonducksmascotJonathan_Ferrey.jpg

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Line is up to 8.5 in this game now.

Turtlepower
11-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Line is up to 8.5 in this game now.

You think Vegas wants more people to bet the under?

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 03:59 PM
You think Vegas wants more people to bet the under?

This game only goes under if Oregon covers.

Turtlepower
11-03-2007, 04:00 PM
This game only goes under if Oregon covers.

Good point...

So why do you think the line is now 8.5? Is there that little faith in ASU?

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Good point...

So why do you think the line is now 8.5? Is there that little faith in ASU?

Well 80% of the action is on Oregon so they lifted the line to try to get more people to bet ASU to even it out. I think if the line was ten 80% of the people would still be on Oregon.

Turtlepower
11-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Well 80% of the action is on Oregon so they lifted the line to try to get more people to bet ASU to even it out. I think if the line was ten 80% of the people would still be on Oregon.

I think people expect Oregon to win by 2 TDs. Well, America is in for a shocker today!!!!! =D

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 04:04 PM
I think people expect Oregon to win by 2 TDs. Well, America is in for a shocker today!!!!! =D

I agree. This game is going to be closer then everyone thinks.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 05:52 PM
I've never been real high on Jaison Williams, but look for him to have a huge day. He should be matched up on the same kid he torched last year, Justin Tryon. All 5-10 180 lbs of him. Williams' struggles with his hands have been costly for us this year, but I look for him to step it up this week and remind some of what they saw from him at times last year.

Look for Williams to score on a big run after the catch at some point in the game.

TD Jaison Williams! 26 yds RAC. Oh, and his hands still suck. He dropped an easy catch on the same drive.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Bent but didn't break on D. Let them get to the 3, but held them to a FG with a stout run D.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Wow another drop by Williams in the end zone

duckseason
11-03-2007, 06:08 PM
TD Stewart!

Pit Bull #53
11-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Whew lucky break right there for Oregon

duckseason
11-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Whew lucky break right there for Oregon

Yeah, not really though. Their penalty is just as significant as ours. Surprised Chung did that though.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Im pissed ESPN is supposed to carrying it and they still have this ****** USF game on.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Im pissed ESPN is supposed to carrying it and they still have this ****** USF game on.

That's lame. It seems like the rest of the nation always gets screwed out of seeing the Pac-10 games.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 06:21 PM
It will probably come on after it. Did Dixon just get stuffed on 3rd down?

duckseason
11-03-2007, 06:22 PM
It will probably come on after it. Did Dixon just get stuffed on 3rd down?

No that was 2nd and 5

P-L
11-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Is this game on for non-West Coast people?

duckseason
Now he just ran for a 1st

RyanLeaf#1
This is killing me USF sucks I dont feel like watching this hopefully it comes on right after but this 4th quarter has been over an hour already and there is still 5 minutes left.

Pit Bull #53
11-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Is this game on for non-West Coast people?

I'm watching it on FSN

Pit Bull #53
11-03-2007, 06:25 PM
TD Ducks!! 21-3

duckseason
11-03-2007, 06:25 PM
2nd TD for Williams. Nice fake by Dixon. That's 3 for DD.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Did Oregon get the ball first?

duckseason
11-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Did Oregon get the ball first?

Yes. goducks (10)

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Rudy Carpenter

neko4
11-03-2007, 06:41 PM
TD Ducks!! 21-3
Im watching it on ESPN here in VA

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Finally the USF game is over, and they just put on the game

duckseason
11-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Dixon should know better by now than to look Williams' way on 3rd down.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Tough run on 1st down for ASU

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 06:46 PM
2 straight first downs what a run for Carpenter.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm looking for a turnover here soon. They're due.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Weber 17 for 17 wow.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 06:57 PM
ASU is playing some defense now.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Ok, going to Williams repeatedly on 3rd down is starting to piss me off. Get that low percentage crap outta here.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 06:59 PM
That's a big break for ASU. Bacon is big for us.

jared
11-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Good game so far. I'm glad ASU's D found their nuts. Gonna be an interesting game.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Dixon fumble

duckseason
11-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Dixon fumble

Dixon didn't fumble that. That's what ASU will need in order to cover though.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Big personal foul gives ASU a first down.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Wow. That's weak as hell. I've seen worse than that many times this year. The tackle started in bounds.

jared
11-03-2007, 07:11 PM
i have to admit, that penalty was kind of weak.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Dixon didn't fumble that. That's what ASU will need in order to cover though.

Who fumbled it then?

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Nance is nasty

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 07:15 PM
If this half ends with ASU down 8 im happy knowing ASU gets the ball.... and as im typing this Weber misses the FG.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Who fumbled it then?

Looked like Stewart failed to take the handoff to me.

jared
11-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Well Dixon and Stewart better decide a little sooner who wants the ball more. That's twice they've looked silly now. I hope it continues naturally...

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Duck best case scenario for both of us is an 8 point win by Oregon. You got minus 7. I have plus 8.5

duckseason
11-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Duck best case scenario for both of us is an 8 point win by Oregon. You got minus 7. I have plus 8.5

Hey I wouldn't be mad about that at all. I want us to blow them out, but I don't want to see you lose any money. I'd rather we win by 8 than 10.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Hey I wouldn't be mad about that at all. I want us to blow them out, but I don't want to see you lose any money. I'd rather we win by 8 than 10.

If ASU comes out and scores its going to make this very interesting.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 07:43 PM
This kid has a serious boot.

jared
11-03-2007, 07:46 PM
How bout Weber eh? Only a RS Frosh and kicking like a maniac. Who knew?

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 07:48 PM
3 and out. ASU has been playing some serious D.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 07:56 PM
That was a sick run by Stewart.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 08:04 PM
WTF are they serious? When will teams realize that we stuff that crap all the time. I was expecting play action or something creative.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 08:05 PM
3 and out for Oregon..... ASU has to score a TD on this upcoming drive.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 08:06 PM
****!!!!

When will we realize that Williams is a horrible option on 3rd down? What's that, 4 times we've gone to him and failed?

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 08:07 PM
****!!!!

When will we realize that Williams is a horrible option on 3rd down? What's that, 4 times we've gone to him and failed?

Yea he keeps dropping passes.

jared
4 dropped passed by Williams. He's big and quite fast for his size but i'm sorry, that's pathetic for a starting WR.

BroadwayJoe10
yaa i counted 3 but im sure there could be one i missed cuase im doin work too..it kinda reminded me of reche caldwell against the colts, just a blankface and can't beleive he just dropped another one

BroadwayJoe10
11-03-2007, 08:08 PM
4 dropped passed by Williams. He's big and quite fast for his size but i'm sorry, that's pathetic for a starting WR.

sounds kinda like a certain dallas cowboys reciever i know hah

jared
11-03-2007, 08:08 PM
By comparison, I think ASU has less than 4 dropped passes as a team on the entire year.

Pit Bull #53
11-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Dennis Dixon for Heisman

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Goodcall Duckseason this game is over.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Goodcall Duckseason this game is over.

Thanks man. But don't jinx us. We've seen some crazy comebacks this year. I'll be surprised to see them cover though.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 08:26 PM
According to the call earlier, that was a late hit.

Shane P. Hallam
11-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Ryan Leaf's brother is in! Sweet! But this game has proven to me that the Ducks are going to have a shot at the National Championship...

BrownsTown
11-03-2007, 08:35 PM
If the Ducks win out, I don't see how Dixon wouldn't win the Heisman.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Props to Carpenter for not turning it over until just now. I had him pegged for a multi-turnover game.

RyanLeaf#1
11-03-2007, 08:44 PM
I would like to see my brother get a touchdown.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Nice pushoff. He needed it.

duckseason
11-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Looks like Dixon's injury might end up costing me $220.

kwilk103
11-03-2007, 08:58 PM
whats the update on the injury

duckseason
11-03-2007, 09:00 PM
whats the update on the injury

He appears to be fine, but the coaches are being conservative right now.

Pit Bull #53
11-03-2007, 09:02 PM
How in the blue hell did he catch that?

And as I type that he fumbles, hahaha

DChess
11-03-2007, 09:02 PM
that was a fun play

BroadwayJoe10
11-03-2007, 09:04 PM
GOD DA**IT my cable just went out for some reason. Why is dixon out of the game?

duckseason
11-03-2007, 09:05 PM
GOD DA**IT my cable just went out for some reason. Why is dixon out of the game?
Twisted his knee a while back. Looks ok on the sideline but the coaches think we'll be fine without him.

soybean
11-03-2007, 09:24 PM
oregon jumps lsu right?

OregonDucks
11-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes they do, they got to. They beat #4 by 2 scores while lsu barely pulled off a win against #17. Doesnt matter oregon with end up in the national title game. Ducks and bukeyes.

enjay2nine
11-03-2007, 11:04 PM
I think Oregon should jump LSU, but I don't see it happening. I was really impressed by Dixon, he made some great throws, and would have had even better stats if Williams didn't drop a couple huge passes.

On a side note, lol at Leaf. Dude's sliding in the open field with no one around him.

DChess
11-03-2007, 11:06 PM
national championship

ohio state

vs

oregon

soybean
11-03-2007, 11:10 PM
national championship

ohio state

vs

oregon

might be ohio state vs. LSU.

enjay2nine
11-03-2007, 11:11 PM
I'd like to see LSU v. Oregon, just because I think it would be a great game to watch (especially if LSU used Perilloux and Holliday a little more), but OSU won't lose, unless Michigan can pull something out.

Geo
11-03-2007, 11:12 PM
If LSU runs the table with only one loss, including the SEC Championship Game (meanwhile the Pac 10 has no conference championship game, gg), there's no way they don't get in. Even if Oregon blows out the rest of their schedule by 40 per, and only have themselves to blame for not running the table because of stupid turnovers against a Cal Bears team with no legit defense.

jballa838
11-03-2007, 11:21 PM
i say Kansas vs. Oregon
now thats BOLD
Hawaii makes a major bowl with at large bid.

Major Controversy Arises as Hawaii and Oregon both win. Championship is very disputes, mostly in part of Hawai'i-Washington Shootout to end Hawaii's season. both teams with 550+ yards of total offense and this game proves Hawaii is for real and gets them into that big game.
Meanwhile Oregon walks all over Arizona, UCLA, and Oregon State.
this sets up said Kansas-Oregon game and Oregon wins convincingly by 10.
Or the damn SEC bias kicks in and Kansas, Hawai'i, and Oregon are all undefeated as LSU gets DEMOLISHED in the National Championship by Oregon.
i dont trust Ohio States ability to beat Michigan and i believe it will not happen. OSU is extremely overrated and couldnt handle Oregon, Kansas, or Hawai'i on offense.
but OSU will lose to Michigan, or Mike Hart, Chad Henne, and their really good tackle(forgot last name) will all be scarred for life and they will be known as the team that couldnt beat Ohio State

btw LSU will either lose to Arkansas or whoever they play in the SEC CHAMP

SunDevil450
11-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Well i must admit I thought ASU would win this game mostly because I am student there. But Oregon out played the sun devils in every aspect of the game, I respect the ducks and their program's ability to execute definitely beat us. Iím not going to say well if we didnít do this or that we could of won the game. The bottom line is that Oregon beat a good football team and pretty damn convincingly. I hope for ASU to rebound and finish strong but the ducks deserve a shot at the NC.

Iamcanadian
11-04-2007, 09:58 AM
It will be Ohio St vs LSU, the BCS loves the SEC which gets a lot more hype than Oregon. The NCG should be Ohio St. vs Oregon but you'll never see it unless somebody upsets LSU. The Pac 10 outside of USC gets no respect.
However, LSU will get slaughtered by Ohio St. as they simply don't have a good QB. and will be in against a very emotional Ohio St. team who will be out to prove, simular to Florida last year, that they and The Big 10 are the best.

soybean
11-05-2007, 12:15 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3094240&categoryId=2564308

condensed game.