PDA

View Full Version : Most surprising player and biggest dissapointment..

Jagonsucker
11-01-2007, 07:58 PM
for my surprising player i pick Gerald Alexander. He has been doing a pretty good job for being a safety and all the kid does is make plays. Pretty impressive so far. For the biggest dissapointment id say Tatum Bell. He is just absolutley awful..worst runningback Detroits had in the past 10 years

detroit4life
11-01-2007, 09:37 PM
idk if u can say that abotu bell i think it was obvious from day one that once KJ was healthy bell was going to be a non factor. I think he helped us out while KJ was out tho.

Scotty D
11-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Gerald Alexander has been getting INTs, but those aren't really always the best way to judge how a guy has been playing. I can't really fault him for being in the right place at the right time but it isn't the only way we should judge him.

P-L
11-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Alexander has been real solid in coverage. He still has somethings to work on, but for a guy who was considered a "reach" in the late 2nd Round, he has been awesome for us.

Scotty D
11-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Alexander has been real solid in coverage. He still has somethings to work on, but for a guy who was considered a "reach" in the late 2nd Round, he has been awesome for us.

Thats good to know. I haven't been looking at that so I couldn't say. I remember hearing after we had drafted him that he had moved himself up to a third round grade. I think he was just a reach to the public, but GMs knew about him.

detknowitall
11-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Biggest Surprise.... There are so many here. Kitna's completing like 70% of his passes. The Lions are #1 in turnovers. Rookies like Alexander are stepping in and getting the job done. Dwayne White is playing like we wanted Kalimba to play. Fernando's not broken and on IR, and he's playing like the player we wanted in FA. But those are all overshadowed by the fact that the Lions are 5-2, just that record has to be the biggest surprise for me.

Biggest dissappointment....Millen is still the GM.

Xiomera
11-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Biggest Surprises: Stephen Peterman, Shaun McDonald, Corey Smith

Biggest Disappointments: Cory Redding, Jeff Backus, Boss Bailey

Bootland27
11-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Biggest Surprises: Peterman. Not only the fact that he is starting, but he's been playing very well.

The entire lions secondary. We knew going into the season that they probably had the worst group in the NFL(on paper). But, If you had told me that midway through the season we'd lead the league in INTs, I'd told you to put down the crack pipe.

Biggest Disappointments: Red Zone Efficiency. With the cast of guys on Offense, I thought we'd done better in the redzone. We should be scoring TDs not settling for FGs.

TacticaLion
11-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Biggest Surprises: Stephen Peterman, Shaun McDonald, Corey Smith

Biggest Disappointments: Cory Redding, Jeff Backus, Boss Bailey

COREY SMITH! Great to see on this list... he deserves it. This guy has a ton of talent, is a hard worker, is great in pursuit and just makes plays.

I don't see Redding as a disappointment, to be honest. He has been bothered by injuries but has still been a force, regardless of what the numbers tell. DeWayne White is having a solid season (as is Shaun Rogers), and I think Redding is a part of that success.

My disappointment: Boss Bailey. Good luck in the future.