PDA

View Full Version : ***The Bow's Post-Halloween 2008 Mock***

thebow305
11-02-2007, 02:12 AM
FIRST ROUND:

1 Rams Jake Long Offensive Tackle Michigan
2 Dolphins Calais Campbell Defensive End Miami (Fla.)
3 Falcons Brian Brohm Quarterback Louisville
4 Jets Darren McFadden Running Back Arkansas
5 Panthers Kenny Phillips Safety Miami (Fla.)
6 Raiders Glenn Dorsey Defensive Tackle Louisiana State
7 Vikings Andre Woodson Quarterback Kentucky
8 Bengals Phil Loadholt Offensive Tackle Oklahoma
9 Cardinals Chris Long Defensive End Virginia
10 Bills Malcolm Jenkins Cornerback Ohio State
11 Patriots (V/49er's) Rey Maualuga Inside Linebacker Southern California
12 Texans DeSean Jackson Wide Reciever California
13 Redskins Derrick Harvey Defensive End Florida
14 Chiefs Sam Baker Offensive Tackle Southern California
15 Saints Reggie Smith Cornerback Oklahoma
16 Cowboys (v/Browns) Tyson Jackson Defensive End Louisiana State
17 Eagles Ryan Clady Offensive Tackle Boise State
18 Jaguars Keith Rivers Outside Linebacker Southern California
19 Buccanneers Matt Ryan Quarterback Boston College
20 Broncos Steve Slaton Running Back West Virginia
21 Bears Sedrick Ellis Defensive Tackle Southern California
22 Titans Malcolm Kelly Wide Reciever Oklahoma
23 Seahawks Jonathan Stewart Running Back Oregon
24 Ravens Quentin Groves Outside Linebacker Auburn
25 Lions Mike Jenkins Cornerback South Florida
26 Chargers James Laurinaitis Inside Linebacker Ohio State
27 Giants Dan Connor Outside Linebacker Penn State
28 Steelers Justin King Cornerback Penn State
29 Packers Fred Davis Tight End Southern California
30 49ers (v/Colts) Early Doucet Wide Reciever Louisiana State
31 Cowboys Earl Bennett Wide Reciever Vanderbilt
32 Patriots FORFEITED SELECTION N/A

Just a one-rounder for now... 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th rounder to be added later, as I have ben working on this for a while now. Some changes made since last time so let me know what you guys think about your picks and why!

Turtlepower
11-02-2007, 02:14 AM
I really just don't like Dan Conners for the Giants. We need a WILL and he doesn't really fit into that for our defense. I would prefer a CB in Cason (even though he is an Aaron Ross clone).

Caddy
11-02-2007, 02:32 AM
Matt Ryan at 19? I like that very much :).

neko4
11-02-2007, 04:33 AM
Donald Lee is on pace for 600 yards,TE is no longer a first round need for the pack

Bills2083
11-02-2007, 06:33 AM
I'd rather draft the other Malcolm. Malcolm Kelly. We need to help out our WR corps even though CB is a position of need.

We need another quality WR opposite of Evans. We dont have a real threat there. We have Parrish/Reed, both great #3 options, but we need that big #2 guy.

I wouldn't mind drafting another Ohio State CB. We seem to have good luck with them...

Finsfan79
11-02-2007, 09:45 AM

I think you are being very biased to being a canes fan in making this pick. Glenn Dorsey is a far far better pick

Sniper
11-02-2007, 10:01 AM
17 Eagles Ryan Clady Offensive Tackle Boise State

Not a huge Clady fan for the Eagles. Much prefer Laurinaitis, Connor, Rivers even though we tend to not draft LB in the first round.

LionSmack
11-02-2007, 10:31 AM
there have been a couple of mocks lately that have had Laurianitis falling to the mid 20's, and the Lions passing on him at 23 or 24 or so. I cannot imagine that happening.

thebow305
11-02-2007, 11:15 AM

I think you are being very biased to being a canes fan in making this pick. Glenn Dorsey is a far far better pick

He is NOT a FAR better pick, maybe just a little more polished at this point. Yes, Calais is a little lazy at times but if he was with the right coaches, he is the most talented and dominating player in this draft. Maybe I am being biased, but you are also assuming we switch back to the 4-3, because Dorsey is not a very good fit in the system we currently run.

Man_Of_Steel
11-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Love love the Steelers pick. King is my number 2 corner aside from Malcolm right now.

thebow305
11-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Donald Lee is on pace for 600 yards,TE is no longer a first round need for the pack

I would hardly feel confident with Donald Lee as my starting Tight End in the NFL. But maybe that's just me being a biased Dolphin's fan, since Lee was nothing but a Drop-Master in Miami.

Sniper
11-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Love love the Steelers pick. King is my number 2 corner aside from Malcolm right now.

Even after getting abused continuously the past two games?

xooberon
11-02-2007, 01:57 PM
holy ****, you have the panthers in a position to pick dorsey and yet we don't take him!!!

49ers169
11-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Sorry I don't see the 49ers taking a wide receiver. We are going to be going with a defensive lineman I think. Nolan doesn't have 2-3 years to develop an offensive lineman or a wide receiver.

I think we draft an immediate impact guy like a defensive lineman. A guy like Dre Moore, DeMario Pressley, Kentwan Balmer.

thebow305
11-02-2007, 03:25 PM
holy ****, you have the panthers in a position to pick dorsey and yet we don't take him!!!

Yes, because your secondary is much worse than your defensive line. Simple as that.

thebow305
11-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Sorry I don't see the 49ers taking a wide receiver. We are going to be going with a defensive lineman I think. Nolan doesn't have 2-3 years to develop an offensive lineman or a wide receiver.

I think we draft an immediate impact guy like a defensive lineman. A guy like Dre Moore, DeMario Pressley, Kentwan Balmer.

Ok... well you could get a guy like Balmer in the 3-4 round range. That way, you can add a playmaker like Doucet who can come in and start or contribute a lot immediately and already be a huge upgrade at the #2 spot, maybe even number 1.

49ers169
11-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Ok... well you could get a guy like Balmer in the 3-4 round range. That way, you can add a playmaker like Doucet who can come in and start or contribute a lot immediately and already be a huge upgrade at the #2 spot, maybe even number 1.

Come April, Balmer won't be a 3-4 round guy.

AkiliSmith
11-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah the Bengals just resigned both offensive tackles to long term deals. Think defense, pretty much any position except corner.

fenikz
11-02-2007, 04:55 PM
The Cardinals have no need for Long, he would be backing up Dockett and Smith which is a waste of a 1st round pick, both of these guys are very young and very talented plus under contract for awhile, give us a 3-4 OLB or a CB those are our biggest needs by far unless someone like McFadden or Phillips drop to us

Joeyjr09
11-02-2007, 05:11 PM
He is NOT a FAR better pick, maybe just a little more polished at this point. Yes, Calais is a little lazy at times but if he was with the right coaches, he is the most talented and dominating player in this draft. Maybe I am being biased, but you are also assuming we switch back to the 4-3, because Dorsey is not a very good fit in the system we currently run.

Dorsey is the far better pick. I love Miami. I was born and raised a Miami fan. However, we've been over this before. I'm a realist and saying Campbell is the same player as Dorsey is moronic. Dorsey has been arguably the best player in the country this season after Matt Ryan and Tim Tebow while Calais has just been another guy so far this season.

You say Calais will be better with the right coaches. If he is playing poorly and being lazy with Randy Shannon who is one of the best defensive coaches in all of football and a great motivational guy, what do you think he's gonna do with Capers lays his hands of him?

You say Dorsey is not a good fit in the system we run. Campbell is a much worse fit. Campbell is nowhere near fast enough to play LB for us and really can't drop back into coverage the way we had Jason Taylor do when he was playing at his best. Campbell also doesn't anchor well against the run which severly limits his value as a 3-4 DE. His value would be as a pass rusher for us and what we really need is an interior run stuffer.

I'm sorry bow but your being 100 percent biased on this one. No way is Campbell the 2nd best player in this draft and no way is he better then Glenn Dorsey. Campbell is a top 8-12 pick and that's based completely on his athletism because his on field production this season would have him going in round 7.