PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen's Mullet Power

jkb528
11-02-2007, 02:31 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/default.asp

Allen credits his success to his mullet. A modern day Sampson? Discuss...

neko4
11-02-2007, 04:32 AM
its like going super saiyan, but for jared allen

Wyndham
11-02-2007, 07:14 AM
I'll tell ya one thing: the AFC DPOM is going to bend Carl Peterson over the table in the offseason, and Chiefs fans are going to love every minute of it.

bigbluedefense
11-02-2007, 09:31 AM
As much attention Osi and Allen are getting, everyone's forgetting about possibly the best DE in the game right now....Aaron Kampman.

If I had to choose between him and Osi, Id probably take Osi because of his versatility, but Kampman reminds me of a young Strahan. Not as good as a young Strahan, but similar playing style.

If Osi is the best RE, Kampman is clearly the best LE.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-02-2007, 09:35 AM
I just wonder what'll happen when he goes super saiyan 3. Fade the sides and keep the mullet in back or a reverse Mohawk?

Vikes99ej
11-02-2007, 11:43 AM
You just gave us a link to the Chiefs homepage...

Splat
11-02-2007, 12:06 PM
If Osi is the best RE

If being the key word he is not Allen is the best all around RDE in football right now great vs the pass good vs the run never takes a play off makes players around him better.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-02-2007, 12:27 PM
We should invite Aaron Schobel to the GB vs. KC game to have him play snaps for both teams then we can have an epic battle of the best Caucasian Defensive End's in the NFL.

I take Aaron Kampman though. I think he might play more snaps than any other DE and it seems like he is never beaten on a play. He is one of the classiest guys you could have on a team, a leader, never got into trouble. He does everything correct. If he had the athleticism of guys like Merriman, Peppers and Osi he could get 20 sacks in multiple seasons. That's probably the only thing holding him back.

bigbluedefense
11-02-2007, 02:58 PM
If being the key word he is not Allen is the best all around RDE in football right now great vs the pass good vs the run never takes a play off makes players around him better.

eh, you say to-mate-o i say tom-ato

I give Osi the slight edge, but lets not go in circles. Both are great.

Jakey
11-02-2007, 03:10 PM
eh, you say to-mate-o i say tom-ato

I give Osi the slight edge, but lets not go in circles. Both are great.

I'd give Osi the Edge aswell...but only because he is more versitile.

And the fact that Jared got busted drinking and driving...and then complained that they wouldnt give him an contract extention.

McBain
11-02-2007, 03:29 PM
I'd give Osi the Edge aswell...but only because he is more versitile.

And the fact that Jared got busted drinking and driving...and then complained that they wouldnt give him an contract extention.

I fail to see how that last part is relevant to a discussion regarding who is the better defensive end.

Green Bay Scat
11-02-2007, 04:58 PM
can someone explain to my why Osi is more versitile. he plays only DE right? the giants dont have a defense like the ravens and he doesnt line up at LB does he?

stephenson86
11-02-2007, 05:00 PM

i would take KVB over him any day of the week tbh

Splat
11-02-2007, 05:11 PM
i would take KVB over him any day of the week tbh

You can have him.

stephenson86
11-02-2007, 05:20 PM
You can have him.

thanks, you keep ur four match bans

Jakey
11-02-2007, 05:34 PM
I fail to see how that last part is relevant to a discussion regarding who is the better defensive end.

Because ppl were stating who they would rather have playing for thier team...so i said i would rather have Osi because Allen gets busted, and still complains-To me that makes him a whiney *****.

Turtlepower
11-02-2007, 05:46 PM
I don't respect people who get DUIs. Plus I'm a Giants fan. Osi > Allen... We need GRF here to make things clear about Osi being the best DE in the league. =D

kmartin575
11-02-2007, 08:18 PM
We should invite Aaron Schobel to the GB vs. KC game to have him play snaps for both teams then we can have an epic battle of the best Caucasian Defensive End's in the NFL.

I take Aaron Kampman though. I think he might play more snaps than any other DE and it seems like he is never beaten on a play. He is one of the classiest guys you could have on a team, a leader, never got into trouble. He does everything correct. If he had the athleticism of guys like Merriman, Peppers and Osi he could get 20 sacks in multiple seasons. That's probably the only thing holding him back.

I seriously doubt he takes more snaps than Jared Allen. Jimmy Wilkerson and Turk McBride are allright run stuffers but they suck as pass rushing DE's which is why I wish we would draft or sign another DE or two and switch them to one-gap DT's. Jared Allen plays almost every single defensive snap.

Wyndham
11-03-2007, 04:09 AM
thanks, you keep ur four match bans

Two-game, not four-match, ban.

And we'll take him with twice as many sacks and seven more tackles in two less games.

Splat
11-03-2007, 09:16 AM
To me that makes him a whiney b*tch.

You know nothing about Jared Allen.

nobodyinparticular
11-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Jared Allen is a great player. I certainly recognize that, but the idea of those DUIs really lowers my opinion of him as a person. He has said that he's giving up alcohol all together (iirc) and if he does--more power to him. If he is successful in that, he will have gone from a minus-character in my book to a plus-character in my book.

McBain
11-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Because ppl were stating who they would rather have playing for thier team...so i said i would rather have Osi because Allen gets busted, and still complains-To me that makes him a whiney b*tch.

Please. People who complain about players complaining about money is ridiculous if roles were reversed and you were putting your body on the line every game you would want to be sure you're getting paid. So don't ******** me with he's a ***** cuz he wants money. that's just dumb. Anyways it still doesn't make him less of a football player.

Moses
11-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Jared Allen is a great player. I certainly recognize that, but the idea of those DUIs really lowers my opinion of him as a person. He has said that he's giving up alcohol all together (iirc) and if he does--more power to him. If he is successful in that, he will have gone from a minus-character in my book to a plus-character in my book.

Have to agree with that. It's hard to say 3 DUIs are a mistake. One, sure. Three, no.

Moses
11-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Please. People who complain about players complaining about money is ridiculous if roles were reversed and you were putting your body on the line every game you would want to be sure you're getting paid. So don't ******** me with he's a ***** cuz he wants money. that's just dumb. Anyways it still doesn't make him less of a football player.

He needs to prove himself off the field if he wants a big, long-term deal. Nothing wrong with the Chiefs protecting themselves from signing a character risk to a lucrative contract.

McBain
11-03-2007, 01:29 PM
He needs to prove himself off the field if he wants a big, long-term deal. Nothing wrong with the Chiefs protecting themselves from signing a character risk to a lucrative contract.

Never said there was. Conversely there's nothing wrong with asking for a lucrative extension.

Moses
11-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Never said there was. Conversely there's nothing wrong with asking for a lucrative extension.

I guess it depends on how he asks for it. I haven't been following the situation closely but I thought he was whining about not getting an extension and was angry at KC's management?

McBain
11-03-2007, 01:45 PM
I guess it depends on how he asks for it. I haven't been following the situation closely but I thought he was whining about not getting an extension and was angry at KC's management?

i really have no idea. ha ha

Splat
11-03-2007, 01:46 PM
He was mad at first but it had more to do with our GM telling him he would give him a long term deal and then not and giving him the one year tender. Our long snapper made more money then Jared Allen last year that is pretty sad in my book.

Addict
11-03-2007, 02:00 PM
He was mad at first but it had more to do with our GM telling him he would give him a long term deal and then not and giving him the one year tender. Our long snapper made more money then Jared Allen last year that is pretty sad in my book.

that is pretty sad, what's he getting now?

HoopsDemon12
11-03-2007, 02:03 PM
You just gave us a link to the Chiefs homepage...

ya.. was there a picture were supposed to find?

Splat
11-03-2007, 02:18 PM
that is pretty sad, what's he getting now?

We gave him the higest tender one year 2.5 million.

Jakey
11-03-2007, 02:34 PM

I would go as far as, i would pay them to play in the NFL. Even if he was getting payed veterans minimum(which he gets allot more than), that would still be more than enough to pay for any medical bills etc...Some players are just greedy. And untill a player proves them self on and off the field, i dont think they deserve a massive extention. But thats just my opinion.