PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RoyHall#1
05-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Doesn't look too good for the Bengals if their fans are bragging about the UDFA's they got to help their team.

fenikz
05-16-2007, 02:59 PM
i figured if anyone wanted to see these pictures it would be you browns fans

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7255/627wedding2ye3.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3391/2887bradyquinndancesam7.jpg

RoyHall#1
05-16-2007, 03:11 PM
At least he's touching his own balls this time...

Shere Khan
05-16-2007, 03:16 PM
lol

He definitely doesn't take himself too seriously, which is a good thing.

Freddy G
05-16-2007, 05:31 PM
At least he's touching his own balls this time...

yes. That made me laugh.

RoyHall#1
05-16-2007, 06:20 PM
yes. That made me laugh.

About the only thing I can do, I admit everyone here knows more about football than I do.

JoeMontainya
05-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Browns | Lewis wants to trim down
Thu, 24 May 2007 15:27:16 -0700

Steve King, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports Cleveland Browns RB Jamal Lewis wants to play at a lighter weight this season than he has been the past few years. Lewis weighed has between 250 and 255 pounds the past couple of seasons, but he is currently 240 pounds and would like to lose five more pounds before the start of the season.

sounds good to me, returning to his old state where he was a good RB. And this will be his first year in the last 2 where he is healthy and could actually train in the offseason. I think he will rush for 1300 this year with 8 TD's.

kalbears13
05-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Browns | Lewis wants to trim down
Thu, 24 May 2007 15:27:16 -0700

Steve King, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports Cleveland Browns RB Jamal Lewis wants to play at a lighter weight this season than he has been the past few years. Lewis weighed has between 250 and 255 pounds the past couple of seasons, but he is currently 240 pounds and would like to lose five more pounds before the start of the season.

sounds good to me, returning to his old state where he was a good RB. And this will be his first year in the last 2 where he is healthy and could actually train in the offseason. I think he will rush for 1300 this year with 8 TD's.

I'd be happy with anything over 1000. I hated it in that one game I think it was against the Steelers where we ran it like 8 times to Reuben for 10 yards.

RoyHall#1
05-24-2007, 08:43 PM
I'd be happy with anything over 1000. I hated it in that one game I think it was against the Steelers where we ran it like 8 times to Reuben for 10 yards.

Over half a ton is kind of pushing it...

kalbears13
05-24-2007, 09:22 PM

I hope you know that I mean yards.

KBN570
05-25-2007, 11:31 AM

now that made me laugh!

RoyHall#1
05-25-2007, 03:47 PM
now that made me laugh!

2-2! Something about this thread...

Ruken
05-25-2007, 04:25 PM
ok i honestly think we are going to make a huge jump this year. Look at how many close games we let slip away from us last year to very good teams. We addressed some of our glaring problems and I dont think there is anyway we will have the injury problems we had last year. Last year was terrible with injuries. All of the teams in our divison took a step back this year and we have been improving. I think we have a good shot at 8 and 8 this year finishing second in our divison.

JoeMontainya
05-25-2007, 04:50 PM
True. Jamal Lewis hasnt been in this shape in almost 3-4 years. He will be a force, even if he isnt what he use to be, but hes still a prime age for a stud NFL RB. Edwards and Winslow are going into there first veteran seasons healthy by game 1. Theres great QB competition to bring out the best in 3 solid athletes. Our D has some solid upgrades and better yet good depth. Our offensive coordinator will be amazing compared to our old one. And the time has a fire lit under them starting with the coaches. This might be one of the first years since our return where everyone will be on the same page.

kalbears13
05-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Wouldn't it be crazy if Ken Dorsey somehow won the QB competition?

mcdlaxbonz13
05-25-2007, 11:32 PM
i wouldn't count out injuries plauging us again because they always plauge us. i think it was 2004 we had i think 13+ guys on the IR at the end of the year, so it isn't uncommon for alot of our starters to get injured. whats gonna seperate the wins from the losses is how deep we are. so we just have to hope we did a good enough job supplying ourselves with good depth guys

Paul
05-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I just found this on a Dallas Morning News/Cowboys Blog, so ignore the little petty comments. But any truth to it? Just curious

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

Frye named Browns' starting QB

This news is actually a little more than a week old, but I just saw it. Charlie Frye has been named Cleveland's starting quarterback, which you care about because of the high probability that the Browns will be bad enough to give the Cowboys a top-five pick in next season's draft.

Oh, one minor detail: WR Braylon Edwards was the one who made and announced this decision.

"I want to go on record. Charlie is our guy,'' Edwards told the Akron Beacon-Journal.

I always thought a receiver should have at least one 1,000-yard season before declaring that a first-round pick can rot on the bench. I'm sure Brady Quinn appreciated the vote of confidence.

kalbears13
05-26-2007, 06:48 PM
I just found this on a Dallas Morning News/Cowboys Blog, so ignore the little petty comments. But any truth to it? Just curious

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

I'm pretty sure Braylon was talking about as of now. Charlie is the guy working with the 1st team so he's our starting QB. The starter come Week 1 against the Steelers will be decided during training camp, says Romeo Crennel.

Purple N Proud
06-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Really? I took that to mean that Braylon is calling Quinny boy a bust and that the coaches have already given up on him. Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to I guess.

kalbears13
06-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Really? I took that to mean that Braylon is calling Quinny boy a bust and that the coaches have already given up on him. Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to I guess.

Really? I was thinking that maybe Frye is the veteran and right now he's the starting qb during OTA's. I really doubt any rookie quarterbacks are with the first team during OTA's.

j05son
06-01-2007, 09:57 PM

Well Braylon is on the third team and last among receivers in OTA's. They said he fell behind missing the first day and has been at the end of the WR line and has been on the field with the 3rd team.

That MUST mean that Braylon might get cut by training camp.

They aren't going to call a first round pick a bust and give up on him before training camp even starts. Try thinking before you post.

kalbears13
06-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Well Braylon is on the third team and last among receivers in OTA's. They said he fell behind missing the first day and has been at the end of the WR line and has been on the field with the 3rd team.

That MUST mean that Braylon might get cut by training camp.

They aren't going to call a first round pick a bust and give up on him before training camp even starts. Try thinking before you post.

I think he was talking about Quinn.

j05son
06-02-2007, 01:05 PM
I think he was talking about Quinn.

I know.

I was just countering with Braylon being last in reps, really has no voice over Quinn and they aren't going to give up on Quinn before anything [training camp, mini camp, preseason, etc] happens.

Addict
06-06-2007, 01:21 PM
About the only thing I can do, I admit everyone here knows more about football than I do.

don't worry, I know even less :D.

RoyHall#1
06-06-2007, 06:58 PM
don't worry, I know even less :D.

Is that a challenge?

mcdlaxbonz13
06-15-2007, 03:27 PM
well a couple things, inside minicamp on nfl network is doing inside browns minicamp tonight at 8et, grantham was resigned to a 2 year deal, so all good things

kalbears13
06-18-2007, 08:51 PM
The Browns forum needs to get going again.

I posted this a while ago and got mixed reviews...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/kaddyescalade/brownie_0001-1.jpg

What if we had something like this with the alt. oranges. It kinda reminds me of what the chargers do with their powder blues. I wouldn't want this as a permanent thing. I'm just throwing things out because this forum needs something in it and I drew this and wanted some feedback...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/kaddyescalade/revo.jpg

RoyHall#1
06-18-2007, 10:06 PM
That bottom helmet reminds me of Texas, so I don't really like it.

kalbears13
06-18-2007, 10:08 PM
That bottom helmet reminds me of Texas, so I don't really like it.

Jeez...you do know what the Texas helmet looks like right? At least Texas wins games. I've even got that it looks like a Michigan helmet. I wonder where you all get these ideas...

keylime_5
06-18-2007, 10:09 PM
wow, that is incredibly ugly. The helmets are perfect as they are -best in the league along with St.Louis'. The gray facemasks was an ingenious idea. I always liked the old gray ones better than the white.

RoyHall#1
06-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Jeez...you do know what the Texas helmet looks like right? At least Texas wins games. I've even got that it looks like a Michigan helmet. I wonder where you all get these ideas...

I'm not saying it looks like the Texas helmet, it just reminds me of Texas.

j05son
06-18-2007, 11:36 PM
wow, that is incredibly ugly. The helmets are perfect as they are -best in the league along with St.Louis'. The gray facemasks was an ingenious idea. I always liked the old gray ones better than the white.

I agree.

I think our helmets should remain how they are. I like them.

I only want to change our symbol. I like the elf the best. I'm not a real big fan of the dog they came out with for awhile and the helmet is just to plain.

The elf as our symbol is the best....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ab/Browns_1950_Logo.PNG

j05son
06-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Fans

A 2006 study conducted by Bizjournal determined that Browns fans are the most loyal fans in the NFL. The study was largely based on fan loyalty during winning and losing seasons (however, it does not account for the ratio of winning to losing seasons by a team), attendance at games, and challenges confronting fans (such as inclement weather or long-term poor performance of their team). [2] The study noted that Browns fans filled 99.8% of the seats at Cleveland Browns Stadium during the last seven seasons, despite a combined record of 36 wins and 76 loses over that span. [3]

The most prominent organization of Browns fans is the Worldwide Browns Backers. The organization has approximately 50,000 members and is considered the largest sports-fan organization in the USA. [4] Browns Backers clubs can be found in every major city in the United States, and in a number of military bases throughout the world, with the largest club being in Phoenix, AZ. In addition, the organization has a sizable foreign presence in places as far away as Egypt, Australia, Japan, and Sri Lanka.

Perhaps the most visible Browns fans are those that can be found in the Dawg Pound. The Dawg Pound is located at the east end zone of Cleveland Browns Stadium and features hundreds of fans clad in orange and brown and canine attire. The fans are known to be rowdy and loud and have impacted many games.

Drew Carey, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, home run king and Baseball Hall of Famer Hank Aaron, acclaimed scientologist Bernard Iacampo, jazz flutist Bruce Fratcher, offbeat funnyman and actor Martin Mull, WWE hall of famer Jerry "The King" Lawler, Muhammad Ali, and world renowned groove merchant Dennis Byrne are also known to be Cleveland Browns fans.

Found this at Wikipedia while getting the elf pic...

JSimmsy21
06-19-2007, 08:35 PM
pre-camp predictions:

for game one:
Starting QB- Charlie Frye
Starting LT- Joe Thomas
Starting RT- Kevin Shaffer
Starting RG- Seth McKinney

Starting CB- Eric Wright
Starting MLB's- Leon Williams, Jackson

the reports thus far have been that Wright is standing out alot. Both MLB's spots are up for grabs. And Derek Anderson is doing the best so far.

i think wright will make it. and once the pads go on, Thomas will shine. also, DA will crumble once the pads go on, i think.

jriles0522
06-20-2007, 12:07 PM
pre-camp predictions:

for game one:
Starting QB- Charlie Frye
Starting LT- Joe Thomas
Starting RT- Kevin Shaffer
Starting RG- Seth McKinney

Starting CB- Eric Wright
Starting MLB's- Leon Williams, Jackson

the reports thus far have been that Wright is standing out alot. Both MLB's spots are up for grabs. And Derek Anderson is doing the best so far.

i think wright will make it. and once the pads go on, Thomas will shine. also, DA will crumble once the pads go on, i think.

I'm not the biggest andra davis fan, too slow, makes too many tackles downfield rather than at the line, not a playmaker, just kind of solid i guess.

That aside, i don't see williams starting right away, although this WILL happen next year, if not later in the season.

As for the o-line, I agree with McKinney at RG, though itd be nice to see Sowells, just because we drafted him, but he's probably a year or two away.

Are Shaffer and Tucker equally likely and capable to move to RG? Just curious.

For what its worth those striped helmets are too much of a rams/michigan rip off for me. I do love the elf though. Hell, change our name to the Elves, and pass out those keebler elf cookies at the games, those are outstanding. jeez talk about going off on a tangent.

kalbears13
06-20-2007, 12:18 PM
For what its worth those striped helmets are too much of a rams/michigan rip off for me. I do love the elf though. Hell, change our name to the Elves, and pass out those keebler elf cookies at the games, those are outstanding. jeez talk about going off on a tangent.

I can see how they would look like the Chargers or the Rams...but Michigan?!??!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/kaddyescalade/michigan.jpg

jriles0522
06-20-2007, 04:20 PM
I can see how they would look like the Chargers or the Rams...but Michigan?!??!

lol sorry. its just the whole thin striped going to the back. Yea, yours has 2 and their's 3 stripes and yours might not converge in the back, but still, maybe it's just i hate them so much, it just reminds me of it. Upon further review, i change looking like it to, resembling it.

call me crazy but a leopard looks a helluva lot like a cheetah at first glance, it ain't a cheetah till you look at both of em for a while, but the resemblance will get ya.

that's about the best analogy i got.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2483/revomr5.jpg yours

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/746/rid5afsmichigangj6.jpg michigan

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8508/cheetahuz5.jpg cheetah

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7606/leopardpl6.jpg leopard

RoyHall#1
06-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Scott's analysis of the Brown's draft is on the front page... we got an A. No real surprises in his explanations.

JSimmsy21
06-26-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm not the biggest andra davis fan, too slow, makes too many tackles downfield rather than at the line, not a playmaker, just kind of solid i guess.

That aside, i don't see williams starting right away, although this WILL happen next year, if not later in the season.

As for the o-line, I agree with McKinney at RG, though itd be nice to see Sowells, just because we drafted him, but he's probably a year or two away.

Are Shaffer and Tucker equally likely and capable to move to RG? Just curious.

i really dont think Sowells will get the job. your right, it probably wont happen this year, so McKinney will probably get the spot. its still to hard to tell before the pads go on. BUT, there's been a alot of talks about how Matua is progressing, and last season there was some raves about Smith. worst case scenario, we finally have good depth at the interior line. 3 of them being young guys who could all eventully turn into starters for someone.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
07-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Any word on how Brady Quinn's doing out of Browns camp?

j05son
07-03-2007, 01:05 AM
I heard he was doing what they expected of him.

I've heard Anderson's throws looked the best.

Brady has been said to be the last one off the field, studying the playbook extensively even missing the Cavs playoffs games to do so. He's been lifting with the lineman [I don't have a source for this, just rumored] since he is very much in shape...Word on him has been good, but not #1 on depth chart good..

JSimmsy21
07-04-2007, 10:15 PM
I heard he was doing what they expected of him.

I've heard Anderson's throws looked the best.

Brady has been said to be the last one off the field, studying the playbook extensively even missing the Cavs playoffs games to do so. He's been lifting with the lineman [I don't have a source for this, just rumored] since he is very much in shape...Word on him has been good, but not #1 on depth chart good..

i've read (tho i cant remember where) that frye is still starring down all his receivers. even tho the offense is design for a more mobile QB such as himself and brady. it wouldnt bother me any if DA started game 1. he did do better against the tougher defenses of Pittsburgh and Baltimore than Frye did. i just wish that DA could do play action better.

also, if bentley comes back, Lewis better have a damn good year. and whoever is QB wont have the excuse of not have enough time to throw the ball.

keylime_5
07-07-2007, 03:37 PM
I fully expect Anderson to start the season as our QB but he'll eventually get benched for Frye and later Quinn due to lack of offensive firepower. Hope that's wrong, but based on how those 2 played last year it won't be 6 weeks tops before we see Quinn as our full time QB. I think Lewis has the oppurtunity to have a great year this year ala Stephen Davis in 2003 at Carolina. Good, deep line, good WRs, good offensive system, and at probably 330 carries or so.

Shere Khan
07-07-2007, 04:26 PM

rofl

First, you think those plain-jane ass helmets are the best in the league, and then you think the NON-MATCHING gray facemasks are better?

I actually liked when your team wore white facemasks and actually mixed up their uni combo's.

Now they're just boring, trying to relive some past glory days that will never ever be rekindled.

RoyHall#1
07-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Shere Khan, your sig quote is stupid, we didn't win a game in our division last year yet we didn't pick 1st. And we have had one of the better offseasons around the league, you want to argue with that?

JoeMontainya
07-09-2007, 11:34 AM
rofl

First, you think those plain-jane ass helmets are the best in the league, and then you think the NON-MATCHING gray facemasks are better?

I actually liked when your team wore white facemasks and actually mixed up their uni combo's.

Now they're just boring, trying to relive some past glory days that will never ever be rekindled.

Ya about that sig......Every team in our division took a step back this year, no matter how small, and we took a huge leap forward with our upgrades. We had the 4rth overall pick this year and next year we shouldnt be that low, but after all this improving, you honestly think we will be 3 spots lower? Show alittle football knowledge, even if you dont like the Browns, because...well.......thats the mature thing to do.

PS I hate when Bengals fans talk smack as if there franchise is even remotly on the level of the Browns over the history of the NFL, they just get so cocky after 2 winning seasons, prolly even the first in their career.

keylime_5
07-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Does mr. tigerlilly understand that gray is a neutral color that matches with anything? What do they teach kids in schools these days, and why do all the secondary and poor schools drop the arts?

And the Browns are certainly on the way back. All these guys will be very good young players and starters in 2008:
Brady Quinn
Braylon Edwards
Kellen Winslow
Joe Thomas
Eric Steinbach
LeCharles Bentley?
Kamerion Wimbley
Leon Williams
D'Qwell Jackson
Eric Wright
Leigh Bodden
Sean Jones
Brodney Pool
Joshua Cribbs
Every one of those guys has pro bowl potential all over them.
Add to that a free agent signing or 2 next spring (M.Turner?) and a couple first day draft picks and you see the scary youth/talent movement going on in Cleveland has our future very very bright.

The Browns are coming back soon at the expense of Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincy.

Hail Browns
07-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Does mr. tigerlilly understand that gray is a neutral color that matches with anything? What do they teach kids in schools these days, and why do all the secondary and poor schools drop the arts?

And the Browns are certainly on the way back. All these guys will be very good young players and starters in 2008:
Brady Quinn
Braylon Edwards
Kellen Winslow
Joe Thomas
Eric Steinbach
LeCharles Bentley?
Kamerion Wimbley
Leon Williams
D'Qwell Jackson
Eric Wright
Leigh Bodden
Sean Jones
Brodney Pool
Joshua Cribbs
Every one of those guys has pro bowl potential all over them.
Add to that a free agent signing or 2 next spring (M.Turner?) and a couple first day draft picks and you see the scary youth/talent movement going on in Cleveland has our future very very bright.

The Browns are coming back soon at the expense of Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincy.

Amen to that! We're definitely moving forward. I just hope we can keep going that way. I think aside from the d-line, we really aren't that many players away from being respectable.

keylime_5
07-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Old Phil's been taking it one unit at a time. Unfortunately he's built up every position for the long term except at RB and DL. You gotta think those 2 are next. In 2008 we should grab Turner in FA, or trade something for a back like L.Johnson or J.Jones, though I find the latter highly unlikely considering we don't have a 1st. If we don't find anything better than Jamal Lewis in FA next spring then I fully expect a guy like James Davis (clemson), Felix Jones (arkansas), or the like in RD2 next year. There should be plenty of DTs and DEs available in FA and the draft next year to stock us up. Hopefully we can have a respectable 2007 though and win more than 6 games for a change.

BrownsTown
07-09-2007, 10:41 PM
BrownsTown returns!

My thoughts on the offseason (I've been gone for 3 months so I have a reason to post this, making the response akward as everyone already knows this stuff and wouldn't care if they didn't)

Jamal Lewis sucks.

Yay for Steinbach! I'm loving the focus on the Oline, finally.

Jamal Lewis is a pansy.

Brady Quinn is not the greatest addition, but I look at it like, if he doesn't do good, at least he'll inspire Frye and Anderson. But a 1st rounder next year is too much.

Jamal Lewis is a felon.

I'm glad to hear Bentley may be coming back. I hope he does, he deserves it.

Jamal Lewis is washed up.

All in all, the Offensive line may finally not suck! That's something. Possible 3rd place this year? Maybe? And the defense wasn't bad either so, not bad.

By the way, I didn't really like the Jamal Lewis thing.

BuckeyeDan17
07-10-2007, 12:59 AM
tell us how you REALLY feel about jamal brownstown :)

he's playing for the browns, i'll root for him.

JSimmsy21
07-10-2007, 08:59 AM
any way you look at it, he's better than droughns.

keylime_5
07-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Jamal Lewis is a jerk, but if he makes the Browns win games then I'm a fan. Same thing goes for Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow - If they weren't Browns I wouldn't like them, but since they are I love them.

Anyways, Jamal Lewis being healthy (at least he says he is finally) and running angry with a chip on his shoulder might make him the most underrated FA signing this offseason.

BrownsTown
07-10-2007, 04:22 PM
I'll stop hating him if he runs for 300 against the Ravens.

keylime_5
07-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah, that would be a nice way to pay them back. But honestly, if he got his 300 against a team like Pittsburgh or Cincy that would be almost as nice too.

JSimmsy21
07-11-2007, 10:46 AM
if he got 300 against any team, i'd be thrilled. i'd be happy with 296 too. as long as he beat his old record. i'm expecting 1300 yards from him either way.

BrownsTown
07-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Yeah, that would be a nice way to pay them back. But honestly, if he got his 300 against a team like Pittsburgh or Cincy that would be almost as nice too.

If it's not the Stillers or the Ratbirds, then it's gotta be 350.

Freddy G
07-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Not sure if anyone else has looked at our roster lately, but everyone has gotten bigger. I mean, all teams list guys a little heavier, i think....but just about everyone has gained weight.

Notables:
Sean Jones: was 216, now 225
K-Dub: was 245, now 260
D'Qwell: was 228, now 240
Ted: was 365, now 375 (i think it is closer to 400 though)
Fat Hank: was 300, now 315
Leon Williams: was 238, now 250 (though he was 244 at the combine)
Baba Osh: was 305, now 325

A couple these guys, mostly last years rookies, gained a lot of weight. Of course they are expected to gain, i just hope it is "good" weight (lean muscle).

BrownsTown
07-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I thought Jerome Harrison bulked up too.

Hines
07-12-2007, 11:48 AM
brodney pool is gonna start a free for you guys this year...sorry if it was already posted or u guys already knew that

BrownsTown
07-12-2007, 01:32 PM
brodney pool is gonna start a free for you guys this year...sorry if it was already posted or u guys already knew that

We pretty much expected Sean Jones and Brodney Pool to be the starters, yes.

JoeMontainya
07-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Im gonna state my opinion weather people agree or not. Brodney Poole is not a safety. He is a CB. And if he got a full season of practice at CB, he would be better than at safety. Im all for a healthy Baxter at FS and Poole at CB, but with Baxters contract and health, this wont happen. Poole is listed around 6'1 210 or 215 but on the field compared to others he looks about 5'10 190.

JSimmsy21
07-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Im gonna state my opinion weather people agree or not. Brodney Poole is not a safety. He is a CB. And if he got a full season of practice at CB, he would be better than at safety. Im all for a healthy Baxter at FS and Poole at CB, but with Baxters contract and health, this wont happen. Poole is listed around 6'1 210 or 215 but on the field compared to others he looks about 5'10 190.

i seen you post this about pool before( there's no "e"), but i dont understand why. he hasnt played corner since high school/early college. and when he was forced into the CB position last year, he said it was weird for him b/c he's so used to playing with his body facing the ball instead of running with a receiver. i'm not disagreeing with you, i just wondered how you come to this. i'm all for baxter at FS too, but i'd rather see Pool there. either way i'll be happy, we went from a depleted secondary to a rather crowded one. thats fine with me.

mcdlaxbonz13
07-14-2007, 10:45 PM
well i don't know about the rest of you but i really hope we start signing some of our rookies cough joe thomas, brady quinn, eric wright. before training camp starts.
i've heard rumors that thomas and quinn will hold out which would be a bad idea for quinn and well we just need joe on our oline so im hopping we get deals done soon

JSimmsy21
07-15-2007, 03:36 AM
well i don't know about the rest of you but i really hope we start signing some of our rookies cough joe thomas, brady quinn, eric wright. before training camp starts.
i've heard rumors that thomas and quinn will hold out which would be a bad idea for quinn and well we just need joe on our oline so im hopping we get deals done soon

phil always waits till the last few days. wimbley didnt sign until i think 4 or 5 days before camp last year. we're good.

keylime_5
07-15-2007, 05:07 PM

We're better off keeping Pool at FS though. He has the size and skill set to be a really good pro bowl caliber FS in the NFL. That's why we have guys like Wright and Bodden to play corner so our best option at FS can stay there. He would be a good CB if kept at that spot, but his potential at safety seems greater. I love the prospect of a Jones/Pool tandem if they both turn out to be as good as their potential is.

Hail Browns
07-16-2007, 12:35 PM
We're better off keeping Pool at FS though. He has the size and skill set to be a really good pro bowl caliber FS in the NFL. That's why we have guys like Wright and Bodden to play corner so our best option at FS can stay there. He would be a good CB if kept at that spot, but his potential at safety seems greater. I love the prospect of a Jones/Pool tandem if they both turn out to be as good as their potential is.

I like the idea that Pool can play FS or CB, but I would like him to just play FS. If both Pool and Jones were to reach their potential, you're talking about one of the better safety tandems in the NFL. I'm hoping that Pool shows up for us this year, and Jones just makes a little improvement over last season, even if he did do very well.

On another note, ClevelandBrowns.com has started doing evaluations of each position. I think they sound a bit too optimistic about some of the things, but if anyone's bored, it might be good to eat up some time.

And concerning our picks, I'm just hoping we get them all in camp on time. We haven't signed any of our picks yet, but I'm not terribly worried.

We did sign a WR named Maurice Mann the other day. A 2004 5th rounder out of Nevada drafted by the Bengals. Anyone know anything else about him?

keylime_5
07-21-2007, 09:06 PM
As I predicted, the next draft pick to sign is Mel Pucell. Four years according to the OBR. Steptoe should be next.

PoopSandwich
07-21-2007, 10:45 PM
As I predicted, the next draft pick to sign is Mel Pucell. Four years according to the OBR. Steptoe should be next.

You are good at predicting that crap and mock drafts I swear you have some inside info we don't have :)

PoopSandwich
07-21-2007, 10:48 PM

I gotta disagree with ya man, I think Pool is better set at FS...

SS - Jones
FS - Pool
CB - Bodden
CB - Wright
CB - Baxter/Holley

I LOVE that defensive backfield.

keylime_5
07-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Hopefully this can be our D-Backfield Sometime in the future:

LCB-Bodden
RCB-Wright
FS-Pool
SS-Jones
NB-McDonald

I love the McDonald kid (not the clown for the big mac place, the DB). I think he'll be a steal for us and become a solid #3 corner and probably end up starting somewhere in the future ala Roderick Hood. He can play CB, FS, and even a little PR.

And I was saying before the draft that Wright is a future pro bowler. I loved it when Phil took him.

keylime_5
07-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Brandon McDonald and Syndric Steptoe both signed today per the OBR. Right about that one two. Look for Eric Wright and Joe Thomas to sign a few days into training camp. Hopefully I'm wrong about Wright, I hope we get him in there right around the start of full squads. Quinn will probably hold out for at least a week into TC.

kalbears13
07-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Brandon McDonald and Syndric Steptoe both signed today per the OBR. Right about that one two. Look for Eric Wright and Joe Thomas to sign a few days into training camp. Hopefully I'm wrong about Wright, I hope we get him in there right around the start of full squads. Quinn will probably hold out for at least a week into TC.

Maybe your name is really Phil Savage and instead of going to the press first you go to NFLDC so you get rep bars.

mcdlaxbonz13
07-23-2007, 12:28 AM
espn reported contract talks between the browns and quinn have began again so maybe he signs sooner then keylime predicted

keylime_5
07-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I wish he would, but I've heard that after yesterday's contract talks between Condon and the Browns, no progress has been made. I sure hope he suprises and signs by camp.

Hines
07-23-2007, 11:10 AM
i thought thomas was gonna hold out along with quinn

Cashmoney
07-23-2007, 01:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2946356

sounds like bentley is ready to go for you guys this year. im glad for him. seems like he went through a lot and that he's a genuinely good guy whos passionate about the game. if you guys get joe thomas in TC early enough you guys should have a pretty solid o-line.

Hines
07-23-2007, 01:25 PM

sounds like bentley is ready to go for you guys this year. im glad for him. seems like he went through a lot and that he's a genuinely good guy whos passionate about the game. if you guys get joe thomas in TC early enough you guys should have a pretty solid o-line.

well i dont think that bently will be in game shape for a while..he may have gotten cleared but that doesnt mean that hes in shape

JSimmsy21
07-23-2007, 08:59 PM

the o-line should be pretty devastating. we have way to much money invested in it for it to be less than amazing.

well i dont think that bently will be in game shape for a while..he may have gotten cleared but that doesnt mean that hes in shape

your 100% right. but its been made clear that when bentley clears our team physical he'll be taking it slow for a few weeks. i'm sure a few weeks really means half way threw preseason before he takes full amount of reps. nonetheless, we actually have the makings of a good/great o-line, and one with good depth.

keylime_5
07-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Actually Bentley has been rehabbing so it's not like he's completely out of shape and needs weeks to get his body where it should be. But still he will need time to get into full shape, but his knee is definitely getting stronger if he has been working this month like he said he would. I know it was tender a little while ago and he said he'd slowly build his leg back up to get stronger. His relentless rehab and desire to play is what has gotten him to pass that physical.

As for the rookies, Wright probably won't sign until around the start of camp and he might hold out a little bit like I said previously, but since they have a little time to talk before camp starts I wouldn't be suprised if he did get signed soon enough leaving us with only the 2 first rounders to sign.

Iamcanadian
07-25-2007, 10:00 AM
I for one, am not too excited by Bentley's return just yet. Passing a physical can mean a lot of things. It can mean you cannot damage your knee anymore by playing, it can mean your knee is sound enough to play but not necessarily as sound as it was before you were injured. It can mean you can play but you aren't going to be the same player you were before you were injured. Football is a very tough game and Bentley may be only a shadow of the player he was. TC and the exhibition season will give us some incite into his current talent level, until then, the odds are against him ever being the player he was.
Let's hope he can come back but like I said, I have to see a lot more before I get too excited.

keylime_5
07-25-2007, 07:12 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that Bentley will pass all his physicals. The only question is that if his knee is strong enough for him to play offensive line with pads and full speed and contact. I was skeptical that we'd see Bentley until at least week 7 since I thought we'd PUP him....But I'm a lot more optimistic now. I absolutely believe that Bentley will play this season though and that we'll see him for all of 2008. I think his comeback will be successful.

mcdlaxbonz13
07-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Thomas and Wright both signed, this makes me very happy.

keylime_5
07-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Hopefully we can get Quinn in during the next couple days. I don't think his holdout will be that lengthy afterall really.

As for Wright and Thomas, I think that they'll both be opening day starters vs. the Stoolers.

Freddy G
07-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Thomas will be starting (whether at RT or LT...too early to tell) i agree there. However, as much as Wright has impressed so far, i don't expect to see him starting until week 3-5. Romeo just doesn't like rookies. Remember, Sowells and Williams were impressive last year this time and Sowells never played and Williams got in because of injuries (and Mike Vick), so...

JSimmsy21
07-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Thomas will be starting (whether at RT or LT...too early to tell) i agree there. However, as much as Wright has impressed so far, i don't expect to see him starting until week 3-5. Romeo just doesn't like rookies. Remember, Sowells and Williams were impressive last year this time and Sowells never played and Williams got in because of injuries (and Mike Vick), so...

Romeo is fair about the position battles. D'Qwell was a second rnd pick, and he started day one. whats going to determine if Wright starts or not is Baxter. if he comes back, then we have 4 starting caliber corners, assuming Holly continues his good progress he started making last year and that Wright doesn't turn into a bust. Bodden is a lock, but the other 3 are in battle. its all who out plays who, and i fully expect Wright to beat out Baxter and Holly and we end up re-negotiating Baxter's contract.

keylime, since you somehow(but greatly appreciated) know what is going on in Savage's head and on paper before everyone else knows, what do you think?

DChess
07-27-2007, 06:28 PM
anybody going to camp tomorrow morning

Freddy G
07-27-2007, 07:02 PM
K2 is passed his physical and is off the PUP. Supposedly Baxter can pass as well, but he will not have his physical until monday.

Things are looking up.

However, even if Baxter passes, i only expect him to be a shadow of his former self and probably be relegated to safety and/or nickel packages. Not saying that as a bad thing because his experience is what will really help us, and the fact that he is able to even step on a field is a miracle in its own right.

mcdlaxbonz13
07-27-2007, 11:56 PM
im surprised quinns contract has taken this long, because his agent should realize that he isn't the first quarterback to fall that far, look no further then 3 years ago when aaron rodgers feel to the packers. If i was savage i would have told quinns agent that he is only getting what rodgers got, maybe a little bit more

keylime_5
07-28-2007, 09:59 AM
I think Quinn gets signed sometime this week. The holdout won't be that long.

As far as QBs who are in camp go, this morning in 11-on-11s, Charlie Frye supposedly looked better than Anderson, or at least he didn't looked as terrible as Anderson. I think that the fact that Frye has more experience, and didn't do any worse than Anderson last year, along with the fact that Frye actually played pretty well against the Steelers will give Frye the starting job after TC.

j05son
07-29-2007, 07:54 PM
I stopped that official Browns media thread I had going once I realized it was against the TOS/rules...

So for those of you who don't read the Plain Dealer.

K2 participated in full contact drills. He is said to be looking very nice, but as a precautionary measure, he will only do one of the two a days with a full day off now and then.

K2 also fired controversial agent(s) Poston(s) and hired a new controversial agent, Drew Rosenhaus. Yes, the same Drew that is TO's agent, who is a fan of restructuring contracts, and is an agent for 15 U members. Winslow said he feels more comfortable with Drew and Drew's connection with the U and being located in South Florida. The Plain Dealer had an anonymous source that said the Browns like Drew more than the Postons.....

Anderson took the reps at QB with the first team yesterday, throwing a pick to Pool before setteling down. Was said to have a nice throw to Edwards and winslow [i think]. Frye was picked off by Bodden and was said to have nice throws to Cribbs and Wilson. Also, talks with Condon [Quinns' agent] has been up and the Browns are hoping to have him in by next week. Crennel was quoted as something like "Brady has a playbook but is already falling behind. He isn't taking snaps under center, feeling the blitz, looking for the recievers..."

Some expert talk from the plain dealer says that we, the fans, shouldn't be surprised if Ken Dorsey is on the roster as a QB. They also mention about how Condon was Leinart's agent and ML and BQ are in similar situations and Matt held out to Week 1 of preseason.

I would guess whoever doesn't win the starter job, Anderson/Frye, will be traded and the 3 QB's will be Anderson/Frye, Quinn, Dorsey.

I almost forgot: Also in the Plain Dealer, in the TC open to the public, Chud showed some trickery with a fake reverse Cribbs pass that was said to be a bullet.

So with 4 capable QB's, and an ex-college QB ie emergency type, we potentially have 5QB's and I would bet on a trade of Frye or Anderson to help cap room, etc....

I personally think Frye has more [trade] value than DA.

edit: Thomas starting repping with the first team at LEFT TACKLE, and Shaffar was at the RT spot. They didn't say who was at RG; it's been McKinney but I don't know if they tried Tucker there yet or not...

and again i edit: Lewis was said to awe the fans with his inside running rampage game....Granthom was asked about his defensive lineman and he said they provide him with shade.....LAWLZ

JoeMontainya
07-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Anyone lovin what Charles Ali has been acomplishing at TC etc...?

I heard he is running people over and has shown very good hands. On the flip side not one word is being mentioned about Vickers?

Interesting to see Thomas allready at LT, but very glad Shaffer is at RT. Hope to see Tucker at RG until Bentley or Fraley get an opportunity to take it away from him.

Great to hear Buck Ortega catching the ball so well and learning the offense possibly better than anyone at this point.

Also there was a great article on the Browns webpage 7-29-07 about Lewis, Harrison, and Andra Davis. Sounds like Harrison has some good size to him this year compared to last and is ready to make an impact.

Im really loving Braylons new attitude and he is easily gaining respect from many Browns fans.

Eric Wright makes me smile every time I think we only had to use a 2nd RD pick on a top 15 talent.

mcdlaxbonz13
07-30-2007, 08:28 PM
well now that baxter is back and has a chance to be ready for opening day, our CB position went from being a weak point to a strong point in my eyes.

Depth chart assuming Baxter is back to full health like he believes he will be

1. Bodden
2. Baxter
3. Wright(Eric)
4. Holly
5. Wright(kenny)
6. Minter

I can't remember if the other DB we selected is going to play corner or saftey but that depth chart looks preety good to me

keylime_5
07-30-2007, 09:03 PM
I think we're gonna keep 6 CBs this year, 10 DBs altogether, meaning we keep 6 DLinemen and 9 Linebackers. Baxter and McDonald both can play CB and Safety. Here's who I say are the favorites to be those 6 so far:
1-Bodden
2-E.Wright
3-Baxter
4-K.Wright
5-Holly
6-McDonald

Minter is hurt and McDonald looks great out there, not to mention he can be the #2 punt returner on the depth chart....it's not looking good for DeMario's roster spot.

mcdlaxbonz13
07-30-2007, 11:52 PM
i didn't realize minter was still hurt,

keylime_5
07-31-2007, 10:35 AM
I know he had a boot on at the start of TC, but I think he might be back now, not sure. Still, it'll be harder for him to make the team I think nonetheless.

mcdlaxbonz13
07-31-2007, 07:46 PM
then yes i would replace mcdonald for minter on my depth chart.

keylime_5
08-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Apparently the RBs, OLine, Linebackers, DBs, and TEs have all looked great in camp so far. Hearing rave reviews about the O-Line, Jamal Lewis, and Kellen Winslow in particular. Eric Wright is working with the first team already and is pretty good. Things I like to hear. Although the QBs apparently are said to look really bad, the D-Line doesn't look that great, and the WRs are inconsistent and not really looking too good. (though I have faith that the WRs will come around by the season, especially Edwards/Jurevicius/Carter who we will be using the most).

mcdlaxbonz13
08-01-2007, 01:31 PM
i hope to see good things out of wilson, because out of all our draft picks last year i think he has to most to prove.

Freddy G
08-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Well, i am pretty sure we all expected (or at least i did) the DL to really suck this season. If you notice the roster, they all gained 10-15 lbs...looks like they are just going to try and occupy space this year.

As for the QBs, blahhh, didn't expect a whole lot, but i have confidence that if somebody can get the scheme, he will be decent with an improved OL and run game. Of course, that's IF...

JSimmsy21
08-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Well, i am pretty sure we all expected (or at least i did) the DL to really suck this season. If you notice the roster, they all gained 10-15 lbs...looks like they are just going to try and occupy space this year.

As for the QBs, blahhh, didn't expect a whole lot, but i have confidence that if somebody can get the scheme, he will be decent with an improved OL and run game. Of course, that's IF...

well if they take up space, then they are doing more than they did last year.

pocketaces
08-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Heres a article about your golden boy by Peter King.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/07/31/quinn/index.html?section=si_latest

Oh, and BTW thanks for the top 5 pick next year.

j05son
08-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Heres a article about your golden boy by Peter King.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/07/31/quinn/index.html?section=si_latest

Oh, and BTW thanks for the top 5 pick next year.

Eat this...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7071940

Save your "i hate Brady since he is much better off that me" ********...

pocketaces
08-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Eat this...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7071940

Save your "i hate Brady since he is much better off that me" ********...

LOL I dont't hate Brady! I love brady. Nobody thought he was just sitting around eating cookies but hes sure not learning the offense or fitting in with the guys either. I hope brady has a great season....just not this year.

pocketaces
08-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Imagine if Cowboys drafted Quinn
I've made my feelings on the Brady Quinn Con Job quite clear. It ranks as the most genius move in Jerry's GM tenure. Sure, it's a short list, but still ...

It was a great move because the Cowboys were able to get a player who can contribute this season (Anthony Spencer) and should get a shot at a superstar with the Browns' probable top-five pick next year.

Not to mention the high probability that Quinn will be a prima-donna bust. There's no doubt about prima donna part. The bust part is my opinion, based primarily on his poor showings against good defenses at Notre Dame.

Oh, and how do you think Tony Romo would feel about a rookie holding out for a huge contract while he played for a relative pittance (by starting QB standards)? Ya reckon that might cause some friction between Romo and the franchise? Would it maybe be a minor distraction if the backup QB's holdout was the biggest story of training camp?

The Cowboys don't have to deal with any of that, because Jerry was actually thinking clearly on draft day. And they get to pump their fist after all 14 or so of the Browns' losses this season. Pretty sweet deal.

Posted by Tim MacMahon

Ruken
08-02-2007, 12:03 AM
hey buddy if u think we are gonna be top five pick you are wrong. people dont seem to realize how improved we are going to be this season. Go pick SI tomorrow were on the cover come to me then and complain you want to come here and talk talk football. Leave ur trash to the rest of u dallas bandwagon fans

P-L
08-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Brady Quinn and the Browns are still not close on a deal:

Negotiations with holdout quarterback Brady Quinn are going nowhere. The Browns said they'd negotiate all day, but Quinn's agent, Tom Condon, has been hard to reach. Quinn, who has missed the first six days of camp, remains in Arizona. The sticking points continue to be guaranteed money and the triggers for escalators in the contract. The holdout is 1 week old and shows no sign of ending soon.http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/118604432274120.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

PoopSandwich
08-02-2007, 11:02 AM

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/118604432274120.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

I hate Agents that won't negotiate... Where the hell does that take anything?

keylime_5
08-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Imagine if Cowboys drafted Quinn
I've made my feelings on the Brady Quinn Con Job quite clear. It ranks as the most genius move in Jerry's GM tenure. Sure, it's a short list, but still ...

It was a great move because the Cowboys were able to get a player who can contribute this season (Anthony Spencer) and should get a shot at a superstar with the Browns' probable top-five pick next year.

Not to mention the high probability that Quinn will be a prima-donna bust. There's no doubt about prima donna part. The bust part is my opinion, based primarily on his poor showings against good defenses at Notre Dame.

Oh, and how do you think Tony Romo would feel about a rookie holding out for a huge contract while he played for a relative pittance (by starting QB standards)? Ya reckon that might cause some friction between Romo and the franchise? Would it maybe be a minor distraction if the backup QB's holdout was the biggest story of training camp?

The Cowboys don't have to deal with any of that, because Jerry was actually thinking clearly on draft day. And they get to pump their fist after all 14 or so of the Browns' losses this season. Pretty sweet deal.

Posted by Tim MacMahon

The Browns had a sloppy season last year after going 6-10 with a terrible team, and stepped back to 4-12 with no running game, no offensive line, and no DBs. This year we have a great offensive line, a running game that will be vastly improved, and a great group of young DBs. The only real weaknesses are at QB, WR, and D-Line. We are gonna win somewhere between 6 and 8 games this year, and that should translate into a pick somewhere between 8 and 16. Top 5, I doubt it. Preseason power rankings take into account the previous season way too much. I mean, the Jets, Saints, and Titans were all supposed to have top 5 picks this year, and the Buccaneers, Redskins, and Falcons were all supposed to be picking in the 20s. This is the most talented the Browns have been since they returned (including 2002's playoff team). If we had a QB we'd be talking about contending for the playoffs, but since that's not the case we are talking about 6-8 wins. I don't think a team with LBs, DBs, and OLine, and running game the quality of the Browns' this year will be as bad as you're suggesting though.

j05son
08-03-2007, 03:30 AM

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/118604432274120.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

Yeah, I read that today.

I don't think the BQ holdout is as big as everyone is trying to make it out to be.

I like the approach that the Bengals did with Palmer by letting him sit behind Kitna, and what the Cards tried to do by sitting Leinart behind Warner. Yes, Anderson/Frye are in the same league as Warner or Kitna, but Brady sitting back behind one would probably be the best for the long run.

It seems like everyone thinks BQ is the savior and the Browns need him in there on snap one, game one. I don't see a rush [maybe I should since Crennel is on the hot seat and if we get rid of a great coach like him due to impatience from Cleveland's faithful it will be a great injustice].

keylime_5
08-03-2007, 04:51 PM
I think Quinn is dumb not getting into camp asap. The QB competition is ripe for the picking, and if he was in on time he'd probably be the starter by week 3 or 4. Instead he'll probably not start until midseason or later, or at least until Crennel is gone and/or we are out of playoff contension. What it sounds like from the media's reports is that Condon is being a royal pain in the @$$

Iamcanadian
08-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Unfortunately, football careers can be very short and your 1st contract is what you will be paid for the first 4 years. This could be a nasty negotiation if Quinn and his agent are determined to extract the maximum.

JoeMontainya
08-05-2007, 10:16 AM
In the eyes of 90% of NFL fans Brady QUinn was a top 5 pick. To say the Browns messed up by giving away a future pick that isnt going to be a top 5 pick IMO isnt a bad trade. Just because it was easy to do on Dallas part, doesnt make it a bad trade. Who cares if Quinn isnt in camp, hes a fast learner and he wasnt going to start the season anyways.

RoyHall#1
08-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I find this to not be that big of a deal. I want to see Derek Anderson more before we write him off. And trade Frye for some help elsewhere.

JoeMontainya
08-05-2007, 08:55 PM
I thought this would really be the year we could decide if Frye was the answer, but with this new complex offense we might have to suck it up and give him yet another year to prove himself.

keylime_5
08-06-2007, 06:34 PM
The mandatory depth chart is up, not that it really means much. Crennel said he has not named any starters at all for the season, or for the first preseason game for that matter. It consists of 0 suprises.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/chart.php

RoyHall#1
08-06-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm going to pull a keylime and predict that Brady will be in camp on Wednesday.

keylime_5
08-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah, Quinn signs. He'll certainly be in camp Wednesday.

j05son
08-09-2007, 07:42 PM
I think Condon and Savage truly didn't want Quinn in on time. They both refused to go to their respective cities to talk out something that [sources and savage confirmed] could have been a short face to face negation had they met in person, but had it drug out over .5mil [which each side easily gave in half way to meet] and an incentives package soon after Quinn was out of the race for starting QB.

He was given a playbook when most holdouts don't even have that luxury. There are still concerns over our offense and our line, and now Quinn can stand on the sidelines like Palmer/Leinart and let some pieces fall into place before he's under center.

Wille is out AT LEAST 6 weeks with a bulging disk in his back.

Our marquee free agent [Steinbach] this year is rehabbing his knee and is expected to be back by week 1.

Quinn received the start of his rookie hazing when he was forced to sing in front of the entire team. Even Kozar took some jabs at him [source: ESPN].

Joe don't be confused. We'll have 4QB's that should be on the roster at the start of this season. 3 will most likely be there at the end of this season. This is Frye's chance to prove himself. Cleveland, as loyal as we our, are also impatient. If Frye struggles early [assuming he even wins the role], you'll have an outcry to put in Anderson or Quinn. The fans won't let another disappointing campaign by our QB continue before they will force Lerner to put Quinn in. The reigns are Quinns, just when he gets them is what's in question. Anderson and Frye are just holding his place, sort of a Brees and Rivers situation. That's why Quinn was selected.

Lastly, I agree with your RoyHall#1. I would like to see more of Anderson as well. I think Anderson can be the semi solution for this year with Quinn behind him, and Dorsey who has the most veteran presence as the third and see what teams would be willing to give for Frye [who holds more value than DA does].

keylime_5
08-09-2007, 10:22 PM
I think Anderson is just an interception machine like he showed in Baltimore and Tampa Bay last year. Pittsburgh and Kansas City didn't really have much pass rush on us, so Anderson played un-bad in those games. Frye played just as well in the KC game before he left to injury, so that game's a wash as far as the CF/DA comparisons go. Neither is a good QB or gonna be a good QB, it is only a matter of 4 to 8 weeks before Quinn takes over for good. But as far as who I think should start week 1, I say Frye is the lesser of two evils, but subjectively I think Anderson has a 51/49 edge as far as starting opening day.

We're a better team when McGinest is out there on 1st and 2nd downs for us at OLB b/c of his run support, pass coverage, and experience/leadership at LOLB, but Peek is a better pass rusher with a high motor, so we won't lose much when Willie is out for however many weeks (it sounds like he is a threat to go on the IR and maybe retire eventually though, and we don't want that considering our lack of depth behind Wimbley and Peek). Steinbach is not to worry, he just banged his knee and is being held out for a couple weeks, he'll be back week 1 ready to clobber some Steeler.

kalbears13
08-10-2007, 12:07 AM
I think Anderson is just an interception machine like he showed in Baltimore and Tampa Bay last year. Pittsburgh and Kansas City didn't really have much pass rush on us, so Anderson played un-bad in those games. Frye played just as well in the KC game before he left to injury, so that game's a wash as far as the CF/DA comparisons go. Neither is a good QB or gonna be a good QB, it is only a matter of 4 to 8 weeks before Quinn takes over for good. But as far as who I think should start week 1, I say Frye is the lesser of two evils, but subjectively I think Anderson has a 51/49 edge as far as starting opening day.

We're a better team when McGinest is out there on 1st and 2nd downs for us at OLB b/c of his run support, pass coverage, and experience/leadership at LOLB, but Peek is a better pass rusher with a high motor, so we won't lose much when Willie is out for however many weeks (it sounds like he is a threat to go on the IR and maybe retire eventually though, and we don't want that considering our lack of depth behind Wimbley and Peek). Steinbach is not to worry, he just banged his knee and is being held out for a couple weeks, he'll be back week 1 ready to clobber some Steeler.

Willie is out for 6 weeks.

keylime_5
08-10-2007, 10:26 AM
They're gonna re-evuluate him in 6 weeks, so he could miss more or even be put on the I/R.

Iamcanadian
08-10-2007, 10:52 AM
They're gonna re-evuluate him in 6 weeks, so he could miss more or even be put on the I/R.

I think he is gone for awhile, too bad!!!

pocketaces
08-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Can the Browns get any more bush league?

Cleveland coach Romeo Crennel announced that he will determine the starting QB for the Browns' preseason opener by flipping a coin. It'll either be Charlie Frye or Derek Anderson, with big-money Brady Quinn slated for scrub time.

Maybe Jerry and Al Davis could flip a coin to determine who gets the first overall pick next year.

LMAO......

kalbears13
08-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Can the Browns get any more bush league?

Cleveland coach Romeo Crennel announced that he will determine the starting QB for the Browns' preseason opener by flipping a coin. It'll either be Charlie Frye or Derek Anderson, with big-money Brady Quinn slated for scrub time.

Maybe Jerry and Al Davis could flip a coin to determine who gets the first overall pick next year.

LMAO......

Well the last time we flipped a coin it came out good for us so maybe it will again.

RoyHall#1
08-10-2007, 06:57 PM

Well, we have a much better offensive line, and with good protection, I think most of us would agree that DA is better than Frye. And the Pittsburgh game makes me want to see more of Anderson. He was locked in that night.

keylime_5
08-10-2007, 08:46 PM
DA was alright against Pittsburgh last year, but he had no running game to support him and his receivers played crappy too. But the first time we played Pittsburgh Frye played better than Anderson vs PIT b/c he had been studying film for that game all summer and was very prepared for it. We should've won that game, but I guess the fact that it was home and not snowing did help him a little.

Iamcanadian
08-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Well, we have a much better offensive line, and with good protection, I think most of us would agree that DA is better than Frye. And the Pittsburgh game makes me want to see more of Anderson. He was locked in that night.

I have to agree with Keylime, DA is an interception waiting to happen. He threw a high % of interceptions in college and it has followed him into the pros. He's never going to be much of a NFL QB and I seriously doubt he beats out Frye to start the season.

RoyHall#1
08-12-2007, 01:47 PM
He was horrible last night... but Frye pretty much cost our team at least 10 points with his mistakes. DA had some bad throws, but I think he'll do a lot better in the rest of preseason.

j05son
08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Someone on ESPN said something along the line of; "When you have to flip a coin for one, you ain't got none."

Freddy G
08-13-2007, 09:34 AM
If Charlie would just think...i think he could be a capable starter. I pretty sure, as we saw, if he gets time he can make good decisions (expect for his first pass, lol) but the stupid mistakes (fumbles, time managment, trying to hard) are what kills him. He has the intaginbles, just needs to be coach up.

Like Bernie said though, his mistake to run with 12 sec. left won't happen again, that is just pre season (i hope).

On a side not, did anyone else find Bernie hilarious when he was ripping the chiefs offense. "Playbook from the dark ages" hahahahaha

Freddy G
08-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Also, i am diggin the D. Sure the DL still blows, but the linebackers did a great job against KC. Those 9 and 16 yard runs the ones allowed have me scared, but overall i was impressed.

The LB depth looks real good, and Leon Williams will be starting for D'Qwell (maybe Andra, but i doubt it) by the end of the season. And Wimbley/Peek/McMillan really looked good. Add in Mac and Thompson and the OLB depth is good.

DB depth played well, though it is hard to tell since the KC offense was "from the dark ages".

Anyway, my point is that if we could just get some decent DLmen, they don't even have to be great, just starting caliber. Our defense could* be great.

D-Unit
08-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Any news on Mel Purcell?

RoyHall#1
08-13-2007, 02:24 PM
He played. That's all I know. And if I knew more I wouldn't tell you because you raped me in our fantasy trade. Stupid flex position.

D-Unit
08-13-2007, 03:56 PM
He played. That's all I know. And if I knew more I wouldn't tell you because you raped me in our fantasy trade. Stupid flex position.
HAHA. Who knows who got the better of the trade right now... Don't blame me if you didn't know the rules though.

Freddy G
08-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Mel played with the threes. Made a nice play where he got some penetration and made the tackle, but otherwise didn't standout. I am sure he will get more PT as the pre season wears on...he has too much talent not to.

keylime_5
08-13-2007, 07:49 PM
I heard that Frye took all the snaps with the first team today in camp, and Quinn took all the snaps with the second team. Not good news for Derek Anderson who is a sure thing to get cut unless he lights it up in the next 3 preseason games. If he doesn't beat out Frye for the starting job he'll be looking for work with Frye/Quinn/Dorsey making the team.

j05son
08-13-2007, 09:22 PM
I heard that Frye took all the snaps with the first team today in camp, and Quinn took all the snaps with the second team. Not good news for Derek Anderson who is a sure thing to get cut unless he lights it up in the next 3 preseason games. If he doesn't beat out Frye for the starting job he'll be looking for work with Frye/Quinn/Dorsey making the team.

I agree.

I think Dorsey is a lock to make the team. Brady is our future, and we all know that. Brady's mentor that has been helping him the most; Ken Dorsey. Dorsey also knows Chud real well and the offense. That potentially leaves Anderson and Frye left for one spot, and I would doubt we keep 4 QB's on the roster. If we do, I would expect to only have 3 by week 6.

Also, Barclay...Anyone think he'll make the team? He's so explosive, that I think he can get the third RB position.

keylime_5
08-13-2007, 10:07 PM
It would be a pleasent suprise if Barclay makes the team, but it would take good efforts in the last 3 games by him consistently and bad play from Harrison to bump into the final 53.

kalbears13
08-14-2007, 12:10 AM

How sucky would that be...contention for the starting job but if you don't make it you get cut instead of being the 2nd or 3rd QB.

keylime_5
08-14-2007, 02:54 PM
On our team though it's an exception. Frye should be a #2 QB in this league and Anderson a #3. Dorsey is more valuable to us than Anderson though since we have Frye starting and Quinn preparing to start. Anderson is definitely expendable.

Freddy G
08-14-2007, 04:37 PM
I think we could get a 7th for Derek Anderson from a team looking for a back-up (Dallas, Tenn., Minny???)...better than nothing, or another piece of trash like Tim Carter.

Anyway, i agree that if Frye legitamtly wins the job, than Anderson is expendable as he would be in the way of Quinn. (wow, that was repetative of what you guys said, lol)

As for Barclay, he still has a long way to go to catch Harrison, but i could see us carrying 4 RBs if we only keep 4 WRs and 3 TEs because on spread formations K2 is essentially the 3 WR and whoever is the 4th WR is actually the 5th. Plus Barclay and Harrison can catch if we get in a jam. In all likelyhood though, Barclay will be on the practice squad.

I look for Matt Stewert to get canned once he is eligible for active roster. I see the LBs being (OLB) Mac, Peek, Wimbley, DMac (ILB) Davis, Jackson, Williams, Thompson and Unck on teams. Thompson is valuable on teams plus he is versatile in 3-4=shoe in.

Also, my money is on Ortega for as the 3rd TE, since Chud basically brought him in and he knows the system.

keylime_5
08-14-2007, 06:20 PM
I think we keep 3 RBs (Lewis, Wright, Harrison) a FB (Vickers), 5 WRs (Edwards, Jurevicius, Carter, Wilson, Cribbs), and 4 TEs (Winslow, Heiden, Dinkins, Krause). That way we can keep 9 offensive linemen and then have 25 offense, 25 defense, plus the K,P, and LS. 4 TEs in this year's offense instead of 2 FBs like in 2005 and 2006.

keylime_5
08-14-2007, 08:26 PM
On the OBR it says that in the team's scrimmage tonight Quinn looked great out there. If you want the whole story go on the LiveFeed link. I can't wait to see what Brady does to the Lions' backups this Saturday.

j05son
08-15-2007, 02:34 AM
This is my main question for Barclay. If he doesn't make the team, will he be placed on waivers and if he clears be sent to the scout/show/practice team.

I'm pretty positive that if we try to squeeze Barclay to the show team, he'll be eaten off of waivers like Philly did to Pitt on Hank Fraley.

He put up impressive numbers in Europe, and showed that he can be a dinomite returner and perhaps an emergency back.

I also wonder if they tried and/or trying Barclay out for the open PR position left vacant by Northcutt.

keylime_5
08-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Barclay apparently hasn't done well at PR in practice, I know he did fumble two times the other day in about 6 attempts. If Barclay clears waivers (and if he doesn't no big deal) then he'd for sure be practice squadded. He's only a 5-10/180 RB who has never had a touch against a 1st team NFL defense in his life.

JSimmsy21
08-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Barclay apparently hasn't done well at PR in practice, I know he did fumble two times the other day in about 6 attempts. If Barclay clears waivers (and if he doesn't no big deal) then he'd for sure be practice squadded. He's only a 5-10/180 RB who has never had a touch against a 1st team NFL defense in his life.

haha, the first thing i thought of was big ted-390lbs>Barclay-180lbs.

barlcay if fast, but so is harrison. we basically have two identical backs, but harrison is bigger, but not by much. and barclay might be faster.

keylime_5
08-18-2007, 09:34 AM
I think we'll run all over Detroit tonight as it is that Shaun Rodgers, Dewayne White, and Kalimba Edwards are all not playing, and without Rodgers last season teams ran all over the first team defense anyways. Imagine Harrison, Wright, and Barclay will do behind the first and second team lines (I heard both of those lines were gonna play a lot tonight) to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string Detroit lines.

pocketaces
08-18-2007, 09:44 PM
I think we'll run all over Detroit tonight as it is that Shaun Rodgers, Dewayne White, and Kalimba Edwards are all not playing, and without Rodgers last season teams ran all over the first team defense anyways. Imagine Harrison, Wright, and Barclay will do behind the first and second team lines (I heard both of those lines were gonna play a lot tonight) to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string Detroit lines.

Well it was a nice comeback, being down 23 going into the 4th. Im sure running all over those 3rd and 4th teamers will do wonders though. Oh and btw thanks again for the top 5 pick next year.

keylime_5
08-18-2007, 10:16 PM
The way I see it the Browns could and should finish higher than these teams (and there's more than 4 of them, so so much for that top 5 pick): Miami, Buffalo, Tennessee, Houston, Oakland, Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, Arizona, and maybe even NYG and/or Washington, and perhaps KC, Tampa, or Frisco.

Quinn looked great tonight huh? Would like to see him against the 1st/2nd stringers next week in Denver.

BrownsTown
08-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Was at the game, comments

- A guy buy the bridge was selling **** Pittsburgh T-Shirts, calling them "back to school clothes", priceless.

- Screw Chuck Norris jokes, I got Derek Anderson jokes

Derek Anderson can call a timeout...during halftime.

Derek Anderson once threw an interception on a running play.

Derek Anderson once got a Delay of game...after the game was over.

Derek Anderson once got called for a false start...when he wasn't in the game.

- Brady Quinn, just wow. If anyone, ANYONE thinks the fans might resent the holdout, they're dead wrong. The crowd was loving it. I can't remember having that much fun at a loss. He works through his progressions, they weren't open, goes for the easy underneath pass, or if he thinks he can get it to the coverage, he makes a great throw. Just a fantasic debut.

PeterWarrick9
08-18-2007, 11:02 PM
As a resident of Michigan, I was able to see the game through the Lions perspective and this game was the last minutes of a damn pre-season game but it was still exciting.

I might be a Notre Dame homer and Brady Quinn homer, but I thought he looked fine out there. He kept his eyes downfield and he looked comfortable in the pocket. He made an excellent play on his first touchdown, rolling to his right but still keeping his eyes in the end zone. He could of either threw the ball or ran. He bought some time and hit the Rec for the TD>

He did hit his checkdown quite abit but QB are told to take what the D gives you and he took advantage of it because Detroit left that part of the field wide ****** open.

pocketaces
08-19-2007, 08:02 AM
The way I see it the Browns could and should finish higher than these teams (and there's more than 4 of them, so so much for that top 5 pick): Miami, Buffalo, Tennessee, Houston, Oakland, Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, Arizona, and maybe even NYG and/or Washington, and perhaps KC, Tampa, or Frisco.

Quinn looked great tonight huh? Would like to see him against the 1st/2nd stringers next week in Denver.

HAHAHAHAHA So your as good as almost half the teams in the league huh? Thats homerism at its best. Look at your schedule and tell me how many wins will you have? I've got you down for 4. you?

jriles0522
08-19-2007, 10:27 AM
There is no doubt anderson played his way out of the job.

Next week, frye and quinn need to rotate with the ones and twos for the whole first half and maybe a bit of the third quarter too if they don't get enough work.

That's just the way it has to be. Frye and Anderson have been given plenty of opportunities to take the job, and they pissed them away. Now everyone knows that Quinn is probably just as, if not more capable than those two guys and needs to start now.

It's not that surprising either, Frye's a 3rd rounder from Akron, who is probably still getting this much of a shot at least in part tothe fact that he's a local boy.

Anderson's a 6th rounder from Oregon State.

Quinn, first rounder, Notre Dame. I know he has his weaknesses, and that he will struggle, but he's gotta be the guy. Yea prevent d, yea he checked it off, but why not give him a shot to show what he's got next week, he earned it.

keylime_5
08-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Anderson's last game as a Brown in this Saturday in Denver. I think he's looking for work after that barring injury to Quinn/Frye/Dorsey.

Freddy G
08-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Just go ahead and throw all the stats and 2 TDs Quinn threw out the window, no sense in dwelling on them since it was against guys who will be on the street during the regular season.

What we can take from this was Quinn's pocket presense and seeming control of the team. He looked like a real quaterback. As someone said, he kept his eyes down field and took advantage of the overly soft zone. Though, some of those balls weren't very good throws. Don't get too excited though, Charlie or Derek probably could have done just as well against the prevent.

Hopefully, this at least gets him some PT against decent competition next week, then we can really see what he's got.

At most this was confidence builder for him, which is good.

PoopSandwich
08-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Anderson's last game as a Brown in this Saturday in Denver. I think he's looking for work after that barring injury to Quinn/Frye/Dorsey.

I agree 100%

keylime_5
08-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Just go ahead and throw all the stats and 2 TDs Quinn threw out the window, no sense in dwelling on them since it was against guys who will be on the street during the regular season.

What we can take from this was Quinn's pocket presense and seeming control of the team. He looked like a real quaterback. As someone said, he kept his eyes down field and took advantage of the overly soft zone. Though, some of those balls weren't very good throws. Don't get too excited though, Charlie or Derek probably could have done just as well against the prevent.

Hopefully, this at least gets him some PT against decent competition next week, then we can really see what he's got.

At most this was confidence builder for him, which is good.

Well I don't think we should throw them out. Even against 3rd stringers I doubt Frye, Anderson, or any other rookie QB in the league right now would've done that well. Dorsey faced the same defense and didn't do nearly as well. Brady only threw 3 incomplete passes I think (plus a few spikes that counted against his completion pct.), and was dynamite on the short throws and threw great downfield balls that not only had terrific accuracy but great arm behind them. I think we'll see Brady starting for us before the bye week.

Freddy G
08-20-2007, 09:19 AM
I would expect him to starting around that time as well, but i am just saying, throwing checkdowns to your running back is a nice way to pad stats. And unless someone has raw game footage, we really don't know if those were the right decisions or not, hopefully he was taking what was given (as we all assume). I am just going to hold my annoiting sword until i see him against one's and two's...that's all.

Like i said though, stats or not, the best part of his performance was his composure in the pocket, command of the team, and the confidence boost.

JSimmsy21
08-20-2007, 11:53 AM
I would expect him to starting around that time as well, but i am just saying, throwing checkdowns to your running back is a nice way to pad stats. And unless someone has raw game footage, we really don't know if those were the right decisions or not, hopefully he was taking what was given (as we all assume). I am just going to hold my annoiting sword until i see him against one's and two's...that's all.

Like i said though, stats or not, the best part of his performance was his composure in the pocket, command of the team, and the confidence boost.

agreed. i'm also holding my tongue on how i think quinn will turn out. if crennel doesnt give him a ton of playing time against the 1's and 2's next week, it'd be a huge mistake.

my assumption right now would be, even tho he played against the 3 or 4th team defense, he also played with the 3 and 4 team offense. he good composure in the pocket, and a few good throw down field(which as of now, would be my only clue that he was actually looking downfield for a target) and overall was accurate and with good arm power.

keylime_5
08-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Hopefully Quinn can see some time against the 1s and 2s this Saturday and plenty of time in the 2nd half. But the real dip for Quinn will be during the 4th preseason game after we cut/trade Anderson in which Frye will only play a few series and then we'll probably see Quinn for some of the 1st qtr and all of the 2nd and 3rd qtrs.

jriles0522
08-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Regarding all of the short passes...those are the kind of throws it seems like frye and anderson would rather not make, and then it results in a turnover. at the chiefs preseason game, i remember seeing backs wide open, but frye and anderson forced the ball into coverage.

I was just watching NFL live and they did a piece on Peyton Mannings stats from the super bowl last year. They said he had 25 completions and something like 5-6 went to Wayne and Harrison combined. The rest he just dumped to the backs and to the TEs.

Just saying, don't overlook the fact that he took what they gave him and didn't force the ball downfield to try to impress the coaches.

mcdlaxbonz13
08-21-2007, 05:21 PM
anyone else notice that braylon has been throwing his body around alot this preseason. he has made several hard hit blocks then in the game against the lions went over the middle for a catch, all in all i think he looks back to 100% and is def. looking to have a breakout year

keylime_5
08-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Word is that Braylon has been walking the walk in camp and he did look real good against Detroit. Hopefully he can be a force week by week this year and get over 1000 yds. and be the big play receiver he's supposed to be. Considering he was a rookie in 2005 and that he was recovering from an ACL in 2006 and also had no O-Line, running game, or offensive identity or flow whatsoever going his way, he has no excuse to not breakout this year like I expect.

WarOnTheShore
08-21-2007, 06:20 PM
If Quinn wanted to be the starting quarterback, he shouldn't have held out. Simple as that. Still, though, I'm interested to see how he does against a real defense. I'm not sure Detroit brought any extra rushers at all and they were just sitting in zone the drive at the end of the game. I want to see how Quinn reacts after he get knocked on his ass.

JSimmsy21
08-21-2007, 10:14 PM
If Quinn wanted to be the starting quarterback, he shouldn't have held out. Simple as that. Still, though, I'm interested to see how he does against a real defense. I'm not sure Detroit brought any extra rushers at all and they were just sitting in zone the drive at the end of the game. I want to see how Quinn reacts after he get knocked on his ass.

well...Quinn wanted in, but if you were a potential top 9 pick, you would wont some incentives too. also, alot of the holdout had to do with Tom Condon's stupid a$$.

Detroit played the prevent defense in the last 2 drives for about 98% of the time. they were all sitting 15 yards down field waiting for a receiver. Quinn did get knocked the F*** out on one play, and i believe it was the pass over the middle that went for about 20 yards or so. he got right back up, did fine.

As far as BEasy goes, i pray he has a good season. I expect a 1000 yard season, but with all the QB crap going on, its not looking good for him. If he never gets the ball, he cant make plays. his only problems last year were his hands and his ego. he still had 860 yards. not bad for a second year wideout with no offense help. if his stats this year arnt that great b/c of the Qb play, i wouldnt be surprised, but if they are bad b/c he dropped everything, i'll be pissed off.

*edit*
Does anyone think that Antwan Peek may have gotten better after playing in the 4-3 and then going back to the 3-4?

he's done a very good job at getting to the QB in the first 2 games, and its all with the 1 and 2nd teams. he's done better against the run than he "supposedly" has been able too his first few years in the league. my thought i guess was that playing in the 4-3, even tho it was a back-up role, made him stronger at the point of attack since he started out right in front of the OL. Maybe he's gotten used to being in traffic and knows how to readjust quickly.

something i just thought about asked to see what everyone else thought of him.

mcdlaxbonz13
08-21-2007, 10:53 PM
your thought process does make sense, cause he has looked preety good during his playing time this preseason

Freddy G
08-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Regarding Be easy, ever notice his stats are nearly identical to Terrell Owens in his first couple seasons...and TO didn't **** up his knee.

TO (6'3 218)
35 rec 520 yards 4 TDs 14.8avg
60 rec 936 yards 8 TDs 15.3avg

Braylon (6'3 215)
32 rec 512 yards 3 TDs 16.0avg
61 rec 884 yards 6 TDs 14.5avg

Owens has a much more physical game and is slightly more of a headcase, but other than that, they are quite similar. Big, fast, play makers, with inconsistant hands.

keylime_5
08-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Braylon's hands are great, he justs loses concentration and doesn't look the ball into his hands every time, thus the drops. Same exact thing happens with Ted Ginn....Ginn has huge hands for a guy his size, and they are soft and like glue, but he doesn't look the catch in all the time. If Braylon and Ginn work on their concentration they will never drop a pass.

JoeMontainya
08-22-2007, 07:09 PM
TO learned under Jerry Rice with Steve Young as his original QB. Edwards worked under noone with noone as a QB.

JoeMontainya
08-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Word is that Braylon has been walking the walk in camp and he did look real good against Detroit. Hopefully he can be a force week by week this year and get over 1000 yds. and be the big play receiver he's supposed to be. Considering he was a rookie in 2005 and that he was recovering from an ACL in 2006 and also had no O-Line, running game, or offensive identity or flow whatsoever going his way, he has no excuse to not breakout this year like I expect.

Edwards is allready a big play guy. He just needs to drop less balls. Hes allready mature like we hoped he would be (or at least close enough that its not a knock on him anymore). He runs better routes etc....

He casught 900 yards and 6 TD's on the Browns last year. On a good team that would probably be 1,150 and 8-9 TD's which is very solid for a guy in his 2nd year and recovering from a knee injury.

The fact is, it is literally impossible for Edwards to have a great year this year with Frye or Anderson as a QB, same goes with Dorsey and Quinn until Quinn has more veteran status.

keylime_5
08-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Not necessariliy. If we had Marvin Harrison or Chad Johnson last year they would've gotten their 1000+ yds. and however many TDs. Good WRs can produce on bad teams with bad QBs and bad offensive lines with bad RBs (see Joey Galloway), but it certainly helps to have good versions of those things. I think that even with Charlie throwing to him he'll have a big 1200+yd. season with 8+ TDs and will have more 100 yd. games than last year. Jamal Lewis, a better line, and a good offensive scheme can do wonders for a guy like Edwards even with a below average Qb.

kalbears13
08-22-2007, 07:48 PM
So I just got NFL Network and will be watching it as much as possible. I finally get to watch the Browns play every game. Which brings me to my next question: How delayed are the NFL Network games?

keylime_5
08-22-2007, 09:42 PM
The Browns play @Denver Saturday at 9PM ET...NFLN reairs it Sunday at 2PM ET.

kalbears13
08-23-2007, 09:01 AM
The Browns play @Denver Saturday at 9PM ET...NFLN reairs it Sunday at 2PM ET.

Yeah I saw that but is it usually delayed a whole day during the regular season or is it longer?

Freddy G
08-23-2007, 09:20 AM
I guess i should have added this to my Be easy, To comparison. Hopefully, Edwards can produce over the next 8-9 years what Owens has (excluding the locker room cancer of course).

DChess
08-23-2007, 09:23 AM
i cant watch browns games :(

kalbears13
08-23-2007, 08:51 PM
i cant watch browns games :(

Are you blind or can you not take the losing?

BrownsTown
08-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Are you blind or can you not take the losing?

I have the same problem. Every time Derek Anderson drops back, I avert my eyes. Too painful to watch.

kalbears13
08-23-2007, 08:56 PM
I have the same problem. Every time Derek Anderson drops back, I avert my eyes. Too painful to watch.

Charlie Frye is a little bit better because he keeps you in suspense. Under pressure you don't know if he'll throw it right into the defender's hands or if he'll keep on dropping back and rolling out and then when he gets sacked...did he fumble the ball?

JoeMontainya
08-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Not necessariliy. If we had Marvin Harrison or Chad Johnson last year they would've gotten their 1000+ yds. and however many TDs. Good WRs can produce on bad teams with bad QBs and bad offensive lines with bad RBs (see Joey Galloway), but it certainly helps to have good versions of those things. I think that even with Charlie throwing to him he'll have a big 1200+yd. season with 8+ TDs and will have more 100 yd. games than last year. Jamal Lewis, a better line, and a good offensive scheme can do wonders for a guy like Edwards even with a below average Qb.

I just keep thinking Randy Moss in my head. Maybe we can blame that on cheap injuries but at least 50% of it is on the team he played for.

keylime_5
08-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Moss had a pretty good year his first season in Oakland if you remember. About 1000 yards despite not playing the full year from injuries, and I think 11 TDs or so on a crappy team with Kerry Collins taking snaps. Last year Oakland had one of the worst offenses ever, and Moss was hurt a lot, so that is an exception. In 2002 when Cincy was awful and CJohnson was still not in his prime, Johnson had a big 1000+ yd. year.

Freddy G
08-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Remember Antonio Bryant went for 1000 yds with Dilfer throwing to him, then again (iirc) in san fran with Alex Smith as a rookie, who was easily worse than anyone we got now.

DChess
08-24-2007, 07:44 PM
no i get pittsburgh games in WV

Freddy G
08-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Marshall Faulk has got us going 8-8...man is a genius!!!

JSimmsy21
08-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Marshall Faulk has got us going 8-8...man is a genius!!!

wow, he must be getting old. maybe he's coming down with a disease or something. maybe he knows something we don't.

Turtlepower
08-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Marshall Faulk can see the future. How else was he able to get into the endzone all of those times who gain so many total yards? You really think that he was just that good?

keylime_5
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Remember Antonio Bryant went for 1000 yds with Dilfer throwing to him, then again (iirc) in san fran with Alex Smith as a rookie, who was easily worse than anyone we got now.

Actually I think Bryant only got like 700 or 800 yards when he signed with Frisco. That was his last year in the league, no one wants him now.

keylime_5
08-24-2007, 08:49 PM
no i get pittsburgh games in WV

At least you get to watch them whoop us, I can't even do that down here in bumblescum city. I get the Panthers and maybe the Falcons, Dolphins, or any AFC East team.

JSimmsy21
08-26-2007, 10:16 AM
soo, i finally watched the first team play for more than 2 min, and i gotta say, the biggest thing that jumps out to me is how fat and lazy our D-Line looks.

it would be great if willie parker didnt run all over us in 2 weeks.

JoeMontainya
08-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Moss had a pretty good year his first season in Oakland if you remember. About 1000 yards despite not playing the full year from injuries, and I think 11 TDs or so on a crappy team with Kerry Collins taking snaps. Last year Oakland had one of the worst offenses ever, and Moss was hurt a lot, so that is an exception. In 2002 when Cincy was awful and CJohnson was still not in his prime, Johnson had a big 1000+ yd. year.

1005 yards and 8 TD's, PS Collins wasnt crappy at the time, just the OL was crappy and the running game.

JoeMontainya
08-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Actually I think Bryant only got like 700 or 800 yards when he signed with Frisco. That was his last year in the league, no one wants him now.

They dont want him because he was suspended by the league. His suspension is up after WK 3 of the regular season.
If he can pass a physical look for a struggling team to look into it.

DChess
08-26-2007, 04:42 PM
At least you get to watch them whoop us, I can't even do that down here in bumblescum city. I get the Panthers and maybe the Falcons, Dolphins, or any AFC East team.

yeah but those are neutral party's, i get pittsburgh games, ******* lame

tbraton
08-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Edwards is allready a big play guy. He just needs to drop less balls. Hes allready mature like we hoped he would be (or at least close enough that its not a knock on him anymore). He runs better routes etc....

He casught 900 yards and 6 TD's on the Browns last year. On a good team that would probably be 1,150 and 8-9 TD's which is very solid for a guy in his 2nd year and recovering from a knee injury.

The fact is, it is literally impossible for Edwards to have a great year this year with Frye or Anderson as a QB, same goes with Dorsey and Quinn until Quinn has more veteran status.

Winning football games will help BE's concentration for catching balls....it's hard to concentrate when the other team is b-slapping your team around (even when a close score)

keylime_5
08-27-2007, 03:06 PM
yeah but those are neutral party's, i get pittsburgh games, ******* lame

Still, Pittsburgh plays Cleveland twice a year, I get to watch them once a year if they play on NFL Network and maybe one more time on CBS or if they play Carolina or Atlanta.

Freddy G
08-30-2007, 03:43 PM
I assume eveyone knows Bentley was place on the pup list. This means he will not be available until at least week 7 (which i think is the bye?).

mcdlaxbonz13
08-30-2007, 09:57 PM
i wonder if baxter will be placed on pup eventually

tbraton
08-31-2007, 10:21 AM
i wonder if baxter will be placed on pup eventually

yes...............

Hi! O-HI-O for Cleveland
08-31-2007, 04:21 PM
yes...............

Nope... He already took part in team drills/workouts/practices ect. According to the rule he is not eligable to be placed on PUP. It is now down to a) making the team b) injury reserved or c) cut with and injury settlement.

I'm going with option c) because IMO he's been a worthless cry baby ever sense he got here. He was sitting out games for minor injuries before he was severely hurt, and he never performed at a level to warrant his contract. I say good riddance...

keylime_5
08-31-2007, 10:15 PM
No PUP for Baxter. Either we keep him aboard or we I/R him I think.

Hermstheman83
09-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Hey Guys, I got Braylon Edwards on my team. I remember that guy just killing people in College, but he hasn't exactly made it big in the NFL. What do you guys' expect of him this year?

JSimmsy21
09-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey Guys, I got Braylon Edwards on my team. I remember that guy just killing people in College, but he hasn't exactly made it big in the NFL. What do you guys' expect of him this year?

about 1000 yds and 6-8 td's. roughly 80 receptions.

keylime_5
09-02-2007, 09:18 PM
A lot of people are being kinda unfair in judging Braylon. He has dropped some passes, but he's also made a lot of spectacular, acrobatic catches. People should remember that he looked real good the middle of his rookie year, and had like 800+ yards in a stinky offense with no talent around him nor a QB or running game....all that in a year coming off an ACL tear months beforehand. I think this is 17's breakout season.

Freddy G
09-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Anybody think signing Tank Johnson is a good move?

He is 6'3 305 so he is big enough (not ideal, but good enough), though he really isn't the style DE we need, he could be really affective in the rotation and on passing downs getting some pressure, ala Jarvis Green. IMO, he actually has the physical tools to be a full time starter at DE, though it is not his style, he would need some coaching.

I don't think the character problems are that much of a concern really. All he had were some unliscenced guns. He isn't a locker room cancer and he has a good motor and all his teammates liked him.

Basically, even though he isn't the prototypical 34 lineman, he is better than anyone we got and better than everyone except Tommy Kelly (who should be resigned) in next years FA.

JSimmsy21
09-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Anybody think signing Tank Johnson is a good move?

He is 6'3 305 so he is big enough (not ideal, but good enough), though he really isn't the style DE we need, he could be really affective in the rotation and on passing downs getting some pressure, ala Jarvis Green. IMO, he actually has the physical tools to be a full time starter at DE, though it is not his style, he would need some coaching.

I don't think the character problems are that much of a concern really. All he had were some unliscenced guns. He isn't a locker room cancer and he has a good motor and all his teammates liked him.

Basically, even though he isn't the prototypical 34 lineman, he is better than anyone we got and better than everyone except Tommy Kelly (who should be resigned) in next years FA.

i dont want tank. honestly. i'm tired of average/below average players just to fill voids. we need upgrades.

question/thought for everyone. DA's contract is up after this season, i do believe, and he's a restricted free agent. so unless i'm wrong about his contract, what does everyone think, if he keeps playing like his does, we could get for compensation for him? i'm sure savage will send him packing after the season since he trades everybody.

Freddy G
09-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Tank is actually a pretty good player. I wouldn't say he is great, but he is certainly above average, which is better than what we got.

I'm sure Phil will try and get all he can for Anderson, but i don't see Anderson tearing defenses new ones every week.

tbraton
09-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Tank is actually a pretty good player. I wouldn't say he is great, but he is certainly above average, which is better than what we got.

I'm sure Phil will try and get all he can for Anderson, but i don't see Anderson tearing defenses new ones every week.

DA reminds me of Kelly Holcomb..........

j05son
09-18-2007, 05:55 PM

I agree. Tank is a good player with a bad reputation. I wouldn't mind trying him as an end... Lastly, Anderson's value didn't shoot up after one game. He has to repeat himself. We'll probably mid-level tag him when he enters his RFA period...

j05son
09-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Tank signed with the Cowboys...ESPN is reporting he will start learning the NT position while serving his suspension...

JoeMontainya
09-18-2007, 08:55 PM
I think our OL pass protection is amazing this year.

When Charlie Frye left the game after 18 minutes of play he was sacked 5 times. The rest of the game Anderson was sacked only once. In our second game the OL did not allow a sack.

It is clear that those sacks were Charlies fault.

I would also like to add that if Brady started that Bengals game, he would have thrown at least 6 TD's and his confidence would be huge right now....

Dont annoint Anderson anything or even be satisfied with him yet, remember Kelly Holcombe did the exact same thing acouple years ago when stepping in for the first time.

However I dont think we should rush Quinn so I dont know....

mcdlaxbonz13
09-19-2007, 04:19 PM
well looks like we signed mr. player(always liked his last name) doesn't really mean a whole lot but we did it

Freddy G
09-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Dude has the coolest face mask in the NFL....

mcdlaxbonz13
10-02-2007, 09:27 AM
well tucker is no longer suspended do u think we keep him on the team or not

Freddy G
10-02-2007, 11:43 AM
McKinney to C and Tucker to RG...then maybe we can get a push up the middle. Fat Hank tries, but he is only good for occupying his man, no push and not very good pulling. IMO he sticks out as easily the worse piece of our line.

Whatever the case maybe, at least we will finally have some depth. If anybody gets canned it should/will be Friedman. Tucker can back up LG (and RG, RT as well)

snazel
10-02-2007, 03:27 PM
McKinney to C and Tucker to RG...then maybe we can get a push up the middle. Fat Hank tries, but he is only good for occupying his man, no push and not very good pulling. IMO he sticks out as easily the worse piece of our line.

Whatever the case maybe, at least we will finally have some depth. If anybody gets canned it should/will be Friedman. Tucker can back up LG (and RG, RT as well)

Couldn't disagree with you more. I think Fraley is actually having a great year.To my eyes, he's proving to be really good in his pulling and zone blocking techniques. I'm surprised because last season I thought he was a just a fat hog that couldn't move but I've actually been impressed with his mobility out there and just how many times I've seen him downfield on long runs and just flat out hustling. No way am I removing Hank Fraley of his duties at Center. He's arguably our hardest worker on the oline and perhaps just as important is that he is the true LEADER of our offensive line. He was voted a team Captain (not oline captain) and has been making the right reads at the los. On top of that, should LCB come back this season, I STILL wouldn't put him at C over Fraley. I'd throw him at RG. In any case, I hate the idea of demoting Fraley for McKinney. On top of that, why even move McKinney? Sure, he's played C in his college days and for one season at Miami, but there will no doubt be a learning curve for him there since its been so long that he's played Center. I think shuffling guys around will ruin the chemistry more than slotting in a veteran like Tucker.
As far as Friedman, I'd actually like to keep him around ; I don't see them letting him go because he's essentially our only swingman on the interior who can play Center. I think it comes down to either Butler / Sowells if they decide to cut someone. I think Dorsey is the worst Tackle on the team, but for SOME REASON Romeo keeps him activated during gameday over Butler. I think Butler is the better RT - the only logic I see from Romeo in activating Dorsey over Butler is that Dorsey has more LT experience ; Should something happen to JT, instead of swapping Shaffer to LT and bringing in a better RT like Butler, they'd rather just plug in Dorsey and keep everyone at their respective positions.

j05son
10-02-2007, 03:31 PM
well tucker is no longer suspended do u think we keep him on the team or not

We still have a week to let him practice with us before we make a decision to place him on the roster and cut someone or release Tucker.

Remember, Bentley is expected to return soon from the PUP...

Baxter is drawing closer to returning from his knee element.

I say both Bentley and Tucker will be on the roster.

We would have to cut 2 players, I'll say Charles Ali will be one. The other, I think may be Lennie Friedman. Possible candidates are Scott Player [when Zastidil comes back], Mike Adams [with the emergence of GB at Safety], or Griffen/McMillian [Special Team LBers] but I'd be surprised if Griffen/McMillian/Adams see the ax. I don't think Player will be the odd man out just yet.

My prediction, Bentley and Tucker in, Friedman and Ali out.

j05son
10-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Couldn't disagree with you more. I think Fraley is actually having a great year.To my eyes, he's proving to be really good in his pulling and zone blocking techniques. I'm surprised because last season I thought he was a just a fat hog that couldn't move but I've actually been impressed with his mobility out there and just how many times I've seen him downfield on long runs and just flat out hustling. No way am I removing Hank Fraley of his duties at Center. He's arguably our hardest worker on the oline and perhaps just as important is that he is the true LEADER of our offensive line. He was voted a team Captain (not oline captain) and has been making the right reads at the los. On top of that, should LCB come back this season, I STILL wouldn't put him at C over Fraley. I'd throw him at RG. In any case, I hate the idea of demoting Fraley for McKinney. On top of that, why even move McKinney? Sure, he's played C in his college days and for one season at Miami, but there will no doubt be a learning curve for him there since its been so long that he's played Center. I think shuffling guys around will ruin the chemistry more than slotting in a veteran like Tucker.
As far as Friedman, I'd actually like to keep him around ; I don't see them letting him go because he's essentially our only swingman on the interior who can play Center. I think it comes down to either Butler / Sowells if they decide to cut someone. I think Dorsey is the worst Tackle on the team, but for SOME REASON Romeo keeps him activated during gameday over Butler. I think Butler is the better RT - the only logic I see from Romeo in activating Dorsey over Butler is that Dorsey has more LT experience ; Should something happen to JT, instead of swapping Shaffer to LT and bringing in a better RT like Butler, they'd rather just plug in Dorsey and keep everyone at their respective positions.

I agree with mostly everything. I think Fraley is playing great at Center. I think Bentley's talent, paycheck, and desire to comeback will warrant him a spot on our team, and Tucker is a good player without any ailing elements [example, last season] and will probably make Savage's and Crennel's roster...

I think the odd man out will be Friedman because we are getting stacked on interrior lineman. His value is increased because he can swing and I don't think the organization is ready to give on on sowells.

At least one O-lineman will be cut. Dorsey, Butler, or Friedman.

Freddy G
10-02-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm not sure if we are watching the same games, but from what i see, Fraley cannot get a consistant push, nor does he pull that often, we normally pull the OGs. Sure does do a good job getting downfield, and i love his motor and all, but how often does he actually make a meaningful block downfield? I can't think of one of the top of my head.

Fraley may be fine for now, but for this unit to take the next step, he will need to be up graded....he is holding us back. Whhhiiich brings me to my next point, Seth McKinney is playing really well. He gets a push and shows some solid mobility.

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't make the move right away, and fact is your right, it probably will not happen unless the OL really starts sucking. This is just more of what I would do....

Ideally, LeChuck comes back half way decent and he can take one of the slots and McKinney gets the other, leaving Tucker and Hank for depth.

JSimmsy21
10-05-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm not sure if we are watching the same games, but from what i see, Fraley cannot get a consistant push, nor does he pull that often, we normally pull the OGs. Sure does do a good job getting downfield, and i love his motor and all, but how often does he actually make a meaningful block downfield? I can't think of one of the top of my head.

Fraley may be fine for now, but for this unit to take the next step, he will need to be up graded....he is holding us back. Whhhiiich brings me to my next point, Seth McKinney is playing really well. He gets a push and shows some solid mobility.

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't make the move right away, and fact is your right, it probably will not happen unless the OL really starts sucking. This is just more of what I would do....

Ideally, LeChuck comes back half way decent and he can take one of the slots and McKinney gets the other, leaving Tucker and Hank for depth.

i actually think McKinney is our weak link. remember the start of the Oakland game, i believe it was, he had 2 false starts in a row. to the best of my knowledge, fraley hasn't had a false start yet.

and remember, fraley might not be moving anybody down field, but he is blocking people like casey hampton, Ngata, and even warren. all of whom are not small. if he's taking on those d linemen one on one, then he's doing his job.

keylime_5
10-05-2007, 09:44 AM
If McKinney is a weak link for us, then we are in good shape. Seth has been great this year, I love his play as well as the other 4 guys'. Steinbach, Thomas, and Fraley have been the best, but McKinney and Shaffer have done a terrific job too. It only gets better with Ryan Tucker returning this week and LeCharles Bentley returning (from what I hear he WILL play this year) in about 3-6 weeks. The OLine is the strength of this team.

j05son
10-05-2007, 05:55 PM
If McKinney is a weak link for us, then we are in good shape. Seth has been great this year, I love his play as well as the other 4 guys'. Steinbach, Thomas, and Fraley have been the best, but McKinney and Shaffer have done a terrific job too. It only gets better with Ryan Tucker returning this week and LeCharles Bentley returning (from what I hear he WILL play this year) in about 3-6 weeks. The OLine is the strength of this team.

I think McKinney did have some stupid early penalties against Oakland, and I would also agree that he is the weakest link. I would also agree that if he is the weakest link it just goes to sow how much talent is on this offensive line. Tucker will make the team. Everything I've heard is that LCB will play this year. Our line went from one of the worst in the league [talent wise] to one of the best [talent wise] and we are also creating a mixture of youth and experience along with a deep bench.

Thomas, Shaffer, Tucker, Steinbach, McKinney, Bentley, Fraley could all be starters elsewhere.

So far this season, our offensive line has "allowed" 7 sacks. I used allowed loosely since Frye has SOME blame. Against Pitt, we started a rookie LT, a LG that didn't play in most of the preseason or practices leading up to September 9th and an overall new offensive line [3 of the 5 starters] who rarely had all 5 of them together practicing. We went against a blitz happy team and although we did alright we did get burned a few times [Shaffer's slip/fall/getting owned as an example].

Seriously, if we keep this core of offensive lineman and let them create chemistry together, we will have a DOMINANT offensive line.

P.S. I tried looking up stats for offensive lineman but I didn't find any. I would be interested in how many pancakes and sacks allowed each player has. Who has been false starting and holding. If anyone knows where they keep track of this

snazel
10-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Tucker has been activated...Butler has been waived....not too surprising.

Freddy G
10-06-2007, 03:54 PM
that works, i can live with it.

Freddy G
10-07-2007, 07:54 PM
You folks watch Fraley today? Definitely needs be upgraded for us to take the next step. I aknowledge that he went against a good NT in Wilfork, but Wilfork looked like superman out there, he had his way with Fraley....and the both OGs really.

Yeah, we really need LCB on the interior of this line assuming he regains at least 80% form. His 80 is better than Fraley or Mckinney's 110.

snazel
10-07-2007, 10:47 PM
You folks watch Fraley today? Definitely needs be upgraded for us to take the next step. I aknowledge that he went against a good NT in Wilfork, but Wilfork looked like superman out there, he had his way with Fraley....and the both OGs really.

Yeah, we really need LCB on the interior of this line assuming he regains at least 80% form. His 80 is better than Fraley or Mckinney's 110.

Fraley did have a poor game, but I wouldn't say he's our weakest link. Our right side of the line looked iffy today, and it was clear that Tucker still has some rust on him in pass protection. On the other hand, the left side of our line looks downright FANTASTIC. Joe Thomas is working his way to the pro-bowl in my opinion (yes I'll be pimping this openly all season, lol), and Steinbach is getting to the second level consistently and also looks great.

Iamcanadian
10-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Look guys, we just aren't there yet but I am seeing some real potential for next year. Anderson isn't the long term answer, he simply has thrown way to many interceptions even in college. If Quinn can become a solid NFL QB by some time next year, we are going to have a sweet offense. When you are solid at LT and Thomas isn't great yet but he has shown glimpses of what he can become, then building a good OL is quite easy.
No, our defense isn't there yet and the team will have to commit in the next draft or 2 to bringing it up to snuff, but at least for once, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Loosing to NE away is hardly serious and speaks well for our continued developement.

Ruken
10-08-2007, 05:22 PM
You know whats nuts? I was looking at our schedule and if we can stay healthy there are 11 winnable games on that schedule. I mean we win 6 out of those 11 we are 8 and 8 for the year. That is fantastic Lets hope we dont slump and blow it like usual

PoopSandwich
10-08-2007, 07:17 PM
You know whats nuts? I was looking at our schedule and if we can stay healthy there are 11 winnable games on that schedule. I mean we win 6 out of those 11 we are 8 and 8 for the year. That is fantastic Lets hope we dont slump and blow it like usual

Lets win 8 more.

Iamcanadian
10-09-2007, 11:31 AM

Realistically, home games are our best shots. We are improving but hardly there yet.

j05son
10-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Scott Player was waived. Louis Leonard, a 6'4" 330lb defensive tackle was claimed off of waivers from the rams. Leonard was an undrafted rookie out of Fresno St. Leonard was released from the Chargers and waived from the Rams before being claimed by us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamal Lewis [foot] didn't practice today. He is wearing a protective boot on his strained foot.

Jurevicius (knee) practiced on a limited basis Wednesday along with Kellen Winslow (shoulder), Gary Baxter (knees), Charles Ali (toe) and Brodney Pool (thigh).

Darnell Dinkins (hand), meanwhile, did not practice.

Crennel said Dinkins, a backup tight end and key special teams player, saw a hand specialist earlier in the week and is in a cast.

For the Dolphins, three starters -- quarterback Trent Green (concussion), center Samson Satele (neck) and defensive tackle Vonnie Holliday (ankle) -- sat out practice. A fourth starter, defensive end Jason Taylor (neck) was limited.

Also sitting out practice for the Dolphins were receiver Derek Hagan (hamstring), safety Travares Tillman (knee), and defensive tackle Rodrique Wright (ankle).

Ryan Tucker saw some time at right tackle in the second half against New England.

Shaffer was assured that he is the starter but Tucker may be rotating in at the tackle positions. Tucker is NOT being considered at the guard spots as of now. [Source- ClevelandBrowns.com "line improving"]

Cheap Shots:

Harrison and Vrabel are under review for the league for questionable acts that could be conceived as cheap shots against the Browns. [Source- Canton Repository]

Freddy G
10-10-2007, 08:53 PM
After Tucker's rusty showing he doesn't need to be on the field unless it is garbage time or a huge point differential.

I also, just because, i definitely had Louis Leonard in many of my mocks last year. Can't remember if i had in the final or not though...probably not lol. Anyway, LOTS of potential, but had LOTS of injuries hamper is development. I don't expect much, but he does have skills. Not many people are that big and can move like him.

kalbears13
10-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Everyone said we had a tough schedule but looking at it now, the rest of the season doesn't look to be that tough.

BrownsTown
10-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Can't find a link since I read it in the paper, but Bentley won't be coming back after the bye. Romeo has said they're going to take their time. Circumstances have really changed now that the Browns are a playoff contender though, since they'll acutally be playing for something they may want to try as hard as they can to get him back.

mcdlaxbonz13
10-16-2007, 07:19 PM
you can also look at this form the other side as well. why would we want to rush him back and mayeb only have him for a game when we could wait till he is fully back to normal and have him for many more years.

j05son
10-17-2007, 04:40 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/more/10/16/kosar.afl.ap/index.html

Cleveland will have an AFL team....

j05son
10-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Can't find a link since I read it in the paper, but Bentley won't be coming back after the bye. Romeo has said they're going to take their time. Circumstances have really changed now that the Browns are a playoff contender though, since they'll acutally be playing for something they may want to try as hard as they can to get him back.

Might not be the same article or paper,

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1192523940269960.xml&coll=2

confirms what BrownsTown said....

Freddy G
10-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Alright, so Baxter was put on IR and Nick Sorenson was signed to take his place (hippy special teamer from Jacksonville).

Also, i am sure you all know Grady Jackson was cut. Honestly, i really don't think he would do us any good, but believe it or not with our remaining schedule, we are very much in the wild card hunt. So, if there is any chance Grady is better than what we have at NT (i have no idea, don't many ATL games) and 1 year deal could be justified.

Scarface
10-25-2007, 01:51 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/more/10/16/kosar.afl.ap/index.html

Cleveland will have an AFL team....

The Cleveland Gladiators have announced there first player that they drafted. His name is Justin Sandy from Northern Iowa. He was formerly on the browns practice squad and would have been the starter but he got injured and got waived. Now he has decided to go to arena football. He will be playing QB and Saftey.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9003/482532mlt4.jpg

Freddy G
10-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Thank god we won today, down 14-0 in the first....i was scared.

I didn't get to see the game, but judging by the box score, it is easy to tell it was the same old story. Offense dominates, defense never actually got off the plane.

1 sack!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Daryl Tapp had 4 by himself against the Rams.

I was expecting our pass rush to finaly get on track, and while sacks aren't everything. It is a good indicator that we are still anemic.

Scarface
10-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Darnell Dinkins (hand), meanwhile, did not practice.

Crennel said Dinkins, a backup tight end and key special teams player, saw a hand specialist earlier in the week and is in a cast.

Dinkins is so huge that it is expected that his hand will get injured. Speaking of Dinkins he had a pretty good kick return against the rams which led to a braylon edwards score. We should be able to beat the seahawks as long as dinkins is healthy.

JSimmsy21
10-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Dinkins is so huge that it is expected that his hand will get injured. Speaking of Dinkins he had a pretty good kick return against the rams which led to a braylon edwards score. We should be able to beat the seahawks as long as dinkins is healthy.

your pretty high on dinkins.

not to be the devils advocate or anything, but i doubt it will be dinkins that determines the outcome of that game, it will be our secondary that determines the outcome. also our OL and running game(which Dinkins would be a part of) with the way that julian Peterson is playing this year.

*side note* depending on how the next 3 games go, i think we have a very good chance of winning all our games from week 12-17, and i'm not worried about any of the games in the next 3 weeks.

Scarface
10-29-2007, 07:42 PM

not to be the devils advocate or anything, but i doubt it will be dinkins that determines the outcome of that game, it will be our secondary that determines the outcome. also our OL and running game(which Dinkins would be a part of) with the way that julian Peterson is playing this year.

*side note* depending on how the next 3 games go, i think we have a very good chance of winning all our games from week 12-17, and i'm not worried about any of the games in the next 3 weeks.

I agree +rep

BrownsTown
10-29-2007, 07:47 PM

He's a troll, just ignore him.

j05son
10-29-2007, 09:04 PM
He's a troll, just ignore him.

Is he justin sandy with a new s/n

BrownsTown
10-29-2007, 09:10 PM

Pretty much, I expect they're all just Windy under a different name.

PoopSandwich
10-29-2007, 09:32 PM

It's not Sandy I knew Sandy.

snazel
10-31-2007, 06:53 AM
You know whats really scary? Our QB of the future may not be who we all thought it was going to be about 6 weeks ago. That throw to Kellen was one of the most difficult throws I've seen this weekend, and DA threw it perfectly. Seriously, this kid keeps this up - and it will be REAL hard for Quinn to unseat him. This is a GREAT problem to have at QB....

Iamcanadian
10-31-2007, 07:13 AM
You know whats really scary? Our QB of the future may not be who we all thought it was going to be about 6 weeks ago. That throw to Kellen was one of the most difficult throws I've seen this weekend, and DA threw it perfectly. Seriously, this kid keeps this up - and it will be REAL hard for Quinn to unseat him. This is a GREAT problem to have at QB....

Another Brees/Rivers situation and very nice to be in. Wouldn't it be ironic if we traded Quinn for a top 10 draft pick. How sweet that would be after everybody thought that we were ripped off for trading a future 1st for him.

Scarface
10-31-2007, 07:39 AM
I just heard that hasselback is out and that Charlie Frye will start the game this week. They are not starting seneca wallace because they are working him in as a reciever.

Freddy G
10-31-2007, 07:47 AM
This is great.

I am still a fan of ol' Chuck....but i hope he continues to hold on to the ball at least for this week..buhhahahaha