PDA

View Full Version : Pats RB Morris Out For Season

diabsoule
11-02-2007, 08:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3092256

Not a huge hit but it's somewhat significant.

princefielder28
11-02-2007, 10:01 PM
If Maroney goes down then they have problems

yodabear
11-02-2007, 10:18 PM
If Maroney goes down then they have problems

Not true, they have Tom Brady. I can go play running back for them and they'd still beat every team except the team they are playing this week.

bigbluedefense
11-03-2007, 03:27 PM
sure it is a huge blow.

Maroney can't carry the load all by himself, and with Morris and that oline they had one of the best RBCs in the game. Morris was a very underrated runner, he was great for them. Now they have to rely solely on Maroney.

Yeah I know they can just throw it all game, but thats just for show now. Come playoff time, this will be an issue.

Moses
11-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Kevin Faulk may not be explosive but he is still a consistent guy you can count on to not make mistakes. Maroney/Faulk is still a nice duo.

Jvig43
11-04-2007, 11:24 AM
uhhhh im pretty sure Maroney did nasty last week when he took the full load of the carries, his numbers dont do him justice.

luckyjackaubrey
11-04-2007, 01:42 PM
I like all our backs but Morris was the only one who showed me the consistent, get 4 yards, don't cough it up, block when you need to block production that you need in a cold weather site . I have seen high powered offenses that don't win championships because they can't control the clock with a lead. We will need someone to step up or be brought in.

Faulk and Maroney are going to be successful in this spread attack, but if you want to go 2 tight and play smash mouth, well, I've seen Kyle Eckel try to run up the middle for 7 weeks and that aint gonna cut it.

I don't think it is a terrible blow, but it certainly is a chink in my teams armour.

Barbecue Bob
11-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Corey Dillon informed the Pats that he's willing to come back if they need him, so I don't think they have too much to worry about. He's not the same player he once was but he can still help a team to victory. He'd probably average 3/5 ypc now. Behind the Pats line though anything is possible.