11-02-2007, 08:47 PM
As if that pick wasn't bad enough.

EDIT: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3092475

Ewing
11-02-2007, 08:48 PM
God ****ing damnit...

Green Bay Scat
11-02-2007, 08:48 PM
its said it was a prescribed drug that was banned. what was it?

KILLERSANTA
11-02-2007, 08:50 PM
At least this gives Pacman someone to hang out with for 4 weeks.

TitanHope
11-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Drop one drugged up Henry for another... Sheesh...

This is bad news. Henry was actually looking great in the limited time he had and scored 2 TD's over our last two games.

According to a source, the substance is not considered performance enhancing and a year ago was not on the banned list. Henry, 22, apparently took a prescription medication that contained a component included on the NFL's list of banned substances.

At least this is good news. At first I thought steroids or marijuana, but apparently it's prescribed. So hopefully this won't taint his reputation. I wonder if he'll be able to appeal.

JagHombre22
11-02-2007, 10:51 PM
well damn, since it wasn't on the list a year ago he should be given another chance....right....

he's a rookie and already making these kindof mistakes...not good...

TitanAddict
11-02-2007, 11:05 PM
As if that pick wasn't bad enough.

EDIT: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3092475

Actually, he's looked really good so far.

TitanHope
11-02-2007, 11:31 PM
well damn, since it wasn't on the list a year ago he should be given another chance....right....

he's a rookie and already making these kindof mistakes...not good...

We need to learn more information before judging this. Cause the thing is that it is a prescription medication and not a performance enhancer like steriods or street drug, both of which would obviously throw up red flags. He made a mistake by not seeking information about the legality of the medicine, and thats it. He'll appeal it, and if he really did need the medicine and considering the fact that he doesn't have a history of drugs and that it did not improve his performance then I don't think he should be suspended.

Burns336
11-02-2007, 11:47 PM
We need to learn more information before judging this. Cause the thing is that it is a prescription medication and not a performance enhancer like steriods or street drug, both of which would obviously throw up red flags. He made a mistake by not seeking information about the legality of the medicine, and thats it. He'll appeal it, and if he really did need the medicine and considering the fact that he doesn't have a history of drugs and that it did not improve his performance then I don't think he should be suspended.

They suspended that Saint's DT last year for using the wrong asthma medicine and he was an Asthma spokesman or something. Although I dont think he should be punished for this, (neither should have that saints player) and the NFL should use a case-by-case basis when evaluating banned substances, I'm fairly sure that sheriff goodell won't take this lightly or accept an appeal. You dont get special treatment from him unless your last name is bellicheat.

smittyjs
11-02-2007, 11:50 PM
big lost for us, he has looked really good in the limit time he has seen.

TitanHope
11-02-2007, 11:57 PM
I don't know of the Saints DT, Burns336. Suspending a guy for asthma medication seems overly harsh.

Anyway, still no news about which substance it was, but apparently it was not on the Banned Substance List as of last December. The team trainer and doctor made a huge mistake, and that is why it occurred. There is a chance that the suspension can can be successfully fought and appealed since it was a prescription, and that's the angle that Henry and the Titans will argue from (via Bongo, "Titans Insider").

defensiveback23
11-03-2007, 12:20 AM
They should have traded for Turner...

Cashmoney
11-03-2007, 12:36 AM
i was almost positive it would be for steroids. not a good day for running backs in tennessee i guess.

Vikes99ej
11-03-2007, 12:50 AM
I'm still waiting for Anthony Henry to get arrested.

Burns336
11-03-2007, 01:40 AM
I don't know of the Saints DT, Burns336. Suspending a guy for asthma medication seems overly harsh.

Anyway, still no news about which substance it was, but apparently it was not on the Banned Substance List as of last December. The team trainer and doctor made a huge mistake, and that is why it occurred. There is a chance that the suspension can can be successfully fought and appealed since it was a prescription, and that's the angle that Henry and the Titans will argue from (via Bongo, "Titans Insider").

Hollis Thomas

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2687451

Im pretty sure this was before goodell -- keep that in mind

nobodyinparticular
11-03-2007, 03:23 AM
Understand that even anabolic steroids and marijuana can be considered "prescription drugs" since they are restricted drugs rather than illegal drugs.

zoinks
11-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Latest word is that Henry tested positive for a substance that was just added to the list this year, and was perfectly legal last year.

This eliminates the most common violations....pot, 'roids, coke, etc. Apparently this is a medication that was prescribed by the team doctor, who should have known better.

I doubt Henry gets off scot free, but it wouldn't surprise me if Goodell takes pity on the rookie, and knocks it down to a one- or two-game suspension.

(After all, he trimmed a couple games off Jared Allen's suspension for multiple DUI's).

Bobo
11-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Latest word is that Henry tested positive for a substance that was just added to the list this year, and was perfectly legal last year.

This eliminates the most common violations....pot, 'roids, coke, etc. Apparently this is a medication that was prescribed by the team doctor, who should have known better.

I doubt Henry gets off scot free, but it wouldn't surprise me if Goodell takes pity on the rookie, and knocks it down to a one- or two-game suspension.

(After all, he trimmed a couple games off Jared Allen's suspension for multiple DUI's).

I didn't know he did that for Allen. But I won't be surprised if he isn't lenient on Henry (if it is really questionable that he deserves a 4 game susp), his policies seem a bit shady.

Moses
11-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Hollis Thomas

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2687451

Im pretty sure this was before goodell -- keep that in mind

Asthma medications are abused in a ton of sports. It would not surprise me in the least if Thomas was doing the same.

Burns336
11-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Asthma medications are abused in a ton of sports. It would not surprise me in the least if Thomas was doing the same.

He's a spokesman for the Asthma community or something though? I dont know, I just remember people saying it was pretty harsh of them to suspend this guy who had team doctors, third party doctors, and everyone else saying that he basically cant breathe without using his inhaler. Either way, I doubt Henry gets let off the hook.

ks_perfection
11-04-2007, 11:18 AM
It sucks for Henry cause he's losing 1/4 of his salary for doing what his team told him to do.