PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Chiefs Week 9

GB12
11-02-2007, 10:29 PM
We somehow went all week with out one, so here it is.

Moses
11-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Every game is a big one from here on out. If the Packers manage to get a Bye through the first playoff round that would be huge.

princefielder28
11-03-2007, 11:50 PM
It's one of those games that can get away from you if you don't watch out. Green Bay needs to come out focused follwoing the big win against Denver and they can not afford to make mistakes against a team that is certainly not more talented but is far off

NickCollins36
11-04-2007, 08:15 AM
goo packk goooooooooooooooo
kansas city got no beef on da pack w00t h00t j00t

neko4
11-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Quick Breakdown
QB-GB
RB-KC
WR-GB
TE-KC
OL-GB

DL-GB
LB-Tie
DB-GB

neko4
11-04-2007, 12:06 PM
is koren playing?

neko4
11-04-2007, 12:43 PM
I was so afraid of seeing Gonzo rack up yards on us, we're actually doing okay against him

jackalope
11-04-2007, 12:49 PM
is koren playing?I think he came in for a play, but he hasn't gotten the ball yet. I'm pretty sure he'll be taking kickoffs.

Boston
11-04-2007, 01:23 PM
This is ******* bull ****. The fact that they're winning going into halftime is just ******* terrible. They've gotten what, 1 first down?

neko4
11-04-2007, 01:56 PM
We should be 14-0 right now, this is pathetic all these dumbass mistakes

Twiddler
11-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Dare I say this is almost as stupid of playing as the Badgers yesterday. This is ridiculous. Complete crap. And will we ever learn how to cover a ******* tight end!!! I realize its Gonzalez but every week it is someone new.

jackalope
11-04-2007, 02:52 PM
I love Greg Jennings.

Sportsfan486
11-04-2007, 03:21 PM
I love Greg Jennings.

+ our defense.

W. Count it.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Had some boring time on and off today after the game so I decided to break down the Tight End thing more.

I know it's bad that we struggle to cover TE's. But look at the opposing team's Wide Receiver's numbers every game. Part of throwing to the TE is cause it's a big, reliable target. Tight End's also don't get much after the catch. If we stopped TE's we'd probably have the best pass defense ever, but we don't need to have that. I'll take a 7-1 record when offenses clearly are making it a point to throw it to the Tight End. It's at a point where Tight End's are just the number one read for Quarterbacks against us because of everything that happened earlier in the year. I mean look at what we're doing on offense. We've decided to use the Tight End a lot this year and it's helping us big time on offense. If you throw it to a huge target, the guy will catch it most of the time. Yeah, it aggravates me when a TE is flat out unaccounted for because this is professional football, but you gotta realize that most of these guys have made most of the catches against us simply because there isn't an ideal person to cover them. Look at the catches, our players are right there almost every time. I do think we need more front and back coverage because it seems like when they get catches they're doubled but two guys are upfield and no one between the ball and the TE. I think it's a combination of that and how much the quarterback is attempting to throw it to them.

Who would you rather throw at? Woodson and Harris? or whoever is covering the TE?

Another thing is all the great TE's the Packers have played against. These aren't stiffs are there, most of them have All-Pro honors before or are highly regarded.

The bottom line is match ups when talking about offense vs. defense. The Quarterback is looking for his most likely chance to complete a pass.

What's Huard thinking today?

"Attack the best Cornerback tandem in the NFL with below average receivers?"

or

"throw it to my future Hall of Fame Tight End still in the prime of his career?" (Who by the way is about 6'5" 250, runs a 4.7 40 yard dash or so and has 750 plus catches in his career)

Most of the Tight End's we've played this year have similar athleticism numbers (although not the resume) as Gonzalez. Absolutely great athletic ability for their size combined with that toughness that Tight End's have.

I have noticed this year that the Tight End/Slot Receiver is most popular place that offenses all around the league are using to create mismatches.
-----
Last season there were 0 Tight End's with over 1,000 yards.

There was 6 between 500 and 750 receiving yards.

There was 6 between 750 and 1000 receiving yards.

10 Tight Ends averaged 40 yards a game or more.

The only 3 Tight Ends above 50 yards per game were Kellen Winslow 54.7, Antonio Gates 57.8 and Tony Gonzalez 60.0.
~~~~~~~~~
This season

There are 4 Tight Ends on pace for over 1,200 yards this season.

Those same 4 Tight Ends have over 600 yards receiving already.

13 Tight Ends average 40 yards a game or more

6 of them are averaging over 50 yards a game. Winslow 82.1, Gates 81.1, Witten 77.1, Gonzalez 76.9, Daniels 52, Dallas Clark 50.4. (4 of those well over the highest average from 06!)

-------------------

I added the top 20 Tight Ends' yards per game, and then divided by 20 to get the average of the top 20.

2007 Tight End Total Yards Per Game 951.7, Average 47.585

2006 Tight End Total Yards Per Game 775.3, Average 38.765

In 2005 there was 5 Tight Ends averaging 50 yards a game and over. The highest was Gates who had 73.4 per game and 1,101 total receiving yards and he was the only over 1,000 yards.

Stats from nfl.com

The Legend
11-05-2007, 04:06 AM
Quick Breakdown
QB-GB
RB-KC
WR-GB
TE-KC
OL-GB

DL-GB
LB-Tie
DB-GB

i would give it to KC

nrk
11-05-2007, 06:58 PM
I went to this game yesterday. My first NFL game. Go pack go

neko4
11-05-2007, 07:18 PM
good for you, especially since we won
KC has a great crowd too so i bet it was a bit fun.
BTW i had some family go up to the game (theyre cheifs fans)
do you rmember who you sat by?

villagewarrior
11-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Congrats on the win yesterday. I like the Packers and they are a good team so this loss doesn't hurt as bad. It was surprising cause I had to go run an errand and the Chiefs were up with something like 5 minutes left in the game, then I come back and they are down by 11 freakin' points. I was like what the hell happened?!

Oh well, the Pack played much better so they deserved the W.