PDA

View Full Version : New Draft, some changes 5 rounds with some comments

Green Bay Scat
02-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Its defenitly not the best and some things i forgot like Heitman the center for 49ers. Just give me a little break its not perfect cause i only know what the packers kinda need. This is all for fun and i wanted to see how i did. so please give me a grade

http://www.mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/GreenBay%20Scat.aspx

Tubby
02-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Good hawks mock, though I dont see us taking two DB's

packerpro42
02-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Solid Packers mock. I really like the Rouse and Lynch pick.

Bearsfan123
02-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Good Bears draft, just change Craig Davis to Brandon Frye in the third, and then in the Fifth give us Laurent Robinson and Id cry of happiness.

SDSupaChargers
02-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Good chargers draft.

PackerFan20
02-12-2007, 10:43 AM
good pack draft. (Though i dont think of patrick as a good reciever at TE)
For the rest there is alot i disagree with but the things i disagree with are reasonable

asmitty45
02-12-2007, 11:17 AM
A decent Lions mock

1- JaMarcus Russell
If the lions go QB, which they probably wont, i think theyd prefer Quinn

2-Joe Staley
DE is a bigger need, so if we can get a DE like the guy below then this pick is very good, otherwise im not sure its the right pick.

3-Charles Johnson
This makes the second rounder acceptable. Great Pick, dont think he'll slide this far but ill definitely take it.

4-Aundrae Allison
I dont think theyll take a WR here, they still havent addressed MLB CB or OG. Those are all better picks

5-Tim Shaw
Not a bad pick but we need a MLB or OG more. Especially with Mike Jones still on the board.

C

PalmerToCJ
02-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Good Bengals 1st rounder.

In the 2nd I'd rather see Weddle.

Finsfan79
02-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Miami Dolphins Levi Brown T Penn State 6-5 325 Even with a new offense, they dont go QB. McIntosh did alright in at left tackle but Brown could be a that Franchise LT, but could also be a Dud. They think that the rewards outweight the risks and grab him at #9.

I would go Quinn over him personally but I think he is a solid pick

41 (9) Miami Dolphins Tank Tyler DT North Carolina State 6-2 310 Fantastic value and can start at NG for them from day 1.

Very nice pick I like a lot

73 (9) Miami Dolphins H.B. Blades MLB Pittsburgh 5-11 240 Blades is a solid, instinctive LB and would fit perfectly in a 3-4 defense.

I like the pick very much as well, I would most likely go Buster Davis over him personally whom I feel is a better Inside Linebacker. Ikaika Alama-Francis would have been a very nice pick as well, Trent Edwards would have been interesting too for a project QB

Miami Dolphins Chansi Stuckey WR Clemson 5-10 185 Could still use maybe 1 more wr to battle for the 3rd spot.

Don’t really need a 3rd WR, we have about 6 of them, we need a number 1 honestly.

Marshal Yanda, Doug Datish, Baraka Atkins would all look nice there honestly.

If you can change the 4th rounder to atkins or Datish I would be happy with the draft, perhaps edwards in the 3rd but I cant complain of Davis there either (blades seems more of a project then davis).

1st brown LT
2nd tyler NT
3rd Davis ILB
4th Atkins DE

Now I know alot of dolphins fans wouldnt want that much concentration upon the lines but I would like it specially if we could sign a good center or guard to replace jeno james.

Windy
02-12-2007, 12:28 PM
very solid raiders mock.

kwilliamsfa
02-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Interesting Denver draft:

Victor Abiamiri going in round 3 seems awfully late, especially considering the run on DL in round 2.

round 1 - Moss looks good here, though in some ways I like Carriker better

round 2 - lots of DL getting grabbed in this round. I like Mebane over Brown, but either way the help at DT is needed... though I like Abiamiri even better despite picking up Moss in round 1. Might consider an RB here too.

round 3 - CB/KR is okay (WR/KR is better, tho), K is dubious. A RB is likely here if one isn't taken in rounds 1 & 2.

round 4 - Wright would be a much better pick here if we're still looking for a RB, or maybe OL help

round 5 - Good. OL help is definitely needed

Sveen
02-12-2007, 01:49 PM
New Orleans Saints:

Round 1: I don't see us reaching for Marcus McCauley here. Would rather have us taking Paul Poluszny or Aaron Ross.

Round 2: There is no doubt that Marcus Thomas is a great player, but with his character concerns we can easily pick him up later. H.B. Blades, Mason Crosby, Brandon Siler and Eric Weddle are all better options here.

Round 3: You have us taking a DT in Round 2 and 3?

Round 4: I like the Desmond Bishop pick here.

Round 5: OK pick. Don't know much about Stephen Nicholas though.

Grade: D

sdpads24
02-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Sidney Rice WR South Carolina 6-2 200
Rice is one of the purest route runners in this draft. They arent the best, but he has a talent with it, and he has the hands to be a solid #1. He'll be used as the speedster.

Rice is no speedster, but good pick nonetheless. Blaylock could also be posssibilties there along with Poz because we could easily get a good #2 WR in rounds 2 or 3
Brandon Siler MLB Florida 6-1 235
Can take over for ether ILB for the chargers.
Nice pick and theres pretty good value there.
Josh Gattis FS Wake Forest 6-1 215
Had a solid week of practice at the Senior Bowl and the game was alright. His physical and athletic tools are a huge part of him.

Gattis's week at the senior bowl was far from solid. He really struggled. I could live with that pick but I dont think he could ever be a starter.

Green Bay Scat
02-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Im working on a new one that will also be 5 rounds, but with more talk. Later i will take there combine numbers along with there stats to determine their rises and falls, but scotts rankings dont hurt. the first five round should be done in about a week. The detailed on i will start working on (word) to see how detailed i can get it, i get kinda bored and its fun.

piuttosto
02-12-2007, 10:32 PM
1. Take a LB over Hughes.
2. I like Leonard being a Rutgers fan, but I don't know how well he'd do here.
3. Lorenzo's pick would be odd if we took Leonard in the 2nd.
4. Meh
5. We're not drafting a punter.

XtremeRaider
02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Raiders :

I like your first 2 picks :D

Taking LaMar Woodley over the likes of Charles Johnson/Tim Crowder in my opinion is a big mistake. Our major issue is our run defense and having beast like LT, LJ, Any Denver RB you can understand why. While LaMar is a pass rush threat i dont think he could hold he point opposite Burgess. If you address DE i think we need a bigger body please.

Im_a_Romosexual
02-12-2007, 10:44 PM
awesome cowboys draft no complaints

Doctorsacb
02-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Dolphins picks:

1.Levi Brown- Awful pick simply because you have them passing on Quinn. You said yourself that Brown could be a dud and that McIntosh played decently last season. Well Culpepper played awful last season and Quinn has a better chance to shine the Brown.

pick should be: Brady Quinn

2. Tank Tyler- great pick. This is the guy I'm hoping for more then anyone in round 2 unless by some miracle Timmons where to fall. great pick.

3. HB Blades- meh. OLB is a much bigger need as the Dolphins are ok at ILB where Crowder, Thomas and Pope can all play. Abiamiri would be a solid pickup as a 3-4 OLB at that spot and Crosby wouldn't be a bad addition either.

Pick should be: Victor Abiamiri

4. Chansi Stucky- yuck. bad pick. Is Stucky really any better then Welker or last year's 3rd rounder Hagan? I think not. Dolphins need a true number 1 guy, not more 3,4 guys. McDonald will likely not fall out of the 2nd and if he does the Dolphins will grab him in the 3rd. But if by some miracle he falls to the 4th the Dolphins will nab him. He can play DE in the 3-4 set and DT on the few occasion we play 4-3.

Pick should be: Ray McDonald

Overall Dolphins draft by your mock should be:

1. Brady Quinn
2. Tank Tyler
3. Victor Abiamiri
4. Ray McDonald

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-12-2007, 11:42 PM
solid Packer draft for the most part. In Round 3 we wouldnt pass on Craig Davis for Patrick. Other than that you did a nice job IMO.

RaiderNation
02-12-2007, 11:44 PM
really good overall.

1st :D :D :D :D :D
2nd :D
3rd :)
4th :)
5th :|

i would rather have a huge run stuffing DT in the 5th. but i would take that draft everyday

Green Bay Scat
02-12-2007, 11:46 PM
really good overall.

1st :D :D :D :D :D
2nd :D
3rd :)
4th :)
5th :|

i would rather have a huge run stuffing DT in the 5th. but i would take that draft everydayyou do heave kelly and sands i believe, both huge guys.

Shiver
02-12-2007, 11:59 PM
We have Denver's 4th round pick....

Atlanta sent their first round pick (15 overall) to Denver for their first round pick (29 overall) and a third rounder this year, coupled with a fourth round pick next year.

Weird..

Anyway: Your Falcons draft has one cardinal flaw. The team is looking to move away from the Z.B.S, adding bigger lineman. Satele and Harris don't seem to fit that movement.

asu2100
02-13-2007, 12:16 AM
why are the cards draftign a WR???? there is absolutely no need there...

JayA55
02-13-2007, 12:33 AM
yeah whoever made this site definitely ripped mine. Same code and everything, that's pretty lame.

Caddy
02-13-2007, 01:14 AM
1) :( Joe Thomas there
2) :| Would rather Weddle
2b) :| Charles Johnson there
3) :) I actually like Higgins
4) :( David Irons
5) :) Pretty good value

Thats my opinion anyway..

bigmac076
02-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Great first few rounds for the Cowboys, but a RB and a TE? No and No.

jetsfan3
02-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Carriker - A+++++++

Ross - A+

Hunt - A-

princefielder28
02-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Nice job with the Packers :)

T-RICH49
02-13-2007, 07:30 PM
WOW!Bowe,Mebane AND McBean???I LOVE IT :D :D :D

NYCBOY21
02-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Alan Branch doesn't even fit the scheme. We need a UT,Okoye would be better.

jdcozart
02-13-2007, 11:02 PM
I like the Packers mock. 3,4, and 5 are especially good. I'm not as high on Lynch as others and I think the pack have bigger needs.

LB51
02-14-2007, 01:09 PM
The giants have more needs so they might trade down to the jets, pick up the first and early second, then pick beason or poz. And with the early second pick Aaron Ross, with our second I’d pick either Josh Wilson or Eric Wright, with our third Booker is perfect, with our fourth, Hilliard, Tarell Brown, or Jonathan Wade. With our fifth, I’d trade a 7th to get John Talley.