PDA

View Full Version : what are the usc rbs thinking

JoeMontainya
02-12-2007, 10:10 AM
can someone please explain why all these rbs are going to USC the last two years. Last year they pulled in 3 five star guys(stafon johnson, allen bradford, cj cable) and 1 four star guy(emanuel moody), then this year 2 more five stars (joe mcknight, mark tyler) and another four star(broderick green). each back must think pretty highly of himself to stay at USC, because i bet only 2 of these guys ever get enought time to hit paydirt in the NFL.

RWFender1
02-12-2007, 10:38 AM
im sure they saw the success reggie had last year on top of USC being known as a great running back school. Look at all the heisman winners at running back SC has. if i was a running back USC would be a tempting choice for me too

VoteLynnSwan
02-12-2007, 10:40 AM
can someone please explain why all these rbs are going to USC the last two years. Last year they pulled in 3 five star guys(stafon johnson, allen bradford, cj cable) and 1 four star guy(emanuel moody), then this year 2 more five stars (joe mcknight, mark tyler) and another four star(broderick green). each back must think pretty highly of himself to stay at USC, because i bet only 2 of these guys ever get enought time to hit paydirt in the NFL.

well i've thought about it too... it's pretty ridiculous. I don't understand why USC even is willing to take this many guys; unless of course they're thinking of position changes with a few of them...

so yea, i forsee at least two or three of these guys transferring before it's all said and done. Although, there are guys who've been buried on college draft charts who've either been drafted, or found success in the NFL.

A couple names...
Willie Parker
Matt Cassel
Mark Bradley

there's more but that's all i can think of... naturally however this is an exception, not the rule.

JoeMontainya
02-12-2007, 10:54 AM
the way i see it is, that bradford moves back to linebacker (where he wil find a hard time getting playing time) or to fullback, then gable and moody share carries with one another for the rest of the usc careers, i dont know wat happens to staf. johnson becasue he cant seem to crack the lineup(possibly transfer) and then theres Joe Mcknight who i think will do very well and by the end of his soph year going into junioor year he will be the center of the USC offense, marc tyler could also might move to linebacker where he will see no playing time which is a huge of waste of talent, and broderick green should have been smart and come to penn state

giant73zuma
02-12-2007, 12:27 PM
The only reason i could think of for brod green not going to Penn State would be weather. Its brutal here in pa winters are horrible and Southern Cal is beautiful year round. That being said he made a huge mistake, at penn state he would have started from day 1 now he'll be lucky if he starts as a red shirt senior and even then he'll still have to fight for playing time against the 5 or 6 other top running backs that will commit there too. More than half these guys are gonna have to transfer out. Did any of the freshman from last season red shirt?

Turbeauxdog
02-12-2007, 01:24 PM
USC doesn't have a depth chart like other teams do. Carrol will play the best RB even if he is a freshman. At other schools freshman have little or no chance of playing time. So if you want to play right away, you go to USC, a non-BCS school, or if you are lucky a BCS school that has no good RBs on the roster.

yourfavestoner
02-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Is there any chance of Bradford playing a rover/linebacker type of role like Thomas Davis did at Georgia?

RWFender1
02-12-2007, 02:07 PM
i like bradford and hope he only plays rb or fb

RWFender1
02-12-2007, 05:59 PM
apparently there are athletes who also care about academics too which is good...joe mcknight claims this as a factor. he is going into communications at USCs Annenberg School and that was a factor in his decision. check out this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84gvwzCLsF0 ...interview with mcknight discussing all about his decision and USC's running back situation

xxxjasmine
02-12-2007, 06:28 PM
USC will be unreal for a long time

Shiver
02-12-2007, 06:36 PM
USC will be unreal for a long time

Until the NCAA puts them on the death penalty... They will be caught eventually, the clouds aren't going away any time soon.

Zyro_1014
02-12-2007, 11:49 PM
the way i see it is, that bradford moves back to linebacker (where he wil find a hard time getting playing time) or to fullback, then gable and moody share carries with one another for the rest of the usc careers, i dont know wat happens to staf. johnson becasue he cant seem to crack the lineup(possibly transfer) and then theres Joe Mcknight who i think will do very well and by the end of his soph year going into junioor year he will be the center of the USC offense, marc tyler could also might move to linebacker where he will see no playing time which is a huge of waste of talent, and broderick green should have been smart and come to penn state

I think that bradford will move to full back, maybe backer, Gable will get alot of carries, and so will Moody, Johnson will transfer like u said, and Joe McKnight will get tons of reps next year, but as for Tyler, i dont think he will change positions, that guy is UNREAL it seems like every 3rd time he touches the ball hes in the endzone, i just hope Gable and Moody leave after there Junior Years and then hand it off to McKnight and Tyler.

RWFender1
02-12-2007, 11:55 PM
maybe tyler and bradford can alternate at fullback next year and then tyler can switch back to RB after some of the other backs declare for the NFL...

terman
02-13-2007, 12:30 AM
"Until the NCAA puts them on the death penalty... They will be caught eventually, the clouds aren't going away any time soon."

If you seriously think the NCAA is going to impose sanctions like that again, you seriously need to get your head checked.

CC
02-13-2007, 12:41 AM
apparently there are athletes who also care about academics too which is good...joe mcknight claims this as a factor. he is going into communications at USCs Annenberg School and that was a factor in his decision. check out this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84gvwzCLsF0 ...interview with mcknight discussing all about his decision and USC's running back situation

Give me a break, no one picks their school because they have a good Communications program. If you had said Business or Science it would have been at least somewhat reasonable.

terman
02-13-2007, 01:28 AM
"Give me a break, no one picks their school because they have a good Communications program. If you had said Business"

And that's where I stopped.

RWFender1
02-13-2007, 01:48 AM
well according to the video i showed you of mcknight on sign day he claims it was a factor in his decision so talk to him about it...

etk
02-13-2007, 11:55 AM

well i've thought about it too... it's pretty ridiculous. I don't understand why USC even is willing to take this many guys; unless of course they're thinking of position changes with a few of them...

so yea, i forsee at least two or three of these guys transferring before it's all said and done. Although, there are guys who've been buried on college draft charts who've either been drafted, or found success in the NFL.

A couple names...
Willie Parker
Matt Cassel
Mark Bradley

there's more but that's all i can think of... naturally however this is an exception, not the rule.

Try Tom Brady.

P-L
02-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Tom Brady was Michigan's starting QB. Guys like Cassell and Parker weren't even starters in college.

dcrls
02-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Tom Brady was Michigan's starting QB. Guys like Cassell and Parker weren't even starters in college.

not until his senior year, he was fighting for a good spot on the depth chart, and once even considered transfering.

P-L
02-13-2007, 02:45 PM

not until his senior year, he was fighting for a good spot on the depth chart, and once even considered transfering.

But he still played well and had a whole season of experience under his belt. Matt Cassell barely stepped on the field at USC.

princefielder28
02-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Who knows??? If I were them I would go to a place where I could play right away and be a star

etk
02-13-2007, 05:32 PM

Didn't Drew Henson take his job at one point?

regoob2
02-13-2007, 05:40 PM
All of them think that if they go there they will win a national championship and win the hiesmen. They probally dont pay attention to what other guys are being recruited by USC since they have thier desicion to make

YAYareaRB
02-13-2007, 05:44 PM
All of them think that if they go there they will win a national championship and win the hiesmen. They probally dont pay attention to what other guys are being recruited by USC since they have thier desicion to make

Love the avatar.. I'm pretty sure they are well aware of eachothers signings. But by the looks of it, USC could be on their way to a National Championship. That's most likely Pete Carroll's recruiting bait and they're biting it like hungry fish.

MaxV
02-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Brady was stuck behind Brian Greise most of his college career, and then had to share time with Drew Henson. But when he did get playing time, he played well.

People that said that Brady wasn't very good in college are wrong, he just didn't really get much of an opportunity. I bet, had he started 1 whole season in college, he would've been atleast a Day 1 pick.

Regarding the USC RBs, I believe that these kids aren't really concerned with the competition. They believe that they will get their opportunity.

Favre4
02-18-2007, 11:59 AM
i dont know what they are thinking either. it kind of reminds me of all the runningbacks that are flocking to wisconsin.

USCs running backs are more athletes than anything. they can play all over the field. we are going to see some very good NFL players come out of USC who played very very little in college in the next couple years. they almost have too much talent there. maybe the NCAA should take a few scholarships away. It would level the playing field.

WildDude
02-18-2007, 02:22 PM
the ncaa would never do that that just wouldnt be fair... if only there were a way to limit the number of 5 star players goin to one school but theres no way to do that

Space Ghost
02-18-2007, 02:35 PM
I think they will probably Red Shirt McKnight this year. Marc Tyler ****** up I think.

WildDude
02-18-2007, 03:14 PM
naw they never redshirt anyone they just stockpile on talent- heck they didnt even redshirt stafon johnson and he only played like one snap or something

BufFan71
02-20-2007, 07:25 PM
If I were a D1 caliber athlete I'd go to USC too....the pay is good.

RWFender1
02-20-2007, 07:32 PM
that would be stupid as hell for the NCAA to take away scholarships. you dont punish someone for being good. instead of trying to think of a way to knock USC down other schools could be thinking of ways to better their programs so they can attract more players

Zyro_1014
02-20-2007, 09:47 PM
I think they will probably Red Shirt McKnight this year. Marc Tyler *********** up I think.

how is marc tyler screwin up? he committed to USC before McKnight.
Tyler is unreal dude, i think hes prolly the best complete back in the whole class. Hes in the endzone like every other time he touches the ball. Like we said earlier in this topic, he could easliy play full back, he catches unbelievebly well for a running back and hes very fast and can run with power.

BuddyCHRIST
02-20-2007, 10:39 PM
probably half won't pan out because they won't put in the work, then some 3 star guy they have will end up being a star.

I don't think people realize how much coaching helps in making it to the NFL. Not like any of these guys are just ready for the NFL, going to a school like USC gives you top notch coaching helping make you ready.

Then not to mention just being a back up at a school like USC gives you an opportunity to get drafted. Look at Matt Cassell whose 2nd string for the Patriots now.

marks01234
02-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Coaching is a big part of improving but so is game time experience. Kids like Cassell and Willie Parker are few and far between. A lot of high potential guys won't be good enough initially to make an NFL roster despite there limitless potential.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
02-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Joe McKnight should have gone to LSU.

Zyro_1014
02-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Joe McKnight should have gone to LSU.

But he didnt......sucks huh? decided to go to the school that produces the players like Reggie.....

RWFender1
02-21-2007, 10:52 PM
mcknight is going to light it up at SC

Man_Of_Steel
02-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Might be better off going somewhere with less of a stacked backfield. Teams like Louisville, VT and WV are all great programs that these guys would def play and get exposed.

WildDude
02-27-2007, 09:45 PM
But he didnt......sucks huh? decided to go to the school that produces the players like Reggie.....

IDK i mean LSU is pretty stacked too but Mcknight woulda def played more there... Keiland Williams looks like the real deal although most of the guys in their backfield Graduated but they always seem to stack up

sweetness34
02-28-2007, 12:05 AM
mcknight is going to light it up at SC

Oh I don't doubt it. Just make sure he doesn't get caught.