PDA

View Full Version : Kris Jenkins fined 7,500 for hit on Manning

ripdw27
11-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Kris Jenkins was fined 7,500 for hitting Peyton Manning as he was throwing the ball, then after the ball was released, "drove" him to the ground..

thats bogus, qbs are way to protected. granted they typically are the most important player on the team, but they should be able to take a hit. Manning is 6'5, 230 pounds, imagine what its like for a 5'11, 190 pound receiver to get laid out by a much bigger linebacker(when hes not even looking) and not get a fine, much less a penalty. i saw the hit on Manning, and really Jenkins just kinda wrapped him up n fell on him, but foxsports claimed it was "driving his shoulder into the ground". i can understand the 15 yard roughin the passer penalty, but i dont think it was neccesary for a fine. i mean seriously are they gonna fine people every time they get a roughing the passer penalty??

well what do you guys think about this matter

neko4
11-03-2007, 03:01 PM
I didnt see it, but manning is playing this week so its a pretty big fine for the hit

Michigan
11-03-2007, 03:08 PM
honestly, thats pathetic. the league is WAY too protective of qbs. if you don't want to get hit, don't play in the NFL.

Cunit2k7
11-03-2007, 05:30 PM
he got the fine because it was peyton manning. that was like maybe 2 years ago there was speculation that mike peterson (correct me if im wrong) LB for the jaguars didnt make the pro bowl because he had a late hit on peyton manning on national television.

Mr. Stiller
11-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Kris Jenkins was fined 7,500 for hitting Peyton Manning as he was throwing the ball, then after the ball was released, "drove" him to the ground..

thats bogus, qbs are way to protected. granted they typically are the most important player on the team, but they should be able to take a hit. Manning is 6'5, 230 pounds, imagine what its like for a 5'11, 190 pound receiver to get laid out by a much bigger linebacker(when hes not even looking) and not get a fine, much less a penalty. i saw the hit on Manning, and really Jenkins just kinda wrapped him up n fell on him, but foxsports claimed it was "driving his shoulder into the ground". i can understand the 15 yard roughin the passer penalty, but i dont think it was neccesary for a fine. i mean seriously are they gonna fine people every time they get a roughing the passer penalty??

well what do you guys think about this matter

Where was that fine 2 years ago on Terrell Suggs on a Ben Roethlisberger LATE HIT?

Or Last year in Atlanta on Roethlisberger?

http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20061024pd_bigbenhit1024_450.jpg

????

If there's a late hit on any QB other than Manning/Brady it's not a big deal.

Not to mention the Hit on Roethlisberger in Denver. 5 guys all had him and "Drove him to the ground 2+ seconds after the whistle was blown."

I'm sorry.. Just after all the free shots people get on Ben I can't see how they don't enforce this league-wide.

I'm of the belief... It's fineable for Manning, it should be fineable for any other QB that gets hit.

Shane P. Hallam
11-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Where was that fine 2 years ago on Terrell Suggs on a Ben Roethlisberger LATE HIT?

????

Not to mention the Hit on Roethlisberger in Denver. 5 guys all had him and "Drove him to the ground 2+ seconds after the whistle was blown."

I'm sorry.. Just after all the free shots people get on Ben I can't see how they don't enforce this league-wide.

I'm of the belief... It's fineable for Manning, it should be fineable for any other QB that gets hit.

Who cares really. A fine means nothing, Roethlisberger is a big bouy, he can handle it.

BigJohn98
11-03-2007, 08:31 PM
That's what you get for touching Jughead. I hope New England breaks Manning in half tomorrow.

Mr. Stiller
11-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Who cares really. A fine means nothing, Roethlisberger is a big bouy, he can handle it.

I'm aware.

The fact remains, if you're going to call it for 1 QB, call it for all of them.

Ben is 10 lbs heavier than Manning. Peyton is a big boy and should handle his hits.

My point is merely, if they're going to protect Manning and Brady, who of which Barely get touched or sacked, they should protect other QB's as well.

I'm tired of Seeing Ben take unwarranted hits with no reprecussion while those two barely get touched and there's a 15 yard penalty and a fine.

Vikes99ej
11-03-2007, 08:49 PM

Who cares. Big Ben sux.

Mr. Stiller
11-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Who cares. Big Ben sux.

I don't get all the Ben hate.

BlindSite
11-04-2007, 12:39 AM
He had a hold of manning and was throwing him when manning released a pass. Not really deliberate.

kwilk103
11-04-2007, 01:29 AM
if manning goes down, who would do all the commercials?

BuckNaked
11-04-2007, 01:32 AM
I don't get all the Ben hate.

Well, he's obviously no Tarvaris Jackson.

PACKmanN
11-04-2007, 08:30 AM
if manning goes down, who would do all the commercials?

Jim Sorgi...

Ravens1991
11-04-2007, 08:55 AM

????

Are you talking about that T-sizzle hit Big Bens rookie season, I believe he got fined for that.

Mr. Stiller
11-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Are you talking about that T-sizzle hit Big Bens rookie season, I believe he got fined for that.

I believe it was 05 because Ben missed a few games from the hit, so I know it wasn't his rookie season.

But yeah there's quite a few missed RTP Calls against every QB not named Brady/Manning.

Jvig43
11-04-2007, 11:22 AM
i just watched it on espn, and i think the fine is legit, Manning had released the ball for a good two seconds, plus jenkins didnt just hit him, he grabbed on to him and drove him into the ground, it wasnt like a minor bump. i hate how the NFL is throwing out these fines like candy, but this one was obviously a late hit.

wogitalia
11-08-2007, 01:56 AM
QB is way over protected. Fining is beyond excessive, most of the roughing the passer calls are just pathetic, never mind fining them.

stephenson86
11-08-2007, 03:16 AM

????

big ben is the NFLs equivelent of the jay leno tank car

Race for the Heisman
11-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Jenkins slammed him to the ground after the ball was released, it's a legit fine by me. Maybe it needs to be enforced on other quarterbacks as well but the majority seems to believe it should be no call whereas I believe in the legitimacy of the fine.

DeathbyStat
11-09-2007, 08:50 AM

It should have at least been a penalty

Don Vito
11-09-2007, 09:19 AM
I mean you could tell it was intentional but it really shouldn't matter, QBs are way too over protected. If this isn't viewed as that big of a deal I don't see how Wilfork's on Losman hit was dirty, Jenkins picked Manning up and dropped him and could have busted his back/shoulder/given him a concussion. I know Wilfork went for the knee and plays for NE, but there is no denying the fact that what Jenkins did was intentional.