PDA

View Full Version : Adarius Bowman

kwilk103
11-03-2007, 08:57 PM
whats everyone's opinion on him? he seems to have a good combo of size/speed

i know he had a problem at unc (weed, right?); i would love it dallas drafted him with one of their 1st rounders

HoopsDemon12
11-03-2007, 08:59 PM
I personally love bowmans skill set. Sure he isnt the fastest guy but he is a beast in the redzone and a load to take down. He has pretty good hands and uses his body well to shield the DB's form the ball. If he falls to buffalos second round pick i want him so badly.

NYGibril28
11-03-2007, 09:00 PM
He's been clean since arriving at OKST. I too really like his potential. Easily the best Senior WR in my opinion. Not that far behind DeSean and Malcolm Kelley. Like most WR's coming out of college, will need to refine his route running. Character problems will be brought up in his interviews, and it's up to him to show everybody he's on track now.

Comparison: Poor man's Plaxico Burress.

kwilk103
11-03-2007, 09:11 PM
mid-late 1st rounder?

NYGibril28
11-03-2007, 09:12 PM
As of now, yes. Most people would agree I think.

HoopsDemon12
11-03-2007, 09:15 PM
mid-late 1st rounder?

ya.. he may and probably will fall to the begining of the second i think just because there are a lot of good corners, dlineman and offfensive lineman.. depending on who declares i could see him slippin.. Puz-esque

NYGibril28
11-03-2007, 09:17 PM
ya.. he may and probably will fall to the begining of the second i think just because there are a lot of good corners, dlineman and offfensive lineman.. depending on who declares i could see him slippin.. Puz-esque

Good point. I think because the draft is so strong at other positions in the mid to late first, he may fall to the early part of the second. Teams like Buffalo or San Francisco would find it hard to pass on him though. Mid-2nd at worst I believe.

Man_Of_Steel
11-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Im not as high on him as most. I say with the cluster of WR talent, no one seperating hes a second rounder.

HoopsDemon12
11-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Good point. I think because the draft is so strong at other positions in the mid to late first, he may fall to the early part of the second. Teams like Buffalo or San Francisco would find it hard to pass on him though. Mid-2nd at worst I believe.

ya especailyl wiht teams enamoured with Doucet, Kelly and Jackson i could see him being a steal.. i think he moves up with sweeds injury though

Babylon
11-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Big 12 is loaded with wr talent.

D-Unit
11-03-2007, 09:48 PM
whats everyone's opinion on him? he seems to have a good combo of size/speed

i know he had a problem at unc (weed, right?); i would love it dallas drafted him with one of their 1st rounders
Dallas needs a guy that can burn down the sidelines. For that reason, I don't want them to draft Bowman unless he shows that he has that capability.

HoopsDemon12
11-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Dallas needs a guy that can burn down the sidelines. For that reason, I don't want them to draft Bowman unless he shows that he has that capability.

i woudl think desean jackson or james hardy if you want deep threats

Paranoidmoonduck
11-03-2007, 09:52 PM
I actually really like Bowman. He's got a great frame, good maneuverability considering his size, makes great adjustments to the ball in mid-air, is very physical with corners, and has a solid pair of hands.

Of course, you never know how the draft stocks will shake out and how valuable wideouts will be as a general commodity, but I think Bowman might have a shot at being a top 20 pick.

D-Unit
11-03-2007, 09:52 PM
i woudl think desean jackson or james hardy if you want deep threats
Only if they fall to us in Round 2.

FA WRs >>>>> Drafted WRs.

HoopsDemon12
11-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Only if they fall to us in Round 2.

FA WRs >>>>> Drafted WRs.

i agree with that in some respects... the later the get or dont get drafted.. the more drive they usally have. Although if you need a good deep threat.. you will have to draft one prolly.. cause these gusy have potential to be more .

BroadwayJoe10
11-03-2007, 10:36 PM
how about the resurgent play of mario manningham the last few games? does anybody think he comes out this year? Preseason I thought he was a lock to come out, than as i saw him struggle (as did the whole team) and now I feel if he plays out like he has been the last few games and with a solid combine he could be inthe mix with some of the guys mentioned above.

keylime_5
11-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Teams are picky about their WRs. I can see Bowman falling to the mid second ala Dwayne Jarrett or Sidney Rice.

zCaddyz
11-04-2007, 08:59 AM
bowman reminds me of brandon marshell the wr form denver big dude who can get yac

Solomon
11-04-2007, 11:52 AM
how about the resurgent play of mario manningham the last few games? does anybody think he comes out this year? Preseason I thought he was a lock to come out, than as i saw him struggle (as did the whole team) and now I feel if he plays out like he has been the last few games and with a solid combine he could be inthe mix with some of the guys mentioned above.

I think Manningham if he comes out will be the top available WR, sure he struggled in a few games within the first month. but over the last 6 weeks he's been consistantly spectacular. He missed the game against Eastern Michigan but over his last five games he's combined for 8 TDs and hasn't had a game with less than 5 catches or 109 receiving yards and has scored in very game. He needs to add some weight and get stronger but the rest of his game is very well rounded.