PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Avril DE/OLB

Paul
11-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Maybe it's just my market, but every week the boilermakers are always on. But I have to say every time I see them, Avril has looked very good. Especially today, where he looked really active. Now we all know the lineage of great pass rushers from Purdue, but how does he stack with some of the other hybrid guys coming out this year.

bruschis4all
11-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Maybe it's just my market, but every week the boilermakers are always on. But I have to say every time I see them, Avril has looked very good. Especially today, where he looked really active. Now we all know the lineage of great pass rushers from Purdue, but how does he stack with some of the other hybrid guys coming out this year.

Haven't seen much of Purdue. But, I watched the PSU/Purdue game today also. Was impressed with him. I think he'd fit 3-4 scheme very well. Pats are getting old at lb and have to start drafting some youngsters. Of course, I've said the same thing about their last 3-4 drafts. And, Belichick refuses to listen to me. What an idiot.

tylerb929
11-05-2007, 03:27 PM
The Chargers, Cowboys, and patriots all have a Purdue LBs, not sure where he fits in compared to the others. As far as a prospect he's probably on par with Rosevelt Colvin, Shaun Phillips, and Akin Ayodele but not as highly rated as Anthony Spencer coming out of college. Of course thats all relative though as it seems 3-4 lbs are in higher demand now. Avril has played some downs standing up and looks good in doing so, he's very intense and is always around the ball trying to makes sacks, INTs, and Fumbles. I think a lot of where he ends up is going to be based on what he does at the combine, what ever he does in the season will only prove his pass rush ability, its when he's at the combine doing the LB/Coverage drills that his stock is going to rise or fall the most from here on out.