PDA

View Full Version : Felix Jones

truth393
11-04-2007, 10:21 AM
I think he's the 2nd overall RB in this draft class. He should be rank a head of Steve Slaton, and at times he out perform DMC. This RB tandem (DMC, Felix Jones) should be rank up there with the Reggie Bush and LenDale White.

Iamcanadian
11-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Jones in all likelyhood won't declare. He'll use next season to showcase his talent as the lead back for Arkansas. If he comes out this season, he's probably a 2nd rounder at best. He still has to prove he can be a feature RB.

Cashmoney
11-04-2007, 04:17 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14218&highlight=felix+jones

dcarey20
11-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Jones in all likelyhood won't declare. He'll use next season to showcase his talent as the lead back for Arkansas. If he comes out this season, he's probably a 2nd rounder at best. He still has to prove he can be a feature RB.

Jones can easily be a first rounder if he comes out this year, I don't know where you got 2nd rounder at best. Even with being behind DMac, scouts know how talented Jones is. He's a top 20 talent and can easily be a first rounder if he comes out.

bearsfan_51
11-04-2007, 04:20 PM

That's ******* ridiculous. A 2nd rounder at best? People know who Felix Jones is. It's the same as Ronnie Brown at Auburn and Lendale White at USC. You don't need to be the primary back for NFL teams to respect your value.

The draft next year is weak overall, but I'm not sure it's worse off at runningback, especially if Chris Wells declares, which he will.

GB12
11-04-2007, 04:26 PM

I wan't him in the first round for the Packers.

Smokey Joe
11-04-2007, 05:00 PM
That's ******* ridiculous. A 2nd rounder at best? People know who Felix Jones is. It's the same as Ronnie Brown at Auburn and Lendale White at USC. You don't need to be the primary back for NFL teams to respect your value.

The draft next year is weak overall, but I'm not sure it's worse off at runningback, especially if Chris Wells declares, which he will.
Where do you think Chris Wells goes if he declares?

Shiver
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
I think Felix Jones is much better than Steve Slaton, and it isn't even close in my estimation.

Smokey Joe
11-04-2007, 05:26 PM
I think Felix Jones is much better than Steve Slaton, and it isn't even close in my estimation.
same here.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-04-2007, 05:29 PM
I wan't him in the first round for the Packers.
Yeah like the Packers need another RB. :rollseyes:

oldLibid21
11-04-2007, 05:30 PM
how about jonathan stewart?

truth393
11-04-2007, 05:57 PM

Chris Wells is a sophmore, he isn't eligible this year.

BuddyCHRIST
11-04-2007, 07:08 PM
they were talking about next year, regardless he should declare. The carrying the load thing isn't much of a question mark for NFL teams, he still gets a good amount of carries. Plus the NFL is a 2 back league right now anyways. But coming out now as a true junior he has so much less wear than most backs do when they come out.

bearsfan_51
11-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Chris Wells is a sophmore, he isn't eligible this year.

By next year I meant next draft, not calender year.

In regards to Smokey's question, it's obviously VERY early, and it depends on who is drafting, but I think Wells could easily be a top 5 pick in what looks to be a weak draft.

superfly69
11-04-2007, 11:02 PM
I would be surprised is Jones declared. He has 1st round talent no question and probably would go there if he declares, if he has a big workout. But with a monster senior year he could be like McFadden and go in the top 5.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
11-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Thanks for posting this, I like Jones a lot.

I would say he goes top two rounds, easy. I would say first round for sure, but this running back class should be real deep.

If he runs a good 40, I would bet a paycheck he goes in the 1st round. And if I were him, I would declare, no question. No way I would gamble on an injury.

SchizophrenicBatman
11-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Something tells me NFL teams aren't too concerned about RBs "carrying the load" in college. If anything, they'd want the opposite. Addai never broke 200 carries in college, neither did Ronnie Brown.

Geo
11-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Jones, on 363 total carries thus far, has a collegiate career average of 7.77 yards per carry. He's the active career leader in that regard. (http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/career/careerRush112.html) Fairly impressive, I think.

Crow
11-05-2007, 01:15 AM
If he declares, and somehow falls into the 20s, teams at the top of Rd2 will be killing themselves trying to trade up. The kid can ball.

The only real concern I'd have would be the possibility that he's the next Michael Bennett. I don't believe he will be, but one has to take into account that he's mostly a speed guy. I doubt he'll break many tackles at the next level.

Still, the guy is a homerun hitter. A pre-injury Clinton Portis, maybe.

Mr. Anderson
11-05-2007, 02:25 PM
I could see him ending up in Dallas. I know JJ wants McFadden, but Cleveland is playing too good for that too happen, so they'll have to "settle" for Jones. His speed would be great with Marion Barber's maniac running style, plus don't forget he's a great Kick returner.

keylime_5
11-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Jones is definitely a first round guy, but in this year's draft I don't see more than 3 RBs going in the first round. Who knows what could happen in 5 months time, but I think McFadden, Stewart, and possibly Slaton will all have to be taken before Jones goes, but if the NFL teams see what I see then Jones would be gone before Slaton. Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle and possibly the Jets and Giants all might take a RB first round, but one of those teams probably will sign Turner and some won't be looking for a RB in round 1 (namely the Giants).

BamaFalcon59
11-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Personally he reminds me of a less physical Jerious Norwood. He runs very similar as far as always looking inside on runs rather than the sideline, possesses great speed and vision, and can kick return.

diabsoule
11-06-2007, 09:38 PM
In my opinion he's the second best running back behind Darren McFadden if he would declare. After McFadden and Jones it's Slaton but there's a big gap between the first two and then the next one.

A guy who I really like is Justin Forsett out of Cal. I think he'll be much better than his draft position indicates.