PDA

View Full Version : Can Anthony Smith become a leader on Defence?

Jakey
11-04-2007, 11:33 AM
I know Polamalu, Farrior and Casey etc...are all great players and lead by example, but i think we need a player with more of a fiery, agressive temprement to be a leader on Defence. Everything i've seen from Anthony Smith i.e his energy, passion and enthusiasm. Has made me think that he could be a leader in years to come...He just needs to grow abit more. Whats your thoughts on this???

Also i thought Brett Kiesel is a possible leader, i've seen interviews with him...and he seems like a really cool, high character guy.

DeathbyStat
11-04-2007, 02:51 PM
If he keeps hitting people as hard as he has been he will lead by example. But to be a true leader to needs to cut down on the stupid penalties such as personal foul penalties and penalties for excesive celabration.

mikehop05
11-04-2007, 06:26 PM
i dont think he'll be looked at asa leader... but i think he'll be feared by receivers all over the leauge

Mr. Stiller
11-04-2007, 07:34 PM
I Think Clark and Polamalu are better leaders.

I'm thinking we should play a 3-safety 3-LB Look against the Patriots.

Take away Haggans and run a 3-3-5 or 4-2-5 look most of the game.

Use Troy as a Rover/LB and Smith/Clark as the 2-deep safeties.

After watching the Indy-NE game, Clark and Smith could outplay Bethea and Sanders, not to mention Troy would be our "Gary Brackett" and We need Woodley to rush a lot.

Man_Of_Steel
11-04-2007, 07:36 PM
I think Clark will be a momentum guy as opposed to a leader.