19. Boise State 8-1 372
20. Clemson 7-2 340
21. Alabama 6-3 335
22. Tennessee 6-3 245
23. Virginia 8-2 212
24. California 6-3 127
25. Kentucky 6-3 127
Others Receiving Votes
Florida State 89, Cincinnati 68, Brigham Young 44, Penn State 38, Illinois 27, Arkansas 20, Wisconsin 12, South Florida 11, Wake Forest 8, South Carolina 6, Purdue 3, TROY 1.
Dropped From Rankings
South Florida 20, Wake Forest 21.

OregonDucks
11-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Ducks better get national title game.

bearsfan_51
11-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Ducks better get national title game.
No team with a loss has a right to complain.

RockJock07
11-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Ducks needs help. If LSU and OSU win out, the ducks go the Rose Bowl. Which would be disappointing for the Ducks considering their recent run, but LSU has been playing with fire the past couple weeks, i wouldn't be surprised to see them lose. I think Ohio State is just too good to lose.

adschofield
11-04-2007, 04:39 PM
I have a feeling that OSU will lose to Michigan and LSU will lose in the SEC Championship Game...My NC prediction: Oregon vs. Oklahoma

adschofield
11-04-2007, 04:45 PM
The top 10 in the BCS per Fox

1. OSU
2. LSU
3. Oregon
4. Kansas
5. Oklahoma
6. West Virginia
7. Missouri
8. Boston College
9. Arizona State
10. Georgia

RockJock07
11-04-2007, 04:56 PM
It's more likely that LSU loses, I think OSU is as close to a lock as there can be. Their defense is just so sick. LSU might have a better defense, but the lack of quality, consistant QB play may cost them a game before the season is up.

Also, how does Kansas move over Oklahoma? Props to the Big 12 for having 3 teams in top 10.

jballa838
11-04-2007, 04:57 PM
It's more likely that LSU loses, I think OSU is as close to a lock as there can be. Their defense is just so sick. LSU might have a better defense, but the lack of quality, consistant QB play may cost them a game before the season is up.

Also, how does Kansas move over Oklahoma? Props to the Big 12 for having 3 teams in top 10.
by scoring 70+ plus points

draftguru151
11-04-2007, 05:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

BCS is out. Hawaii dropped 2 spots, D is gonna be pissed.

adschofield
11-04-2007, 05:32 PM

Wow...I thought that the computers loved undefeated teams, but Hawaii's computer ranking is lower than it is in both human polls.

Also, I think OSU will lose to Michigan, because that is essentially Michigan's national championship...their season had been ruined since week 1, and they will go all out to ruin OSU's season at the Big House

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-04-2007, 05:33 PM

ASU should be 5 or 6.They only lost to Oregon.

eazyb81
11-04-2007, 05:57 PM
The top 10 in the BCS per Fox

1. OSU
2. LSU
3. Oregon
4. Kansas
5. Oklahoma
6. West Virginia
7. Missouri
8. Boston College
9. Arizona State
10. Georgia

Missouri is 6th in the BCS, not 7th.

This is setting up for the Big 12 champ to have a say in who plays in the NC game, as the winner will have a huge win to put on the resume at the end of the season (and MU or KU could have two huge wins in a row to close it out).

bearsfan_51
11-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Missouri is 6th in the BCS, not 7th.

This is setting up for the Big 12 champ to have a say in who plays in the NC game, as the winner will have a huge win to put on the resume at the end of the season (and MU or KU could have two huge wins in a row to close it out).

Whoever wins the Big 12 is going to need OSU/LSU and/or Oregon to lose. There's no way they're jumping any of them if they remain undefeated.

The only exception might be Kansas, as they could theoretically jump them in the human polls if they remain undefeated.

saintsfan912
11-04-2007, 06:28 PM
How is OSU too good? What proof of that do you have of that? I mean they have played some real juggernauts this year and all.

bearsfan_51
11-04-2007, 06:58 PM
How is OSU too good? What proof of that do you have of that? I mean they have played some real juggernauts this year and all.
Are you talking to me? Assuming that you are, Ohio State has been #1 in the polls for about 3-4 weeks now. If they finish undefeated they will very likely be the only BCS team to do so. If they win out they are in. Period.

And for proof of that, the computers rank them number 1, numero uno, the big cheese. This is before they play Michigan. So....when you're #1 in the polls, and #1 in the computers....you're not going anywhere.

eazyb81
11-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Whoever wins the Big 12 is going to need OSU/LSU and/or Oregon to lose. There's no way they're jumping any of them if they remain undefeated.

The only exception might be Kansas, as they could theoretically jump them in the human polls if they remain undefeated.

Eh, I'm not ready to make a definitive statement like that yet.

I could certainly see a scenario where a KU or MU could vault past a team ahead of them by beating two top 5 BCS teams in a row to close the season. Both KU and MU leaped past WVU despite the fact they didn't play this week.

bearsfan_51
11-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Eh, I'm not ready to make a definitive statement like that yet.

I could certainly see a scenario where a KU or MU could vault past a team ahead of them by beating two top 5 BCS teams in a row to close the season. Both KU and MU leaped past WVU despite the fact they didn't play this week.

The computers really don't like Oklahoma and Missouri though. They aren't going to jump them in the human polls unless they lose, and I don't think they'll make the difference in the computer rankings, no matter who they beat. The math just isn't there. The difference between West Virginia and LSU is huge.

eazyb81
11-04-2007, 07:12 PM
The computers really don't like Oklahoma and Missouri though. They aren't going to jump them in the human polls unless they lose, and I don't think they'll make the difference in the computer rankings, no matter who they beat. The math just isn't there. The difference between West Virginia and LSU is huge.

Didn't Oregon just jump past OU despite the fact OU didn't lose? Sure, Oregon played a good game and beat a highly-ranked opponent, but that's exactly what would happen in my previous example.

Am I saying this will happen? No. But it's certainly a possibility.

BuddyCHRIST
11-04-2007, 07:14 PM
LSU deserves the number 2 spot, their schedule has been brutal. Even though I would probably take Oregon and Oklahoma over them if they were to play. OSU is number 1 by default, but I think LSU, Oregon and Oklahoma are better teams and would beat them if they played. Too bad OSU won't schedule a decent team OOC so they won't get such an easy rode to the NC game with the crappy Big Ten.

eazyb81
11-04-2007, 07:17 PM
LSU deserves the number 2 spot, their schedule has been brutal. Even though I would probably take Oregon and Oklahoma over them if they were to play. OSU is number 1 by default, but I think LSU, Oregon and Oklahoma are better teams and would beat them if they played. Too bad OSU won't schedule a decent team OOC so they won't get such an easy rode to the NC game with the crappy Big Ten.

Heh, I definitely agree with this. OSU is going to get rolled again in the NC game. You gotta hand it to them for taking care of business, but I think LSU, Oregon, and OU are all more talented.

D-Unit
11-04-2007, 07:46 PM

I'm not pissed. I'll be pissed if we're undefeated and not in the Top 12. No time to worry right now.

Iamcanadian
11-04-2007, 08:16 PM
I don't think there is any way that the BCS isn't going to screw at least 6-8 one loss teams in deciding who gets into the NC game. If this doesn't bring about an extended playoff which includes at least 4 playoff teams, your never going to see the playoffs come about.
Don't be surprised if we have 2 teams share the title as national champions as we had with USC and LSU because no one game will positively give us a true National Champion.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-04-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't get it UVA was ranked 2 spots above Clemson before Saturday, UVA beats a top ACC team in Wake, Clemson beats Duke, and Clemson jumps UVA 5 spots, strange. UVA's win against UCONN the only team to beat them is much more impressive than any Clemson win.

Iamcanadian
11-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Heh, I definitely agree with this. OSU is going to get rolled again in the NC game. You gotta hand it to them for taking care of business, but I think LSU, Oregon, and OU are all more talented.

Last year I predicted that Florida had an excellent chance to upset Ohio St. and even blow them out. Florida had a huge emotional edge in the game with everybody telling their players that they didn't deserve to be in the game, would get slaughtered by Ohio St. and that the SEC was a step below the Big 10. After hearing that for 2 months, I believed that Ohio St. wouldn't stand much of a chance in last year's NCG.
Guess what, this year Ohio St. will have a huge emotional advantage no matter who they play and if it is LSU, there is no way they will lose. Expect Ohio St. to blow anybody away in the NCG this year. For 2 months leading up to the NCG, all they will hear is that they are inferior and don't even deserve to be in the game, that the Big 10 is overrated and their schedule stunk. Finally they are going to hear that they have absolutely no chance to win the game and their coaches will also remind them that they were embarrassed last year against Florida. I actually feel sorry for the team that has to play them just like I felt sorry for Ohio St. last year. It's going to be an Ohio St. blowout, it won't really matter who is the superior team not with that kind of emotional edge.

Iamcanadian
11-04-2007, 08:32 PM
I don't get it UVA was ranked 2 spots above Clemson before Saturday, UVA beats a top ACC team in Wake, Clemson beats Duke, and Clemson jumps UVA 5 spots, strange. UVA's win against UCONN the only team to beat them is much more impressive than any Clemson win.

I'm still trying to figure out how Georgia jumped 10 spots for beating an overrated Florida. Heck Troy gave Georgia a hell of a game yesterday and they still stayed #10. ???????

saintsfan912
11-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Are you talking to me? Assuming that you are, Ohio State has been #1 in the polls for about 3-4 weeks now. If they finish undefeated they will very likely be the only BCS team to do so. If they win out they are in. Period.

And for proof of that, the computers rank them number 1, numero uno, the big cheese. This is before they play Michigan. So....when you're #1 in the polls, and #1 in the computers....you're not going anywhere.

I was replying to whoever said OSU was unbeatable.

BuddyCHRIST
11-04-2007, 10:30 PM
this emotional edge thing is overrated, that matters for about the first play. Then it comes down to your physical skills, your intelligence, how well your being coached. UF was a faster team last year, and mixed with physical skill and the worst, most arrogant coaching performance I've ever seen by Jim Tressel, OSU got beat. Emotion won't win a football game, and its even less of a factor on a neutral field.

saintsfan912
11-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Especially a neutral field like New Orleans when LSU plays in the NC game. It would be very very hard to beat LSU in the Super Dome for the national championship.

Iamcanadian
11-05-2007, 02:06 AM
this emotional edge thing is overrated, that matters for about the first play. Then it comes down to your physical skills, your intelligence, how well your being coached. UF was a faster team last year, and mixed with physical skill and the worst, most arrogant coaching performance I've ever seen by Jim Tressel, OSU got beat. Emotion won't win a football game, and its even less of a factor on a neutral field.

You must be very young. Emotion can negative talent every time. Anybody who has coached or even played has experienced it many times over. Normally both teams are emotionally charged for a big game and emotion is balanced but sometimes one team is looked at as a serious underdog in a big game and gains the upper hand emotionally, it happens all the time in football and lasts far beyond the 1st play.
I remember a Rose Bowl game many years ago when Ohio St. was very high in the rankings and was playing a 3 loss team from Stanford if I remember right. On paper it should have been a slaughter but as each team ran out on the field before the game started, I saw the 1st Stanford player run out and he was so emotionally charged, he turned around and tried seriously to tackle the rest of his teammates and I thought to myself that just maybe this was going to be a much harder game for Ohio St. that I, a Big 10 fan, had envisioned. Sure enough, Ohio St. never had a chance in the game and got dominated by Stanford. Years later when I became a coach I soon learned that emotion can cancel talent quite easily in the right situation.
Like I said, most times emotion is canceled out in big games but sometimes the situation sets up one team to have a huge emotional edge in a game. Why do you think HC's tell their players to keep their mouths closed leading up to a big game, because they know for a fact that an emotional edge can be decisive in a game?
Last year's NCG was a perfect example of Florida having an absolute huge emotional edge over Ohio St. Urban Meyer had to fight to even get his team into the game and practically everybody said Florida didn't stand a chance. you can bet money that Meyer posted all those clippings about Ohio St. slaughtering them, about Florida not belonging on the same field as Ohio St., and that the SEC was an inferior conference to the Big 10. You can also bet that Urban reminded his players of those clippings every chance he could. If you don' think that played a major roll in the outcome then I have to assume you are too young to realize just how powerful an emotional edge is in a game.

BuddyCHRIST
11-05-2007, 05:52 AM
No I'm not very young and my age is completely irrelevant. Your completely overrating emotion, for every example you have of a less talented team beating a more talented team, theres 15 examples for an underdog being fired up as crap, but the second the game started being completely overwhelmed. The UF game v OSU is a perfect example, the first kick off OSU returned back for a TD...man UF really came fired up to start the game huh? UF then methodically drove down the field and scored, its not like UF was making big plays and using this "emotional edge" they had a 10x better game plan than OSU as OSU appeared to never watch any film of UF and just try to do their same old thing and think they could out play them. While UF used a gameplan that attacked OSU's weaknesses and it worked perfectly. Emotion sounds good and all leading up to a game, but when you start hitting, its all moot point. It all comes down to coaching after that point, and to a lesser extent talent.

RockJock07
11-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I was replying to whoever said OSU was unbeatable.

That was me. For the record, i never said they are unbeatable, but they are as close to a sure thing as you can get. LSU and OSU are very similar. But LSU loses out in two areas, QB play and coaching. arguable the two most important areas.

If they meet in the NC game, yes most of the crowd will be LSU fans, but i don't think that will matter to OSU, they don't let that kind of stuff bother them. They play in the big house every other year and don't let that bother them.

I think OSU would win in a close one. The only problem i would see is the OSU secondary covering the LSU beast WR. But with the pressure that OSU is able to bring, i don't think Flynn would have any time to find those guys.

gstock05
11-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Especially a neutral field like New Orleans when LSU plays in the NC game. It would be very very hard to beat LSU in the Super Dome for the national championship.

Even if it is LSU fan territory, the superdome is still going to be half Buckeye fans, thus making the home field advantage thing irrelevant.

saintsfan912
11-05-2007, 07:23 PM
It sure as hell wasn't half Oklahoma fans in 03.

BrownsTown
11-05-2007, 08:10 PM
It sure as hell wasn't half Oklahoma fans in 03.

It helped the Oklahoma sucked. And had lost to Kansas State last week of the season.

saintsfan912
11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Wasn't our fault we had to play them. We would have been glad to welcome USC.

BrownsTown
11-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Wasn't our fault we had to play them. We would have been glad to welcome USC.

Not saying it was, I was saying that's why the crowds didn't matter since LSU was by far the better team that year.

saintsfan912
11-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh I gotcha.

Iamcanadian
11-05-2007, 11:58 PM
No I'm not very young and my age is completely irrelevant. Your completely overrating emotion, for every example you have of a less talented team beating a more talented team, theres 15 examples for an underdog being fired up as crap, but the second the game started being completely overwhelmed. The UF game v OSU is a perfect example, the first kick off OSU returned back for a TD...man UF really came fired up to start the game huh? UF then methodically drove down the field and scored, its not like UF was making big plays and using this "emotional edge" they had a 10x better game plan than OSU as OSU appeared to never watch any film of UF and just try to do their same old thing and think they could out play them. While UF used a gameplan that attacked OSU's weaknesses and it worked perfectly. Emotion sounds good and all leading up to a game, but when you start hitting, its all moot point. It all comes down to coaching after that point, and to a lesser extent talent.

You didn't read my post fully. I said that more often than not, emotion is canceled out in most games because teams have nothing to use to give their team an emotional edge.
It's funny because when I posted last year that Ohio St, could get blown out by Florida due to Florida having a huge emotional edge in the game, the Ohio St fans thought there is no way that Tressel would allow that to happen. Unfortunately when the situation happens where one team has a huge emotional advantage, HC's usually are not able to stop the upset no matter what they do.
Your argument that Ohio St. didn't study game film on Florida is rather ridiculous. Florida didn't have a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball yet their offense dominated Ohio St.'s defense, why??? Florida did have a very good defense nevertheless, Ohio St's offense was hardly talentless. 2 first round draft picks, and 2 or 3 day 1 draft picks yet they could do absolutely nothing against Florida. So talent alone cannot answer the question of why the game was a complete blowout. I also don't think your going to find anybody who thinks Tressel is a poor coach.
I suppose when West Virginia blew your conference Champion Georgia away 2 years ago in a Bowl game with a freshman QB and RB, it proved that the Big East Champion and their conference was superior to the SEC. I suggest that West Virginia simply had a huge emotional edge in the game because absolutely nobody thought they could beat Georgia.
You also haven't answered the question of why HC's insist that their players don't give the other team ammunition before a game if emotion only last through the 1st snap of the ball???