PDA

View Full Version : USC: factory for the nfl

JoeMontainya
02-12-2007, 07:42 PM
looking at usc's roster i cant but help to think of how many of these guys will go to the nfl, here are some of them.(not including incoming freshman)

j.d. booty qb - late round pick/free agent

mark sanchez qb - if he ever gets to play, could be special - day 1 pick

chauncy washington/cj gable/emanuel moody - rb's - day 2 picks at best

patrick turner/videl hazelton - wr's - both are mike williams/dwayne jareett clones - day 1 pick

fred davis - te - fast for his size and position - day 2 pick at the least

sam baker - ot - top 10 pick

drew radovich/chilo rachel - og's - similiar to fred matua and duece lutei - day 2 picks at best

jeff byers - og/c - if he ever plays to his potential could be real good - at best, second round, at worst, undrafted

lawrence jackson - de - needs to rebound from bad year - day 1 pick

sedrick ellis - dt - a solid player who does his job - day 1 pick

kieth rivers - lb - a key member of the best lb's in the nation - day 1 pick

ray manulaga/brian cushing - lb's - big time guys who are freaks - first round

terrell thomas - cb - like the guys who came before him, will be picked late and do decent in the NFL - day 2 pick

taylor mays - s - this kid could be special, real special - day 1 pick

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Emmanuel Moody is a Day 1 pick, if not round 1...

JoeMontainya
02-12-2007, 07:46 PM
hes never going to get the chance to show the scouts what hes got, there is too much talent at usc trying to get on the field

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-12-2007, 08:01 PM
JDB is a day one pick.

soybean
02-12-2007, 08:06 PM
there are SOOO many usc threads. im not bashin you, im just sayin.

KCJ58
02-12-2007, 08:50 PM
how can u say CJ gable is a 2nd day pick at best hes a freshman and he tor it up

JoeMontainya
02-12-2007, 09:03 PM
umm he he had 400 yds and shared carries with 4 other guys, next year he has to do the same but share with 7 guys including joe mcknight so i garentee his production goes down and that means he wont be as highly regarded as other guys who get more exposure

PackerFan20
02-12-2007, 09:10 PM
umm he he had 400 yds and shared carries with 4 other guys, next year he has to do the same but share with 7 guys including joe mcknight so i garentee his production goes down and that means he wont be as highly regarded as other guys who get more exposure
He might prove himself to be better than the other guys and get to be the #1 RB. Also if I were USC i'd redshirt McKnight. Why waste a year of his career, let him be the starter for a longer period of time.

soybean
02-12-2007, 09:17 PM
how is jdb a late round or undrafted free agent?

yourfavestoner
02-12-2007, 10:21 PM
He might prove himself to be better than the other guys and get to be the #1 RB. Also if I were USC i'd redshirt McKnight. Why waste a year of his career, let him be the starter for a longer period of time.

Because he's too good to keep off the field, especially for a team poised for a National Championship.

snuff
02-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Wow! Stacked. They almost have two first round picks! Michigan's roster looks better in the draft than that....

soybean
02-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Wow! Stacked. They almost have two first round picks! Michigan's roster looks better in the draft than that....

well... his list sucks.

elway777
02-12-2007, 11:16 PM

well... his list sucks.

Seriously, about 70% of USC's starting D will play in the NFL.

RWFender1
02-12-2007, 11:51 PM
do you guys see chauncey washington really going in the 2nd day? if he keeps going at the pace he did last year i dont know that i see him really having an NFL career but at best case scenario i see a day 3 for him

JC the Savior
02-12-2007, 11:52 PM
JDB will not go undrafted. :lol:

soybean
02-13-2007, 12:01 AM
do you guys see chauncey washington really going in the 2nd day? if he keeps going at the pace he did last year i dont know that i see him really having an NFL career but at best case scenario i see a day 3 for him

day 3? I actually see Washington making the nfl. Maybe round 4 (i could be stretching it though considering Darnell Bing went round 4 even with a good workout) I can see him as a third down back, then it'd be up to himself to move up. I just hope he doesn't steal time for the others this year.

RaiderNation
02-13-2007, 12:11 AM
USC!!!!!!!!!!

lol booty will be atleast a 2nd round pick. if raiders dont go qb this year i could see them taking him since kiffin

regoob2
02-13-2007, 05:41 PM
both Boody and Moody, possibly gable, will be day one picks

Zyro_1014
02-13-2007, 07:36 PM

Yeah how did that roster work out for them in the rose bowl tough guy......there will be more 1st round picks than this guy has listed. Go to some michigan thread *****.

snuff
02-13-2007, 07:51 PM

Yeah how did that roster work out for them in the rose bowl tough guy......there will be more 1st round picks than this guy has listed. Go to some michigan thread *****. Then were going to Iowa, Ohio, Indiana, Kansas, Penn., Michigan, Wisconsin, Idaho, and Wyoming. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YAYareaRB
02-13-2007, 07:52 PM

well... his list sucks.

Seriously, about 70% of USC's starting D will play in the NFL.

Rey Maualuga will be a beast in the NFL.

JoeMontainya
02-13-2007, 08:24 PM
i believe i have misphrased the list in a matter that no one sees all the first round picks...these are the first round guys:

sanchez, p.turner, v.hazelton, sam baker, l. jackson, s.ellis, manulaga/cushing...taylor mays

FOR THAT MICHIGAN FAN!

i count 9 here, thats 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9, and all these 9 guys raped ur little wolfs asses, good luck next year without ur defense

snuff
02-13-2007, 08:29 PM
sanchez, p.turner, v.hazelton, sam baker, l. jackson, s.ellis, manulaga/cushing...taylor mays
Let me help you:
sanchez (cant beat out a 2nd rounder), p.turner(slow and done nothing), v.hazelton(has yet to play), sam baker(1), l. jackson(no), s.ellis(no), manulaga/cushing(probably/doubtful)...taylor mays(so overrated and soft no.)

I think that adds up to 1.

JoeMontainya
02-13-2007, 08:34 PM
well i can gather someone hates USC alot...dont lie u do...and alot of these guys im talking about there potential, liek the ones who havent played yet

snuff
02-13-2007, 08:37 PM
well i can gather someone hates USC alot...dont lie u do...and alot of these guys im talking about there potential, liek the ones who havent played yetOk lets do Michigan first round picks by your way.

Chad Henne, Terrance Taylor, Mike Hart, Kevin Grady, Ryan Mallet, Brandon Graham, Donovan Warren, Jake Long, Mario Manningham and Steve Schilling.

And no I don't hate USC. I hate stupid people and stupid topics.

JoeMontainya
02-13-2007, 08:41 PM
if u hate this topic so much, why u post on it in the first place, plus ur not to smart casue my way was no incoming freshman on the list and o ya...henne is not a first round guy, not a 4th round either, somewhere in the middle, but yes hart, long and manni are firsts

snuff
02-13-2007, 08:45 PM
if u hate this topic so much, why u post on it in the first place, plus ur not to smart casue my way was no incoming freshman on the list and o ya...henne is not a first round guy, not a 4th round either, somewhere in the middle, but yes hart, long and manni are firsts Irony.

RWFender1
02-13-2007, 08:50 PM
how can you say ryan mallet is a first round pick when he hasnt even taken a single snap at the college level yet? thats a bit presumptuous

JoeMontainya
02-13-2007, 08:59 PM
thats why i didnt put freshman in my lineup, you dont know how theyll react to the college game

soybean
02-13-2007, 09:00 PM
how can you say ryan mallet is a first round pick when he hasnt even taken a single snap at the college level yet? thats a bit presumptuous

well, it's kind of a double edged sword because we are all proclaiming sanchez to be a consensus overall in a couple years (me included) yet hasnt done anything to justify it.

mpt117
02-13-2007, 09:01 PM
haha geez how could you USC guys forget about S Josh Pinkard, who is on scotts top 5 safetys for next year...

soybean
02-13-2007, 09:04 PM
haha geez how could you USC guys forget about S Josh Pinkard, who is on scotts top 5 safetys for next year...

that defense is stacked, the only liability may be the corners.

JoeMontainya
02-13-2007, 09:10 PM
yea pinkard slipped throw my list..and u can justify sanchez becasue he is in college and coaches have commented on his actual ability not theoretical ability like mallet

RWFender1
02-13-2007, 09:10 PM
i actually DONT think Hart is a first round pick

snuff
02-13-2007, 09:11 PM
i actually DONT think Hart is a first round pick Me either, I was just putting people down that are decent like that other guy.

JoeMontainya
02-13-2007, 09:12 PM
the only reason he wouldnt be is if slaton/d-mac and other top rbs shoot so far ahead of him, hart is a good back

RWFender1
02-13-2007, 09:12 PM
at least sanchez has competed against college level talent...i have seen him at practices, scrimages against USC's first team and a couple times in games this season...i know what you are getting at and you are right to an extent but i havent seen mallet play against any kind of college level competition. signing day way like last week and we are already calling him a first round pick? seems a bit early

JoeMontainya
02-13-2007, 09:14 PM
definately

snuff
02-13-2007, 09:14 PM
at least sanchez has competed against college level talent...i have seen him at practices, scrimages against USC's first team and a couple times in games this season...i know what you are getting at and you are right to an extent but i havent seen mallet play against any kind of college level competition. signing day way like last week and we are already calling him a first round pick? seems a bit earlyMallet has been in Michigan for a month and he played the AA game vs College talent.

Also the talent in the AA > the talent Sanchez passes on most the time. :D

RWFender1
02-13-2007, 09:15 PM
hart is a good back but i think he is on the smaller side for the NFL. he will be drafted but will go later. he is definately talented though but mcfadden and slaton will go before him

Zyro_1014
02-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Let me help you:
sanchez (cant beat out a 2nd rounder), p.turner(slow and done nothing), v.hazelton(has yet to play), sam baker(1), l. jackson(no), s.ellis(no), manulaga/cushing(probably/doubtful)...taylor mays(so overrated and soft no.)

dude u are rediculous

Sanchez=First rounder and is better than booty- booty is a senior which gets more respect.

Pat Turner= First round- Same height as Jarret and just as fast, and Jarrett is going to be a first round pick right?

Vidal Hazelton= Not sure but clone of Jarrett and Turner

Sam Baker= Definate 1st rounder

L Jackson= Yes hes a first rounder, he will prolly be the best DE in the country next year.

Ellis= 2nd round

Manuluga First round!

Cushing= Possible 1st round

Taylor Mays= Soft? he was a true freshmen playing on a national powerhouse

and since u then put freshmen on ur list here we go tough guy

Everson griffen= Future first round pick and dont say he isnt

Marc Tyler= Future first round pick if he gets to play along with the other 6 potential first round backs we have :lol:

Chris Galippo= Future first round pick- best linebacker in the country this year and might possibly start next year.

Joe McKnight= Future first round pick- u remember a guy named Reggie? well this guy is just like him

we got more but ill stop here :D

JoeMontainya
02-13-2007, 09:16 PM
ya-the pac 10 gets those atheltic safties and corners like its no one bussiness

RWFender1
02-13-2007, 09:16 PM
sanchez hasnt really played against any real teams besides a bit against stanford and then against oregon

soybean
02-13-2007, 09:18 PM
hart is a good back but i think he is on the smaller side for the NFL. he will be drafted but will go later. he is definately talented though but mcfadden and slaton will go before him

first, yeah that's true bout sanchez.

But with hart, i see him as a maurice drew. They both dont have ideal size but both are hard workers.

RWFender1
02-13-2007, 09:18 PM
true dat

hart will have to put on a lot more weight if he is going to play like maurice jones drew

snuff
02-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Mike Hart is a lot slower than Maurice Drew....

YAYareaRB
02-13-2007, 09:56 PM
true dat

hart will have to put on a lot more weight if he is going to play like maurice jones drew

Gain more weight and shave a couple miliseconds off his 40.

detroit4life
02-13-2007, 09:59 PM
harts not oging 1st round he's short and slow he's got power and vision going for him along with heart and work ethic but i see him going 3rd round at best.

P-L
02-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Can we wait until Patrick Turner does something relevant before we declare him as a 1st Round pick. We've been hearing for two years now that he's going to be better than Jarrett and he hasn't done anything. I know he's been buried a bit on the depth chart, but let's wait until he does something first.

DoWnThEfiElD
02-13-2007, 10:22 PM
When USC puts guys in the NFL like the early 2000 Miami teams, and the guys produce like them, then lets call them a factory....

sodar21
02-13-2007, 11:36 PM
When USC puts guys in the NFL like the early 2000 Miami teams, and the guys produce like them, then lets call them a factory....
I don't think in the past few years that USC has produced more NFL players than the likes of Ohio State, Miami or Georgia. They're still a step behind.

YAYareaRB
02-13-2007, 11:38 PM
I don't think in the past few years that USC has produced more NFL players than the likes of Ohio State, Miami or Georgia. They're still a step behind.

They are a couple steps behind. They had a nice run last year in the draft but I only see one 1st rounder this year. Miami has hit a dry spell though.

sodar21
02-13-2007, 11:53 PM

They are a couple steps behind. They had a nice run last year in the draft but I only see one 1st rounder this year. Miami has hit a dry spell though.
They'll rebound next year and if Shannon gets things working again they're always be there. Ohio State had 5 last year, will have atleast 1, maybe 2 this year (Pitcock). Next year tOSU could have 2-3 also. Georgia didn't have any last year but could have maybe one or two this year and some more next year. Texas has also been sending out a lot of first rounders and could have one or two this year (Ross/Griffen) and more next year (Okam etc.).

USC is not quite an NFL factory.

terman
02-14-2007, 02:30 AM
It's a shame that these future USC teams won't have the coaching of the 04 Trojans. They would be simply beastly.

Mr Spoons
02-16-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm just confused why someone called "LinebackerU" is touting USC. I mean, I'm all for non-homerism and all, but shouldn't he be fanfaring Nittany Lions with that username? :? :P

JoeMontainya
02-16-2007, 10:33 AM
so according to u, you should only be allowed to write about spoons

Jughead10
02-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Also quite a few of the guys USC has put in the league the past few seasons haven't exactly produced as expected.

Gribble
02-16-2007, 11:34 AM
so according to u, you should only be allowed to write about spoons

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sodar21
02-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Also quite a few of the guys USC has put in the league the past few seasons haven't exactly produced as expected.
Outside of this past years rookies you really only have Palmer, Polamalu and Tatupu that have been playing well in the pros from the recent drafts. Can't think of anyone else unless you start going back to Junior Seau and Willie McGinest who are of another era.

I bleed green
02-16-2007, 02:45 PM
USC has put 35 current players in the NFL, Florida 37, Michigan 41, Tennessee 43, Ohio St. 46, FSU 47, Miami 52...so not quite.

soybean
02-16-2007, 02:58 PM
how long did you spend looking all that up?

I bleed green
02-16-2007, 05:08 PM
About 5 minutes? ESPN has them listed by college.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players

soybean
02-16-2007, 07:18 PM
ah i see.

Jughead10
02-16-2007, 09:02 PM
USC has put 35 current players in the NFL, Florida 37, Michigan 41, Tennessee 43, Ohio St. 46, FSU 47, Miami 52...so not quite.

Notre Dame also has 35. And are putting quite a bunch in next year. My guess is they have 7 drafted this year as well.

I bleed green
02-17-2007, 12:46 AM
I only checked the schools that I listed (I wasn't going to look at every single college) so I'm sure there's other schools other than the ones I listed that have put more players in the NFL than USC as well.

VoteLynnSwan
02-17-2007, 01:06 AM

most of the players out of USC have come around recently... thus USC is BECOMING an NFL pipeline... it's still nothing like the Miami teams of the 00s...

soybean
02-17-2007, 02:26 AM
aren't there a lot of people from ole miss?

Sveen
02-17-2007, 05:47 AM
j.d. booty qb - late round pick/free agent
:?:

Man_Law_99
02-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Let me help you:

dude u are rediculous

Sanchez=First rounder and is better than booty- booty is a senior which gets more respect.

Pat Turner= First round- Same height as Jarret and just as fast, and Jarrett is going to be a first round pick right?

L Jackson= Yes hes a first rounder, he will prolly be the best DE in the country next year.

Ellis= 2nd round

Manuluga First round!

Marc Tyler= Future first round pick if he gets to play along with the other 6 potential first round backs we have :lol:

Chris Galippo= Future first round pick- best linebacker in the country this year and might possibly start next year.

Joe McKnight= Future first round pick- u remember a guy named Reggie? well this guy is just like him

i agree cuhing is definetly a top 25 pick if he declares next year when he switches back to OLB

Zyro_1014
02-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Let me help you:

dude u are rediculous

Ellis= 2nd round

Manuluga First round!

i agree cuhing is definetly a top 25 pick if he declares next year when he switches back to OLB

Yeah that guy is rediculous.....and if he comes down to it he can play the OLB in a 3-4 cuz they played him at D end this year.

Daniel Adams
02-20-2007, 01:32 AM
I promise all of you that from following Marc Tyler's entire high school career, that dude is a 1st round pick. He's a monster at HB. Reminds me of Jamal Lewis with his power and field vision.

elway777
02-20-2007, 01:36 AM
I promise all of you that from following Marc Tyler's entire high school career, that dude is a 1st round pick. He's a monster at HB. Reminds me of Jamal Lewis with his power and field vision.

If he can come back to the same form after that nasty leg injury.

Sportsfan486
02-24-2007, 09:07 AM
It is cool to see how many players from USC have a good chance at the NFL.

It's also nice how USC is getting them prepared and all by starting their paid football careers early.

Zyro_1014
02-26-2007, 09:44 PM
It is cool to see how many players from USC have a good chance at the NFL.

It's also nice how USC is getting them prepared and all by starting their paid football careers early.

are u a notre dame fan or somethin?

Chucky
02-28-2007, 07:16 PM
david booty will be at least a second rounder