PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Vikings Week 10

GB12
11-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Gameplan: Put Hawk, Barnett, Poppinga, and Bigby on Adrian Peterson.

neko4
11-04-2007, 04:15 PM
We need to continue to use a good rotation at Dline. Anyword on Corey Williams?

Vikes99ej
11-04-2007, 04:17 PM
It's actually Week 10.

GB12
11-04-2007, 04:21 PM
We need to continue to use a good rotation at Dline. Anyword on Corey Williams?
Not yet. I'm much more concerned about Collins though. We can make do without Williams because we have Johnny Jolly and Colin Cole who can hold his spot pretty well. Behind Collins and Bigby we have no one. Rouse came in and did alright but didn't have to do much. Against a team with a good passing game we'd be in big trouble. This week I guess the opposite might be better since all Minnesota can do is run.

princefielder28
11-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Thankfully Minnesota has a very weak passing game and are weak at TE with Kleinsasser and Shiancoe. Put 8 in the box for the Adrian and make Tavaris or Brooks beat us.

cordscords
11-04-2007, 08:53 PM
8 men in the box the majority of plays. Perhaps even show 9 on a few plays. AD is the only guy that scares me on that offense. Do what it takes to stop him.

BuckNaked
11-04-2007, 09:00 PM
AD is the only guy that scares me on that offense.

You clearly have yet to be aquaintanced with Brooks Bollinger.

Boston
11-04-2007, 09:07 PM

Name sounds familiar....

princefielder28
11-04-2007, 10:36 PM

If it's not the option then Brooks is useless

umphrey
11-05-2007, 12:46 PM
MN has crappy TEs so thats a huge advantage to us. I think we can hold them to 7 points or less just by playing man with our good CBs vs their weak WRs and stacking the box.

That being said, when are we going to start covering TEs? Every week we get burned by one, I know Gonzalez is good but he dominated us and its happened week in week out.

Bigby always seems to be the one in coverage and I like him as a player but you cant ask a small 5'10" safety to cover guys that are 6'6" and 100 lbs bigger. I hope we somehow scheme Rouse into coverage, he has the size/speed combo we need for that position. Or Hawk would work too, but I'd rather use him other places.

VoteLynnSwan
11-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Peterson is gonna run all over you.

GB12
11-05-2007, 04:31 PM
We held him to 112 last game.

Though I'd expect he'll get more than 15 carries this time

Nitschke-Hawk
11-05-2007, 04:54 PM
I'd be surprised if Peterson had over 120 rushing/receiving yards. Only if he got like 30 touches. I don't know if VLS is serious or messing around. But nobody has run all over us. AD's first game vs. us was just a pretty good day, nothing special. And 55 yards of it came on bad contain on the back side of the play, he cut back, and everybody was out of position, until Nick Collins brought him down 55 yards later. But I will admit it was as impressive of a run I've seen against a schematic break down in my life. Very correctable though.

umphrey
11-05-2007, 10:48 PM
We have done a good job of not giving up big games, even after facing Peterson, LJ, and LT.

But ADP still scares me this week

litlharsh
11-05-2007, 11:19 PM
I'd be surprised if Peterson had over 120 rushing/receiving yards. Only if he got like 30 touches. I don't know if VLS is serious or messing around. But nobody has run all over us. AD's first game vs. us was just a pretty good day, nothing special. And 55 yards of it came on bad contain on the back side of the play, he cut back, and everybody was out of position, until Nick Collins brought him down 55 yards later. But I will admit it was as impressive of a run I've seen against a schematic break down in my life. Very correctable though.

120 combined?

If our O-line plays like it did last week, he'll have that in the 1st quarter. If it plays like normal, he'll have it by halftime.

Geo
11-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Seeing as how Brett Favre created the universe, the planets, and living organisms, and later gave himself the form of man as he created, surely he can make some plays in this game.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-06-2007, 12:35 AM
We have done a good job of not giving up big games, even after facing Peterson, LJ, and LT.

But ADP still scares me this week

Lets not forget Westbrook.

That's 4 elite backs and none of em had a great game. There's also Portis who is still pretty good and way better with the majority of the carries like yesterday racking up 196 on the Jets. If he keeps playing like that, stays healthy, and gets a lot of touches he will be regarded as elite again.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-06-2007, 12:43 AM
120 combined?

If our O-line plays like it did last week, he'll have that in the 1st quarter. If it plays like normal, he'll have it by halftime.

Ok buddy. Yeah I like the Vikings run blocking a lot, truly I do. I said on here yesterday they are the best in the game right now. But we've got the best 4-3 defensive line in the NFL, and in terms of any scheme I'd only take the Patriots front 3 over ours right now. All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up thinking he will just dominate, and you're gonna need more than great run blocking and a great running back to beat us. And that's assuming they even play great.

Moses
11-06-2007, 01:13 AM
120 combined?

I would be surprised to see Peterson go over 100 to tell you the truth. I think the Packers bring an extra man into the box all game and they are a tough team to run against.

Football Fan
11-06-2007, 02:23 AM
How many yards will Vikings running back Adrian Peterson gain against the Packers?
http://www2.jsonline.com/sports/sportspoll.asp?poll=7416

SunDevil450
11-06-2007, 03:08 AM
Packerís d line needs to be able to take up blockers so the lbs can fill the holes giving Peterson no room for his deadly cutbacks, Peterson is an explosive back with a nice combo power and speed but i do see the packers holding him to about 100 yards on decent amount of carries. I am worried about Petersonís ability in the passing game though i think that the packers can have some trouble with screens even with our speed at lbs. Overall the packers will win this game 14-20. Vikings will be in the game the whole time but there problems at qb will ultimately catch up with them and the packers opportunistic secondary will pick up some ill advised passes.

TitleTown088
11-06-2007, 03:28 AM

I think you're mistaking our run defense with the Bears'.

Jim Jim
11-06-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm glad this is the game that Collins has to missed, because the Vikings aren't a real big threat with their passing game and QB shuffling. Aaron Rouse is a big body and is more suited to playing in the box anyway. I think Rouse, if they play him mostly in the box, will be able to have a productive game.

With that said, I just hope Bigby steps up his game and is able to handle the responsibility of being the veteran safety back there.

Twiddler
11-06-2007, 02:36 PM

Nothing special? I'm sorry man, but he pretty much ran over us in that game. We gave up 112 yards on 12 carries any way you look at it. Sure, one of the runs was 55, but even if you take that away he is over 5 yards per carry. That's very good if you ask me. Do I think we can contain him somewhat and limit him to around 100? Yes, if we play well, but it may as well be that the only run defense that can affectively stop him is his own team's. We'll see though.

damasta13
11-06-2007, 02:36 PM
I gotta say, I predict a win for the pack, in another tight game (how many have we had this season!) simply because our defense is so strong and will be stronger when we only have one MAJOR (AD) threat against us (no offence to vikes, but cmon QB, WR bit banged up) but their D aint bad I spose.
Please sticky this, we win everytime the weekly game thread is stickied!

neko4
11-06-2007, 02:39 PM
We just need to force them to pass. But that is much easier said than done. We were getting penetration all game the first time we met, but AD is so quick and elusive and powerful that he made his own holes.

GB12
11-06-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm glad this is the game that Collins has to missed, because the Vikings aren't a real big threat with their passing game and QB shuffling. Aaron Rouse is a big body and is more suited to playing in the box anyway. I think Rouse, if they play him mostly in the box, will be able to have a productive game.

With that said, I just hope Bigby steps up his game and is able to handle the responsibility of being the veteran safety back there.
Thing is he's fillilng in for Collins, not Bigby. If we play a safety in the box it will be Bigby. Rouse's coverage isn't too good, but he does have a little speed on Atari. Also while Rouse may have size on him Bigby is the better run stopper. He's physical and likes to get in on the play. Infact he's second on the team in tackles behind Barnett.

Crazy_Chris
11-06-2007, 03:39 PM
I think Adrian Peterson will have a modest day against the packer defense and end up right around 110 with about 25 carries. But the bigger question mark i can think of is Jarret Bush is he still the Nickel? because he had trouble last time we met.

neko4
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
unfortunetly yes he is

litlharsh
11-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I can see Chilly all but benching ad trying to keep him alive. 30+ carries a game not gonna work.

umphrey
11-06-2007, 05:11 PM
You guys forget that the Vikings haven't had any passing game all year, every team went out there just to stop ADP and most of them failed

Crazy_Chris
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
You guys forget that the Vikings haven't had any passing game all year, every team went out there just to stop ADP and most of them failed

That's Partially because the one thing our WR's seems to do well is help out in Run Blocking there has been a good amount of runs when Adrian is one on one with the Safety and AD's gonna win that battle 90% of the time.

Favre4ever
11-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Is Rouse really that bad in Coverage? I remember him having really good instincts with impressive speed for his size. MM seems like him a lot and if he performs well in coverage, maybe we could use him to cover the opposition TE.

crazyisme
11-06-2007, 10:06 PM
i wonder if these packer fans realize that every team has been playing the Vikes 8 in the box all year....

wonder how that has worked thus far?

crazyisme
11-06-2007, 10:12 PM
and do you guys remember the 10 carries for 110 yards the last time he ran up against you guys?

Sportsfan486
11-06-2007, 10:29 PM
and do you guys remember the 10 carries for 110 yards the last time he ran up against you guys?

Do you remember the result of the game? I do!

princefielder28
11-06-2007, 10:43 PM

Remember the W as well

crazyisme
11-07-2007, 12:29 PM
that had more to do with the childress and the vikes giving the ball to AP twice in the 2nd half....

ill bet anything that AP gets more than 2 carries in the second half of this sundays game

Pack_Attack_4
11-07-2007, 04:15 PM
that had more to do with the childress and the vikes giving the ball to AP twice in the 2nd half....

ill bet anything that AP gets more than 2 carries in the second half of this sundays game

And ill bet it will be the same result as the last time we played a W for GB!

Vikes99ej
11-07-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm predicting a low scoring game, 10-6 Packers.

bigboiajhawk
11-10-2007, 05:24 PM
I hope the rookie Aaron Rouse has a big game in place of Collins, I dont know if it is just me but Collins has seemed to plateau in terms of his development.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-10-2007, 07:28 PM
i dont think so....Collins has shown promise at times, although he does have spells of mental lapses. I think he will work out to be a good overall safety, but I wouldn't mind McCarthy giving Rouse a shot.

PACKmanN
11-10-2007, 08:00 PM
i dont think so....Collins has shown promise at times, although he does have spells of mental lapses. I think he will work out to be a good overall safety, but I wouldn't mind McCarthy giving Rouse a shot.

A. why don't you ask one of the admins for a user name change lol Rodgers and Lynch, I wish.

B. Collins has to work with his hands and it was a shame to get rid of Sharper and Roman, Collins needs a vet to play with and also to teach him things, isn't it surprising Collins had his best year when Roman was here. Collins is full of raw talent.

neko4
11-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Hands are definite problem for Collins, ive counted 3+ dropped picks this year for him.

GB12
11-10-2007, 08:06 PM
A. why don't you ask one of the admins for a user name change lol Rodgers and Lynch, I wish.

B. Collins has to work with his hands and it was a shame to get rid of Sharper and Roman, Collins needs a vet to play with and also to teach him things, isn't it surprising Collins had his best year when Roman was here. Collins is full of raw talent.
Roman sucked, he was worse than Bigby and Manuel.

NickCollins36
11-10-2007, 08:45 PM
lmao Roman was absolutely horrible
i remember 1 play againt the panthers where he got dragged for like 10 yards by Deshawn Foster
not to mention he got burnt in coverage 24/7

bigboiajhawk
11-10-2007, 10:30 PM
The Packers need collins to be a playmaking safety, he had the game against the Bears last year, but it seems like he is still thinking way too much out there. He has the speed to be one, and he doesnt commit penalties, but I'm still waiting for him to make plays. Whether its rouse or collins, one of them needs to step up and make something happen.

johbur
11-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Collins has had 8 or so drops according to the jsonline on Sharper. Sharper;s had two dropped interceptions. Sharper also gets those interceptions, but his team is 3-5 and they have one of the worst pass defenses in the league. TT still didn't make a good decision when he sent Sharper to a Division rival, but I have liked how Collins catches people with his closing speed and how he's a lot more physical than Sharper.

Interesting talk about a 4-4. Against Vikings, I'd start 5 D-line, 3 LBs and have Bigby at Safety. KGB and Kampman on the outside, Jenkins, and Jolly over the guards and Pickett over center. Maybe their third string guy better than Tavaris, but 5 DL a great defense against Jackson. With how the Vikings dissed Williamson and how crappy the WRs are, if the Packers can stop the run game, it's a win. Considering how good AD looked against us in the first half of game one and how he looked against the Chargers, that's a big if, but I still think we get it done tomorrow.

neko4
11-11-2007, 01:35 AM
Hows about Kamp and Cullen, and then Williams in over the Guard?
That way we have more run stoppers in there, still bring KGB in on the 3rd and longs

jackalope
11-11-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm starting to think that Ryan Grant might be the real deal.

Vince Lombardi
11-11-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm starting to think that Ryan Grant might be the real deal.

Yea he's looking good, that was a nice 30 yard TD run! It didn't hurt that the blocking was outstanding on that play though.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Ryan Grant and Korey Hall have definitely played better than everybody else in the backfield.

neko4
11-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Dang i missed like everything, got in just in time to see the ruvell martin TD

Vince Lombardi
11-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Woohoo Packers with the big shutout victory!

neko4
11-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Held em under 100 in rushing and 200 in passing. Great game overall

Boston
11-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Adrian who? Grant will do just fine.

Vikes99ej
11-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Good job, guys. This is what happens when a really good team faces a really bad team.

GB12
11-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Good job, guys. This is what happens when a really good team faces a really bad team.
Sorry but I'm going to have to take back my statement that the Vikings are a QB away from the playoffs.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
I was rooting for the shutout the whole 4th quarter, they threatened 3 times but we got big stops. I was upset with the Taylor 50 yard play, never should have happened. Like 4 missed tackles. After that, they woke up from a nap and had 2 sacks. Feels good to finally dominate a team. I thought A.J. Hawk was awesome, Woodson was great too. I don't think he gave up a catch.

Time of Possession:

GB 40 minutes MIN 20 minutes

GB 488 yards MIN 237 yards (50 of which on the Taylor catch)

Vikes99ej
11-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Sorry but I'm going to have to take back my statement that the Vikings are a QB away from the playoffs.

I'm just going to say everything besides our runningbacks is ****.

GB12
11-11-2007, 03:22 PM
I was rooting for the shutout the whole 4th quarter, they threatened 3 times but we got big stops. I was upset with the Taylor 50 yard play, never should have happened. Like 4 missed tackles. After that, they woke up from a nap and had 2 sacks. Feels good to finally dominate a team. I thought A.J. Hawk was awesome, Woodson was great too. I don't think he gave up a catch.

Time of Possession:

GB 40 minutes MIN 20 minutes

GB 488 yards MIN 237 yards (50 of which on the Taylor catch)
Yeah, I wanted the shutout is what I wanted. I would have been fine with not scoring a point after we got the second TD as long as we kept that 0 on the scoreboard.

drowe
11-11-2007, 04:12 PM
wow. what an impressive game. packers dominated in every area. huge division win.

great to see ruvell martin and k-rob step up.

ryan grant > AD :)

neko4
11-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Woodson and Harris played great, but it seemed like Jarrett Bush continued to struggle

Boston
11-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Woodson and Harris played great, but it seemed like Jarrett Bush continued to struggle

I thought Bush did good...or, didn't do anything bad.

GB12
11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
I thought Bush did good...or, didn't do anything bad.
He helped break up that long pass with Bigby. He didn't play bad at all.

princefielder28
11-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Woohoo Packers with the big shutout victory!

Big win especially after Vikings took down the Chargers. The Packers now look ahead to the Panthers who have struggled greatly with the loss of Jake Delhomme and the Packers need to make sure that they aren't looking forward to Turkey Day before playing the Panthers; bury them!

GB12
11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Anyone know David Carr's status? I'd love to see Vinny in there, 44 vs 38

princefielder28
11-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Anyone know David Carr's status? I'd love to see Vinny in there, 44 vs 38

Vinny played all of today's game and I would assume that if his Achilles is healthy that he'll play, but if the Panthers go with Carr the Packers might get 10 sacks.

Jim Jim
11-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Great game. I was pretty confident it would go something like that.

johbur
11-12-2007, 03:33 AM
wow. what an impressive game. packers dominated in every area. huge division win.

great to see ruvell martin and k-rob step up.

ryan grant > AD :)

QFT... at least for a game...

Better coaching, better rushing, infinitely better passing. Nice job and thank you Brad Childress for signing with Vikes and not taking your interview with the Packers.

I love Sharper's back-track and that he thinks the Packers are the best team in the NFC now after running his mouth about how Brett would not be able to throw deep on him. Sharper did have chance for a pick, but Ruvell converted that chance into 6.

TitleTown088
11-12-2007, 03:41 AM
I'm predicting a low scoring game, 10-6 Packers.

Dang, we have Nostradamus numero dos right here... ;)

JF4
11-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Vinny played all of today's game and I would assume that if his Achilles is healthy that he'll play, but if the Panthers go with Carr the Packers might get 10 sacks.

Carr or Vinny I still feel very confident in our chances.

JF4
11-12-2007, 10:01 AM
QFT... at least for a game...

Better coaching, better rushing, infinitely better passing. Nice job and thank you Brad Childress for signing with Vikes and not taking your interview with the Packers.

I love Sharper's back-track and that he thinks the Packers are the best team in the NFC now after running his mouth about how Brett would not be able to throw deep on him. Sharper did have chance for a pick, but Ruvell converted that chance into 6.

I was also really impressed with the coaching job in the game. The Packers didn't try and do too much they just ran things they knew would work. If their was a play that was working they kept going to it and it payed off. Against a weaker team thats a very smart way to coach a team.

I really like that 3 back formation we have. Hopefully it can be the formation that establishes our running game. It keeps the defense honest on both sides and you can run tons of different types of run plays from it.

bigboiajhawk
11-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Good thing the packers took Mike McCarthy and Brad Childress went to the vikings, McCarthy is a mastermind at play calling, I mean it just seems like on third down he pulls some play out that hasnt been used and we get the first down, i like his aggressiveness too. He seems to have the Packers ready to play every game.