PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chung

Big_Pete
11-04-2007, 04:44 PM
How does S Patrick Chung (Oregon) rate as a prospect?

If he was to declare for the 2008 draft (most likely due to a weak safety draft class and QB Dennis Dixon graduating), where would he likely go?

SuperKevin
11-04-2007, 04:45 PM
This guy's nickname has to be Wang. It just has to be

duckseason
11-05-2007, 09:17 PM
How does S Patrick Chung (Oregon) rate as a prospect?

If he was to declare for the 2008 draft (most likely due to a weak safety draft class and QB Dennis Dixon graduating), where would he likely go?

A lot of that depends on how he performs at the combine. I thought JD Nelson was a very good prospect until I saw how slow he ran in Indy. But he's got everything you look for in a safety prospect. Good in coverage, smart, very physical, adept blitzer, plays very well on special teams. Where he ends up being selected will largely depend on what his workout numbers look like.

I don't look for him to leave early though. The loss of Dixon shouldn't really have an affect on that. He's only 20 years old.

Brent
11-06-2007, 07:34 AM
This guy's nickname has to be Wang. It just has to be
Ah yes, old 80's songs

OregonDucks
11-06-2007, 12:16 PM
I think he is great, but like duckseason stated all depends on the combine. Great tackler dont know if he has amazing speed or not? He is definetly one of my favorite ducks, nice guy.

rainbeaukid2
11-06-2007, 08:51 PM
i like him, but i think matthew harper may be a better player in the ducks defensive backfield

NYGibril28
11-07-2007, 09:11 AM
i like him, but i think matthew harper may be a better player in the ducks defensive backfield

I prefer Jairus Byrd

duckseason
11-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Harper and Byrd are both very good players, but imo, Chung and Walter Thurmond III are the best prospects for the NFL. If I had to rank them based on how high I think each will end up being selected when they enter the draft, it would go as follows-

1. Walter Thurmond III
2. Patrick Chung
3. Jairus Byrd
4. Matthew Harper (probably goes undrafted)

I think you can pencil in Chung and Thurmond as first day picks, and I believe Byrd has the potential to be selected that high as well. I'm not sure about Harper though. He's a solid player, but I'm not sure he'd do as well at the combine as the others. He's the only senior of the bunch.

ljaxson
11-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Boyd is pretty good right?