PDA

View Full Version : 2-6

Windy
11-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Culpepper is too slow and McCown has no accuracy. Russell needs to start soon and hopefully next week.

Fargas started the game and should officially be the starter the rest of the season.

The Defense is not making any plays. Besides a rare INT by Schweigert, nothing is going on. At least Huff got a nice FF.

Barry Sims is beyond terrible. The thing is that there isn't anyone that could replace him right now in the short-term. Maybe a switch back to Guard.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Start Russell and Henderson?why not?actually I can understand why we wouldnt start Henderson at LT.

Crow
11-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Henderson is a bum. When your line coach publicly calls you out for being lazy and unmotivated, you're a bum.

Start Walter, but have him splitting 1st team reps with Russell until the big dummy looks like he's got at least a basic understanding of the offense.

locseti
11-05-2007, 12:12 AM
The lack of running ability of Culpepper is less of a problem than McCown's penchant for turnovers. It really shoulda been 5 picks, the Texans dropped two. How is Simms having so much trouble, he's playing at home!! Put in Walter if Russell isnt ready, McCown is so innacurate that we have no chance of winning. Plus the D still gives up all the timely big plays, we probably should of gone after Grady Jackson to help shore up that run D which made Ron Dayne look like he was lining up against the big ten. Huggy Bear is really suited for our blocking scheme, and I think we should also be giving D Rhodes some carries or using him like the Pats use Kevin Faulk. LaMont may be done.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Henderson is a bum. When your line coach publicly calls you out for being lazy and unmotivated, you're a bum.
Why keep playing Barry Sims hes a penalty machine.

Stash
11-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Dayne ran all over us and I'm pretty sure he stuck it too us last year as well. We definitely have trouble stopping the run especially against the bigger RB's.

As for LaMont, he very well could be done as a Raider. Back problems can just act up for no reason and their doesn't seem to be a 'cure', just ask Mark Kotsay. If Jordan is a FA after this year I don't see us resigning him.

And Sims, do we really have any choice? We have to pick someone up in the offseason whether it be a FA or draft pick because nobody on the current roster is prepared to be a LT.

Windy
11-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Do you guys think that Fargas will be back next year as a possible starter with a rookie and bush behind him?

Komp
11-06-2007, 10:11 PM
I didn't watch this weeks game, but it did not look pretty on the gamecast on the net. Maybe Walter is the option at QB, maybe not. All I know is that we can't rush JR into a starting role if he is not ready. His development is the most important thing at this time, not winning football games.

Our needs are pretty much the same as least year it seems - a dominant run stuffing DT and a good OT, and that is a bit frustrating.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-06-2007, 10:21 PM
If Fargas continues to run like he has all season he could be starter next season I see no reason as of yet not to start him.

locseti
11-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Ya I think Fargas and Bush will compliment each other well, with Fargas being the starter. I also say we draft a scat back speedy type runner like Justin Forsett, then we'll have all the bases covered at RB. It;s obvious that Fargas is the superior runner in this scheme, LaMont is just too slow and injured right now and these back problems arent going anywhere, they've really affected the way he runs, down at first contact while Fargas runs with reckless abandon.

RaiderNation
11-07-2007, 07:23 PM
we should have drafted AD. we would be 3-5 or 4-4 with him , fargas and lamont. plus we would have mccheckdown or cullpeper throwing as much.

Windy
11-07-2007, 09:12 PM
we should have drafted AD. we would be 3-5 or 4-4 with him , fargas and lamont. plus we would have mccheckdown or cullpeper throwing as much.

of course it's easy to say that now. however he wouldn't be rushing for over 200 yards and be the headline of the week if he was behind the raiders line.

bearsfan_51
11-07-2007, 09:17 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/winter/christmas/images/santa2.jpg

HO HO HO!!! It's me...Santa!! I know that you Raiders fans have been good all year so I brought you a special present early.

http://indianolayouthfootball.com/images/2005teams/SuperBowl/colts-v.-bears-(13).jpg
It's a game against the Chicago Bears. They are ******* terrilble! HO HO HO!!! MEEEEEEEERY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Windy
11-07-2007, 09:23 PM
it could be one of the lowest scoring games in history.

portermvp84
11-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Are we going to keep Janikoski after this year.

nobodyinparticular
11-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Are we going to keep Janikoski after this year.

I don't see why not. After a terrible first 2-3 games he has been absolutely money on kickoffs and field goals.