PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Picture

Moses
11-04-2007, 11:52 PM
It's about that time of the year. Let's talk playoffs.

Here are my predictions:

AFC:

AFC East: New England Patriots
AFC North: Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC South: Indianapolis Colts
AFC West: San Diego Chargers
Wildcards: Tennessee Titans, Cleveland Browns
On the Outside Looking In: Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs

NFC:

NFC East: Dallas Cowboys
NFC North: Green Bay Packers
NFC South: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFC West: Seattle Seahawks
Wildcards: New York Giants, Detroit Lions
On the Outside Looking In: New Orleans Saints, Washington Redskins

JK17
11-04-2007, 11:55 PM

Here are my predictions:

AFC:

NFC:

It's absolutely embarassing and disgusting we not only have a shot, but probably will still get a playoff spot...

Moses
11-04-2007, 11:56 PM
It's absolutely embarassing and disgusting we not only have a shot, but probably will still get a playoff spot...

Are you a San Diego fan? I think it's most pathetic that the Seahawks or Cardinals are likely playoff teams. Dump this divisional garbage and just give it to the 6 teams with the best record.

bearsfan_51
11-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Really going out on a limb with those picks eh Moses?

Moses
11-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Really going out on a limb with those picks eh Moses?

Well at least post your own picks if you're going to chirp.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Well at least post your own picks if you're going to chirp.

Dolphins-Rams Superbowl XVII.

Superbowl MVP- Ted Ginn Jr.

moc182
11-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Dolphins-Rams Superbowl XVII.

Superbowl MVP- Ted Ginn Jr.

I see you've perfected time travel since the last time we spoke.

B-Dawk
11-05-2007, 12:22 AM

had you predicted this at the beginning of the season you would have been tormented. I love how wrong preseason perceptions can be.

Caddy
11-05-2007, 12:25 AM
The Saints are really starting to worry me in the race for the NFC South.

KCJ58
11-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Here are my predictions:

AFC:

AFC East: Miami Dolphins (With Cleo Lemon and Jesse Chatman starting i wouldn't be suprised if they won it all)
AFC North: Cincinnati Bengals (Cincinnatis Defense will keep them in ball games)
AFC South: Houston Texans (Two Words: Sage Rosenfels)
AFC West: Oakland Raiders (JaMarcus Russell will become the starting QB and Mike Williams will amerge as the go 2 WR silenting all the critics who said he was a 1st Round bust)

Wildcards: New York Jets (Chad Pennington will win Comback Player of the year... again)
Buffalo Bills (Brian Moorman wins football games)

NFC:

NFC East: Philadelphia Eagles (Kevin Kolb should get the nod anyday now)
NFC North: Minnesota Vikings (Tarvaris Jackson Who? The Brooks Bollinger era starts now in Minnesota)
NFC South: Atlanta Falcons (Mike Vick will come back and lead the team to a NFC South title with a little help from Mans Best Friend... (not dogs...weed))
NFC West: St. Louis Rams (The Clear cut favorite to represent the NFC. Marc Bulger will end up winning the MVP)

Wildcards: Arizona Cardnials (Kurt Warner has done it before and he can do it again)
San Fransico 49ers (Alex Smith time is up, Trent Dilfer lead the Ravens to there only Superbowl win, he can do it with a hevealy stocked wide receiving core in San Fran)

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 12:26 AM
had you predicted this at the beginning of the season you would have been tormented. I love how wrong preseason perceptions can be.

That's a good point, here were my predictions at the start of the season.

AFC East- Pats
AFC North- Steelers
AFC South- Colts
AFC West- Chargers

Wildcards- Jaguars, Chiefs

NFC East- Cowboys
NFC North- Bears
NFC South- Bucs
NFC West- Rams

Wildcards- Packers, Seahawks

Actually...other than the Bears and the Rams that's not too shabby.

Moses
11-05-2007, 12:28 AM
That's a good point, here were my predictions at the start of the season.

Actually...other than the Bears and the Rams that's not too shabby.

Seahawks as wild cards...

Still, those are solid predictions.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Browns, Lions, in the playoffs... eeeehhhhhhh. Wow... It doesn't sound good cause it's not normal.

It isn't true yet but say it aloud to yourself right now.

"The Browns and the Lions are in the Playoffs."

The Browns are like having a meal that one of your family members made at a family function, and you think it's bad, but you eat it anyway cause you don't want to be rude. I do wish luck to the Browns. I felt for Romeo Crennel in those press conferences after all those losses, people just thought he was an idiot.

But the Lions, are, well, the Lions. Since I'm on the subject of family functions, they're like the cousin at the party you don't want to talk to, and neither do the rest of the cousins (The Bears and Vikings). We've just ignored them our whole lives.

3 biggest games on the Packers schedule as of now:

Packers vs. Lions-November 22 (Thanksgiving)
Packers vs. Cowboys-November 29 (NFL Network Thursday Night Football)
Packers vs. Lions-December 30 (last week of the regular season)

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 12:44 AM
The Lions could win the next five Superbowls in a row and they would still be little more than a punchline.

litlharsh
11-05-2007, 12:58 AM
The Lions could win the next five Superbowls in a row and they would still be little more than a punchline.

I mean honestly it's the Lions. The god***** Lions.

Love those guys.

SuperKevin
11-05-2007, 12:58 AM
The Bills still have an outside shot at a wildcard spot at 4-4 with winnable games coming up against Miami(x2), Cleveland, Washington, Jacksonville, and Philly. If they win those 6 games they can go 10-6 and end up as a wildcard

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 01:51 AM
The Bills still have an outside shot at a wildcard spot at 4-4 with winnable games coming up against Miami(x2), Cleveland, Washington, Jacksonville, and Philly. If they win those 6 games they can go 10-6 and end up as a wildcard

Too bad the Browns, Redskins, Jaguars, and Eagles are all better than the Bills.

Addict
11-05-2007, 02:08 AM

You guys are so lucky you're in the same division as the Dolphins.

XxXdragonXxX
11-05-2007, 08:43 AM
It's gonna be so funny when the Seahawks win the NFC West at 7-9 and get a home playoff game.

art vandelay
11-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Too bad the Browns, Redskins, Jaguars, and Eagles are all better than the Bills.

Is it your sole purpose in life to hate the Bills?

art vandelay
11-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Here are my predictions:

AFC:

AFC East: Miami Dolphins (With Cleo Lemon and Jesse Chatman starting i wouldn't be suprised if they won it all)
AFC North: Cincinnati Bengals (Cincinnatis Defense will keep them in ball games)
AFC South: Houston Texans (Two Words: Sage Rosenfels)
AFC West: Oakland Raiders (JaMarcus Russell will become the starting QB and Mike Williams will amerge as the go 2 WR silenting all the critics who said he was a 1st Round bust)

Wildcards: New York Jets (Chad Pennington will win Comback Player of the year... again)
Buffalo Bills (Brian Moorman wins football games)

NFC:

NFC East: Philadelphia Eagles (Kevin Kolb should get the nod anyday now)
NFC North: Minnesota Vikings (Tarvaris Jackson Who? The Brooks Bollinger era starts now in Minnesota)
NFC South: Atlanta Falcons (Mike Vick will come back and lead the team to a NFC South title with a little help from Mans Best Friend... (not dogs...weed))
NFC West: St. Louis Rams (The Clear cut favorite to represent the NFC. Marc Bulger will end up winning the MVP)

Wildcards: Arizona Cardnials (Kurt Warner has done it before and he can do it again)
San Fransico 49ers (Alex Smith time is up, Trent Dilfer lead the Ravens to there only Superbowl win, he can do it with a hevealy stocked wide receiving core in San Fran)

You joke, but the Bills still could make the playoffs. They are literally 2 seconds away from being 6-2 right now.

fenikz
11-05-2007, 09:04 AM
woo cardinals still in the playoff hunt at 3-5

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Is it your sole purpose in life to hate the Bills?
Haha...that's funny. I don't hate the Bills, I like the Bills. My roomate is a Bills fan, I like the city of Buffalo (as it shares many similarities to Cleveland). I appreciate what Ralph Wilson did after Modell moved the Browns.

That doesn't change the fact, however, that the Bills simply aren't very good. They've done a good job of scrapping together some wins, and playing the Jets and Dolphins four times will help, but they aren't going to make the playoffs. They just aren't.

PoopSandwich
11-05-2007, 09:27 AM
You joke, but the Bills still could make the playoffs. They are literally 2 seconds away from being 6-2 right now.

Welcome to the world of the Browns... We didn't let people recover an onside kick and drive down and kick a field goal... Nope, we did it in true Cleveland fassion... We got the ball and drove nearly 50 yards or whatever with like 54 seconds left, and yep... Got into field goal position, only to see the camera move up and, well yeah... THERE WAS NO ******* FOOTBALL...

Can't complain though, 5-3 is SWEET.

Billingsley26
11-05-2007, 11:47 AM

Jags and Eagles with what offense? The Bills defense has been unbeleiveable the last few weeks. John Mccargo is one of the best DT's this year. Thier D is shutting evereyone down. Your gonna need to win the TOP battle and outscoreBuffalo to win.

Seasonticketholder
11-05-2007, 11:52 AM

Here are my predictions:

AFC:

NFC:

I agree on the AFC, although I see the Colts finishing as the second seed. I do not know if you were putting them in order of finish though it sure seems that way.

In the NFC, I agree with everything except I believe the Saints will win the NFC South. The Saints could actually run the table given the schedule they have over the final eight games. But that's FAR easier said than done. Tampa has a slightly harder schedule and must travel to New Orleans in four weeks.

Also, I think Detroit may end up the fifth seed in the NFC. The Giants have to travel to Detroit to play. If Detroit can win that game, they may have a leg up on the Giants.

Moses
11-05-2007, 11:53 AM
I agree on the AFC, although I see the Colts finishing as the second seed. I do not know if you were putting them in order of finish though it sure seems that way.

In the NFC, I agree with everything except I believe the Saints will win the NFC South. The Saints could actually run the table given the schedule they have over the final eight games. But that's FAR easier said than done. Tampa has a slightly harder schedule and must travel to New Orleans in four weeks.

Also, I think Detroit may end up the fifth seed in the NFC. The Giants have to travel to Detroit to play. If Detroit can win that game, they may have a leg up on the Giants.

I was putting them in no particular order. For the record, I would say the AFC top 2 seeds will be the Patriots and Colts whereas the NFC will be the Cowboys and Packers.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Jags and Eagles with what offense? The Bills defense has been unbeleiveable the last few weeks. John Mccargo is one of the best DT's this year. Thier D is shutting evereyone down. Your gonna need to win the TOP battle and outscoreBuffalo to win.
Your definition of "unbelievable" differs considerably from mine. I don't consider it all that unbelievable to hold a Bengals team to 21 points. Granted they are doing it with lots of injuries, I give the Bills the credit that they are due, but they're just an average football team to me. I suppose in reality they have a shot at the playoffs, but I don't consider them any better than the other 90% of the league that is stuck in the same pile of mediocrity.

etk
11-05-2007, 11:57 AM
The Saints are really starting to worry me in the race for the NFC South.

I'm not worried. Our fate is completely in our hands, and we've already beaten them once quite easily. We're 2-0 in the division with 2 games left against Atlanta. We really should have cakewalked to the divisional title but a couple of close losses have made things more difficult.

Billingsley26
11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Your definition of "unbelievable" differs considerably from mine. I don't consider it all that unbelievable to hold a Bengals team to 21 points. Granted they are doing it with lots of injuries, I give the Bills the credit that they are due, but they're just an average football team to me. I suppose in reality they have a shot at the playoffs, but I don't consider them any better than the other 90% of the league that is stuck in the same pile of mediocrity.

Nothing for the Bengals offense? How about Dallas'? How about the run D playing like a top 5 run D should? Their D is stiffling teams. Watch their offense now, Marshawn is rolling, Lee Evans is stepping up, and whoever plays QB is playing well. Look out!

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Nothing for the Bengals offense? How about Dallas'? How about the run D playing like a top 5 run D should? Their D is stiffling teams. Watch their offense now, Marshawn is rolling, Lee Evans is stepping up, and whoever plays QB is playing well. Look out!
Again..25 points. Don't you think terms like unbelievable should be reserved for things that are actually...well....hard to believe? The Bills D is average statistically (13th in points, 29th in yards, 19th against the run). I don't know where you get top 5. I would suggest again to temper your emotions (and blatent homerism). I have no anti-Bills agenda, just calling it like it is.

Moses
11-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Again..25 points. Don't you think terms like unbelievable should be reserved for things that are actually...well....hard to believe? The Bills D is average statistically (13th in points, 29th in yards, 19th against the run). I don't know where you get top 5. I would suggest again to temper your emotions (and blatent homerism). I have no anti-Bills agenda, just calling it like it is.

Especially when half their victories have came against the Jets. Could they make a playoff push? Sure, but to call them anything other than a longshot at this point is overly optimistic.

neko4
11-05-2007, 12:21 PM
What I think the Bills should do this offseason:
1-Trade Edwards to a team in need of a QB and get a proven #2 WR.
2-Sign a Free Agent CB (I think Tillman and Jammer are FA's this year)
3-Draft the best D-Linemen available

But im just spitting out ideas

Seasonticketholder
11-05-2007, 12:25 PM
I was putting them in no particular order. For the record, I would say the AFC top 2 seeds will be the Patriots and Colts whereas the NFC will be the Cowboys and Packers.

I don't know about that. There is still a lot of football left to be played, I'll say that. But both the Cowboys and Packers have some tough games, one of which is against each other. The Cowboys have to travel to play the Giants, Lions and a tough Washington Redskins team. And you always have those games where a team can overlook another team. Like, the Cowboys must play at Carolina. The Panthers have played poorly but are still a team that can sneak up and beat you if you're not too careful. Of course, with Carr at the helm, that's not going to be likekly. The Packers still have to travel to play the Lions, Cowboys, and Bears on the road. The Bears have been a disappointment but could still be tough especially in a game against an arch-rival like the Pack. Hell, the Packers have the Vikings this week. While the game looks like a W on paper, if Peterson goes off again, who knows how that could end up! And with teams like the Lions, Giants and even the Saints playing much better, you could see those top two seeds challenged by season's end. For instance, if the Saints were to run the table and finish 12-4 and both the Cowboys and Packers finished with the same record, the Saints would have the homefield advantage as crazy as that might sound at this point. Point is, lot of football to be played. It is not illogical to pick the Pack and Cowboys at this point, it's just not as much a guarantee as it is to pick the Pats and Colts as the top two seeds in the AFC.

neko4
11-05-2007, 12:27 PM
If GB contains Peterson i dont think there is any doubt we will win. Good thing is its in Lambeau and he didnt have a 200 yd game against us in Minny

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2007, 12:32 PM

Wild Cards: Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans (riding the south)

Browns are right there also...schedule strength is in their favor.

NFC South: New Orleans Saints

Wildcards: New York Giants and Tampa Bay Bucs

Detroit is right there also...but, they have a lot of tough opponents up ahead.

SuperMcGee
11-05-2007, 12:33 PM
We may not be that good, but I will say that I fully believe we are a better team than Cleveland

Moses
11-05-2007, 12:33 PM

Wild Cards: Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans (riding the south)

Browns are right there also...schedule strength is in their favor.

NFC South: New Orleans Saints

Wildcards: New York Giants and Tampa Bay Bucs

No Lions? They've been playing great football up this point.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2007, 12:43 PM
No Lions? They've been playing great football up this point.

I'm not ready to give the Lions a spot yet. They have some tough games up ahead...Giants, Packers 2X, Cowboys, Chargers, Chiefs, and one against that AD fellow in Minnesota. I have to take in account that they are still the Lions...:) haha.

Geo
11-05-2007, 12:47 PM
If the Colts can come out of this year's tough schedule with the #2 seed in the AFC, I'll be ecstatic. The AFC South is the best division in football imo, I expect two teams (and maybe even three if the Jags can keep playing hard and making good plays) to make the playoffs.

Splat
11-05-2007, 12:49 PM
The Chiefs only have one more Div road game (Denver) so I think they still have a chance to win the Div they have all ready beat SD in SD and Oak in Oak. That being said the AFC West is just a bad Div I have not seen it this bad in years the Chiefs could go to the playoffs by default but they will be one and done.

Jughead10
11-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm not ready to give the Lions a spot yet. They have some tough games up ahead...Giants, Packers 2X, Cowboys, Chargers, Chiefs, and one against that AD fellow in Minnesota. I have to take in account that they are still the Lions...:) haha.

I agree. They have been smacked around by the Redskins and the Eagles. I would have to wait and see how they do against the Boys and the Giants. Of course the two games with the Pack as well.

Geo
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
The Lions defense seems to really be playing well at home, in their home dome. Seems as good a surface as any for a young Tampa 2 defense, as long as their offense can hold up their end of the bargain and play reasonably well. I've held off on buying the Lions for real, but they continue to do some good things and make you take notice.

diabsoule
11-05-2007, 01:09 PM
I think the Saints are playing the best football in the NFC South. We'll see how well they day with games against Carolina and Tampa Bay not too far off. With the rest of the schedule I would be amazed, but not shocked, if we went 12-4. The only team that could give us problems is Chicago.

Here's the remainder of the Saints schedule:

St. Louis
@ Houston
@ Carolina
Tampa Bay
@ Atlanta
Arizona
Philadelphia
@ Chicago

Geo
11-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Nice job bringing up the Saints' post-JAX schedule for us, diabsoule. That was an important matter that caught my eye going into the season, they have some favorable match-ups/conditions in this upcoming stretch.

Number 10
11-05-2007, 01:23 PM
3 NFC East teams have a legit shot at the playoffs......again.

Although the NFC North is creeping up, this division is without a doubt the best in the conference and 2nd best in the NFL.

yodabear
11-05-2007, 01:34 PM
It's gonna be so funny when the Seahawks win the NFC West at 7-9 and get a home playoff game.

SEATTLE SHOULD BE ******** THEMSELVES THE RAMS ARE GOING ON AN 8-0 RUN 2 ENd THE SEASON AND WINNING THE NFC WEST!

Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere...
Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere...

A singer in a smoky room,
The smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on...

Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding, somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill,
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin' anything to roll the dice,
Just one more time

Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
Streetlight people

Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
Streetlight people

Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
Streetlight people

yodabear
11-05-2007, 01:35 PM
St. Louis

Thats a guaranteed loss baby.

diabsoule
11-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Nice job bringing up the Saints' post-JAX schedule for us, diabsoule. That was an important matter that caught my eye going into the season, they have some favorable match-ups/conditions in this upcoming stretch.

Yeah, they do and I'm hoping that they can continue their success. I like how we're incorporating Reggie Bush into our game planning using him like Brian Westbrook. He had 4.2 yards per rush against Jacksonville's defense. Plus with David Patten and Lance Moore emerging as weapons along with Marques Colston our offense is looking pretty potent. We're also playing very good defense and haven't given up 100 yards rushing since Week 1 when Joseph Addai gained 118 yards. That's eight games in a row with the opponents not gaining over 100 yards. That's pretty damn good.

What I'd still like to see is more Pierre Thomas on the field since he's more of a hard-nosed runner than Aaron Stecker. I'd like to see Usama Young on the field more at the #2 CB and have Jason David serve as the nickel. I like having Brian Simmons as our WLB and would like to see him stay there.

We're not without our flaws but we are playing ball a hell of a lot better. All we need to do is sign someone like Lance Briggs or Karlos Dansby in the offseason, draft someone like Dan Conners in the first round of the draft, and then concentrate on CB and DT afterwards and we're set.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 02:18 PM

Tillman was resigned.

They also won't trade Edwards. You don't trade a QB a year after you draft him on the first day, not even the Browns do that.

diabsoule
11-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Tillman was resigned.

They also won't trade Edwards. You don't trade a QB a year after you draft him on the first day, not even the Browns do that.

Jammer was also signed to a 5 year extension. The FA CB's aren't that good this year.

DChess
11-05-2007, 02:57 PM

its so much easier said than done. jacksonville, philly and washington will beat them for sure, and the browns will be favored. i wouldnt be suprised if the dolphins beat you guys in miami. actualyl im gonna say it now, miami will beat you.

Jughead10
11-05-2007, 02:59 PM
its so much easier said than done. jacksonville, philly and washington will beat them for sure, and the browns will be favored. i wouldnt be suprised if the dolphins beat you guys in miami. actualyl im gonna say it now, miami will beat you.

I wouldn't say any of those teams will beat them for sure.

DChess
11-05-2007, 03:03 PM
they beat the jets twicem and beat the begals and ravens both at home. they have to go to new england washington jacksonville cleveland and philly.

also have the giants. they wont look as bad as they seem because they have the jets and dolphins twice on their schedule. but i also think miami will beat them

Geo
11-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Tillman was resigned.

The Bears have their starting corners (Tillman & Vasher) and their nickel corner (Manning Jr.) signed long-term, one of the best trios in the league in that regard I've thought. Opponents will have to look forward to seeing them for years to come.

Also, well said about Edwards. Especially considering he's such a promising quarterback prospect, I see Tom Brady in him quite honestly. Actually, probably better at this point than where Brady was in his first year in the league, of course Brady has eventually progressed and developed into the quarterback he is today.

If the Bills trade a quarterback this offseason, it's JP Losman.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Losman has what, one more year under contract?

Geo
11-05-2007, 03:11 PM
I believe so, yes.

art vandelay
11-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Losman has what, one more year under contract?

His contract expires at the end of next season.

Billingsley26
11-05-2007, 03:40 PM
they beat the jets twicem and beat the begals and ravens both at home. they have to go to new england washington jacksonville cleveland and philly.

also have the giants. they wont look as bad as they seem because they have the jets and dolphins twice on their schedule. but i also think miami will beat them

Listen, they already went to NE. NE comes to WNY now baby!!! Sunday Night in two weeks. Just got moved today. Im tellign you. Im not saying Buffalo will win, but it aint gonna be a blowout like the last one. Im telling you to revistit the Dallas game. Perry Fewell is the truth. I know BF51 knows that for sure. The job he has done this year with a bunch of PS players and a converted WR starting at SS.

For you to think that Buffalo is going to lose to Miami is a slap in my face. If your so sure, why dont we make a wagger on the game? Thats how conifdent I am that we will win. You have said it twice already that they will lose, why dont you back your mouth up?

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Perry Fewell is doing impressive things so far this year. The Bills actually wanted to hire Bob Babich initially but settled on Fewell when Babich turns them down. It's early, but it would appear we kept the wrong guy.

I would actually strongly consider Fewell for a head coaching job next year.

DChess
11-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Listen, they already went to NE. NE comes to WNY now baby!!! Sunday Night in two weeks. Just got moved today. Im tellign you. Im not saying Buffalo will win, but it aint gonna be a blowout like the last one. Im telling you to revistit the Dallas game. Perry Fewell is the truth. I know BF51 knows that for sure. The job he has done this year with a bunch of PS players and a converted WR starting at SS.

For you to think that Buffalo is going to lose to Miami is a slap in my face. If your so sure, why dont we make a wagger on the game? Thats how conifdent I am that we will win. You have said it twice already that they will lose, why dont you back your mouth up?

alright, if i win you have to wear an american flag as your sig for a month. i dont care what you choose for me

Bills2083
11-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Jammer was also signed to a 5 year extension. The FA CB's aren't that good this year.

Isn't Nnamdi Asomugha a FA?

Billingsley26
11-05-2007, 03:48 PM
alright, if i win you have to wear an american flag as your sig for a month. i dont care what you choose for me

Fine with me. You will wear a sig that has the Canadian Flag and it says I wish I was Canadian. There is to be no ther writing incorporated with your sig, saying I lost this in a bet, it is to just say I wish I was Canadian.

art vandelay
11-05-2007, 03:51 PM

True, we also have Cleveland, too.

LionSmack
11-05-2007, 03:53 PM

Each one of the tears you are crying is like a precious diamond to me. Just know that Lions fans are laughing at you every time you try to throw those jabs in like everything's just the same as it ever was.

DChess
11-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Fine with me. You will wear a sig that has the Canadian Flag and it says I wish I was Canadian. There is to be no ther writing incorporated with your sig, saying I lost this in a bet, it is to just say I wish I was Canadian.

fine but if you get text i get text. yours has to say. America: #1 Country In The World. Canada: Amercias Hat

VoteLynnSwan
11-05-2007, 03:54 PM

you should have added that his sig must say... "I love to poo in the handicap stall"

art vandelay
11-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Each one of the tears you are crying is like a precious diamond.

Exactly...remember how fast the Bungles went to the Bengals?

Billingsley26
11-05-2007, 03:55 PM
fine but if you get text i get text. yours has to say. America: #1 Country In The World. Canada: Amercias Hat

Fine with me, that all good. Just letting you know....My sig wont change this time next week.

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 03:56 PM
An important thing to remember about the Lions' remaining games is where they're played.

We have Arizona, Minnesota, San Diego and Green Bay away, but play the New York Giants, Green Bay, Dallas and Kansas City at home. If the Lions finish the season 4-4, they'll end up with a 10-6 record.

So, although we're still the "Lions"... and the rest of the games look hard... having the hardest games at home helps our chances.

I still think we'll finish 9-7, though...

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Exactly...remember how fast the Bungles went to the Bengals?

Remember how quickly they rebecame the Bungles? Organizational structure is the most important thing in the NFL, even more so than talent. I question that a team run by the Ford's and Matt Millen will be able to sustain the longterm success to beome a respected franchise. One winning season won't do it. Call me a skeptic.

Don't mean to rain on their parade though. Enjoy the wins, especially sweeping our sucky asses.

DChess
11-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Fine with me, that all good. Just letting you know....My sig wont change this time next week.

****!, why didnt you tell me you already know the outcome of next weeks game i wouldnt have bet. just my luck, i bet against a ******* oracle

Billingsley26
11-05-2007, 03:59 PM
****!, why didnt you tell me you already know the outcome of next weeks game i wouldnt have bet. just my luck, i bet against a ******* oracle

lol. we'll have to wait and see.

nrk
11-05-2007, 04:01 PM
The Chiefs only have one more Div road game (Denver) so I think they still have a chance to win the Div they have all ready beat SD in SD and Oak in Oak. That being said the AFC West is just a bad Div I have not seen it this bad in years the Chiefs could go to the playoffs by default but they will be one and done.

How is Larry Johnson? I went to the game yesterday (my first nfl game) and saw that he couldn't really walk on it. Enter Priest Holmes.

art vandelay
11-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Remember how quickly they rebecame the Bungles? Organizational structure is the most important thing in the NFL, even more so than talent. I question that a team run by the Ford's and Matt Millen will be able to sustain the longterm success to beome a respected franchise. One winning season won't do it. Call me a skeptic.

Don't mean to rain on their parade though. Enjoy the wins, especially sweeping our sucky asses.

As long as they have that offense, they are still the Bengals in my opinion. As soon as they turn around that defense (find a scheme that fits the players that they have), they will be playoff contenders again. I think that the team is the most important thing in the NFL.

DChess
11-05-2007, 04:03 PM
the lions will always garner i good chuckle out of me and thats coming from a browns fan. they took a WR 4 out of 5 years, who does that?!?!?

nrk
11-05-2007, 04:19 PM
the lions will always garner i good chuckle out of me and thats coming from a browns fan. they took a WR 4 out of 5 years, who does that?!?!?

WR are the most important position in the game. They catch the ball, then they try to run into the end zone for a touchdown. With 4 great WR, you have a great chance of accomplishing that!

DChess
11-05-2007, 04:20 PM
WR are the most important position in the game. They catch the ball, then they try to run into the end zone for a touchdown. With 4 great WR, you have a great chance of accomplishing that!

if this is a:

joke= funny

serious= trisomy 21

nrk
11-05-2007, 04:23 PM
No, all my chromosomes are correct.

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 04:26 PM
the lions will always garner i good chuckle out of me and thats coming from a browns fan. they took a WR 4 out of 5 years, who does that?!?!?A 6-2 team, apparently.

Mike Williams was the only incorrect pick of the group... and the franchise paid for it. The C-Rog pick was right at the time, but injuries (and marijuana) killed him. Roy is a stud and CJ is an incredible player (and person) and both will dominate in this league for a long time.

I don't mind when others laugh, though... the direction that this team is headed will leave them laughing from behind.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 04:28 PM
A 6-2 team, apparently.

Mike Williams was the only incorrect pick of the group... and the franchise paid for it. The C-Rog pick was right at the time, but injuries (and marijuana) killed him. Roy is a stud and CJ is an incredible player (and person) and both will dominate in this league for a long time.

I don't mind when others laugh, though... the direction that this team is headed will leave them laughing from behind.
Haha...now that's funny.

I don't see how you can say that C-Rog was a good pick that failed because of pot.

Umm....hello!?!?! He failed a ******* drug test right before the draft!! Shouldn't that have been a hint of things to come?

I mean...sure you're 6-2 now, but is that sufficient justification for the awfulness of the last 6-7 years (not to mention the 40 before that)? Come on....

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Haha...now that's funny.

I don't see how you can say that C-Rog was a good pick that failed because of pot.

Umm....hello!?!?! He failed a ******* drug test right before the draft!! Shouldn't that have been a hint of things to come?

I mean...sure you're 6-2 now, but is that sufficient justification for the awfulness of the last 6-7 years (not to mention the 40 before that)? Come on....

HA! Are you SERIOUS!? Come on, BF... did you really think that was a good argument?

CJ and Gaines Adams admitted to using drugs before the NFL draft... should we not have taken CJ on that alone? If we hadn't taken him, would he have fallen? Absolutely not.

It isn't drug use, but the character of the player, that makes the difference. C-Rog was considered a top prospect of that draft, and the Lions desperately needed a WR. Hindsight is 20-20, but the pick was the right pick at the time.

(I didn't say he failed because of pot alone... the injures were a factor as well.)

DChess
11-05-2007, 04:43 PM
HA! Are you SERIOUS!? Come on, BF... did you really think that was a good argument?

CJ and Gaines Adams admitted to using drugs before the NFL draft... should we not have taken CJ on that alone? If we hadn't taken him, would he have fallen? Absolutely not.

It isn't drug use, but the character of the player, that makes the difference. C-Rog was considered a top prospect of that draft, and the Lions desperately needed a WR. Hindsight is 20-20, but the pick was the right pick at the time.

(I didn't say he failed because of pot alone... the injures were a factor as well.)

everyones smoked a lil pot before, they admitted to doing it once but havent done it in years. charles rogers was toking up before the draft, he cleary wasnt going to stop, well at least during the season

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 04:44 PM

Rodgers attitude was highly questioned going into the draft. It's not simply a matter of 20/20. How far he would have fallen if the Lions didn't draft him I don't know, but when there is an obvious character flaw in a player, you give that player tons of money, they fail primarily because of that character flaw (injuries my ass..he's plenty healthy now and there isn't a team in the league that will touch him), then yes...that is a bad pick not only in hindsight but at the time as well.

B-Dawk
11-05-2007, 04:44 PM
still should have taken andre johnson if they wanted a reciever

DChess
11-05-2007, 04:46 PM
didnt rodgers take roids after he got injured?

Moses
11-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Rodgers attitude was highly questioned going into the draft. It's not simply a matter of 20/20. How far he would have fallen if the Lions didn't draft him I don't know, but when there is an obvious character flaw in a player, you give that player tons of money, they fail primarily because of that character flaw (injuries my ass..he's plenty healthy now and there isn't a team in the league that will touch him), then yes...that is a bad pick not only in hindsight but at the time as well.

Rogers has dimished greatly as a receiver. He now runs a 4.8+ 40 in comparison to his 4.3 or whatever when he was drafted. He had tryouts with several teams and none were interesting in signing him. He's CFL bound now.

duckseason
11-05-2007, 04:50 PM
still should have taken andre johnson if they wanted a reciever

I agree. I don't see how anybody can sit there and claim that Rogers was the right pick at the time, when the Lions had one of the best WR prospects of all time staring them in the face and decided to pass on him. Andre was a sure thing. Rogers was a questionable pick from the moment Tagliabue cleared his throat. If Johnson hadn't been there, TL's argument would make more sense.

Moses
11-05-2007, 04:54 PM
I agree. I don't see how anybody can sit there and claim that Rogers was the right pick at the time, when the Lions had one of the best WR prospects of all time staring them in the face and decided to pass on him. Andre was a sure thing. Rogers was a questionable pick from the moment Tagliabue cleared his throat. If Johnson hadn't been there, TL's argument would make more sense.

It was a situation of 1a and 1b if I remember correctly. Plus Rogers was playing great in his rookie season until that collarbone injury.

DChess
11-05-2007, 04:54 PM
i really dont want to base one mans stock on one play but that one handed catch he made in the back of the end zone forgot against who, that was on like every top play countdown, really catapaulted his stock, and everybody though they were seeing randy moss, but if they looked closely they would have seen a skinny, not ready nfl body type with good talent but a awful attitude, and not worth the risk

duckseason
11-05-2007, 04:58 PM
It was a situation of 1a and 1b if I remember correctly. Plus Rogers was playing great in his rookie season until that collarbone injury.

Yeah they were 1a and 1b in the minds of many, but not everybody. A lot of people felt that Johnson was a can't miss prospect, while Rogers was a much bigger risk. Seemed odd to me at the time that the Lions passed on Johnson. But maybe they saw something in Rogers that I missed.

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Rogers has dimished greatly as a receiver. He now runs a 4.8+ 40 in comparison to his 4.3 or whatever when he was drafted. He had tryouts with several teams and none were interesting in signing him. He's CFL bound now.I was going to say it, but you said it for me.

He sat on the couch, smoking marijuana (with his 19 million dollars) and eating cup cakes... is he really the same player? No.

if they looked closely they would have seen a skinny, not ready nfl body type with good talent but a awful attitude, and not worth the riskYeah... Scott Wright had him 2nd, behind only Andre Johnson. Many thought he was the best WR in the draft.

One scouting report:
Stength: Charles Rogers has every physical tool a team wants in a receiver. Charles Rogers had a lot of experience against all sorts of defensive schemes in college.
Weakness: It's a stretch to find one, so I'll say Charles Rogers is only 6'2" and only 200lbs and has no pro experience.
Development: Charles Rogers will be starting for Detroit this year. Charles Rogers has a lot to learn about facing a much smarter, more talented, and more experienced group of defensive backs. Give him a couple years of adapting and if he's willing to put in the hard work Charles Rogers will be one of the better receivers in the league.

Charles Rogers (Mich St): Very fast and very elusive running with the ball and good hands. Drug test “irregularity” raises a red flag and if it is true that his Wonderlic Test score was only 7, then you have a person who may take a very long time to learn to do what you want him to do – if he can learn it at all.

Another site's Early 1st round prospects:
Terrell Suggs
Charles Rogers
Andre Johnson
Carson Palmer
Dewayne Robertson
Jimmy Kennedy
Terence Newman
Byron Leftwich
Marcus Trufant
Kyle Boller
Jordan Gross

It was also reported that the Pats offered 2 1st round draft picks (and additional picks) for the opportunity to draft Charles Rogers, but the Lions wanted him more.

He was considered a great prospect... nothing said now will change that.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Charles Rogers (Mich St): Very fast and very elusive running with the ball and good hands. Drug test “irregularity” raises a red flag and if it is true that his Wonderlic Test score was only 7, then you have a person who may take a very long time to learn to do what you want him to do – if he can learn it at all.

There ya go.

DChess
11-05-2007, 05:12 PM
alright we heard the excuses for the rodgers pick, lets hear the mike williams excuses. that might have been the worst draft pick ive seen in years

GB12
11-05-2007, 05:16 PM
I also don't think it's justification for not calling for Millen's head anymore. Yes they're winning now, but he's still an awful GM.

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 05:31 PM
There ya go.
Yeah... he had a red flag, but was still rated as the #1 or #2 WR in the draft. He was still a top prospect and would've been taken rather high if Detroit didn't take him.

alright we heard the excuses for the rodgers pick, lets hear the mike williams excuses. that might have been the worst draft pick ive seen in years
Mike Williams was the only incorrect pick of the group...
I already said the Williams pick was "incorrect" (and, by incorrect, I meant completely horrible). Millen probably wanted to give Harrington two incredible WR talents, and they fell short with Rogers. They had already drafted Kevin Jones and Roy Williams, so adding Mike Williams (if he was actually good) should've made it easier for Harrington to succeed. Guess what? It didn't. Williams was lazy and useless and never made it out of the dog house.

I think it was a situation where Millen was trying to justify the Harrington pick by forcing him to succeed... and made it worse in the process.

I also don't think it's justification for not calling for Millen's head anymore. Yes they're winning now, but he's still an awful GM.Why? Because Millen finally made the right move: bringing Marinelli to Detroit. Now, Detroit has a head coach that knows how to build a team, and it's working. As long as the Lions continue to improve, Millen will stay in Detroit. And... as long as they keep winning, the fans wont complain.

fenikz
11-05-2007, 05:33 PM

You know damn right you wish you had Andre Johnson

Brodeur
11-05-2007, 05:35 PM

Millen wanted to hear Torry Holt say "OH HO HO WOAH" after Mike Williams was taken. Plus, Kiper was basically begging for him to be picked and Millen just gave it a shot.

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 05:37 PM

Umm... right now or back then? Right now, I'd rather have Roy Williams and CJ... and, back then, I didn't follow the Lions.

Regardless... if C-Rog had succeeded and Andre had struggled, it would've been the other way around. Hindsight is 20/20.

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Millen wanted to hear Torry Holt say "OH HO HO WOAH" after Mike Williams was taken. Plus, Kiper was basically begging for him to be picked and Millen just gave it a shot.

Was it Kiper that said Williams would be in the HOF?

Geo
11-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Hahaha, I'll never forget Mel Kiper Jr. saying on record he thought Mike Williams was the best overall prospect in the Draft and a future Pro Bowl/HOF WR. Mother-loving LOL, that's why Kiper talks about the Draft and doesn't take part in it. As I've said, he's good for talking up prospects but I wouldn't put stock in anything past that.

ESPN couldn't get enough of Merrill Hoge debating him and basically calling him out, it was priceless.

Same Draft, Mike Shanahan drafts Maurice Clarrett with the last pick in the 3rd round. Not as bad given the financial investment, but darn close.

P-L
11-05-2007, 05:50 PM
I wanted Andre Johnson on draft day. I was disappointed when we took Rogers.

Xenos
11-05-2007, 05:53 PM

Both are signed to long term deals with their respective teams. I think you mean Drayton Florence.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Haha...that's funny. I don't hate the Bills, I like the Bills. My roomate is a Bills fan, I like the city of Buffalo (as it shares many similarities to Cleveland). I appreciate what Ralph Wilson did after Modell moved the Browns.

That doesn't change the fact, however, that the Bills simply aren't very good. They've done a good job of scrapping together some wins, and playing the Jets and Dolphins four times will help, but they aren't going to make the playoffs. They just aren't.

i disagree with cleveland being similar to buffalo. Buffalo is a City coming back from the dead while Cleveland is a city that's already picked out its grave site. I was in Cleveland for a month for work and the city was miserable and dead while buffalo is growing. At least those are my observations on the two.

DChess
11-05-2007, 05:57 PM
yeah our city is roughl. we have like one good buisness street, and one good spot to hang out. thats it

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 05:58 PM
i disagree with cleveland being similar to buffalo. Buffalo is a City coming back from the dead while Cleveland is a city that's already picked out its grave site. I was in Cleveland for a month for work and the city was miserable and dead while buffalo is growing. At least those are my observations on the two.

I dunno about that. Cleveland has a lot more culture than Buffalo for starters. I've never spent an extended amount of time in Buffalo, but it strikes me as the same type of rust-belt city as Cleveland and Pittsburgh but on a smaller scale.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-05-2007, 06:09 PM
I dunno about that. Cleveland has a lot more culture than Buffalo for starters. I've never spent an extended amount of time in Buffalo, but it strikes me as the same type of rust-belt city as Cleveland and Pittsburgh but on a smaller scale.

Buffalo is even older than Cleveland, they already fell from grace and are now being resusitated as a lot of money is being put into developing buffalo, i dunno why or from where but the city is growing, i was in buffalo for a week a little while ago at Roswell Park Cancer Institute and that place is so much more developed than it was 5 years ago. Plus buffalo has a fair bit of history as its a very old city with a huge amount of theatres that actually don't suck.

LionSmack
11-05-2007, 07:09 PM
To this day, it's very difficult to comprehend the Mike Williams pick, much less justify it. My only thought is that Rogers had already had multiple drug test failures in the NFL program and the Lions knew he was going to miss time and maybe they even knew he was done, between the tests and the injuries.

That still doesn't even come close to justifying using the 10th pick to solve that problem. I imagine Millen and Mariucci panicked at that point. Also you can kind of see how none of the defensive players available there was a perfect fit for what they wanted to do (amazingly stupid as that is). Ware and Merriman were tweener types, not big DE's like that outdated, run-pass combo 4-3 prototype, and Derrick Johnson was small and fast, again not a big, block-shedding type of guy.

I feel dirty for even trying to explain it though. I don't care if the Lions go to the NFC Championship game, Millen still shouldn't have a job with the Lions. And the Mike Williams pick is exhibit A.

yourfavestoner
11-05-2007, 07:13 PM

I wouldn't go that far. Our offense has always sucked, and now our defense decided to start sucking, too.

yourfavestoner
11-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Hahaha, I'll never forget Mel Kiper Jr. saying on record he thought Mike Williams was the best overall prospect in the Draft and a future Pro Bowl/HOF WR. Mother-loving LOL, that's why Kiper talks about the Draft and doesn't take part in it. As I've said, he's good for talking up prospects but I wouldn't put stock in anything past that.

ESPN couldn't get enough of Merrill Hoge debating him and basically calling him out, it was priceless.

Same Draft, Mike Shanahan drafts Maurice Clarrett with the last pick in the 3rd round. Not as bad given the financial investment, but darn close.

Hoge doesn't exactly have a crystal ball, either. He was saying Derrick Johnson would be out of the NFL within 3 years because he can't tackle.

P-L
11-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Hoge doesn't exactly have a crystal ball, either. He was saying Derrick Johnson would be out of the NFL within 3 years because he can't tackle.

Hoge is one of the worst guys on ESPN. But, I guess everyone has to get one right...

Flyboy
11-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah, they do and I'm hoping that they can continue their success. I like how we're incorporating Reggie Bush into our game planning using him like Brian Westbrook. He had 4.2 yards per rush against Jacksonville's defense. Plus with David Patten and Lance Moore emerging as weapons along with Marques Colston our offense is looking pretty potent. We're also playing very good defense and haven't given up 100 yards rushing since Week 1 when Joseph Addai gained 118 yards. That's eight games in a row with the opponents not gaining over 100 yards. That's pretty damn good.

What I'd still like to see is more Pierre Thomas on the field since he's more of a hard-nosed runner than Aaron Stecker. I'd like to see Usama Young on the field more at the #2 CB and have Jason David serve as the nickel. I like having Brian Simmons as our WLB and would like to see him stay there.

We're not without our flaws but we are playing ball a hell of a lot better. All we need to do is sign someone like Lance Briggs or Karlos Dansby in the offseason, draft someone like Dan Conners in the first round of the draft, and then concentrate on CB and DT afterwards and we're set.

You forgot that we need a new kicker as well.

Geo
11-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I remember him criticizing Johnson with game film, although like he usually does, Hoge exaggerates the criticism/praise. I thought it was for shedding blocks, but I'll trust your memory more than mine, yfs.

That still doesn't even come close to justifying using the 10th pick to solve that problem. I imagine Millen and Mariucci panicked at that point. Also you can kind of see how none of the defensive players available there was a perfect fit for what they wanted to do (amazingly stupid as that is). Ware and Merriman were tweener types, not big DE's like that outdated, run-pass combo 4-3 prototype, and Derrick Johnson was small and fast, again not a big, block-shedding type of guy.
Big Mike Williams over Demarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman. Just wow. That hurts more with each passing game, especially as the Lions are now running the Tampa 2 on defense.